Blood and Ice Ch. 11

Story Info
The shadow.
6.1k words
4.68
13.1k
3
Story does not have any tags

Part 11 of the 26 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 02/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter eleven: The Shadow

In the morning I went to find my father, to tell him that we'd set a date for the wedding. I went to his room but he wasn't there. As I came out of father's room I met Alexander,

"Alexander have you seen my father?"

"The last place I saw him was down in the training hall."

"Thanks Alexander."

I headed down to the training hall. Lauren was coming out of the food hall. "Hey Lauren, have you seen my father?"

"Yeah, he's down in the training hall."

"Do you want to come with me?"

"Sure, I haven't been to the training hall yet."

We headed down to the training hall. I found my father in a sword fight with Michael. Father won of course.

"Tell me Lauren, how well can you handle a sword?"

"Well enough to fight."

"Father why don't you test Lauren."

"Very well, come at me Lauren."

She drew her sword and tried to attack my father. He easily side stepped her and threw her to the floor.

"Your training is very weak. You will need to improve if you want to be one of us."

Lauren's face glowed with embarrassment.

"Lauren why don't you let me show you how it's done. Then I want you to go back home and get more recruits for the final battle."

Lauren nodded.

I then drew my sword and faced my father. We clashed swords as a salute father then tried his usual skull cracker on me but I easily blocked it. I slid my sword up his sword and twisted it. I heard a yell from my father. I threw his sword up, caught it, and I tripped my father up so he was on his knees. Then pressed both swords to his throat.

"That is how we do things in this clan.", I said, handing father his sword back.

Lauren was stunned.

"Where did you learn that?", she asked me.

" I've often asked her that question too.", father said.

"I didn't learn it anywhere, I can just do it.", I said.

Father stood up "Now do you have reason for being in here or are you just in here to kick my ass?", father said with a smile.

"Peter and I have settled on a date for the wedding. thirty first of october"

"Excellent! Glad to hear it."

"But now that you mention it father, I could use a work out. I'll go and change and be back to kick your ass again.", I said as I left the training hall.

When I came back ,after having changed into shorts and a t-shirt, I strapped my grandfathers sword to my waist. Father was chatting to one of the council members.

"Now Alexandria, prepare to loose!"

"Who said I'm going to loose?"

"I do."

I laughed, "Father, you haven't been able to beat me yet what makes you think that you will this time?"

Father came at me again only this time he came a lot more violently than usual. He was obviously trying to prove a point. He lunged at me with his sword but no matter what he did I easily avoided it. I could see the anger building up in him now.

"What's the matter? Running out of steam?"

My father was puffing and panting. "If you were not my daughter I would have killed you by now mark my words.", he said through clenched teeth.

"Come on then, show me what you've got!"

That really got my father going. If there's one thing my father can't stand, its been made fun of. He lunged at me with strength and violence I never thought I'd see in my father. He grabbed my arm and went to throw me to the wall. But, something in me that day told me to push against him with all I could. The next thing I knew father was thrown to the far wall of the training room and there was a black glow around my hands.

"Lex! How did you do that?", Peter asked.

"Do what?"

"Can't you see Lex?", Peter said.

"Of course I can see Peter but I don't know what you're talking about."

"You threw your father to the other side of the hall with some sort of shadow came from your hands.", Lauren said.

Alexander went down to see if my father was okay. He came back carrying my father. Father's head rolled to one side.

"Is he okay Alexander?"

"He's fine you just knocked him out. He's going to be pissed when he wakes up!" ,Alexander said.

"I will deal with him. I think you should get him up to bed. Please let me know when he wakes." Peter helped Alexander take my father up to his room. Lauren and I went to the food hall.

"How did you do that?", she asked me.

"I honestly don't know, it just happened.", I said.

We stayed in the food hall chatting until Alexander came in to tell me that father had woken up.

"He's really pissed so be careful.", he said.

I nodded I went to my fathers room and knocked on the door.

"Enter!", father said.

I opened the door "you wanted to see me father?"

"Close the door and come over here."

He wasn't happy, I could tell from his tone.

"Alexandria do you know how long I've been fighting for this clan?"

I shook my head.

"Nearly fifty years! Do you no how many times I've been knocked out?"

He was looking out the window when he was talking to me.

