Blood and Ice Ch. 02

Story Info
The Plan.
7.4k words
4.6
20.8k
7
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 26 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 02/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Two: The Plan

"Help! Somebody help me please!"

I ran as fast as I could I could hear Michaels footsteps behind me. I tripped and fell on my face. As I went to get up a strong hand grabbed me and pulled me up. I knew it wasn't Michael as I had told him that under no circumstances was he to help me.

"What's this? Is Michael picking on servants now?" The person that helped me up stood in front of me. I heard swords being drawn.

Michael said, "That girl's mine, hand her over Gabriel!"

"Not a chance! Get out of here before I kill you!"

Michael responded, "This isn't over Gabriel!" I noticed Michael back up a bit after some guards arrived. Michael turned and left.

Gabriel said, "Now, let's gets you inside and warmed up. Then you can tell me what on earth has happened to you."

I just nodded. He put his arm around me and led me to the castle. As we entered he took me down to a small room. He told me to sit, and he handed me a warm mug of hot chocolate.

"Here! This should warm you up a little."

I said, "Thank you." I was very nervous and I think it showed.

"It's okay! You're safe now. No one will harm you,I promise. Tell me, how did you end up being chased by him?"

"I don't really remember much. I just remember someone attacking me on my way home from being at a friend's house. Then I was forced into being a servant. I saw a chance to get away and I took it! It's only thanks to you that I'm alive. Thank you!" I told him.

"You've had a rough time of it."

There was a knock at the door.

"Enter!" Gabriel said.

The door opened and a voice said "Gabriel, Jason was wondering....... Lex?"

I turned around. It was Jess! I couldn't believe I would find her here.

"You know this girl your highness?"

What?!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Yes she's my best friend, but she disappeared a few months ago after visiting my house. Her parents just told the police that she ran away. They never found her. She was presumed dead."

Thank heavens she just validated my story for me.

Gabriel asked, "What was Jason asking?"

Jess said, "He was wondering how long you'd be here. He needs you for something."

"Very well. Will you stay with, is it Lex?"

I nodded.

"I'll try not to be too long. Excuse me."

He got up and left the room. Jess sat down beside me.

"Are you okay Lex? You look like you've been through the wars."

"I'm okay now that I'm away from those people! How come you're here Jess?"

"It's crazy. You know that I lived with my father. It turned out that he wasn't my father. He was just my protector because it was too dangerous for me to live here. My father was killed two months ago."

"I'm so sorry Jess! How are you coping?" I asked.

"I'm dealing with it and Gabriel is a good help to me. He's saying that when I turn twenty I'll assume the throne, but until then I have to listen to what he says."

I put my arm round her and she burst into tears on my shoulder. "There, there its okay."

It took her a while to calm down.

"Anyway, enough about me. What happened to you?" she asked.

"That night I went to your house I was kidnapped and forced to work for them. It was either be a servant or be killed. It was a nightmare."

I didn't like lying to my best friend but it was necessary to keep my story up since she was too close to Gabriel.

"What did they make you do?" Jess asked.

"Mainly cleaning large floors and the occasional bedroom. They're a bunch of slobs." I said.

She laughed.

The door opened and Gabriel walked in. "My apologies ladies, urgent business! May I ask you a few questions Lex?"

I nodded.

"Can I stay Gabriel?" Jess asked.

"If you want to,you may."

"Now, Lex, first of all what's your full name?" Gabriel asked.

"Alexandria Orion." I said.

"Did you hear anything while you were there?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Did you hear anything about what their planning, or did anything strange happen when you were there?" he asked.

"There was one thing. Someone tried to kill there princess. I didn't see anything; I just heard the story from other servants who did see it. A man pushed her out of the window. I think his name was William. He pushed her out, but she survived the thirty foot drop." I said.

"Do you know what happened to William?" Gabriel asked.

"The last I heard was that he was arrested and awaiting execution."

Gabriel just nodded. "Unfortunately we can't really trust you yet, unless someone vouches for you." Gabriel said.

"I'll vouch for her. I'd trust her with my life." Jess said.

"Are you sure you want to vouch for her?"

"Yes and I want her on my personal council as an advisor!" Jess said.

Gabriel said, "Are you sure your highness?"

"I'm certain Gabriel!"

