Blood Bonds Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I heard all about that. It didn't work out so well for him..."

"Asshole should have known better."

"Did you really drive him completely out of his mind?"

She shrugged. "I just dragged his consciousness to another plane for a moment so we could talk. It didn't sit well with him when I brought him back."

"Just a little psychotic, huh?" he slurred, then immediately blushed, regretting the statement.

She just snickered. "I'm a complete psychopath on so many levels. Makes me good at what I do."

"You're pretty nice, actually. You're made out to be a total demon."

"I could be, but I retain some warped sense of moral decency. I'll kill someone who has it coming without a second thought, but I would never want to be mean to an innocent."

"That's a big thing among your kind, isn't it? The concept of the Innocent."

"Oh, yeah. We don't have much of a code, really, but the Ruling Line tends to have a protective streak."

"There are only two in it right now, though right? The House is not large by Vampyr standards, though big enough, but your specific line is super-exclusive..."

"Well, yeah. Because Arkon is an Elemental. Elementals can only change Elementals. Too much... energy is involved to pour into a normal person or even a witch. It'll drive them completely out of their minds if not kill them. My Sire has had to wait many millennia to find someone strong enough to Turn."

"Have you met Arkon? Is he really the Originator?"

"You know I can't answer that," she said, giving him a look. "But I have met him. He's a nice guy. Intense. You wouldn't know how old he is, just talking to him, he's that good at hiding what he is."

"What did he think of you?"

"Uh, I think he liked me. He told Ash, my Sire that he approved. Ash thinks he may be a little concerned about the whole demon thing I have going on, but he honestly seemed amused by the whole situation to me."

"I can't even fathom- what?" he stopped, watching her eyes flick to the door.

"Can we continue this later?" she asked just as the three panting girls burst through the door, shrieking in excitement, apparently having the time of their lives. Kevin watched her as she rose to greet the girls, smiling broadly, seeming genuinely happy they were having such a great time.

***

They were just walking out of the restaurant when a black Chevy Avalanche pulled into a parking spot a few yards down the street.

"Nice truck," Kev commented with an envious look as a gorgeous man with very long straight black hair got out and came down the sidewalk towards them.

"He'll let you look it over if you want," Taylor said with a smile.

"You know him?" Sarah asked, face incredulous. "Woah, is that your husband?"

Taylor grinned and nodded, then rushed forward to meet him. The guy caught her in a big hug, lifting her off the ground and swinging her in a circle before setting her down again with a brief but deep kiss. Sarah looked him over as Taylor led him forward by the hand.

"Guys, meet August," she said. "August, my beloved, this is Sarah and Kevin. The other two will meet us at the concert."

They exchanged handshakes and pleasantries, both students studying the man intently. Sarah's insides were jelly. Taylor's husband was in maybe his mid-twenties. He was tall, over 6'3," solidly built with washboard abs just visible beneath his shirt and chiseled arm muscles. She couldn't determine his racial heritage. His skin was a light golden brown, like a faded tan that had once been dark. He had large almond eyes that were a stunning cobalt blue set above high cheekbones a proportional nose and a sensual mouth that revealed perfect white teeth in a heart-melting smile. His hair was so black it was blue and hung straight halfway down his back. It was impossibly shiny and thick and moved about him in the evening breeze as if it were living. He was dressed in well-worn jeans, a tight fitting faded orange graphic t-shirt and dark brown boots. He wore wide leather cuffs on his wrists. His voice was deep, clear, soothing somehow.

Sarah glanced at Kevin, who kept looking at August strangely, as if trying to reconcile something to himself but unable to get a grip on it.

"Kev likes the Avalanche," Taylor said, leaning back against his broad chest when he wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing the top of her head.

"You do?" he asked, looking at Kevin. "It's actually hers. I prefer big fancy cars, but you can't take the Georgia out of the girl. You wanna see it?"

"Yeah, cool, man," Kevin said, wiping the confused expression off his face and grinning excitedly. The blue-haired man kissed the side of Taylor's neck before releasing her and leading Kevin out to inspect the big truck.

"Oh my God!" Sarah exclaimed, giving Taylor a scandalized look. "You never told us that he was absolutely gorgeous!"

Taylor grinned and shrugged, glancing over at the two men.

"How old is he?" Sarah asked.

