Birthday Girl Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shit Mel, you're freezing, let's go inside," I said, pulling away and urging her to get up.

"No, it's ok, let's stay a little while longer?" she tried to convince me.

"No way. It's quite cold out now, and I can't have you getting sick tomorrow Lissy, let's go." I said, making sure she was safely away from the edge before getting up myself.

"What's the big deal about tomorrow?" she asked.

Crap, I'd almost given away too much. The proposal was supposed to be a surprise, it wouldn't do to ruin it so when we were so close. Time to bring my powers of distraction into play.

"You've forgotten already?" I said as I took her hand, leading her back to the cabin, "All this talk about me getting lucky and how you're going to show me a good time and this is what I end up with? A forgotten dream? A mere indulgence that you cast away at your fickle whim?" I shook my head in disappointment, "I expected better from you Melissa."

"You're such a drama queen," she said, poking me in the ribs.

I had a feeling she knew I was trying to veer her off the topic but thankfully she didn't pursue it further. We tiptoed silently up to the loft and one by one, we creeped back down to the bathroom to clean ourselves up and change. The cabin was dead silent, nothing could be heard from either of the rooms downstairs.

As Melissa came back up I was already under the covers and getting nice and warm, my hands propped up behind my head and staring at the wooden rafters up on the roof. I turned to her as she got into bed and saw she was wearing cute pink Powerpuff Girls pajamas. I idly wondered where the hell women find this stuff, it was a mystery to me.

She got under the duvet and snuggled right up to me, laying her head on my chest and draping her arm around me. I nearly jumped out of bed when I felt her feet touch mine. They were like blocks of ice.

"Damn Lissy, where did you go to change? The North Pole?" I complained as I tried to scoot my feet away from her.

"What's wrong? My big macho boyfriend is afraid of my pretty little cold feet?" she followed my feet and made sure hers were tucked right in-between mine.

Why'd she have to put it like that? It's just wrong to question a guy's manliness.

"No. But they feel like you were incubating them in a freezer for ten hours."

"They've always been like that, they get really cold, I don't know why. My ex never used to let me-" she paused and sighed. "Sorry, wrong time to bring that up."

I was running my fingers through her soft hair, and went over what she'd just said. Yes, I didn't like the fact that she was with that scoundrel, but I didn't want her to think that she couldn't talk openly with me. I loved this open communication thing we had going where we could freely say whatever we wanted and I didn't want it to stop. That's how shit starts, when people stop talking. Just the fact that she realized this wasn't the most appropriate times to bring it up was good enough for me.

"Lissy, you never have to feel like you can't talk to me about anything. If you have something on your mind, just say it, whenever and wherever, I won't mind one bit."

She looked up at me, "Really?"

I nodded and she gave me that gorgeous smile and a little peck before returning to her place on my chest. She was like a cat.

"He never let me warm my feet on him, always said he couldn't sleep if I did."

"Well, my burning furnace is always open for your frozen popsicles."

I never learn do I? I did it again. One of these days I'm going to cut my tongue off, like seriously.

She giggled, "You should write a book of these things you keep saying,"

"I'd probably be sent to an asylum,"

"I'd come visit you, made sure you took your pills,"

"Ha ha, you're hilarious," I lightly spanked her bottom.

"Oooh, I didn't know you liked it kinky," she cooed as she circled my nipple playfully through my T-shirt. It tickled.

I threaded my fingers through hers and pulled her hand away, trapping it under my back.

"Spoilsport," she muttered sleepily.

We fell silent after that and I felt her breathing become lighter and evening out, her fingers becoming loose in my hand.

"Goodnight Elsa," I said as I kissed the top of her head.

I heard a half-hearted groan but she fell asleep again and I smiled to myself in the dark. If someone had told me a few months ago that I would be in bed with this incredible girl I would have told them to shove it. I looked down to double check if she was really there and saw her silhouette perfectly molded to mine in the sparse moonlight that found its way in through the window. I gradually slowed stroking her hair as she fell deeper into her slumber.

As I felt myself getting drowsy I couldn't help but think about what would happen tomorrow. Would everything go according to plan? Would everything turn out as we wanted? Would Jenna say yes? Despite my overconfidence when talking to Nick earlier, there was always that tiny chance that things would go haywire and for some reason, those doubts always surfaced in the dead of the night.

Just as I was about to nod off I felt Melissa stir. She pressed herself even closer to me and raised and bent her knee over my legs so that I was completely trapped under her. She wriggled her head, and after finding her comfortable spot halfway across my chest, she sighed and became still again, fast asleep.

I was a guy who needed to move at night and here I was trapped, rigid as a surfboard, under a tangle of arms and legs. Funny thing was though, I didn't mind it one bit. I relaxed and eased back into the land of dreams along with the beautiful creature on top of me.

Nope, I didn't mind it at all.