Bitter Fingers

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nick watched her cross the floor and steeled himself to follow.

Reaching the bar she leaned over it and held up her glass for a refill. Just then

Roy Hobbs the lead guitarist and singer from the band announced that a guest performer would be doing a couple of songs with the band so that he could have a "smoke and a piss break."

"So it's my massive pleasure to introduce a local boy who's now a man and has come back home after travelling and conquering the World and I'm sure you're gonna love him as much as I do. The prodigal son returns, JOHN LOCK." Roy shouted.

John

In his senior school years, taught by his dad, John had learned to box and had twenty six amateur fights and won them all, nineteen by stoppage. After leaving school John was able to use his qualifications to join the Navy as a Mechanical Technician. He signed on for six years and was quickly snapped up for the Navy boxing team.

John rose through the ranks to Sub-Lieutenant and remained unbeaten in the ring, adding another fifty eight fights to his record with forty nine by stoppage. John's Captain for the last two ships had been Chris Pollard, a Cornish man who he grew to love and respect and who taught him how to read music and play the guitar.

Leaving the Navy was a wrench for John and he still didn't know why he did it, he wanted to sign on for another three years at least but Chris retired in his last year and he didn't enjoy serving under anyone else as much so before he really had chance to change his mind John was walking down the gangplank for the last time.

Turning professional as a boxer was just a natural decision as he had his choice of good management and promotors. They all wanted an unbeaten amateur fighter with sixty eight stoppages fifty of which were clean knock outs when most of his fights had been three round fights.

As a pro John had fought for the British and Commonwealth title, winning it in five rounds and defending it three times before fighting for and winning the European Title.

John's dad would have been so proud of him, but for the fact that he had died when John was twenty one and serving in Gibraltar. Coming home for the funeral and seeing his mother and family had nearly broken him. In his first amateur fight after his dad died John got lazy and took a big right to the mouth which gave him his second ever fat lip and almost knocked him over for the second time in his life. He had to mentally scold himself and pull back his discipline to land a heavy right cross in the third round to win.

As World Champion Steve Long could choose his defences as he wanted, but his next fight had to be against the mandatory challenger John Lock. Steve wasn't frightened of John but he really could do without what he knew would be a hard fight. He would have to be at his best and use every trick and weapon he had to beat this guy.

John stood in the ring, the introductions made and everything was ready for the fight of his life.

"Seconds out round one," was announced.

John punched his own gloves together in determination and putting his chin on his chest marched to the centre of the ring with the words "Up on your toes and nice and loose. Now hands up, left in front of right. Tuck your chin into your chest and eyes on me, and don't take them off of me until I say it's ok," going through his mind.

"This is for you dad," he said to himself as he through his first left jab perfectly hitting the target.

"Fuck me this boy can punch" thought Steve, "If that was just a jab, I'm in trouble." Just as the second one slammed into his forehead and rocked his head back on his shoulders. "Return fire," he thought and so he did, in fact in that split second of thought he considered that "fix bayonets" might be more appropriate.

For the first two and a half minutes of the first round both fighters were content to exchange jabs until John stepped to his left and watched Steve go with him dropping his left hand slightly. BANG, he threw his favourite right cross and connected with Steve's open chin. Suddenly the ref was pushing John back and pointing to the neutral corner. Steve was on his back on the floor in his own corner.

With the shouted instruction to "Get the fuck up" Steve gingerly rose at eight on jelly legs.

As the ref looked Steve in the eyes and made him rub his own chest with his gloves, John was standing dazed in the neutral corner. Taking two steps towards Steve the Ref signalled for both fighters to fight. Just as John went to through his favourite again, "DING" the bell went for the end of round one.

On his corner stool John looked past his trainer towards his opponent in his corner. His seconds were working furiously to rouse him and Steve looked like he was waking up from a Sunday nap.

Not only was John a good fighter he was also a scholar of the ring. Watching Steve get up early from his stool brought back memories of Lloyd Honeyghan against Johnny Bumphus.

Steve was almost running across the ring before the bell for round two.

