BirthRight Ch. 01-03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SydneyA
SydneyA
41 Followers

"Impossible, his wolf would never allow it," one of the Alpha's said.

"True, in the end he lost it. He didn't want to hurt mom and he couldn't leave his mate. He never returned from his last tour."

Silas eyed the young man. "Do you think he lives? Perhaps he lives somewhere alone with his mate?"

The young wolf removed his hands from his head and crossed his arms. "Yeah. Yeah, I do. I guess he feels he's lived for everyone else, now it's his turn to live for himself."

Silas nodded, appreciating the young man's honesty, although he had to know they would have been able to smell a lie. "He left his wife's care to her sons. Under the circumstances that was probably for the best. She is free to continue her life without a man who is committed to another."

Although Silas had never heard of such a bizarre situation, he felt a pang of sympathy for them all. A mated pair had to be together or go insane. But the wife should've been taken care of, especially if she'd never agreed to become the wife of an unmated shifter. The boys had divided loyalties and that should never be the case. It was a mess that should have never occurred.

"Thanks, Tyrone," Lyle said, breaking the silence. "Your story stays between those of us in this room. We have a lot to think about and research. But we all wish you a speedy and full recovery. Our Patron has extended his protection, which means the protection of every Alpha who wears his crest. So be at ease and get well."

Silas noticed the young man's brow crease at the mention of the Patron. The Alphas left the room. "Who will take him back to his room?" Silas asked.

"I promised to call an orderly." Jayden looked at Tyrone. "Do you need help to lie down?" He patted the top of the gurney.

"No." Tyrone walked over and sat on top. He looked at Silas. "Thank you. I don't know what a Patron is. I hope you can help fill in the missing blanks in my education."

Cameron hadn't recovered well enough to be moved to Silas' home yet, so he intended to be in the area a while longer. Perhaps he'd move Cameron and Tyrone to Jayden's lands, where they could control security better. He'd think about that.

"Sure. Go now and put your mother's mind at ease. You've been away for a while." Silas touched Tyrone on the neck. The young man fell asleep. He backed up as the orderlies came in and wheeled him out.

Jayden waited, but didn't speak.

"He needs to rest and we need the time to check out his story." He glanced at Jayden and Lyle, who nodded. They left the room. Silas hoped Tyrone's story was wrong, but he doubted it. No matter how he cut it up, he smelled trouble headed in their direction.

SydneyA
SydneyA
41 Followers