Birthday Girl Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I nodded, "I'll try."

Melissa held my hand and stayed close to me all the way to the car, as if she was afraid of letting me get too far away.

I turned the ignition and the car started, sounding like someone had put spoons in a metal can and was shaking the whole thing around. I just hope I didn't damage it more by driving it. I got out to say good-bye to Melissa, who was standing patiently by the car.

"Thanks," she said.

"For what?"

"For standing up for me in there. They treat me like toddler and I'm sure I'm going to get an earful from the rest but at least I'll have Kelly on my side."

"You want me to have a word with the rest of them?" I said in my best gangster voice, pretending to smoke a cigar.

She laughed shaking her head, "I think I can handle them. It's just nice to know you're on my side." She took my hands and pulled herself closer, "What are you going to do about the car?"

"I have a friend who owns a garage. I'll drive up tomorrow and see what he says, it's still running so that's a good sign, hopefully it won't be too damaged internally."

Her look turned sad again, "I'm really sorry Brian,"

"Hey, no more apologies ok? We'll call it even when I total your Q7" I teased.

"You're never going to see the inside of my car," she said as she wrapped her arms around me.

She came up to just under my chin, and I rested it on top of her head. She had had enough excitement for one night and I didn't want to push for anything else, I was content with just holding her close. She pulled away after almost a minute and I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her on her forehead before letting her go.

She grabbed my hand as I was turning away and pulled me back and quickly planted her lips on mine for a quick peck.

"No need to be too much of a gentleman," she said, letting me go.

A fire was lit inside me at the contact and I wanted to grab her and kiss the living hell out of her right here, right now, but I held back knowing it wasn't the time or place for that.

"See you Saturday?" she inquired, referring to the backyard barbeque party Nick had organized at his house.

"Can't wait. Think you can avoid all the animals between here and Nick's place?"

She pushed me towards the car smiling, "Get out of here before I chase you with a frying pan."

"Alright, see you Lissy," I said getting into the car.

"Call me if you stall."

"Sure thing." I pulled out of the driveway as she walked back to the house and drove off, the car banging and rattling like a tractor with a throat infection.

It wasn't the best of ways to end the night, I could think of a few things I could have gone better, like not hitting a deer, but now I knew Melissa had a vulnerable side as well, apart from her usual confident visage. It made her more approachable, she was also human, just like me. Maybe this whole thing wasn't going to blow up in my face after all.

Sweet.