John screamed "gum shield"and his second Dave shoved the plastic shield between his lips. John's trainer was pushed aside as Steve reached him just as the bell went. John was ready and dipped under Steve's haymaker right hook and slammed a straight left into Steve's ribs

Steve sunk to his right and left his chin exposed on his left side. For a split millisecond John considered not throwing his favourite again and in that time he wondered what made him hesitate?

That thought suddenly disappeared and John connected with the right cross, not with Steve's chin but his temple.

Steve crumpled to the floor at John's feet and the ref waved his arms then leaned down to pull Steve's gum shield out.

John had won the World title and he was suddenly in another world. His trainer grabbed him around his waist and lifted him up. Everybody in his team were jumping in exultation and John was crying out "DAD, DAD, LOOK WHAT I'VE DONE"

Steve was still on the floor and his trainer and second started waving their arms furiously. The doctor was called and John's heart stopped.

Steve was carried out on a stretcher and John entered yet another world, one he would be in for a long time.

Maggie

NO, it can't be, I don't believe it, what's he doing here? These were all the cliché sayings that went through Maggie's head as she turned from the bar and walked slowly through the dance floor crowd, her empty glass still grasped in her fingers and her mouth open in wonder.

John steeped up to the microphone and spoke to the crowd for the first time. His Fender strapped across his broad shoulders his voice was as handsome as his chiseled good looks. "A very good evening people of Soton, I have indeed been away for sometime but like a fine wine I've matured in that time. But more of a Beaujolais Nouveau I'm back and may well be here year after year," John said grinning.

"Many thanks to Roy for letting me on to drag down this wonderful band's fantastic reputation to the bottom of the musical pond where I reside." John carried on as he leaned on his guitar and looked round at the band smiling.

He plucked the first few chords he began to sing.

I'm going on the circuit, I'm doing all the clubs,

And I really need a song boys to stir those workers up, And get their wives to sing it with me just like in the pubs,

When I worked the good old pubs in Stepney.

Maggie stopped and listened, she thought she'd heard the song somewhere but couldn't bring it to mind. The crowd clapped and swayed to the song that most of them had never heard.

"He's good ain't he?" Elaine said to Maggie suddenly appearing at her side.

"What's that song?" Maggie asked.

"Elton John" said a man on her other side.

Maggie remembered, John had played it to her one day when they had been allowed to take records into school. She couldn't remember the name but she knew John had liked it. Gary had scratched the needle right across it when he saw it was John's. She was sure John had almost cried, especially when she had just said something about Gary saying sorry and that he could buy a new one.

It's hard to write a song with bitter fingers

So much to prove, so few to tell you why

Those old die-hards in Denmark Street start laughing

At the keyboard players hollow haunted eyes,

John sung and played like a pro, obviously a favourite song of his. Maggie had loved Elton John but only because John liked him so much.

"Elaine I've got to talk to him, I've got to tell him, even if he's married with eight kids I've got to tell him I love him and I always have and always will. Even if he brushes me off or tells me to fuck off, I've got to tell him," Maggie said above the music cupping her mouth to Elaine's ear.

"Go for it girl, if you can get near him" Elaine replied smiling.

Maggie pushed through the rest of the rocking crowd to the foot of the stage just as John reached the end of the song.

No more long days hocking hunks of garbage

Bitter fingers never swung on swinging stars, swinging stars.

John looked down at Maggie and smiled, recognising her instantly he took the applause and went straight into the lead guitar intro to Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting, naturally.

It's getting late have you seen my mates

Ma tell me when the boys get here

John

Playing with Roy's band was great and playing some of his favourite songs was really good. But best was seeing Margaret again, she looked different but yet the same. Shiny red hair and sparkling green eyes, she was still as beautiful as ever she was. She was waiting to talk to him as he came off stage and he wanted to talk to her.

They both had so much to say to each other but the first thing past each of their lips was the stupid question, "are you single?" Stupid, but highly relevant because they had so much talking to do that neither of them wanted to interfere in each other's relationships.

