Blood and Ice Ch. 21

Story Info
The white cathedral.
4.3k words
4.69
11.8k
3

Part 21 of the 26 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 02/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Twenty One: The White Cathedral

When I woke up flash was sleeping on my head and nearly suffocating me. I pushed her off and went to the bathroom. I noticed my wings had grown slightly. When I went to the bedroom mother and father were still sleeping but I could hear a whisper. It was so faint I could just barely hear it. The door that went to the roof was open. Curious, I went up to the roof.

I hadn't been up there since I killed Jess. When I got to the top the whispering got louder. I looked over the ledge. The lake had thawed completely and spring was in the air. I could smell it. The grass was starting to bloom.

I had a flash back to the night I killed Jess. I wish I hadn't needed to since she was the best friend anyone could ever ask for. I shed a tear thinking back on everything that had happened in such a short space of time.

I stood on the edge of the balcony. The water was glistening in the morning sun like fairy lights over a bed of silk. I could hear the whisper again. "Jump into the water." it said.

I could hear footsteps behind me. I turned and saw that it was mother. "Alexandria what are you doing?"

When she shouted this I lost my footing and slipped from the balcony. I felt the rush of air and the splash of water. I sunk deep into the cool pool of silk it wrapped around my body and in through my mouth.

For a few seconds I couldn't breath. I thought I would drown but when it went into my lungs I could breath and I could see through the water as if it was glass. The water pushed me up and out of the lake. I could feel the water below me. It placed me on the ground. Father and mother were on the grounds watching me.

I pulled the water around my body. It was as if I could tell the water what to do. I raised the water up and back into the lake with a gigantic splash and soaked everyone within a three meter radius; which of course included my mother and father. I turned around they both looked like drowned rats. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Wet much?" I said.

Father was lost for words. When he found his voice his first words were; "How did you do that?"

"I don't know, it just happened."

"No angle has ever had power over water. If anything water is a weakness for us."

"What element is it normally father?"

"Usually air."

"Strange, I thought mine was fire." I said

"Fire?!" mother said.

I nodded, found the fire in me and brought it to the surface and let it sit in my hands.

"When did you get that?" father asked.

"Remember when you came after me when I ran away from grandfathers and I walked into the lake of fire? It entered me and I've been able to conjure it ever since."

Father looked astounded, to say the least.

Father said, "Come! Let's get something to eat before today's flying lesson."

I nodded and followed father and mother into the castle and to the food hall where Peter and flash were waiting for me. Flash bounded over nearly knocking me over. I sat next to Peter and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

When I did he pulled me into him and gave me a deep kiss with him sliding his hands down my body. He then whispered into my ear, "I missed you last night. I want you so much Lex! I can't wait until were married. Then I can have you every night!" When he went back to kissing me again I felt a twinge in my stomach.

This time we were in the white cathedral, fighting! I saw Gabriel swoop down and plunge a sword right through peters heart. I screamed. I must have screamed out loud as well as it brought me back to the hall.

I could feel the vomit coming up my throat. I ran as fast as I could back to my parents room I locked the bathroom door and vomited over and over again.

I could hear my father knocking on the door.

"Alexandria are you okay?" he asked.

"No! Where is Peter?"

"Down in the food hall. I told him to stay there."

I took a drink of water then opened the door.

"I had a vision. It wasn't good!"

I started to cry. Father pulled me into his arms.

"Shh, it's okay. Whatever it is, we will stop it!" he said as he sat me down on the bed. "What did you see? I need to know."

"We were in the white cathedral and Gabriel swooped down and stabbed Peter through the heart and killed him."

Father went white. "Are you sure?"

"Positive father. We can't let Peter come with us. He must stay here. Please father, can you stop him from coming?"

"There is only one way to completely stop him from coming with us; but your not going to like it In fact, neither will Michael!"

"Father whatever it is please do it. I can't bear to loose him. I love him father." I started to cry again.

Father nodded. "Very well I'm only doing this to protect him. You must understand that Alexandria." father said.

"I do father."

"Okay, come with me."

