Blood Bonds Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You don't even trust yourself to open your mouth, do you?" he taunted.

"Let it go, Wolf," the blue-eyed vampire said, breathing a laugh. He stepped up beside Ash, touching the blood that was still wet on the incubus' bare chest.

"Go," Andrenin said, smiling darkly at them. "We'll handle things here."

Lifting the unconscious Italian girl, Visarius nodded to the three, then headed back into the trees. Andrenin and Pershing followed after, the latter giving Talera one last once-over before he melted into the shadows. With a nod, the two male vampires vanished in twin whorls of sand, rising into the night too quickly for Kevin's eyes to catch.

"Just to clarify," Kevin said, coming to stand in front of Talera, looking down into her eyes. "That was Arkon, right?"

She nodded, smiling slightly.

A breath of a laugh forced itself out of his mouth. Shaking his head, he ran his hands through his hair, taking a deep, deep breath, letting it out as slowly as he could.

"This has been one hell of a week," he said finally. He wanted to hold her, but didn't, settled for kissing the air just above her forehead with all the tenderness he could muster. She blinked her eyes, flames burning in their depths once more, looking up at him serenely.

"I won't touch you," he said, taking a step back. "Persh is right. I don't see how you're holding it in. Go. Good hunting."

She didn't move, looking from him to Ana, expression unreadable.

"Go," Ana said. "We'll take care of her. Take the time you need. We'll meet you back in DC."

With a sigh, nodding her head, she took a step backwards, turning to face the waves. Stopping near the water's edge, she looked back over her shoulder at them, smiling.

"Thank you," she said softly, her voice carrying on the wind, energy in her words making them shiver. Raising her wings high, she vanished in a blur of Darkness.

-------*****-------

I didn't agonize over every single word of this installment like I normally do, so please bear with me if it's a little rough. For me this is an exceptionally quick post, so don't get spoiled. I'm nowhere close to done. This story has gone far, far... far, far, far, far, far... beyond its original intention. Thanks to all who vote (I'm not all that concerned with ranking, but I do have my pride) and thanks for the great feedback. I'm working out the next chapter dutifully, sleep be damned. My employees think I'm daydreaming and/or insane as I work out dialogue (aloud) to myself.

12