John and Margaret decided that as they had so much to say they would need to see each other in a quieter situation. So they arranged to meet back at the Sun lunchtime the next day.

John relayed most of his story first, telling Margaret about going to Shirley Warren and how his dad had taught him boxing and had insured that she couldn't see him as he said she was an obvious distraction. He told her about the Navy and Chris Pollard teaching him guitar. He left out the last fight he'd had but relayed that he'd earned a few bob and had no need to work anymore but had come back to Soton and his father's farm to live.

Now he was up to date it was her turn. But first lunch, John ordered a burger and salad and Margaret had some Salmon. The food was good in the Sun and they spent the next half hour eating, talking and laughing.

Maggie.

"First things first you have to call me Maggie," she stated.

Maggie went on to tell him everything, starting with the fateful day at school when Gary had knocked him out.

"He didn't fucking knock me out!" John loudly stated, interrupting her train of thought.

"Sorry I thought that's what happened," she replied.

"No, No, No," John slammed, "He knocked me OVER, and I hit my head on the tree, there's a difference," he continued.

"Sorry my fault," She apologised.

"Accepted.. Maggie," he replied with a smile.

Maggie continued to tell him her side of the story and made the point that she wanted to kiss him and not Gary fucking Smith.

John smiled at her remembering his nickname for the prick.

She carried on to tell him about nursing and how she had gone away to train and come back to live. John admired her dedication and her skill in her craft. She told him about her Irish temper and how she'd dated a few men but never far enough to get serious, just hinting to him the fact that she was still a virgin and intended to stay that way until marriage. To which John frowned slightly but was not too concerned.

They both admitted to each other how trivial their reasons for splitting up were and that although they didn't feel that way at the time they both thought that they were long gone now and well and truly in the past. They both related how much they missed each other and still loved each other with all their hearts.

"I guess we should be married as soon as possible then because I don't think I can wait that long to get you naked," John stated.

"Is that your idea of a proposal?" Maggie replied, pretending to be offended when all she wanted to do was shout from the nearest roof top.

The ceremony was brilliant. John's mother was able to make it and all their family were there to see them joined. The small church was Maggie's ideal wedding setting and they both loved every minute of being tied together in front of almost everyone they knew. They had a wonderful reception at The Sun and Solar Prestige played for them as a wedding present from Roy and the boys.

John got up and did a few numbers with the band, both with Roy and on his own. Elton John songs of course, the usual Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting, then Empty Sky, Elderberry Wine, and finishing with the favourite Bitter Fingers. Roy was obviously an Elton John fan too, as were the whole band considering the fact of what they had named themselves.

They planned their first night together back at the farm house with no honeymoon but just a few days together but Roy had an announcement to make before they did the traditional early exit.

"Ok people, I'd just like to say that we have another wedding gift for the happy couple, a night in the best hotel in the County and five days in Jersey as a well deserved honeymoon. Now go on you two get the fu... I mean hell out of here." Everyone applauded Roy's little proclamation and cheered as the happy couple went under the tunnel of linked arms and on their way to their new life together.

The newly wed couple faced each other in the bedroom for the first time.

"God I love you," John told her.

"I love you more," Maggie replied.

"Not possible," John countered pulling her white dress's straps over her creamy shoulders.

In silence they slowly undressed each other and stood facing, naked and exposed. John froze in wonder at the beautiful red haired, green eyed goddess before him.

They moved back together laying gently on top of the bed. John moved over her and caressing her face he moved his fingers through her candy hair. Leaning down he placed gentle kisses on her alabaster neck and made his way down to her red ruby nipples, gently sucking each one in turn until Maggie felt like they were going to burst. Maggie caressed the back of her lovers head as he carried on going past her soft belly towards her delicate, red down covered pussy. Already Maggie was feeling delicious twinges and little sparks of pleasure running through her pussy. She had never been as wet as this and as ready for more, in her life.

