BirthRight Ch. 13-16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SydneyA
SydneyA
41 Followers

"Huh?" Tyrone asked.

"Patience pup," she said with a frown.

"Shifters and humans. Separate, they're enemies. Put them together and what do you have?"

"Abominations," Theron growled.

The female twittered. "Look at these two, do they look like abominations to you?"

"They're wolves," Theron said.

"Not one hundred percent," the female snapped. "It's been hell finding a decent balance. Diet, exercise, upbringing, all of it plays a part." She sighed. "Patron. It's not that we don't respect your abilities, we do. But change is inevitable, we'd hoped to work with you, but we weren't ready and you're here." She shrugged. "And now we have a recording of what these wolves can do and you as well. We'll be better prepared now."

Silas suspected something like that, it was one of the reasons he held the two wolves immobile instead of killing them outright.

"But they were so excited watching the two of you fight," she said to the twins, who returned her stare. "Even now, they're researching your background so it can be duplicated. We figured something was missing and now we know."

"Yeah? What?" Tyrone asked his voice tight.

She cocked her head and looked at him. The light of insanity burned bright. "Pack. You need a tight unit of comrades, like a pack."

Tyrone nodded. "You're right. Wolves can't survive without a pack. The ones who try, go insane." He stared at her.

She smiled. "You are strong, I'm glad. Glad to see this hasn't all been in vain." She looked at Theron. "I'm tired. You can give me to the bitches now."

Chapter 16

Silas looked out over the compound. Tyrone and Tyrese had been quiet the day after Shelby and the other wolves attacked the human. The debriefing had included every Alpha who wore his crest. Some were skeptical over a possible plot to overthrow the current system, although they all admitted this enemy was harder to spot. Silas charged each of them to bind every pack leader in their state to help ferret out potential upstarts.

The goddess' warning echoed the human's. Silas never believed in coincidences. It was imperative to get out ahead of the coming conflict. But was the conflict between half-breeds and full bloods? Or something else? His first litter of pups would be breeds. He shook his head over the untenable position.

"Sir?" Tyrese called from the door.

"Enter." He'd been expecting them ever since Theron had called them abominations. He'd corrected all the Alphas against using the slur. Theron didn't see the twins in that light. Remarks spoken in the heat of the moment could still cause damage although the twins never flinched. But with his impending fatherhood, he wouldn't be as tolerant. As yet he'd made no announcement of the future pups. He planned to wait for Jasmine to tell him and then he'd decide when to tell his Alphas. Most would be happy. Some would be disappointed. All would support him.

"The female spoke of researching our past and that's going to lead someone to our mother. We'd like to get her away from all of this. Perhaps back home or to my aunt's for a break."

Silas shook his head. "She cannot leave my protection, she carries my pups."

"What?" Tyrese said. "She didn't mention it to us." He looked at his brother, who shook his head.

"She didn't mention it to me either so don't let on that you know," Silas said in a dry tone. "I searched and saw for myself. I told her that if she carried my pups, she'd have to live with me until she delivers them."

Tyrese laughed, but it lacked humor. "She'll never leave her kids."

"She told me that in colorful terms. Nevertheless, when we return to Maryland, I expect her to tell me she has my pups tucked away and to honor her end of the deal without dragging her feet."

"Her end of the deal?"

Silas remembered their discussion during their sexual escapades. "Ask her about it. But she'll be moving with me to my compound in West Virginia."

"Huh?" Tyrese looked sucker-punched. Tyrone's mouth gaped open. Both men looked lost and uncertain.

He looked at them. "You're welcome to come as well."

They brightened.

"Thanks. Wow, a brother or sister to watch over."

Tyrese smiled. "Yeah, now you have someone who might listen to all your bad advice." He smacked his brother on the back of his head.

"That's a bonus. But I call dibs on teaching the boys how to play football, you always ate my dust," Tyrone laughed, dodging his brother.

Silas listened as the two wolves bantered back and forth with a frown. Had he just lost control of the peace and quiet of his haven? How would Jasmine react when she realized he intended to move her as soon as possible? The human's mention of researching the twins had struck a nerve and he wanted her where he could protect her. Stifling a sigh, he looked at the twins and wondered, are they the future? If so how would they mesh with the present?

He stood, interrupting the twins. "I'm tired, and the plane is ready. Time to get back to Maryland and then on to my home. I want your mom settled before we investigate your dad's pack."

At the mention of their father's former pack, the young wolves stilled. "You said we could travel with you when you met with them," Tyrese said, walking ahead of Silas while Tyrone brought up the rear.

Appearances be damned, he slowed and walked next to Tyrone. He didn't need a security detail but everyone had convinced themselves the wolves needed to see him separate and apart. He could speak through their link, but didn't want to do that right now.

"I remember, and once we get Jasmine settled, we'll make plans," Silas said as they exited the building and headed for the cars that'd take them to the airport.

Brad and Hank waited at the vehicle along with Shelby and Theron. Buck, their Beta, stood a short distance away.

Theron and Shelby bowed as Silas approached. "Thank you for honoring us with your presence, La Patron," Theron said as he shook Silas' hand.

Silas nodded, released his hand. He took Shelby's smaller one, kissed the back of it and pulled her close. "Have I told you lately that you are one tough bitch?"

Shelby's face reddened. Her eyes lit with pleasure. "Yes, on more than one occasion." She laughed.

Silas nodded. "Good. I just wanted to be sure." He nodded to the beta and the wolves who'd come to see the Patron. The twins nodded to Theron as he shook their hands.

Hank held the back door open for Silas. As he stepped forward to enter the car, a cold wind blew across his face. The tiny hairs on the back of his neck rose in apprehension. He scented the air and scented nothing amiss, yet the sensation remained.

"Sir?" Tyrese asked in a quiet tone, while his eyes searched the area.

Silas stilled and looked back toward the second floor. Arianna stood in the window staring down at him, her eyes blazed for a moment and then returned to normal. In slow motion, she blew him a kiss.

Apprehension wrapped around him as he slid into the back of the car. "Goddess save me from fanatics," he muttered.

<<<<>>>>

SydneyA
SydneyA
41 Followers