Blind Borne

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry about that," Bellinda yanked her hand away. "Where's the protractor?"

The large workbench that they'd assembled in the studio was covered in papers and boards. Three stationary cups held an assortment of pens, pencils and other tools. Adrian searched under some unfinished blueprints and handed the tool to Bellinda, "Here you go." This was their third, full week together but there was still a ton of work ahead.

"Thanks but put the tools back where they're supposed to be." Bellinda snapped more at herself for getting caught up in all this. She knew working with Adrian would be tough but this was bordering on torture.

"Whoa, whoa, don't get all riled up." Adrian said without looking up from her work.

"Hey, I don't like having to look for my tools the second I need them. That may be how you work but I have my flow."

"Okay fine. Accept my apology." Adrian said by way of waving the redhead off.

"Why do you have to be so-"

"Linda! I'm sorry." Adrian jerked her head up to look at Bellinda, "Can we get back to work now?" 'This is gonna be harder than I imagined.' Adrian thought for a second and then ignored the whole incident and refocused on the foundation layout she was working on.

Not so for Bellinda. This was ten times more difficult than she imagined it would be. Sure, she could handle it but there were still so many things to get over. Proximity for one; being less than a foot away from Adrian bothered her. Adrian's scent and mannerisms brought back memories she thought she'd forgotten.

'How did I ever think this could work?' Bellinda shook her head and went back to the exterior she was sketching. She had about five or six templates that would allow her to mix and match different designs. 'I'm losing my sanity alright. Just as planned.' She thought again as she translated her ideas onto paper.

They'd spent almost a month together, but they were still going over the preliminary parts of the not-so-small project. They had about two square miles of land space to work with. The building in question would be separated into wings, towers and hives. All parts of it would have a uniformed look as a whole but would also be unique and relatively independent of the general structure. The fact that it was a research facility in the making didn't help matters. Adrian took personal charge of the hives and underground labyrinth. Bellinda was on the roll for the towers and some interior design.

According to Adrian, the wings weren't nearly as crucial as the towers. The towers, all three of them, had to be highly visible at a specific distance but wouldn't necessarily attain skyscraper status. There would be eight wings, four of which would be more lavish than the others. The underground network would be linked to the wings in ways that currently wasn't important. Those were the basic requirements. Everything else classified under accessories and therefore allowed creative flexibility for Bellinda.

Bellinda sighed as she marked off portions of the template she was working on. She outlined sections that she liked best and pushed it in Adrian's direction.

"What do think of this?"

"Towers?" Adrian replied as she examined the sketch.

"Yeah, they want something that says 'We're the future', right?" Bellinda said and pulled the template from Adrian. "I think this part over here says it loud and clear. Now if I add chunks from the other pieces, I think we'll have something tangible." Bellinda said and reached for the other sketches.

"Yes, I'm liking this piece but that one is . . . I dunno, seems impractical on a few levels." Adrian said as she looked over the three sketches Bellinda pulled out.

"Well, I am splurging on creativity here, but I see what you mean about this part. That's why it's not outlined in green."

"Oh, I see." Adrian nodded and fingered the lines, "Well then, it's all good from here."

Bellinda sighed and packed up the sketches into a portfolio. "How's the hive coming?"

"It's more like a maze now. Although I'm sure that's what they want; an underground maze." Adrian tucked her pencil behind her ear and leaned over her work.

"That's odd, isn't it?" Bellinda stopped what she was doing. "I mean, why would they need a maze?"

"Well, I guess it has to do with the type of business they conduct." Adrian said easily.

"And what kind of business, outside entertainment, requires a maze?"

"It's a research facility and I'm thinking they'll have something to hide at one point or another."

"Great that makes me feel better. I swear, the more I learn about this client of yours, the shadier this all seems."

"Then maybe you shouldn't pry as much." Adrian said and stood up, "I'm gonna grab a coffee since we're pulling a night shift."

"Says who?" Bellinda said with some amount of shock in her tone. "Excuse me but some of us actually have plans that don't involve shady clients."

"So we won't be working all night?" Adrian wore a wide grin.

"No, I mean, you could stay. I, on the other hand, need sleep." Bellinda rolled her eyes. She rolled them well enough to catch a glimpse of the clock hanging on the far wall. It was already after eight. "Look, I have a few ideas that need to bake in dreamland, so I say we pack up and get back on this tomorrow."

"Or next week. I've gotta fly tomorrow evening." Adrian scratched her head.

"Sure, we have a six-month schedule right? If things don't get done by then it's your ass, not mine." Bellinda smiled and went on packing her things.

Adrian just stood by the bench and eyed the redhead for a while. It would be a long and hectic six months, there was no doubt about that. She picked her jacket off the hook and slipped it on.

***********

End of Chapter 2