"Very well. I'll get a room organised for her. The ball is over so when we're finished here you should just retire to your room for the night."

Jess nodded.

"Follow me please."

We followed Gabriel out of the room and up a flight of stairs.

I noticed that Jess had a gorgeous evening gown. "Wow! Where did you get that gorgeous dress?"

"Oh this thing? I had it made for me." she said.

I felt awkward beside her in my torn black plain dress. I was taken up to the main hall. There were still some people left after the ball. Jess of course was getting all the attention. I was just getting funny looks. Jess explained who I was to a few people before we were led away out a side door and down a corridor. It was long and lined with candles that threw light onto the floor. It had a rich red carpet. I followed Gabriel and Jess. I couldn't remember the way we had come to get here, where ever that is. We were going up flights of stairs, through doors, down stairs, and along corridors. It was like trying to find your way through a maze.

Gabriel asked, "Jason is there a spare room any where?"

A voice answered. "I'm not to sure. There may be one near the princess's room and I know there's one near the dungeons. The one near the dungeons is pretty small but it's ready right now." the voice said.

"We'll take that one, for the time being anyway. Could you take Miss Orion down to that room please? I will escort the princess back to her room."

I bid Jess good night and she left with Gabriel. That left me with the young man who had been speaking with Gabriel. He looked to be in his mid twenties, quite tall with sparkling blue eyes and blonde hair that fell into his eyes.

"Follow me, please."

I nodded.

He went down the corridor and through a small door. The stairs behind the door were small and winding. I sensed that there was something different about this area of the castle. It got suddenly cold. The atmosphere changed completely. It went from slightly warm, inviting, and almost loving to cold, unwelcoming and cruel. I started to shiver.

The young man said, "It's quite cold down here. This is our dungeon. We keep our most dangerous criminals down here. Would you like a tour?" he asked.

"Yes, if you wouldn't mind taking the time. I heard Gabriel call you Jason, is that your name?"

"Yes, and you are?"

"Alexandria but my friends call me Lex." I said.

He smiled at me. We went into the dungeons. The floor was soaking with water. There was a long corridor with wooden doors. Each door had a small barred window. There was one cell at the end of the corridor.

"All these cells are occupied at the moment. Hopefully we won't need any more. These people in here are Lucifer's councilmen and Lucifer himself."

There was a stir from one of the cells. A voice said "Well, well who's this young beauty you've brought for us Jason?"

"No one that you'd be interested in Alexander."

I looked round and saw someone looking through the bars in the door.

"What do you want Alexander?" Jason asked.

"I just wanted to see this young beauty and I'm wondering why she's wearing a shadow raider servant's uniform?"

Jason turned to me. "Why are you wearing one Lex?" he asked.

I had to explain my story again to him.

"Nonsense! We would never kidnap a minor it's against our laws!"

My heart dropped. I thought for a moment my plan was going to fall to pieces before it got started.

"I wouldn't believe any thing that came out of your mouth Alexander nor anyone else before any of you say anything."

I was shaking from the fear that the plan would fail. Jason saw this.

"Oh Lex, am sorry for bringing you down here." he put his arm round me.

"Thanks! Tell me, who or what is behind that door?" I asked.

"Lucifer is behind there. There's always a guard there, or at least there's supposed to be. I think they're off for service at the ball. Come, I'll show you to your room."

We left. He never realised that he had just shown the wolf in sheep's clothing where the golden prize was. He took me to a room just beside the room ware my father was. The room wasn't as big as my own room at Eithidan. The bed was just a single bed with plain bed clothes on it.

"There's a change of clothes in the bathroom for you. I would recommend that you don't wear that dress in here, otherwise you may run into trouble." Jason said.

"Thank you. I just wore this because I had nothing else. I didn't mean to cause trouble." I said.

"I know Lex. I'm just offering advice. Anyway, good night Lex. Sleep well, and even though Lucifer isn't far away you're safe here. Sleep soundly Lex." he kissed the back of my hand and my cheek.

"Sleep well Jason."

he turned and left me alone in this strange place. I went to the bathroom. It had a simple sink, toilet, bathtub and a small mirror. There were two dresses hanging over the bath. One was a night dress. I took a quick wash and got changed. The dresses were pure white with gold round the waist. I got into my small bed and lay down to sleep; but that night I didn't really sleep that well because I kept thinking of what would happen if my true identity was found out. I kept tossing and turning. There was a knock on my door that woke me up. I got up and went to the door. It was Jason.

