Blood and Ice Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Someone to my left said, "No way! She's a female. She wouldn't stand up to the pressure or the training."

Everyone was arguing with Gabriel about this.

I stood up. "My lord, with all due respect, I think that they are right. I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure. I'm grateful for the thought but I must respectfully decline your offer."

Then I sat down. Everyone stared at me.

Gabriel asked, "Are you sure Lex?"

"Even if I did it's very obvious that the council would object anyway." I said.

Gareth spoke. "I think she should be given a chance if she fails then don't give her the post at least put her through the training before you decide wither or not she can handle the pressure because for all you know she could handle it!"

Every one thought over what he said.

"Lex, if we were to give you a chance would you go through the training?" Gabriel asked me.

I nodded.

"It's decided then. She will go through the training. If she passed the trials will you agree to make her the new general?"

Every one nodded.

"Very well Lex. Please report to the training hall after breakfast."

I nodded, not knowing what I was getting myself into.

"Very well, council adjourned."

I got up and left. Jason was waiting for me. I told him what was happening. He almost collapsed.

"I can't believe that their allowing you to train as a general. Women aren't even allowed in the army!"

Jason and I rushed down to breakfast then back to my room where I found shorts and a strap top. I tied my hair back in a ponytail so it wouldn't get in my way. I came out and Jason said,

"Do think that's appropriate?"

I said "Yes it is, because I'm going to be training. It's so I can move more easily."

We went to the training hall. Gabriel was waiting for me.

"Lex pick a sword out from the ones on the wall and come and face me."

I looked along the wall. One sword caught my eye. It was quite long but the hilt was engraved with wolves. I picked it up.

"You like that one?" Gabriel asked.

"Yes, its gorgeous." I said.

"Well, that one belonged to Lucifer's wife. I think it would be a fitting sword to kill him with don't you?"

I nodded. "This was my mothers sword?" I thought to myself I couldn't believe that they had it.

"Very well. You may have that one. You must carry it at all times as you don't know when you could be attacked.

What have you done with a sword before? I presume you were taught something."

"I was just taught how to block that's all" I said.

Gabriel nodded and without warning he attacked me! I managed to block him just as if I was used to violent attacks. He was testing just how much I knew so I just let rip. I started to swing my sword into him. He, of course, blocked everything, but I knew he wouldn't expect my move. I circled him waiting for the perfect moment and it came. I swung my sword forward caught him at the hilt, twisted and pulled upwards wrenching the sword from his grasp and catching it.

"Well, well I'm surprised! I wasn't expecting that from a female where did you learn that?" Gabriel asked.

"One of Lucifer's councilmen. They made me learn because they thought that everyone should be able to defend themselves, even females." I said, handing back Gabriel's sword. "Well, I can see you being a very valuable member of this army. I hope you pass your training. It will begin at sunrise tomorrow. you will be treated like everyone else. The trainers will not make any exceptions. Okay?"

I nodded.

He told me what I had to do and where I had to be.

I left Gabriel and went back to my room to prepare for what lay ahead. Little did I know I was heading from the frying pan to the fire and Jess's birthday was getting closer. Little did they know that they were preparing me for the day that I would reveal who I really was.

12