Blood and Ice Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do you mind if I join you?" he asked.

I was a little taken back so I just said, "No, I don't mind, my lord."

We walked out into the courtyard.

"Do you know that my brother thinks a lot of you, Lex? He doesn't stop going on about you and he was the main person that insisted on getting you away from the shadow raiders. Well, apart from Jess obviously," Gabriel said.

"I knew he had feelings for me but I never knew they were that strong, my lord."

We looked across the grounds and saw lights illuminating the trees in the distance. "I wondered how long it would be before they did a sacrifice. Obviously not very," he said.

"Why do they sacrifice?" I asked.

"We're not really sure. Some say it's to keep them selves alive. Did you know that they are immortal?"

I shook my head.

"A shadow raider can only be killed in battle. Some say that Lucifer can never be killed. We're not sure about his daughter yet. She certainly knows how to handle herself, we've learned that. After all, she's killed Jess's father and William. We fear that she's going to be like Lucifer. That's why we must dispose of her," he said.

"I heard something about if there's any royal blood at the time of the final battle that the shadow raiders will win. Is that right?" I asked.

"Yes, it is. Where did you hear that?" he asked.

"A servant told me. She didn't know if it was true or not but that's what she was told by a shadow raider."

"Well, it's true. That's why we knew Lucifer would escape. The battle hasn't happened yet. It will probably happen after Jess turns twenty. If the shadow raider princess comes of age we're all in big trouble," Gabriel said as we walked around the grounds.

"How come?" I asked.

"She's the one person that can kill Jess and myself."

"Why? What's so special about her?" I asked. I was curious but tried not to sound too interested. My father had never told me about this part of myself.

"You don't know?" I shook my head.

"It is said that if she comes of age she will have unlimited powers and be completely immortal. She will never be killed, even in battle. That's why we so desperately need her killed."

I thought if a brilliant idea. "My lord, the shadow raiders are doing a sacrifice at the minute, right?"

Gabriel nodded, "What's your point?"

"The princess has never been to one as they haven't had a table to do one properly, is that right?" I said hoping he would get my point.

"I still don't see what your getting at, Lex," he said.

How he got into his rank and position I'll never know, but it certainly wasn't by brains.

"They probably have the princess there with them at the sacrifice. Would that not be a good time to try and kill her?"

"You have a point, but I promised there'd be no light raiders on the site or they could kill us," he reminded me.

"But, you didn't promise there'd be no attacks!"

He thought it over for a moment.

"You have a good point there. Now, get inside and don't come out, please."

I wasn't going to argue. My idea may have been mad, but if this worked they'd have no reason to suspect me. That night I went to bed hoping that they would kill the "princess" of the shadow raiders and believe the battle to be over. Little did they know she was right under their noses.