"Uh, he's older than he looks," Taylor said evasively. "He looks so much younger when he's dressed like that and not in a suit like he usually is. I can't believe he actually drove the truck. He hates that thing."

"What does he do? It has to be something good to put a piece of jewelry like that on your finger. Is that made of what I think it's made of?"

"You like my ring? It's platinum with inset rubies and diamonds. He's in real estate mostly. Runs a... very successful firm that buys and develops land all over the world."

"Is that why he's never with you?"

"Yeah, he just got back from Japan. I see him more than you'd think, but we don't have to be together constantly."

"So you're from Georgia?" Sarah asked, cocking her head sideways to look at the other girl. "I thought I detected a bit of an accent sometimes."

"Yeah," Taylor said. "From outside Atlanta."

"And your family lives there?"

"Not anymore."

Sarah saw her jaw tighten, something stronger than rage flare in her green eyes for a split second. Then her face softened again, and she smiled.

"Uh, so, you two are going to have the most beautiful kids," Sarah said, saying the first thing that came to mind just to change the subject.

Taylor laughed out loud, then shook her head.

"What? Did I say something funny?" Sarah asked, her stomach sinking. Everything coming out of her mouth was wrong tonight.

"No, it's not you, honey," Taylor said as if reading her mind, reaching out as if to touch her arm, but reconsidering and folding her arms across her chest. "There's so much you don't know... neither of us can... reproduce."

"You know that at 18?"

"Yeah, it's part of my... overall condition. And August can't have children. Not that we would ever want them anyway."

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry."

"Don't ... uh... it's okay. Listen, I'm not the best at sharing, I know. So... don't feel bad here, okay? I just, I don't relate to people very well sometimes," Taylor said, turning to face her. Something dark, sadness, deeply secret lay heavy in her over-bright eyes.

"There you guys are!" Nel's voice dispelled the tension. "Are you ready? Is our man here?"

Sarah turned to face the new arrivals, pointing over at the two men looking at the engine of the truck.

"That's our husband?" Ana nearly shrieked, gaping.

"I claim him right now," Nel exclaimed. "If you break up or die or something, I have dibs. Sorry. It may be insensitive, but that's just the way it is."

The other girls laughed and Taylor led them all over, passing around introductions.

***

Kevin glanced over at the two of them, August leaning against the tree, Taylor nestled between his knees, holding his hands around her waist as he nuzzled her hair, whispering in her ear.

"Stop it!" Sarah hissed at him over the band, jabbing him in the ribs.

"What?" he growled back, rubbing his bruised skin.

"You've been staring a hole through them all night long. What's your problem? You knew she was married."

"No, no. It's not that. There's just something about them..." he tapered off, then shook his head. "Nevermind."

"You're jealous," she taunted.

He just rolled his eyes and pretended to pay attention to the stage. He couldn't help looking at them once more, though. This time he was surprised to find them both looking back at him, eyes glittering oddly in the flickering light. Taylor smiled and said something to August, who nodded, then they both looked away.

A few songs later, Sarah tapped his arm and cocked her head in their direction. August was still watching the show, eyes idly following the singer on stage as he tenderly stroked Taylor's cheek, his arms around her. She'd turned more towards him, curling up slightly, snuggled against his chest, eyes closed, breathing steady. Sarah felt a pang inside. Feeling their eyes on him, he glanced over at them.

"Is she asleep?" Sarah mouthed, surprised.

He nodded, a gentle smile on his handsome features as he looked down at her sleep-softened features for a moment.

Sarah smiled and made a zippering motion across her lips to the others.

"It's okay. You can talk," August said quietly. "She's completely out."

Sarah and Kevin scooted closer to them, Ana and Nel just smiling and turning their attention back to the show.

"I was beginning to wonder if she ever slept," Sarah said to him, resisting the urge to reach out and touch the girl's dark silver hair. "In a month I've never seen her so much as take a nap."

"She doesn't sleep much," August murmured, holding her a little tighter.

"Insomnia?" Kevin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No," August said with a single laugh. "Just the way she is."

"She trusts you," Sarah said quietly after a moment. "I don't think she trusts anyone else. Not like that."

August just smiled, kissing the top of her head gently. Then with a sigh, he gathered her legs over one arm and her neck over the other and in a feat of strength and coordination, stood smoothly, lifting her with no sign of effort.

"I'm gonna take her back to the dorm," he said to all of them. "It was nice meeting you all. Enjoy the rest of the concert."

