Blood and Ice Ch. 04

Story Info
Old Friends New Enemies.
4.4k words
4.63
16.4k
5
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 26 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 02/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter four: old friends new enemies

I awoke to the sounds of people running up and down the corridors shouting to each other. It sounded like we were under attack. I got dressed quickly and ran up to the main hall and caught sight of Jason.

"Jason what's going on? Are we under attack?" he ran over to me.

"Gabriel took your advice. We managed to kill the shadow raider princess their trying to retaliate but its not working. They're beaten"

He threw his arms round me and gave me a big kiss. The shouting stopped as Gabriel appeared form outside.

"I'm glad you're here Lex we would like to see you in the council room when we get settled down. There are a few things we'd like to discuss with you." Gabriel said as he walked off.

"What does he want to talk to me about?" I asked Jason.

he just shrugged his shoulders

"He probably wants to thank you, don't worry about it. I'm sure that it's to thank you, since we killed the princess." Jason said .

I was stunned! I didn't know what to say. I felt bad for sending the poor girl to her death, but it was necessary.

"I can't believe that we're free; that we don't have to worry about the princess taking over or killing us!" Jason slid his arms down my back as he said this. "It means that we can have more time to spend on us." he said as he kissed me deeply.

I wish he wouldn't do that but I had little choice as I had to keep up appearances.

"You know that we can't do any more than that. Your brother would kill you if we did."

Jason laughed: "Yeah, he would. Any way, I wouldn't want to rush you. I just don't want to loose you." he kissed me on the cheek. "Let's go, Gabriel will want to see you now, anyway."

I nodded and I had knots in my stomach. I was terrified that they'd found me out. Jason held my hand all they way to the council room.

"Don't be so nervous, you'll be okay! You'll see." he said as he gave me a tight hug.

"Thanks Jason."

I walked into the council room. It was a large room with a long table filled with people. They were chatting between themselves. the talking stopped when I entered the room.

Gabriel spoke; "Ah! I'd like to introduce Alexandria Orion, the brains behind the operation so to speak. Please sit, Lex."

He pulled out the chair next to him. I sat down. I was shaking like a leaf.

Gabriel continued. "Any way; to last nights events. Last night I met up with miss Orion heading out for a walk. We got chatting and she came up with the idea of attacking the shadow raiders during the sacrifice. I accepted the idea and the plan worked! Their princess is now dead and we are now free of the shadow raiders as they are not now strong enough to even try to defeat us. It's all due to Miss Orion."

A man to Gabriel's left spoke.

"Tell me, miss Orion, how did you come up with the idea?"

"It just sort of came to me when we were talking about the shadow raiders. I just thought Gabriel would laugh it off. I didn't think he would actually go through with it."

"Well, it seems as if you have a good head on your shoulders. We could use you on this council, wouldn't you agree Gabriel?"

The man to Gabriel's left spoke up, "Yes I would agree Gareth she could make a valued member of this council."

I was in complete shock! I could not believe what I was hearing a member of their council suggesting that I should join them.

"Are you sure you want me on your council?"

Gabriel said, "I'm certain! Last night you earned the right to be here because your plan resulted in the death of our biggest enemy We owe you for that. Adding you to the council is the only way we can, rightly, show our appreciation. This would be the first time that a female was on our council, but it's a welcome first. Now, down to business. What's on the agenda today?"

The man called Gareth said, "The main thing, other than the death of the shadow raider princess, is that our princess' birthday, and her crowning are approaching. I can't think of anything else my lord."

They went round the table and asked everyone if they knew anything else that they needed to discuss. When it came to me I asked,

"Will the shadow raiders try and attack us?"

Gabriel said, "They may try something but they don't have the numbers to overthrow us. Don't worry, even if they did, we could overcome them now. We will be having a ball tonight, would you attend Lex?"

I nodded. I would have to ask Jess to get me a dress.

"Very well", Gabriel stated, "council is adjourned!"

Everyone got up and left.

"My lord, I just want to say thank you. I really appreciate what you've done for me."

"Its my pleasure, Lex." He smiled at me as I left the room. Jason was waiting for me. We linked arms.

"So tell me what happened Lex."

"Gabriel made me a member of the council." I said.

