Black Werewolves in North America

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,138 Followers

Adam's old friend Samuel, acting as his advisor that day, called for the meeting to begin. In clear, precise words, Adam explained the situation to the other Wolf leaders. There were gasps of shock and surprise from these powerful men and women. Adam let his words sink in, and told them his plan. The last thing he wanted was to have a panic. He proposed beefing up the Enforcers, and instituting a curfew for the females as well as the youngest and most vulnerable members of the Packs. This was met with disbelief, and more than one female Werewolf present cried sexism. Adam tried not to roll his eyes. The Killer took out two healthy, strong and powerful female Werewolves. No easy feat considering female Werewolves had sharper senses and could shift from human to wolfish form faster than the males, making them deadlier. This Killer should definitely be taken seriously. More than one of the Wolf leaders asked that his or her own experts be allowed to participate in the investigation. Adam refused, and said an independent party should be brought in. Someone who wouldn't play Pack politics. An investigator who would stick to the truth, and follow the evidence wherever it took them.

A clamour arose from the assembled Werewolf leaders. This course of action didn't sit right with them at all. There was a history of rivalry and distrust among the various factions within the Werewolf community. Even with a human predator prowling about at night, killing members of the Werewolf community, these fools couldn't stop bickering. Adam sighed, then demanded silence. His voice rose several octaves deeper than possibly human, commanding their collective attention. He cleared his throat, and one of his Henchmen ushered someone into the room. A woman with an Amazonian physique and stern mien strode into the room. Clad in her Provincial police uniform, Anneke Burkhard looked like she meant business. Her powerful side arms were holstered, but everyone knew they were ready to deliver death in an instant. She looked at the assembled leaders, and nodded gravely at Adam. He returned her nod, and gave her the floor.

The tall blonde policewoman effectively laid down the law, so to speak. Never one to suffer nonsense, she didn't play politics with the outsized egos of the Werewolf leaders. Rather, she told them facts, and laid it all out for them. Anneke Burkhard told them that with a human predator on the loose, one who knew the weaknesses of the Werewolf community and was daring enough to strike them, no one was safe. She reminded them that they lived in a City filled with humans. Hostile humans. The human population of Montreal would turn on the Werewolves who shared their City in a heartbeat if they knew of their existence. The safety of the entire Werewolf community was at stake. Regardless of their politics and issues with each other, they all faced the same risk if exposed to humanity. Certain death, or worse.

When she was done, Provincial police officer Anneke Burkhard stood facing the assembled Wolf leaders, letting her words sink in. The Wolf leaders looked at her, and at each other. Adam looked around, and watched comprehension flood the faces of his fellow Wolf leaders, followed by fear and uncertainty. He knew exactly how they felt. The Werewolf community had grown complacent. His grandfather took over Montreal in the 1950s and transformed Montreal into a paradise for Werewolves everywhere. Werewolves from Africa, Europe and Asia came to Montreal knowing this was a place where their kind reigned supreme. A community of men and women endowed with the ability to transform themselves into wolf-like beings of superhuman strength and speed at will. They were immune to disease, and aged very slowly once they reached adulthood. They could live close to a thousand years. Small wonder they had been caught unawares by this Killer. They felt and acted like they were invincible. Adam could still hear his long-dead grandfather lecturing him that pride was inevitably by a fall. Especially for fools.

One by one, the leaders of the Werewolf community nodded their agreement to his plan. Provincial police officer Anneke Burkhard would be put in charge of the special investigation, and until the human Killer was found and killed, the Enforcers would patrol the Werewolf communities of Montreal and a curfew would be in place. Adam watched them go. They had many misgivings, but what choice did they have, really? They weren't used to being hunted. Hadn't been for many generations. Werewolves had lived without persecution for close to a thousand years. Once they were hunted down in Europe, until the truth about them was forgotten and they became the stuff of mythology. Now once more their entire race faced the threat of extinction. Adam had no doubt that if the human Killer or Killers managed to expose the truth about Werewolves to the modern world, they'd be hunted down and slaughtered. Humanity was infamous for its xenophobia. They killed their own over questions of race, religion, nationality and sexual orientation. They were naturally wicked. What would they do if they learned that another race of intelligent beings had been sharing their planet for an eternity? They'd react with disbelief at first. Then they would get angry. Once angry, they'd strike at the Werewolf community with a fury the world had never witnessed. Humanity hated those who are different. And Werewolves are the ultimate outsiders on a planet full of humans. The sooner every member of the species realized that, the better. Adam smiled wistfully. He felt that the ancestors of modern Werewolves would be disappointed if they saw what softies their descendants had become.