"Come back sometime, ok?" Nel called after him.

He smiled and nodded over his shoulder, then vanished into the darkness beyond the trees.

***

"What are you up to?" Sarah asked, leaning over Ana's shoulder to peer at the computer screen.

"I thought you were studying," the Asian girl muttered, shooing her back.

"Oh, my god," she laughed. "You're Google-ing her! Stalker!"

"Shuttup! I'm just curious!" she squawked, blushing furiously, but typing Taylor's full name nonetheless. "I just want to know more about her. We don't know anything about her. High school, where she's from, parents, old friends, hobbies, nothing. Isn't that odd to you?"

"Never really thought about it until earlier tonight. I thought she just wanted to seem mysterious, but she's got some issues I don't understand."

"Holy shit!" they both said as the results scrolled onto the screen.

"That's a lot of sites," Sarah breathed, pulling up a chair next to him. "They might not all be her, though. Maybe none of them."

"Let's see," Ana said slowly, clicking on the first link. It cycled for a moment, then Taylor's picture appeared front and center in the center of the page.

"Oh, god, that is her!" Sarah said, leaning in closer. "Jesus what kind of website is this?" the smaller girl asked.

Her picture was bordered with writhing black figures on a blood red background. The image was obviously her, she didn't appear to know she was being photographed. She was almost in profile in what at first appeared to be a black and white image, but upon closer inspection was actually a color shot. Her pale face glowed against a dark backdrop, dark gray hair blending back into the backdrop of sparkling lights and darkness, swirling all around her face as if the camera had caught her in motion. Scrolling lines had been added around the side of her face, running down her neck and into her hairline, curling around her temples and eyes, which were an eerie solid black between her dark, thick lashes. Her blood red lips were curled in a seductive, somehow sadistic, smile. Below her name in calligraphic script were the words 'Pan'ah, The Lady Talera, House of Arkon, Chosen Ascendant, Third in the Ruling Line.'

Sarah glanced back up at the web address, 'immortalwanderers.com,' then looked back at Ana.

"I take back what I said earlier- 'issues' is an understatement. Is this for real?" the Asian asked, laughing incredulously.

"Jesus," Sarah whispered, then took out her phone and dialed frantically.

"Who are you calling?" she asked, not glancing up as she scrolled over the information before him.

"Kevin. I know for a fact I have heard him call her Talera casually. Will you get Nel? She should see this too."

***

"Yeah, I knew," Kevin said, shrugging his shoulders.

"When? How do you know?"

"I asked her. The first night we met."

"And she just told you?"

"Yeah."

"What? What the hell does all that shit mean? She has some crazy stalkers."

"No, it makes perfect sense," he continued to Sarah as the others continued to read, wide-eyed.

"What does?" Sarah asked.

"Listen, may parents are archeologists, right? Well, they study the Vampyr-"

"-Vampires?"

"Yes. Anyway, I understand exactly what all this means."

"You do," Sarah and Ana said at the same time, deadpan.

"Yes, look, the Vampyr are divided into Houses, family lines basically that vary in power and age. Arkon, as far as we know, is, like, the original vampire. Talera is similar to her given name, so I'm pretty sure that's how her name translates in their language. 'Chosen Ascendant' means that she's the most powerful and esteemed person they have lined up to become Immortal. The Chosen are their vampires-to-be. 'Pan'ah' I"m not exactly sure about. It's most likely a title, like Queen or something. 'Third in the Ruling Line' means she'll be only one separated from Arkon. Realistically, we should be addressing her as 'My Lady.'"

"Holy shit!" Nel breathed, staring at the screen as Ana clicked through more links, all of them showing similar images and wording. She linked through several sites until she found one with a brief history, as specific information was apparently limited and the consensus was that it wasn't wise to do much digging about her.

"Parents and brother brutally murdered two years ago..." Sarah read aloud in a whisper. "...Elemental Witch...succubus...demon-possessed...deemed the Antichrist by fringe Christian groups... oh my God! No wonder she hasn't told us anything about herself. SHIT! That means August-!"

"Isn't human." Kevin finished. "He's the second most powerful vampire in the world."

"See if there are links to him on any of these sites," Nel breathed, fluttering her hands in the direction of the keyboard.

