Blind Love Ch. 04

Story Info
Afternoon ride becomes something more.
2k words
4.5
17.2k
1
0

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 10/22/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I awoke, it was to piercing light, quickly following the opening of the heavy drapes. As I groggily opened my eyes, blinking to relieve the blurriness, Jane whirled past, pulling back the bed linens.

"Oh my dear, I should have come and readied you sooner," she said with an edge of panic to her voice.

"Your father has arrived early for breakfast this morn, mi lady. He is waiting in the sun room with a cup of tea."

With a sigh, I untangled my feet from the bedsheet and slid to the edge of the bed. It was astounding the way that my father's presence could affect the servants of the household. It never ceased to amaze me how he could so easily panic the entirety of my help.

Of course, growing up in the same manor as my father, I was well aware of what kind of person he could be. I also knew the fear that he could issue. When I was a young girl, my father wanted little to do with me. Only on Sundays, as we were presented to the masses, would he attend to us. At those times, no one would ever guess that he was less than the most perfect father in our home. Contrary to what one might believe, he was never one to strike us, my sister and I. Instead, he would use the very things that we held dear against us.

One winter day, when I was quite young, I made the mistake of falling asleep during mass and embarrassing my father. Later that evening, I found my favorite doll ripped to shreds lying on my bed. From that day on, I learned that my father could be very cruel when he was denied what he wanted. Most times though, he kept his true face guarded by a charming and gentle exterior. He honestly reminded me of the old story of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Odd as it was, father had been treating me quite well lately. Of course, that really only served to make me wary. I have come a long way in overlooking his past, though. After all, if it were not for him, I would have never met and married William.

I slipped from the bed and made my way over to the wash basin.

"Oh Jane, there is no need to fuss. Father will just have to wait. I'm sure that he is well aware that a lady needs more than a couple of minutes to ready herself."

I sat down at the vanity table and began brushing the tangles out of my hair. Meanwhile, Jane continued to whirl around the room, gathering my clothing and ribbons. After I had finished my toilet, Jane helped me dress in a simple wool dress of a soft grey color, trimmed in a broad blue ribbon. With my hair swept up on top of my head in a loose bun, tendrils tickling my neck, I was finally ready.

As I walked down the hall to the sun room, my mind drifted back to my ride the evening past. I quickly tried to pull my thoughts back to the present as I felt a flush heat my cheeks. I would have to remember to ask Jane how I found myself nestled in bed.


As I approached the small dining table, my father rose to greet me. He was dressed well and wore a half-smile upon his usually tight lips.

"Good morn, Morgane. I hope you slept well. Had I known that you were ill last evening, I would not have come so early this morning."

So, that was what Jane had told him. She was definitely a smart one. I would have to thank her as soon as we were alone.

"I am well, father. It is good to see you. Please sit down," I said, taking my seat. After we were comfortably nestled for our meal, I continued on.

"So, father, what brings you to visit? How are Lillian and her little ones? It has been so long since I have heard from her."

Setting down his tea cup, father looked over to me with an odd look of concern, something that I thought to never see on his face.

"Your sister is quite well, actually. Benjamin and Cass are doing incredibly well, growing like weeds. I am not concerned for them really, after all, Duncan will take good care of them. Your sister married very well.

Actually, Morgane, I came to inquire as to how you are managing. I know that it has been very difficult for you, dealing with William's death. From what I hear, things are not faring well for you in a business sense. I do not blame you at all, of course, it is a man's responsibility, not for gentlewomen. I was hoping that you might take me up on an offer of assistance. I would like to send one of my finest men over to look after you. Mr. Ashton is brilliant with the books and even more so with the workers of the field."

While my father was being nice, that is what worried me so. I had never known him to take such an active interest in my well-being. I hoped that maybe he had seen the error of his ways and wished to have a friend in me, but there was something in me that said otherwise.

"Father, it is so kind of you to care for me so, I appreciate your efforts. In all honesty, I am finally understanding how William ran things, and how to better our situation. While I thank you for your offer, I believe myself to be quite capable in handling my inheritance."

While a smile still graced his face, I could see my father's eyes alight with anger.

"Very well then, Morgane. You know that I only wish the best for you. If you should ever need anything, I am here. Now, if you will excuse me, I am needed back for an afternoon meeting."

With that, he arose and placed a light kiss upon my forehead, something that he had not done since I was a tiny child. He made his way from the room, declining the invitation for one of the servants to show him out. He had always been stubborn like that, but at least I knew where I had gotten the trait from, I thought ruefully.