And thus the gauntlets were thrown. The young Haitian-Canadian Werewolf Crown Prince readied himself to face the dark times ahead. He felt confident, though. In the game of survival, hunters easily became the hunted. His grandfather once took him on a trip to the wilderness of Central Africa where they watched a King Cobra slay a rabbit, only to be slaughtered by a large pack of Banded Mongooses. The thirty so much members of the Mongoose Pack tore the King Cobra to pieces, then feasted upon its meat. Adam admired the hell out of Mongooses, the traditional enemies of all Serpents. Yes, even the deadliest of creatures easily fell prey to those who were daring enough to take them. Adam Des-Bois had no desire to allow his People to share the fate of the Cobra, an overconfident predator who routinely ended up lunch on a Mongoose's menu. He had his ace in the hole, and that ace was Anneke Burkhard. The German-born Provincial policewoman was full of wonders. She was quite useful and made for a powerful ally. Especially since she was able to get the drop on him, albeit in an inebriated state. His pride was a bit wounded that she managed to take him down, but he told himself she only did what was necessary. Had he wolfed out in the middle of the bar, everything he worked hard to accomplish would have been for naught. It simply wouldn't do for the Crown Prince of the Werewolf community of Montreal to be the one who endangered the community through a drunken brawl. The leaders of the other Packs of the City would view this as a sign of weakness and stupidity. Provincial policewoman Anneke Burkhard had done the right thing by bringing him home, after subduing him. Also, she was discreet. When he questioned her about her actions, she said she was acting for the well-being of all Werewolves by saving him, rather than having a personal interest in him one way or the other.

Anneke Burkhard explained her reasoning, and he agreed with her. Which is why he summoned her to act as his Right Hand at the meeting with the other Leaders of the Packs of Werewolves living in Metropolitan Montreal. He needed someone like her to eliminate the threat of the human or humans who had slain two female Werewolves with apparent impunity. With his new Henchwoman in her place, he could focus on other matters. Like maintaining his facade as a top-notch football player at Concordia University. Appearances must be maintained. It was also important that he appeared as a capable administrator in these tough times. Any mistake he made would be interpreted as a sign of weakness by the other Werewolves. Once they got wind of it, they would inevitably band together and challenge him for the Rulership of the City of Montreal. The Confederation of Canada had been a paradise for the Wolf-Men and Wolf-Women of the world tens of thousands of years before Europeans came and irrevocably changed the land. The Aboriginals had deep respect for the Wolf-Men who lived in the Canadian Wilderness. They saw them as special agents interacting between the World of Man and the World of the ancient Beasts. Only in Europe and parts of Asia were Wolf-People feared and loathed. There was a decline in the Werewolf population of Canada as Europeans clashed with Aboriginals for control of the land. It was a Werewolf from the island of Haiti in the Caribbean who reclaimed Canada for the Race of the Werewolves.

The Haitian Werewolf came, and handily defeated the French Canadian Werewolves who once ruled much of Quebec and parts of Ontario. His arrival marked a new beginning for both humans and Werewolves living in Canada. His conquest of Montreal showed Werewolves in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean that the humans and the Wolves of the Old Ways could be caught by surprise and taken over. Thus, they made their way to Montreal. Now, tens of thousands of Wolf-Men and Wolf-Women lived in the City of Montreal. Making it the home of the largest Werewolf community in North America. The only other places in North America that came close to having such large Werewolf populations were towns like Boston in the State of Massachusetts and Houston in the State of Texas. American Werewolves were slowly taking over certain major Metropolitan areas. The town of Berlin in the Republic of Germany had a sizable Werewolf population, as did the Camargue region in the Republic of France. The region of Johannesburg in the Republic of South Africa had a growing and ethnically diverse population of Werewolves. Yes, the Race of the Werewolves was making a comeback across the Globe. And it was largely due to Adam Des-Bois grandfather's glorious conquest of Montreal. The Canadian Metropolis which had become the Mecca of the Werewolf Race.