We went back down to the food hall. Peter stood up and went to rush over to me but father stopped him.

"Lex are you okay? What's going on?" he asked.

I didn't say anything.

"Guards!" father shouted and pointed to Peter the guards surrounded him.

"Lex what's happing?" Peter asked me.

I could bring my self to say anything. Father nodded and the guards handcuffed Peter.

"My lord, what is going on?" Michael asked.

"I will explain later Michael." father said and then continued, "Take him down to the dungeons chain him to the wall and two guards at his cell. He is not to be released until I say so. Am I clear?"

"My lord, please I beg you, what have I done? I have been a faithful servant. Never have I crossed you and I love your daughter more than anything. Please don't take her away from me." Peter said.

"It is because you love her that I am doing this. I will explain this to you when it's all over. Take him away."

The guards dragged him away to the dungeons. I wanted to scream at my father to let him go but I knew why he done it, but I cried none the less.

"I want you all in the council hall to explain this now!"

I held back to cuddle flash. Father told me to be in the council hall in ten minutes. When I was cuddling her Michael knelt in front of me.

"Your highness please I beg you, get your father to release Peter. I know you love him. What did he do, or was he going to going to do?"

"It will be explained at council." I said as I got up and headed to the council hall with Michael right behind me. I sat next to father.

"I suppose you're all wondering why I had Peter arrested."

Everyone nodded.

"What did he do or had planned to do, my lord?" Michael asked.

"The reason I had him locked up is because Alexandria had a vision that he would be killed and you all know how much they love each other. I had him arrested to protect him, because if I just told him not come with us he would still find a way to come with us because Alexandria would be coming with us. I couldn't bear to watch Alexandria loose him." father said.

Michael looked at me. "Did you really see him die?"

I nodded. "Yes, that's why I asked father to do what he could to protect him."

"Will his position in this council be lost?" Michael asked.

"No! Certainly not, as he has done no wrong. I'm just doing this to protect him. But, no one can have any contact apart from the guards. He mustn't know until the fight is over." father said.

Everyone nodded.

"Very well, this council is dismissed."

I waited with him until everyone left.

"Alexandria, I know it was extreme but I had no choice.", father said.

"Father it's okay. I understand I would rather have him locked up and safe than be killed. I just hope Michael understands."

"He will. I know he won't disobey me. Would you like to go for a fly?"

"Thanks father, but I'm not in the mood. Remember to tell the guards that no one is to see him, but that he is to be treated with care."

Father nodded and left the council hall leaving me on my own. I felt so empty without Peter. I went out for a walk in the grounds. Flash met me outside and was running around my feet. I was hoping that this would all be over soon so that I could get back with Peter.

I was joined by Damien.

"I heard what happened. Peter will understand when it's all explained to him, as long as you still love him."

"Of course I still love him! That's why I'm doing this. I just wish there was another way to protect him."

"I know Lex, but he's safe now."

Damien and I talked all day in the grounds until the sunset. He reassured me that Peter would be okay with this when it was all explained to him. I certainly hoped so since I loved him more than words could describe.

When I got back to the castle father ushered me into first to the food hall then to bed as it was getting late and he wanted me to continue flight training on the marrow.

I went to bed with a very heavy heart, hating myself for doing this to Peter. Father woke me the next morning, told me to get washed and changed and to go to the balcony.

Mother was still asleep in the bed when I went to the balcony. Father was standing there with his wings fully spread. They were massive when fully open. I felt so small next to him as mine had only grown in length and had turned slightly grey.

Father turned to me. "Don't worry. They will go black." he said giving me a hug.

"Put Peter out of your mind for now. You need a clear mind to do the task you must do."

I nodded. Father jumped and was in the air. I spread my wings and jumped. With a few beats of my wings I was in the air beside him. We spent the day flying and sword fighting. I was starting to get the hang of the landing.

Mother called us in for food and rest. The next week followed the same pattern. Flight and fight practice. It was on the 9th day that something weird happen. My wings had only grown in length but not changed colour. When I landed next to father I folded my wings in and they disappeared!