One half of an hour later, I found myself walking toward the stables, a cold lunch in tow. When I stepped inside, I heard noise coming from the far stall and went over to investigate. Inside the stall was Mystic, the beautiful mare that had almost trampled me the night before. Bent over, carefully stroking Mystic's forelegs, was Aidan. I crossed my arms over the top plank of her stall wall and rested my chin upon them.

"How is she?"

While I had mischieviously hoped to startle him, Aidan simply straightened and looked me directly in the eyes. I knew then that I had failed, and that he knew of my presence all along.

"She is surprisingly well, mi lady," he said in a soft voice.

"After such a hard ride last eve, I wouldn't have thought that she would have faired as well as she has."

"Speaking of last eve, Aidan, what happened after our ride home?"

As he stepped closer to me, I lifted my head off of my arms. I could feel my ears enflamed with the brightest of red. My eyes raked over his body, taking in every detail, committing him to memory. His bright hair was disheveled and I yearned to run my fingers through it.

"Well, mi lady, nothing happened," he said as he ran his fingers across my brow, smoothing my errant curls.

"When we arrived, I carried you to your bedroom, with Jane's assistance of course. After that, I know nothing more. No matter how much I wished to have stayed with you, I did not."

At his last words, my face erupted in a brilliant blush. I lowered my eyes, feeling acutely awkward because my body had given away my feelings, something that seemed to be happening quite frequently in Aidan's presence.

He took a step closer and placed his lips to the lobe of my ear. His words were soft and warm, sending chills down my spine.

"Please do not be ashamed, Morgane..." he whispered, " I love you, and I believe you love me."

With that, he placed a soft kiss upon my lips. Wearing a sweet smile, he pulled away and stepped out of the stall.

"I believe that you and I have an errand to run this morn, shall we attend to it?"

Slipping my hand into his, Aidan led me down the corridor to a stall that held a percheron of unknown years. His coat was faded from long hours working in the sun, but his eyes were bright with affection. He wickered softly when he saw Aidan approach.

With deft hands and a mischievious smile, Aidan led him from his stall, carrying only a bridle. My question must have been blazing across my face, but all he did was place a finger across my lips to silence me. Entwining his fingers in the work horse's mane, he swung himself up onto the large mount. With a grin, he extended his hand to me. When I hesitated, he chided me lightly.

"Oh Morgane, live a little. You do not always have to be the proper lady. This is your home, and you should enjoy every freedom that it offers."

His excitement was contagious, and I soon found myself handing up our cold lunch to him in order to free both of my hands. Clumsily, I raised my skirts enough to place my foot atop of his as I reached for his hand, and the horse's back. Aidan helped a little more than I had anticipated, and I found myself precariously sliding off of the other side of our mount. With a laugh, Aidan settled me square. I quickly arranged my skirts, and I found that in order to ride bareback with Aidan, I was going to have to press my exposed legs into his. I felt almost like a fairy tale princess, with my skirt draped over my prince's steed. I wrapped my arms around Aidan's waist, and off we went.

While we trotted across the fields, I became aware of how beautiful the day was. Although there was still a bit of chill to the air, the sun was warm enough to stave off the worst of it. The trees were decked in brilliant colors of gold and red, spilling their bounty to the earth in shining clouds. I began to feel that little else could make this day any more magnificent. While we rode in silence, taking in the beauty around us, I could feel myself drawing closer to the man pressed to me. I snuggled my face into the back of his shoulders, breathing in the scent of him, and he used his left hand to lift my fingers to his lips for a tender kiss. I curled my fingers into a fist as they rested against his abdomen, sealing in the treasure that he had given me. Afer riding for about an hour, Aidan suddenly reined to a stop.

"Look," he whispered, "I think that might be Xavier."

He pointed to a small clearing in the trees, to a black figure. We continued walking slowly, and when we had gotten a little closer, we found that it was indeed my horse. Aidan quietly slipped from the percheron's back, leaving me alone. I slid forward and waited as he greeted Xavier, hoping that he wouldn't startle him. All went well, and soon Aidan was waving me over to him.

"I think this is our spot, mi lady. It looks as though Xavier has very good taste indeed. Why don't we stop here for a bit?"

A shiver ran down my spine when I looked into his eyes and delivered myself into his waiting arms.

...to be continued.