"Hey Lex, you hungry?"

"I'm starving! Come on in, just let me get changed. "

I went to the bathroom to change while Jason waited for me.

When I came out Jason said, "You look lovely Lex."

"Thanks Jason."

He put his arm round my waist and led me to the food hall. It was a very large room with a very large table in the middle. Jess was sitting at the head of the table in deep discussion with Gabriel. They both looked up when we came in.

"Lex!" Jess said running over to me. "Did you sleep well?"

"As well as can be. Its just very strange not getting ordered about all the time."

"Well, you'll have to take orders but not in the same way." Jason said

"I know that Jason, but I won't be forced to do things, or at least I hope not."

"No you won't. You have free will here but you will have to pull your weight" Jason said.

"Doing what exactly?"

"At the minute, the only thing we have for you to do is the cleaning of the cells." Gabriel said he came over from the table.

"But won't the prisoners escape?" I asked.

"They're chained to the inside of there cells. They have enough room to move about but they can't get away." Gabriel said.

"What do I have to do?"

"Just clean the cells, and there chamber pots it's a bit dirty but you'll only be doing it for a little while is that okay?" Gabriel said.

"That's okay, I don't mind." I said.

Jason said, "Let's eat!"

Jess, Jason, Gabriel and I went over to the table to eat. It was laden with lovely food. I ate a bowl a cereal. I went to pour my self some orange juice but Jason poured it for me.

"Thanks Jason!" I said.

He just smiled at me we chatted for a good while as we enjoyed are breakfast.

"Lex, regarding your work. It doesn't matter when you your job but I must insist that you carry out your duties once a day." Gabriel said.

"Wonderful! Do you prefer a particular time? I asked. Gabriel nodded no.

"I'll show you what you have to do Lex, okay?" Jason said.

"I'd like that Jason, thanks."

I had almost finished my breakfast when Jess said, "After your work, will you meet up with me Lex? We've a lot catching up to do."

"As long as that's okay with you Gabriel." I said.

"I see no problem with that."

Jason and I finished our breakfast and he took me back down to the cells. He handed me a set of keys and said "Be very careful with these. Do not lose them! They're the keys to the doors. Can we trust you with them?"

"Of course you can Jason." I said, taking the keys and thinking to my self "This is too easy." We walked over to the cell containing the man called Alexander.

Jason opened to door. It was very dark in the room. The only light was coming through the door.

"Ah! If it isn't the little slave girl from last night." Alexander said.

Jason ignored him and just said to me, "Just try and ignore them! All you have to do is take the chamber pot empty it, rinse it out and replace it. Occasionally you may have to give them meals if the kitchen staff are a little short or something like that. Any way, I don't mean to leave you but I have my own work, unfortunately. But I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay, I'll see you later. Who do I give the keys back to when I'm finished?" I asked. "When you're done, give them to Gabriel."

I nodded. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left.

I could hear Alexander moving about his chains were dragging along the floor. I looked out at the corridor. The only people about were the guards at my fathers door so I kept my voice down low when I talked to Alexander.

"I must thank you for almost blowing my cover last night Alexander." I said.

He whispered back, "What are you talking about slave?"

"I'm no slave! I'm Lucifer's daughter you twit. We're trying to get you lot out!" I said.

"How do I know your telling the truth? How do I know if this is some sort of trick?"

I thought for a moment then I remebered the book of my grandfathes that John showed just before I left.

"have you read out of the black book that my grandfather wrote?" I asked.

"How do you know about that book?"

"Because John showed it to me. That's why there's a passage that says that if all the royal family are killed when the final battle comes. The light raiders will win the battle but even if one survives they will lose the battle and be completely destroyed. That's why they want me and my mother dead!"

Alexander was taken back. I let him to think for a minute or two while I cleaned out his chamber pot and came back to his cell.

"You're really Lucifer's daughter?" I nodded.

"Your father's going to kill John and Michael for letting you do this. But I am glad to see you princess. You bring great joy to me that I haven't felt in years."

"You must pretend that I'm just a servant and that you don't know me apart from the fact that I clean your chamber pot okay?"