John covered the tops of her legs with little kisses and they opened naturally to allow him access. His gentle ministrations to the area, everywhere apart from her clit made it throb and positively ache for him. Suddenly he flattened his tongue against the bottom of her dripping slit and took one long lap to the top, then he stopped and waggled the tip over her erect little pleasure button. She was so turned on and ready that a gushing orgasm hit her straight away. John continued to lick and suck her hot slot to three more delicious orgasms before he let up, lapping up her delicious river of juices flowing freely from her spasming pussy.

"Are you ready for me now, my love," he quietly whispered,

"My God I've been ready for years, give it to me now, make me yours lover," she groaned.

John moved above her and his hard cock naturally lined up with her hot entrance.

"I'll start off gently," he said, "I'll stop if it hurts too much,"

"I love you" she replied.

His foreskin peeled back as his solid cock pushed between her soaking pussy lips. He felt the slight resistance of her maidenhead against the head of his cock. Her pussy seemed to tighten further as he paused.

"This is it my love, are you sure you're ready?" He moaned.

"Do it" was all she could grunt.

He pushed his cock forward in a smooth motion and he heard her moan and felt her virginity go. Still for a moment, he kissed her with an undying passion and moved further forward until his entire cock was inside her and he was pushing against her cervix. He made love to her until she had cum harder than ever before and then again as he filled her with his warm juice. They woke up the next morning wrapped together, under the cotton sheets, bathed in each other's sweat and cum.

Marriage came naturally to them.

They were soon settled down to a warm and loving relationship, living on John's farm. John kept the farm just like his dad had, Maggie kept working at the practise and although children were on the agenda for the future they were happy as they were for now.

How things can change.

As Bernie Taupin put it "It's hard to write a song with bitter fingers."

John

John sat in one of the alcoves in The Sun at lunchtime. He was having a quiet drink with his best friend Roy and just generally shooting the breeze. Suddenly from nowhere he heard a voice from his long distant past,

"Yeh I've only been back in this shit hole village for two weeks and I've shagged four tarts already. Two of them from that doctors practice, one from the garage and that bird from the newsagents shop. Got my eye on another one too." Gary fucking Smith bragged.

Roy looked at John and watched as a sudden storm fell across his eyes.

"Knew her a long time ago and I found her working in that doctors practice with the other two tarts. Won't take me long to get into those knickers, even if she's married. Once the other two tell her how good I am at laying pipe she'll be gagging for it. Then she'll be one of Gary's girls for sure." He went on.

Roy had almost heard enough of his shit and began to rise from his seat.

"No, shhh, not now, it's what he wants," hushed John, putting his hand across Roy's forearm and gently guiding him back down. "Too many people about. It needs to be done privately."

Gary kept talking and of course bragging, and John and Roy kept listening. But hearing the way Gary was talking, knowing the way he was John became more and more convinced that Gary didn't know they were there, and listening to him.

"Yeh, I've got a classic soft top Ford and although it's not much performance wise, it sure is a babe magnet," Gary bragged, "and I've found this old gravel track that leads into this small forest where I can drive down and not be seen, it's far enough away from the main road to ensure that if the bitch gets antsy it won't be easy for her to get away, heh heh."

John's frown grew deeper as he realised he knew where Gary was talking about. The gravel track was on his land and lead down into the copse at the bottom of his field.

"Such an asshole," groaned Roy.

"He'll get his, no worries, just a matter of time and place," John replied

"Fucking perverted son of a bitch, he's talking about Maggie, and he's talking about making sure she can't refuse," swore Roy.

"Don't worry, Maggie won't go anywhere near him, she knows what it would mean to me if she even talks to him." John said, trying to convince himself as well.

Maggie

Maggie didn't know what to do, Gary was back and had come to her work a couple of times. Elaine and Lynne had been on dates with him and had told her about them. Apparently Gary had been "quite good" and they'd both had a good time. Maggie had not told John that Gary had made a couple of appointments to see her and tried his old chat up lines on her with obvious hopes of getting into her panties. If John even knew that she'd spoken to him he'd be furious with her. She knew John loved her with all his heart and she believed he would forgive her for anything, but she still didn't want him to find out about her talking to Gary.