"Father, were did my wings go?" I asked starting to panic.

"It's okay. You've just tucked them in. Its how we disguise our true nature." father said.

I nodded and went inside with father. Father called a council meeting. At the meeting, Father announced, "I have good news. We will be leaving in the morning as my daughter can now tuck in her wings. We are headed north."

With that, everyone started to prepare for our trek.

"Alexandria, come with me." father said. He took me to his bedroom where mother was sitting on the bed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Everything is fine. We just want to spend time with you before you go with your father." mother said.

I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I had new armour made for you to allow for you wings." father said.

"Thank you father. What time will we leave?"

"Daybreak; so go and get washed and ready for bed. You will need you rest." mother said.

I nodded and went to the bathroom. I overheard my mother and father talking.

"Lucifer, I'm scared. What happens if you or Alexandria don't come back? I couldn't deal with it!"

"Look! We will be coming back, that I can assure you. I will never let anything happen to Alexandria."

I went out into the room. Father was comforting mother. "Fathers right. The only one who will be dying is Gabriel. I will make sure of it mother Maybe after he's finally gone you could help me with organising my wedding." I said knowing that it would cheer her up.

"You want me to help you?"

"Of course I do mother."

This seemed to cheer her up.

"How's Peter father? Have you been down to see him?"

"I have been down to the guards and his cell but not spoken to him. They said that he's okay. They're looking after him, don't worry."

"Let's get some sleep." mother said.

Father nodded. I got into the bed and mother and father got in behind me. I liked these nights with my parents but I did wish that I was with Peter. I fell asleep thinking about him and our future together. I was roughly shaken awake.

"Get up, washed and dressed. Your armour is ready for you." It was father, so I didn't argue.

I got up, dressed, and slipped on the new armour. It had two holes at the back big enough for my wings.

"Spread your wings just to make sure its comfortable." father said.

I spread my wings the armour was tight around my wings but I could move them freely.

"It's fine father." I said as I tucked them back in.

Father said, "Okay, let's go." We both hugged mother. Drake would be staying with mother. The horses were ready for us. I mounted Spirit.

"Hopefully, one day I'll be able just to go for a horse ride without starting a battle." I said.

"I hope so to Alexandria."

Damien would be riding next to me along with his father and my father leading us. I put on my helmet and we rode off heading North. We slowed our pace as we didn't want to tire the horses. I rode up along side my father.

"Do you think this will ever end father?"

"Hopefully this will be the end, but I hope not for us!" father said.

"As long as I live I will never allow Gabriel to live father!"

"And that is why I'm confident we will win this!" father said.

After a week of travel, the weather started to turn colder until we hit snow. I could see a lone mountain in the distance.

"I take it that's where we're headed." I said pulling a cloak around me.

"Yes, I think so."

Damien rode up beside me "Is that where were headed?" he asked.

I nodded and we headed to the mountain. The snow got worse the closer we got to it. We finally reached the base of the mountain. I looked at father.

"Now what?" I asked.

"I'll have a fly around and see if I can see anything." He spread his wings and took flight.

"Where did your father go Lex?" Damien asked.

"He went to look around. By the way, you mustn't say anything about my ability to shift!"

Damien nodded and quietly told everyone else. I could see the outline of my father searching the skies for clues. He landed next to me.

"I couldn't see anything. We must be missing something."

"Let's find a cave and get out of the snow before we all get frostbite." I said.

A blizzard had started. Father nodded. We found a cave big enough for our entire group to get into.

"What could we be missing?" I asked.

"I don't know! There must be something that Jess didn't tell us about."

Alexander came up to us. "My lord, you need to see this!" we followed him to the back of the cave. There was a door with the orb intertwined with the snake. Father looked at me. I nodded. He handed me a knife. I sliced my hand and smeared the orb with my blood. Sure enough, the door slid back.

Alexander asked, "How did you know what to do your highness?"

"It's the same symbol that I found when I was looking for the sword of shadows. It's the symbol of the royal family." I said.