"Very well. I will do what you ask princess." he kissed my hand.

I could feel his beard on my hand. I left his cell, locked it, and cleaned the others. I didn't speak to anyone else because I would have been in hearing range of the guards. Then I came to my father's cell! I couldn't speak to him because a guard came in with me. I didn't really see him as he was sitting in the corner of the room so I just got on with it and left as quickly as possible.

I went back up to the food hall to find Gabriel, but he wasn't there. I asked one of the girls that were cleaning up if they knew where he was. They said that usually he would be in the council room, which was on the eighth floor. I thanked her and set off to try and find it.

I started on the main stairs. At the top the corridor branched off to the left and to the right. I went left not really knowing where I was going. At the end there was another staircase that went up to a long corridor. It wasn't a plush as the rest of the corridor. I heard voices coming from a door to my left it was slightly open. I could hear voices saying

"Why do we need to kill this girl? What did she do to us?" it was Jess.

"May I remind you that she's the reason your fathers dead!" it was Gabriel.

"I know but kill her? Is that really necessary?" Jess said.

"Yes it is, because if she still lives when the last battle comes we will all die." I heard Jason say.

"Do we know what she looks like yet lord?"

"Not yet! They seem to be keeping her identity secret, but they will have to reveal her soon. We think they may identify her at the sacrifice this month. We have people in place to deal with her if they do!" Gabriel said.

Then a voice said, "Have you had any word from William, my lord?"

Gabriel responded, "I have been told that he has been captured and may even be executed or so that girl Lex said."

The voice said "Is she that the girl that escaped the shadow raiders?"

Jess said, "Yes, and she's a very good friend of mine, regardless of what anyone else may say."

I was glad someone was sticking up for me.

"Listen! It's very suspicious that she turns up after being chased by a shadow raider! I've never heard of them kidnapping a minor. It's not their style. They're evil, but not that bad. Jason tells me that Alexander said that it's against their law." Gabriel said.

"Okay, you have a point. But there must be a test or something that will prove that she's not one of them!" Jess said.

"There is one thing. Take her down to the sacrifice room and give her wolf blood. If she spits it out I'll consider trusting her. If she doesn't she's leaving, is that clear?"

I heard people agreeing there was the scraping of chairs. I ran to the end of the corridor so it would look like I just got there. I saw the council coming out. Jason saw me, came over and gave me a hug. Jess and Gabriel came over.

"Here are the keys my lord." I said.

He just nodded.

"Unfortunately, Jess will not be able to join you today because she's very busy with engagements." Gabriel said.

"That's okay. There's plenty of time to catch up later."

Gabriel nodded and escorted Jess off somewhere.

"So, what do you want to do now that you're free for the rest of the day Lex?"

"I'd like maybe a tour of the grounds, if that's okay?"

"I was going to suggest that. Do have you a cloak?" I shook my head.

"Tell you what, you make your way down to the main hall and I'll get one for you okay?"

I nodded. We both went down to the main stairs. Jason went off to the right I went straight down and waited for him in the hall. I had a good idea how to get them to trust me, which was vital for my real plan to work. All I had to do was spit out the wolf's blood. My father wouldn't like me doing it but desperate times called for desperate measures. Jason appeared with a cloak in his arms.

"Here, I think it's your size."

I put it on. It was a little big, which was one of the problems with being so thin.

"Thanks Jason." The cloak was dark blue. Jason was wearing one of the same colour. We walked out into the courtyard. It was completely covered in snow He showed me the lake. There was a small forest, not the one that Michael and I hid in. Jason took me over to it. It looked very creepy. I mentioned this to Jason who just said

"It's okay. You're right, it is creepy and you'll see why in a minute just follow me please."

I didn't like it but I followed him. We came to a clearing in the middle of the forest. There was column lined path leading up to a large stone building. I suddenly got a bad pain in my stomach. I saw something flash in my mind as if there was a film reel going in my head I saw flaming torches lining the way to the building. There were people lining the path. At the building there were two figures. One holding a bundle of clothes in their arms. As I approached the figures I could see their faces. One was a man nearly six feet tall, with very dark hair and his eyes were black as night. The other figure was a woman. She was very beautiful; tall, thin and with dark hair. Her eyes were lighter than those of the man. Someone stepped out from the crowd. It was Alexander.

12