"He did what?"

"He made me a member of the council. I know why. I have trouble believing it too."

Jason's jaw hit the floor.

"Have you any idea just how long it takes to get on the council?"

I shook my head.

"my father tried, unsuccessfully, to get on the council for over thirty years. Mark my words, they thought long and hard about this. It's a great honour! Don't take this lightly."

I nodded.

"Let's eat, we need to feed you up a little, you look like you've been starved." Jason said.

I laughed. "Many have tried to remove my starved look and none have succeeded!"

Jason laughed, "Well I will try my best."

We went to the hall to eat. Jess was there.

"I heard the good news! Gabriel just told me. I'm so glad their giving you a chance. What are you wearing tonight? I have another dress being made for you, this time don't let Lucifer get a hold of it!" she laughed.

"Thanks Jess." I said.

Jason dragged me to the table and we ate our breakfast. I went up to Jess's room to get fitted for the dress. Then, I spent the rest of the day walking around talking to Jason. The only time I saw Jess was when I went to pick up my dress. It had been sent to her room. It was covered by a cloth so that Jason couldn't see it. I went back to my room to get ready. I hadn't seen my dress but when I took the cloth back my jaw dropped. It was gorgeous! It was white with a gold ribbon round the waist giving me hips. The dress went almost to the floor and showed my assets very well. I sprayed glitter in my hair, which I had put up with two strands of hair at either side of my face. I grabbed my shoes and rushed up to the hall. I was a little late. Jason was waiting for me.

"About time Lex, where...." he stopped in mid sentence when he saw me. "Lex you look amazing!"

I blushed. "Thanks Jason." He linked my arm and led me into the hall. I had never been in this room as it was only used for special occasions, such as balls. That night the room was filled with people I had never seen before.

A man spoke to Jason,

"Jason, who is this beauty? I've never seen her before."

"Father, this is Alexandria Orion a special friend of mine." Jason said.

The man, who had spoken, was a bit taller than Jason and a lot broader.

"I'm pleased to finally meet you." he took my hand and kissed it.

"I'm pleased to meet you too." I said.

I was very nervous. Jason introduced me to almost everyone in the room. After a while I just nodded in response to the greetings. The music started to play. It was a waltz. Everyone pared off. Jason put his left hand at my waist and took my left hand in his right hand. We started to dance round the room.

"You look so amazing tonight. I'm the luckiest man on this planet. The most beautiful girl in this room is dancing with me."

"Thanks Jason. You're looking very handsome."

The music stopped and Gabriel stood up and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, if I could have your attention for one moment please! I would just like say a few words before we're to drunk to remember."

Every one laughed.

"As you know, the shadow raider princess has been killed thanks to our newest member of the council miss Alexandria Orion. Lex could you come up here please?"

Before I could answer I was pushed forward on to the stage that I hadn't noticed until then.

"This is Alexandria. She's the person responsible for the death of our enemy's princess!"

Every one started to clap. I couldn't believe what was happening.

"Now, I invite you all to drink and be merry as this is a night for celebration!"

Everyone cheered, and Gabriel handed me a glass of champagne.

"You're not allowed to drink except during special events until you come of age. Enjoy this while you can!"

"Thank you my lord, I will." I went back to Jason and his father.

"You've made quite an impression on Gabriel, Alexandria." Jason's father said.

"Please just call me Lex."

The music started again but Jason and I stayed near the wall, drinking and getting merrier by the minute.

"Do you want to take a walk Lex?" he asked.

I said I did, so we went out to the grounds. We were laughing and joking and stumbling about everywhere. We hadn't realised that we'd stumbled onto the grounds of the shadow raiders.

"Lex were are we? I don't recognize this part" Jason said, slurring slightly.

I looked around. I recognized the grounds.

"Jason come on we have to get out of here before they appear." I said. I was starting to sober up.

"Who?" he said.

"The shadow raiders! We're in their territory."

"We're where?"

I could hear footsteps approaching.

"Jason get out of here!"

Jason started to walk away staggering. I went after him.

"And just where do you think your going?"

I turned around and yelled, "Jason run!"

He didn't need telling twice. He ran like hell stumbling as he went. I don't think that he even knew what was happening.