For Adam, it had become vital that he didn't become the only member of the Des-Bois lineage to falter under the Burden of Leadership. And lo and behold, he actually got some results. Anneke Burkhard kept him appraised every nuance of the investigation, and he appreciated her attention to detail. She determined that the Killer who had slain the two female Werewolves was a lone wolf, for lack of a better term. A ruthless, decidedly well-armed human who acted alone. They popped up from time to time. Luckily, the Killer hadn't planned on having the entire Werewolf community of Montreal mobilized against him or her. And soon slipped up. The solution to Adam Des-Bois problems came unexpectedly. Quebec Provincial policewoman Anneke Burkhard informed him that she and some of her hand-chosen Enforcers had the Killer cornered. Anneke wisely informed him of that, and Adam hastily went to the scene. He'd been in the middle of football practice. The Concordia University football team had a big game against the visiting University of Calgary. The entire City of Montreal was psyched to take on "the redneck upstarts" and Adam had a lot riding on his shoulders as the University football team's starting quarterback. However, he gladly walked away from football practice to attend to what his grandfather called "Matters of State".

Provincial law enforcement officer Anneke Burkard's text message informed him the Enforcers had the human Killer cornered in Montreal-Nord, of all places. Adam practically flew there. The men and women of the Enforcers Special Team wore their dark blue uniforms and carried big guns like Special Ops agents. Which is what they were, essentially. Most of them were current or former police officers and soldiers. Adam got to the warehouse where they had the Killer cornered. He quickly got the logistics from a tired but determined-looking Anneke. What she couldn't send him in a text message, no matter how secure. Rage swelled in Adam Des-Bois chest when he recognized the name. Eric O'Malley, the French Canadian bozo whom Rachel Adler dumped him for, so long ago.

Anneke Burkhard looked at him with what appeared to be genuine sympathy once he made the connection for her. She nodded, saying it made perfect sense. Eric O'Malley somehow found out Rachel Adler was a Werewolf, and he killed her along with her girlfriend Monique Boudreau. Then he began a vendetta against the entire Werewolf race. Anneke Burkhard gently touched Adam's hand, and assured him that Eric O'Malley wouldn't escape. One way or another, he would die tonight. From the warehouse's depths, Eric O'Malley shouted a defiant warning. He said he'd kill lots of mangy Wolves before he went down. Then he tossed a grenade out a window. Anneke told everyone to take cover. Her voice actually carried over the explosion. Adam didn't really listen. He was too busy shifting form. His eyes turned yellow. His teeth elongated and sharpened. Fur grew all over his tall, athletic body. He became massively muscular, and his body transformed into that of a wolf-like humanoid. A deep growl escaped his jaws. Anneke tried to stop him. He leapt away, and vaulted the twenty feet to the window. Then he was in the warehouse. Alone with the man who had killed the woman he once loved. A stentorian roar escaped Adam's jaws. He would tear the human limb from limb, and feast on his bones. One way or another, Eric O'Malley would pay for what he'd done.

The massive Werewolf which Adam had become stalked the vast, dark warehouse. He saw the booby traps the human had lain about. It was disgustingly easy to avoid them. He made his way through the darkness, and soon found his enemy. Clad in Army fatigues, Eric O'Malley stood in the darkness. Night vision goggles allowed him to see the huge Werewolf which came straight for him. He took out his Beretta and fired shot after shot into Adam. Silver bullets struck the huge ebony Werewolf. If he felt the bullets, Adam didn't even let it show. They didn't stop him. They didn't even slow him down. Powered by superhuman rage, he stalked toward his enemy. Eric swore, and tossed aside the empty Beretta. He took a hunting rifle and aimed for a headshot. Adam leapt into the air, easily crossing the thirty feet separating him from the well-armed, determined human. Man and beast fell on the floor, after colliding in mid-air.

Fiercely they struggled. Normally, even a well-trained and well-armed human male wouldn't be much of a match against a determined Alpha Male Werewolf. However, Eric O'Malley was amped up. Adam was wounded, and his wounds slowed him down. He roared, aiming for Eric's throat. The human lashed out with a silvery Swiss Army knife and slammed the blade into the Werewolf's shoulder. A howl of pain escaped Adam's jaws. He doubled over in extreme pain. Laughing, Eric kicked him then went for his gun. This time, Adam lashed out. With a single swipe of his massive claws, he cut off Eric's right foot. Howling in pain, the human fell. Grievously, perhaps fatally wounded, Adam summoned the last of his strength and tried to bite the human's head off. This he would do for Rachel, whom he still loved in spite of her betrayal. Unfortunately, he found out that he couldn't. Too much silver in his system. Adam watched in amazement as his body reverted to merely human form. Eric stated at him in astonishment. Recognition filled his features. He stared at the tall young Black man who was the most recognized face in the world of Canadian University Football. The guy who was often compared to the greatest players in the Canadian Football League and the American-based based National Football League. Most of all he recognized Rachel's ex-boyfriend. In spite of having lost his foot, Eric had a lot of fighting in him. He laughed, and stared at his enemy with mockery and contempt.