Ana nodded and scrolled down, sucking in her breath as she pulled up a page with August's picture front and center. Only it was a painting. Renaissance, by the look of it, but it was clearly him. Gothic letters above it read 'Pan'Soeh, Lord Ash'tine, House of Arkon, Second in Ruling Line."

"Exact age unknown..." Sarah read, eyes wide. "... over six millennia estimated... Elemental Witch...killed his own Sire...aka Augustinian in Roman era...Four Horsemen of the Apocalpyse..."

Sarah took a deep breath and leaned back in her chair, releasing it slowly. Nel sank slowly to her knees on the floor, eyes distant. Ana sat stood stock still, eyes not moving from the computer screen.

"I know that name, Ash'Tine. I'll ask my parents about it," Kevin said, reaching around Ana and clicking on a few more sites. "You guys okay?"

"I don't know... I've never seen anything like this before..." Sarah murmured, shaking her head. The other two mirrored her, Ana shrugging her shoulders, a small smile on her Asian features.

"It's cool isn't it?"

"Cool? Yeah, I guess. That site said people call her the Antichrist. I'm not religious, but that's not really a good thing is it?"

"Well, Christian groups aren't the most reliable sources generally."

"Still, oh my- I live with a demon."

"Are you scared of her?"

"I don't know. I like her, but... I need to talk with her about this. And you're grinning like you just won the lottery!"

"I just feel vindicated! I'm not nuts! And neither is the rest of my family. There is something about her. I watched all that shit on CSPAN when they had the hearings about the Vampyr Registration Bill and everything. My friends back home told me I was full of it- where are you going?"

She stood and strode to the door.

"To talk to her."

"Is she even here? I thought she'd be gone with, ah, August."

"She's in her room alone. I said hi on my way down here. She said she's going home tomorrow night for a couple of days. Well, you coming or not?"

He nodded and followed her down the hallway, the other girls following on his heels.

Taylor opened the door on the second knock, her long silver hair free in a mane around her face, green eyes widening at their expressions.

"You Google-d me," she said with a knowing smile, closing her eyes and shaking her head. She leaned back in her room and flipped off the light, returning with that almost sad smile. "Let's talk somewhere else, if that's okay with y'all- I promise you'll be back unharmed."

They followed her in tense silence out to the parking deck. She walked up to a sleek, jet black Cadillac STS-V. As she approached, the alarm chirped, lights flicking on, and the big V8 engine roared to life.

"Holy- is this your car?" Ana asked despite herself, straining to look into the blacked-out windows. "I said I'd sleep with the first guy I met who had one of these..."

"I do girls too," Taylor said with a smirk. "Get in."

"Uh, there're no door handles..." Kevin said, striding around to ride shotgun.

Taylor blinked and their doors popped open. "There's no visible ignition either. So it'll be hard for you to borrow it."

They climbed inside, settling into the custom black leather seats, inlaid at the head rests with an intricate silver and red design. Kevin ran his hands over the dashboard and over the sigil on his seat, feeling the engine rumble silently as she pulled out of the garage and headed into town. He squinted down at the speakers hidden in the door panels in the flashes of streetlights, noting their quality and size.

"That's my... sigil in Vampyr. If this was a movie, my 'glyph,' I guess you'd call it. It's my name superimposed on the House Symbol, which is the phoenix," she explained, glancing at Kevin.

"I'd like to learn more about it sometime," he said with a nod, settling back. "The custom work on this car must have cost you a fortune. I've never seen anything like the entry and ignition systems you have. Probably make this baby hard to steal. How do they work?"

"There is an actual lock and ignition on this car, they're just hidden. I just mentally flip the switches. All my vehicles are like that, except the truck, but that's because I just got it. Most of my House have similar setups. It's easier for us. We're not the kind to remember our keys generally. If I let someone use it or take it in the shop or whatever, there is a remote control that they can use to operate it. I think I left the one for this car in New York. I don't even know..."

She tapered off, face quirked as if searching her memories, then she shrugged and turned onto the highway.

"Where are we going?" Sarah asked, leaning forward.

"I have a place in Georgetown," she said as they powered smoothly past the light late-night traffic into the middle of the city. She pushed a button on the steering wheel and Kevin heard a phone dial. A soft feminine voice answered in an unknown language. Taylor responded in the same and they had a brief conversation.

"Just having someone prepare for our arrival. I haven't been there in a few weeks. Get a few things to eat in the fridge, put on a teapot, that kind of thing."