"Now if you'd like to come with me, miss Orion is it?" Damien said.

I acted up in case anyone was watching.

"What do you want?" I said.

"We want you! What else would we want? Let's go, Lucifer's waiting." he grabbed my arm with a little more force than usual. He led me into the sacrifice hall.

"Are we okay to talk freely Damien?" father asked.

"I think so, my lord. The guy that was with your daughter is gone."

father said, "Very well!" Turning to me he said, "How are you Alexandria? I've been worried about you. They killed your decoy."

"I'm fine father. I know about my decoy. Unfortunately it was my plan that led to her death. Because the plan worked they've put me on their council."

father asked, "Tell me Alexandria, do you have a mark on your arm?"

The question was a little weird. I pulled down the top of my dress and I noticed that I did have a mark on my arm.

"My god! You do have the mark."

"Why does that matter? What does it mean?"

"It means that you're the one that will decide the fate of the war. You are the most powerful one of us all." father said with a proud smile on his face.

"Is there a specific reason you've brought me here?" I said.

"Yes there is. You must be with us when you come of age. If you're not they will know that you're one of us and they will kill you! Also, have you found anything out yet?" he asked.

"Yes. You need to attack on the princess's birthday as all of the council will be there and they wont be armed. It's the same day as I come of age so you'll have to stage a kidnap."

father nodded and said, "Very well. Now we need to make it look like you escaped from us. I'm afraid I'll have to rip your dress slightly."

Jess was going to kill me. He drew his knife and ripped the sleeve of my dress. father grabbed me by the arm. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to hurt you a little."

He sliced a line down my face.

"Ouch, that hurt!" I said.

"I did warn you Alexandria." he dragged me out into the snow. I could see Gabriel and the council in the distance. Father dragged me over toward them.

"Lucifer let her go this instance we made a deal." Gabriel said.

father threw me at his feet and grabbed my hair.

"Do you even know who this is Gabriel?" father asked.

"What do you mean Lucifer?"

father burst into laughter.

"Who is she then? What's your fascination with her?"

"Have a look on her arm Gabriel." Gabriel looked and his jaw dropped.

"Is that who I think it is?" Gabriel asked.

"It is the one that will decide the final battle. You think we didn't know? We discovered her so we're keeping her and anyway your deal didn't say that we could kidnap her back." father said with an evil laugh.

"So what's your price this time Lucifer?" Gabriel asked.

"Hmmm, I'll have to think about this." my father said.

I looked at the way father had me. I was in perfect position to knock him off his feet so I swung my feet round and knocked my father clean off his feet. I got up and ran towards Gabriel. The council gathered round me. Gareth grabbed me and took me to the castle's main hall.

"What the hell happened?" he asked.

"I don't know. One minute Jason and I were laughing and joking the next were facing the shadow raiders." I said.

The rest of the council came running in. Gabriel said "Get the princess out of here! Lucifer's away to raise his minions."

Gareth nodded and left.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Can you use a sword?" Gabriel asked.

"I just know how to block that's all." Gabriel handed me a sword.

"Well do what you can and what you ever you do don't hesitate!" Gabriel said.

I nodded.

The hall doors had been sealed off and every one was armed waiting for what was coming. I found Jason's father. "Have you seen Jason?" I asked.

"No I haven't. He may be with the princess. Why are you here? And why are you armed?"

"Gabriel handed me a sword and told me to fight. You would need to ask him why." I said.

Jason's father grabbed my arm and took me over to Gabriel. "Why is she still here and armed?"

"She's still here because she's the one who will decide the final battle! We might need her here to fight and don't argue with me father." Jason's father just nodded and let go of me.

Gabriel called me over to him. "Do you know what were facing?"

"No my lord, I don't."

"We're going to be battling Lucifer's minions. They are the most foul creatures to walk this planet. It's going to take all of our strength to drive them off. They will come in a cloud of darkness. They will come fast and they will kill all in their path, so you must fight! If you don't, you will die! Do you understand?" I could do nothing but nod. I had to admit I was scared I had no idea father had that kind of creatures in his power.

The main door shuddered and there was a loud crashing sound. Everyone moved back a little bit. The door didn't hold for long. The door burst open. The only thing that I saw was a black cloud engulfing everything and everyone in its path. People were screaming in pain. "Men hold your positions!" Gabriel yelled.