Dying from his wounds, Adam Des-Bois looked up at his enemy. He knew he was too weak to morph into his Werewolf form. He could feel the silver eating through him. Werewolves could re-grow lost arms, legs, eyes and even more complex organs like the heart, as long as there was no silver involved. Adam knew he was about to die, and he had one question to ask his killer. Why did Eric O'Malley kill Rachel Adler? Eric looked at him. He hefted his hunting rifle from right hand to left hand. Adam vaguely wondered where Anneke Burkhard and the Enforcers were, then decided it didn't matter. They were too late anyway. Seemingly generous in victory, Eric answered his dying enemy's questions. He explained how he met Rachel Adler back in the City of Boston, when he was serving with the United States National Guard. They had a brief romance. Like many hot-blooded Irishmen living in New England, Eric liked minority women. Especially Black women. Especially sensual beauties like Rachel Adler. Things were going really well between them. Then he got sent to the Middle East. He came back to America, determined not to return to the Arab world. He sought refuge in Canada, and moved to Montreal. That's where he ran into Rachel Adler again. She'd transferred from Boston's Northeastern University to Montreal's very own McGill University. Sensing he was in luck, he renewed his romance with her. Rachel told him she was in love with him, and revealed her secret to him. Upon hearing that, Adam winced. Hearing the killer smugly state that Rachel considered him her true love hurt him more than the silver bullets and silver blade which ruined his superhuman flesh. Eric laughed as he explain how Rachel Adler revealed to him that she was a Werewolf. She thought he loved her, and would understand and accept her.

Eric shook his head, and spat in disgust. Adam flinched, wishing more than ever that he could transform and rip the insolent human's head off. But that was not to be. Eric continued with his spiel. He hid his alarm and disgust from Rachel, and through her he learned everything he could about Werewolves. Their hidden history, their migratory patterns, their weaknesses. Once he learned all that, he formed a plan of action. Eric was a killer through and true. That's what he excelled at. He'd been killing people long before he joined the American Armed Forces. And once he knew there were mythological monsters walking about in human form, he decided to make it his mission in life to eradicate them. Starting with Rachel and her female friend Monique. He'd been lucky, stalking several Werewolves which he identified and marked for destruction before the damn beasts got wind of his existence and changed their habits. It was as if someone in charge sounded the alarm, and the whole community of Werewolves went on high alert. Eric was forced to go on the offensive, and he made several mistakes. Which is how they tracked him down to this warehouse in Montreal-Nord, which he made his stronghold, his Bat Cave. He knew the Werewolves had the place surrounded. He probably wouldn't make it out alive. But he'd take this big Black Werewolf down with him. Funny how he got to slay both the naive Werewolf slut who fell in love with him and the Wolf-Man who loved her so much. Must be fate.

Eric O'Malley smiled, and pressed his gun against Adam Des-Bois forehead. Adam stared at him defiantly, and plunged the Swiss Army knife he'd yanked out of his shoulder into Eric' s groin area. Time to sing soprano, Adam thought. Eric howled, and moments later, fired blindly. Luckily Adam had already moved, and the bullets slammed into his shoulder and chest rather than his head. Moments later, the two combatants were joined by a newcomer. A massive Werewolf with fur of the purest White leapt between them. The White Werewolf clamped its jaws over Eric's head, and neatly yanked it off his shoulders. Adam watched the newcomer, amazed. In a flash, the White Werewolf began to morph. It became someone very familiar. Provincial policewoman Anneke Burkhard. With deep concern in her beautiful face, Anneke gathered the dying Adam into her arms. She kept telling him to hang on, that help was on the way. Adam looked at her and smiled sadly. He used what he thought was his last breath to thank her. Then he closed his eyes. His Rachel was avenged at last.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,138 Followers