"Never father, I don't believe anyone could ever knock you out.", I said.

"You would have been right if we hadn't duelled this morning. I have never been knocked out before, but today was my own fault. I underestimated you. I will never make that mistake again.", he said.

He turned to face me. "Do you know what happened today?"

I shook my head.

"You tapped into your powers for the first time. It won't be long before you will fully receive your powers!", father explained.

"Powers?" I asked.

"Yes every member of the royal family has had powers, weather they choose to use them or not. Most members choose not to use them. Soon it will be up to you if you want to use them or not."

Father walked over and stood beside me.

"When will I get them?"

"I don't know. Usually when you need them the most, they will come to you." father said.

"You're not angry that I knocked you out?"

"If it was anyone else I would have killed them without a thought but you're my daughter and I would never harm you.", he smiled at me. "Off you go, and behave your self!" he said with a wink.

I smiled at him, kissed him on the cheek and went back down to the food hall.

"How was he?", Alexander asked me.

"He's okay, just a little shocked that's all."

"Thank heavens, I was thinking that I would have to take you back to your room unconscious as well.", he laughed.

"Alexander where is James and Sarah?"

"They went back home when you sent the letter to Lauren." he said.

"Will they be safe?"

"Yes. There is no danger to them since they're not members of the clan; blood wise I mean."

I nodded and turned to Lauren.

"I would appreciate it if you would go back today and try an get more people. Is that okay with you?" I said, as Lauren handed me a goblet of blood. When she did she touched my hand.

As she touched my hand I felt a twinge in my stomach, another vision was happening.

We were in a large circular room with a platform in the middle. On the platform was a large pentagram. There were torches lining the room.

"Ah I'm glad you could make it. Now men!" someone shouted. I was grabbed from behind.

"Get off me you son of a bitch." I shouted .

"Now, now do you shadow raiders not have any manners?" a voice said. I recognised the voice as Gabriel's.

"Bring her here!" The person that was holding me dragged me over to Gabriel. "Now you will either open the shadow or you're boyfriend and father will die! Men!" he said. I was spun around. Father and Peter had knifes at their throats.

"Alexandria don't do what they say! They'll kill us anyway!" father shouted.

"Well princess what's it going to be?" Gabriel asked.

"Look, I don't know how to open it!"

"Well you're in luck. I do!", said Gabriel.

He took my hand, sliced my palm with his knife, dragged me on to the platform, and smeared my blood over the centre of the pentagram. Black smoke started to rise from the pentagram. Father started to scream as did the rest of the council. Gabriel grabbed me and said, "Have a nice life in hell." He pushed me into the smoke. The last thing I heard before I was shaken out of the vision was Peter screaming at the top of his lungs,

"Alexandria are you okay?"

I was lying on the floor of the food hall. Alexander had obviously gotten my father. Everyone was staring at me.

"What happened?", I asked groggily.

"You collapsed and started to have a fit.", Lauren said.

"Where's Peter?", I asked.

"I'm here Lex."

I grabbed Peter, "Are you okay?", I asked him.

"I'm fine Lex.", he said as he hugged me.

"What happened Alexandria?" father asked after I released Peter.

"I had a vision. Can I talk to you in private father?"

He nodded. Peter lifted me and followed my father to his room. Peter laid me down on father's bed.

"Peter will you bring up blood for Alexandria?" father said.

"Yes my lord, I will" Peter gave me a kiss and left.

I sat up in my father's bed. He sat down beside me.

"Alexandria, what did you see?"

I told him what I saw.

"Are you sure that it was a shadow you saw Alexandria?" father asked.

"I'm certain father! What is it?", I asked. Before father answered me Peter came in with a goblet of blood and handed it to me.

"Thanks Peter." I said.

"Peter will you get the council together please?" father said. "Yes, my lord."

Peter gave me a kiss before leaving.

Father said, "The shadow is the only thing that can kill a shadow raider. It killed your great grandfather."

"But what is the shadow?"

"It's the most powerful force that we know of If it enters you it corrupts you, drives you insane, and finally killing you through madness. No one has ever been able to harness the power. Many have tried but all have failed. Because of this there was a law passed forbidding the release of the shadow. It's too dangerous to be loose."

"How do you release it father?"

"With a drop of royal blood. You are the only one on ether side with royal blood."