I felt a twinge of pain and I saw what was about to happen. If I didn't do something. Every one would die. Gabriel's yelling brought me back to my senses. I saw Jason's father being attacked by something. I jumped to help him and for the first time I saw my fathers minions. They were the most foul things imaginable. Big tall black creatures with massive teeth and tentacles as long as I could see. They were everywhere, knocking people left and right. The one facing Jason's father moved in for the kill. I jumped in and rammed my blade rite into the creature. It screeched. I yanked my blade out of the creature and noticed that it was glowing pure white!

"What the hell?" Jason's father asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders the creatures had surrounded me and Jason's father.

"Any suggestions on how to get out of this?" I asked.

"Not a notion, you?" Jason's father said the creatures were coming in closer. I could her people on the other side trying to help us but I knew they wouldn't be able to do anything.

I don't remember much of what happened next, but what I do remember was having a strong desire to help my blade. It was glowing even more brightly, then the glow started to spread from the blade to me. I felt like I was going to burst. The next I remember was feeling like I was flying. I opened my eyes as I had them closed. I noticed that I was flying and I seemed to be emitting a glow from my body that was driving the creatures off. I pushed the light to my hands and pushed it out of my body it hit the creatures and they started to retreat. A light burst out of me and filled the hall driving the creatures out of the hall. I don't know what happened. I collapsed to the floor.

I don't know how long I was out for but when I woke up Gabriel was standing over me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You just saved all of our lives, that's what happened. You truly are the one of destiny. If it wasn't for you we would have all died, and that's for certain!"

I looked around for Jason. "where's Jason?"

"He's with the princess. They should be back soon. Thankfully we didn't have to many fatalities. We only lost two people and I must thank you personally for saving my father."

He smiled at me and helped me up. I was still a little shaky on my feet but Gabriel held me up. Gareth came running in. He looked around puzzled. "Have the beasts not attacked yet my lord?" he asked.

Gabriel said, "No, they've attacked and we've survived thanks to Miss Orion. She saved us all. We had only two fatalities."

Gareth looked stunned to say the least.

"We will explain all at council. Get the princess back here. It's safe now. We just need to pay Lucifer a little visit." Gabriel said.

Gareth nodded. Gabriel, the rest of the council, and I went outside. I was being held up by Gabriel.

Father was waiting for us at the edge of the castle grounds.

"Gabriel am surprised to see you alive" father said.

"Well I wouldn't have been had it not been for miss Orion here. I must thank you for giving us the girl" Gabriel said.

father looked at me and smirked. "Really? And what exactly did she do?" father asked.

"Come on now Lucifer, I'm not going to give our new secret weapon away now am I?" Gabriel said. "Let this be a warning to you Lucifer. Cross us again and you'll have miss Orion to deal with and even I wouldn't do that!"

Father just said, "We'll see Gabriel, we'll see." Gabriel turned and took me back to the castle. When I got back I was welcomed with a huge hug from Jason.

"Lex I'm so glad you're okay! I was so worried when I got told that you were fighting."

I tried telling him that I was okay, but I passed out in the middle of telling him. I went in and out of conciseness. When I awoke I was in Jason's bed. The entire council was around the bed. I sat up and Gareth said something to the guard.

Gareth asked, "Well, well how are we feeling?"

"I'm okay just a little tired. But thanks for asking."

Gabriel came in.

"Ah! you're awake. Good! There's a council in half an hour, could you please attend."

I nodded and the council left me to get dressed. I headed to the council room Jason caught up with me half way there.

"Lex how are you feeling?" He put his arm around me and kissed me on the cheek.

"I'm fine thanks Jason, how's Jess?" I asked.

"She's fine. A little shaken but none the worse."

Jason left me off at the council room with a kiss.

I entered the room and every one was waiting for me. I sat down next to Gareth. Gabriel stood up to address the council.

"As we know yesterday we were attacked by Lucifer's minions and miraculously we only lost two people thanks to Alexandria. She saved us all. I have a suggestion. I know its never happened before but I would like her to be trained as our general. I want her to lead our army."

The up roar that followed was unbelievable!

12