"Let's have some torches lit so we can see what were doing.", father barked.

The men had torches lit within a few seconds. One was handed to me as well as father. The door led to a flight of very winding and narrow stairs. Father went first and I was right behind him. It must have taken us and hour to get up the stairs. When we got to the top it opened up to a platform with stone ruins in a circle, with a stone platform in the middle. I walked over to the platform.

"This is where Gabriel was born. It's marked on the stone but where is the cathedral?" I asked.

"I'll search the skies again.", father said as he jumped into the air. I had a look around. The stones around the circle had different names carved in a language I didn't understand. I went back to the platform in the middle.

This time I looked more closely. There was snow covering something next to Gabriel's name. I brushed it off. It was an entire family tree carved into the stone. Next to Gabriel's name was a name I never thought I would see. I almost fainted when I realised the truth. Damien saw the look on my face.

"Is everything okay Lex?" I quickly covered it with snow again

"everything is fine Damien."

My father landed behind Damien. I couldn't believe he never told me the truth but that was for another time, after we got back. After all he was still my father.

"I think I found it. I will take everyone two at a time. I think it will be wise for you not to fly Alexandria." father said.

I nodded, too shocked to say anything.

"Are you all right Alexandria?"

"I'm fine father, why wouldn't I be?"

Father nodded and he lifted me into his arms.

"I will take my daughter then the rest of you.", father said as he jumped into the air. I felt the rush of air and the wet of the clouds on my face then as soon as we were in the air father set me down the ground felt solid.

"Now I know that there is something bothering you. I know by the look on your face." father said.

I pushed what I found out of my head. "Your right there is something but it can wait. Remember, you told me before that you need a clear head going into a battle. If I told you, it would bother both of us so we will discus it later."

"Are your sure Alexandria?"

"Yes I am father. We shouldn't discuss it here."

He looked deeply into my eyes. "Very well Alexandria." He took off to get the rest of the men.

When he did I turned around and found my self face to face with the white cathedral. It reached as the far eye could see. It was bathed in a white light. You would have found it stunning, if you weren't going to kill someone in it.

Father came back with Damien and Michael. "Do not do anything without me here Alexandria."

"Don't worry father. I won't"

Damien walked up beside me. "Are you okay Lex? You seem off."

"I'm fine Damien. I just want to get this over with. Then we can get back to the way things are supposed to be!"

Father came back with more people. It took him the best part of and hour to get everyone to the cathedral. He was out of breath when he landed the last person.

"We will wait until my father gets a rest."

Everyone nodded. Father took about and hour to rest then we made our way to the door of the cathedral. Of course the door was open.

"He's expecting us."

Father nodded. We made our way into the main hall of the cathedral. It was stunning! There was a large stained glass window at the very top and sitting on a white marble throne was Gabriel.

"Well, well its about time you got here." he said.

"Well, if you wanted us here sooner, you should have given us a map." I said.

"And where would the fun be in that? Let me guess. You're here to kill me, yes?"

"Yes, that was the general idea." I said.

Gabriel laughed. "You can't kill me. At least not in this form anyway."

"There are some things you don't know Gabriel." I said.

He looked at my father. "I could say the same thing about you."

I said again, "You would be surprised what I know Gabriel."

"We will see little princess. There are things which you have no idea of. "

"Funny, I could say the same thing about you."

Gabriel looked at me. "No matter. I will kill you and your pitiful clan!", Gabriel said as he jumped into the air and lunged at me.

I stepped aside and let him crash into the floor. Father and the rest of the men howled with laughter.

"Oh let me guess. You thought I didn't know about your wings?" I asked.

He got to his feet he yelled, "Now men!" Men ran into the room.

We immediately engaged them in battle as Gabriel watched from the air. I swung my sword cutting down three men in my path. Blood covered the white floor of the cathedral. It didn't take long for us to dispatch the men.

"Tell you what Gabriel. Why don't just you and me fight to the death?" I said.

He landed next to the throne.

"Fine! But your father and your men must go outside and must not come to your rescue. Just one on one to the death!"

12