There was a knock at the door.

"Sorry to interrupt, my lord, but the council is waiting for you" Peter said.

"Very well, I'm on my way." father said.

he turned to me

"I'm not letting you out of my sight! Come." father said.

I followed him. Peter was waiting out side for us. He linked my arm and whispered in my ear, "Are you all right Lex?"

I nodded.

When we got to the council room every one was waiting for us. I sat next to my father.

"My daughter has had a vision. The light raiders are going after the shadow, but they need my daughters blood to get it, as she's the only one on either side with royal blood. As you can imagine, the security surrounding my daughter will increase as will the castle security any questions?"

Michael spoke up, "Do we know when they will attack?"

"No we don't. We just know that they will." father said, everyone nodded.

"Peter, Damien, I want you two to stay with my daughter at all times. Do not leave her alone!" father said.

"We won't my lord."

Father called and end to the council. Peter linked my arm. I had Peter on one side and Damien on the other.

"What do you want to do Lex?", Peter asked.

"Can we go out, I need some air.", they both nodded.

I went to my room to get a cloak. Peter and I met Damien in the entrance hall.

"Do you have a sword with you Lex?" Damien asked. "Yes I do Damien." We went out side and started to walk around the grounds of the castle. Peter had his arm around me and Damien was on the other side of Peter. As we got to the lake it started to snow. Peter kissed me. I got a quick flash of a vision. It was Gabriel, he was in the sacrifice hall.

"Lex what's wrong?", Peter asked.

"It's Gabriel. He's in the sacrifice hall!"

"Are you sure?", Damien asked.

"Yes of course I am!"

"Damien you take Lex back to the castle. Inform your father I'm going to check it out. I'll report back soon.", Peter said. He was away before I could argue. Damien rushed me back to the castle. I ran up to my fathers room and knocked on the door.

"Enter"

I ran in. "Father, I had another vision. Gabriel's in the sacrifice hall! Peter's gone to check it out, but I think there going to attack soon."

"Very well. I want you to stay in this room with Damien. I will lock the door. Do not leave until I come back!", father said. He called Damien in and told him the same thing.

Father left, closed the door, and I heard the door lock.

"Do you think we'll be okay in here?", I asked Damien.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine Lex."

I went to the window and saw my father and a few council men head towards the sacrifice hall. Damien came behind me and gave me a hug.

"I thought we had immunity from them."

"They have no honour. They never keep there word. Don't worry, Peter will be fine." Damien said.

There was a knock at the door. Damien shouted, "Who is it?"

"It's Alexander, where's lord Lucifer?"

"He has business to take care of, can we help?" Damien said. "it just I haven't seen the princess in a while have you seen her?" Alexander shouted.

"I'm in here Alexander." I said.

"Right, I'm coming in!" Alexander said.

I heard a key in the lock and the door open; Alexander came in.

"You'd better lock it again. If Lucifer thought I opened it he would kill me.", Damien said.

Alexander nodded. He re-locked the door again and came over to us standing at the window.

"What's going on?", he asked.

"Gabriel's in the sacrifice hall. Father has gone to check it out."

"Are you armed?", he asked me. I nodded.

"Very well, if we're attacked I know a way out that we can use", Alexander said. Damien nodded.

There was a huge explosion. Father and the rest of the council came running from the sacrifice hall. Peter wasn't far behind them. Gabriel and the light raiders came running after them. Father and the council made it into the castle, Peter just made it.

"Damien go down and see if they need help. I will stay here with the princess" Alexander said.

Damien nodded and left.

"Get ready in case we need to leave quickly." Alexander said. I could hear a lot of shouting coming from down below. The door opened and my father came in followed by Peter. Father gave me a hug.

"Are you okay father?" I asked.

"I'm fine Alexandria, are you okay?", I nodded. Peter came over and kissed me.

"You were right, the light raiders were there; but they weren't expecting us. We caught them off guard. It won't be long before they attack us again!", father said.

"Were there many, my lord?" Alexander asked.

"There were enough of them. Now, let's eat. We may not have another chance to eat for a while.", father said.

Father walked me down to the food hall. I sat down next to my father and helped my self to food. Just as we were finishing the lights went out in the hall there was a loud explosion from above us and we were showered in glass. Peter had grabbed me and pulled me under the table for protection. When we resurfaced, Gabriel and his men had surrounded us.

"You can do this the easy way or the hard way Lucifer.", Gabriel said.

"Gabriel, you're out numbered. We could easily defeat you.". father said.

"You can release the shadow or I will, your choice!" Gabriel said.

"I will never release the shadow!" father said.

"Very well, we'll do this the hard way! Grab him, men!", Gabriel said.

His men ran forward and grabbed Alexander before anyone could help him.

"Let him go you son of a bitch!", father screamed at him.

Gabriel said, "Now, now there's no need for swearing, and I'm not letting him go until you give me what I want."

Father shook his head. "Never!" he said.

Gabriel said, "Very well, follow me men."

Gabriel and his men left the room.

"Father, their going to release the shadow. We need to stop them!"

"I know Alexandria, but you're not coming with us."

"If I run they'll catch me in a second! I'm better off here. At least I can defend my self." I said.

"Very well, Peter stay close to her and don't let her out of your sight!"

Peter nodded and father led the way. I was behind him with Peter at my side. I didn't know where we were going, I had never been in this part of the castle. We kept on going down stairs. Peter must have sensed my nerves as he whispered, "It's okay, the shadow is at the very bottom of the castle!"

I nodded and I whispered back.

"I just want you to know that if anything dose happen to me I love you Peter!"

"I love you to Lex. Don't worry, I'm not going to let anything happen to you, I promise." Father stopped at a door which was already open. We all filled in. Gabriel was standing on a platform.

"Ah, I'm glad you made it. I was beginning to worry." he said.

"Where is Alexander?" father asked.

"He's around, don't worry." Torches round the room lit up. "Now men!" Gabriel shouted. I was grabbed from behind.

"Get off me, you son of a bitch!" I shouted. They dragged me to Gabriel on the platform.

"Now, now don't you shadow raiders have any manners?" Gabriel asked.

"Why should I waste them on pigs like you?", I asked him.

"Now, open the shadow little princess or your father and boyfriend will be killed." I was spun round to see that the people holding my father and Peter with knifes held to there throats.

"Alexandria don't open it they will kill us any way." father shouted.

"Look Gabriel, I don't know how to open it."

"Well you're in luck, I do!"

He grabbed my hand. The person that was holding me let me go. Gabriel took out a small dagger I tried to get away from him, but he held me there he cut my hand and smeared my blood over the platform. I noticed that this was the platform from my vision. He spilled my blood over the pentagram. A black smoke started to appear from the centre he took his sword out and slashed me across the stomach. Blood splattered on to the platform.

"Have a nice life in hell", he said. Before throwing me into the shadow.

Peter and my father were screaming along with the rest of the council. I fell face first onto the platform the shadow faced me. I stood up to face it; accepting my fate. The shadow was about to enter my body through the wound Gabriel gave me but it didn't! Father and the council stopped shouting.

Gabriel started to shout ,"What the hell is going on?"

The shadow faced me then surrounded me, It healed my wounds then circled my body. I heard a voice in my ear,

"You can control me! Take hold of your destiny, show them who is most powerful." It started to snake around my body I took my cloak off the shadow was like a warm bath the shadow finally entered my body.

"How come you're still alive?" Gabriel asked.

"Let me show you Gabriel." I said.

I thrust my hands forward and Gabriel went flying for the back of the room.

"Now release everyone or I will kill you!" I said.

Gabriel started to panic!

Father, Peter and the rest of the council were released.

"Where is Alexander?", I asked.

Gabriel didn't say anything. I lifted him up and started to cut off his airway.

"Tell me or I will kill you!"

Gabriel shook his head.

Andrew spoke up, "He's in the dungeons, now release my son.", I nodded.

I threw Gabriel he landed with a thud, he was unconscious.

"You have one hour to get out of our land or we will come after you.", I said.

They nodded, picked up Gabriel, and left. I felt the shadow leave my body. It felt like a part of me was leaving too. The last thing I remember before passing out was a voice saying, "You're the one I've been waiting for."

When I awoke I was in my fathers bed. I could hear people moving about in the room. When I sat up Peter almost smothered me.

"Oh Lex, thank heavens you're okay. We were so scared that the shadow would kill you!"

12