Blood of the Clans Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, hi Taylor, good seeing you again." Tom came forward for a handshake, then stood beside Debra.

"And you Tom, as well." he responded in perfect Canadian, dropping the brogue, before turning his eyes to his fiancee, "Debra, indeed a pleasure and congratulations on the upcoming nuptials." Taylor said holding his hand for hers and taking it gently. "I'm sure we'll be gathering for the celebration soon, We weren't putting any hopes on Tom coming through with a date this time, let alone engaged. And let me say, he's picked a lovely one." he finished saying and gave a slight bow with his head, then turned to Tom again and smiled, winking as he shook his hand again.

Debra was relieved he didn't make any jokes about the clan feud and blushed at the compliments. "Thank you Taylor, for the warm welcome and it's such an honour to be here with you all." she smiled warmly to everyone and looked back to Tavish.

"Stuart, I think we need tae gi'e our wee Lassie a bit of a history lesson and gi'e Tom some as well. Shall we go inside and sit in the study, where we can tell them what's gone on?" Tavish asked, while patting Debra's hand, giving her some comfort it wouldn't be a bad thing to hear.

"Aye Tavish, nothing like a good tale of the clans tae rouse the spirit. Off we go inside then" he said ushering them to go inside, with a broad sweep of his hand towards the entrance. "I'll talk tae ye gents soon and ha'e another dram." he told the men he was with.

The celebration continued with kids playing games and the adults joining in with the fun, as the four passed amongst them, then walked up the broad stone steps and through the massive archway into the hall. Stuart led them down the long hallway adorned with pieces of their history and then opened an ornate oak door, polished to a brilliant shine.

They entered in and Stuart invited them to sit in the large, leather chairs in front of a massive stone fireplace. Paintings of ancestors hung on highly polished, oak panelled

walls around the room, the splendour intriguing the young couple.

"Shall I pour another dram of the golden nectar fer us while we talk?" Stuart asked, as he gathered four glasses and opened a heavy, crystal decanter filled with the liquid of the toast earlier. "It's been a while since ye've been in here Tom." he said, noticing Tom looking around in awe again.

Debra looked hesitant about another drink of it, but felt if she could get past the burning, she would enjoy the sweet aftertaste. Stuart returned with a silver tray, with four, thick, crystal glasses, etched with the clan crest and bearing a good amount of drink in each. He passed them out and then took a seat across from Tom and Debra, sitting beside Tavish. He held his glass in the centre of them and the others saluted his.

The ringing of crystal filled the room, as Stuart toasted. "Slainte Chuig Na Fir, Agus Go Mairfidh Na Mna Go Deo."

Debra looked puzzled at hearing the Gaelic toast, wondering what was said, when Tavish continued with his own. "Tir Nam Beann, Nan Gleann, Nan Gaisgeach!", then she took a drink when everyone else did, not wanting to spoil what was said.

"Ye've no idea what was just said, do ye Hen?" Tavish said to her chuckling, knowing she knew nothing of the Gaelic language. "Stuart said, 'Health tae the men and may the women live forever', and I said, 'Tae the land of the Bens, the Glens and the heroes'."

"Honestly, I would never have figured that out, but they are both beautiful toasts." she replied, smiling after knowing it.

Tom turned to her and held his glass to her personally and Debra lightly touched his glass with hers, as he recited yet another one.

"Graim thu go siorai" then took a drink of the golden liquid, still capturing the light and causing it to dance inside the glass. Debra drank as well, feeling the burning and then the wonderful glow and the sweet taste.

Debra looked at him and waited for the translation. "What did that mean?", when he didn't reply.

"I'll tell you later, Baby." he said smiling at her, then turned to Stuart and Tavish. "Fad Saol Agat". (Long Life to You).

"And a long life tae ye, Tom." they both replied and drank. "Ye've been studying Gaelic I see. Very good son, yer sounding more like a true Scot all the time." Stuart praised him and gave him a knowing wink at what he said to Debra and stayed quiet, so Tom could tell her later.

"So where shall we start, Stuart? Should we go back tae Garreth and Grayson, or before? What do ye feel about that?" Tavish asked.

"Aye Tavish, might as well gi'e them both a lesson in highland living in the sixteenth century. Are ye ready fer some good stories? No tae mind Debra, what happened. We're no going tae hold ye tae account fer what happened centuries ago, but it'll do ye good tae know what happened between our clans and what we went through." Stuart told the young couple, but looked with assurance at Debra, giving her a sense of ease.

Tom and Debra sat rapt with attention, waiting to hear the whole story of how the MacLeod's and MacDonald's joined together and battled with the MacRae's and other clans siding with them. Little did they realize what was in store for them once it began. Stuart pondered the beginning and started.

"It was back in the late sixteenth century, Garreth MacLeod was Chief of the Seat of MacLeod here at Dunvegan, his father William dying from wounds in a battle and Grayson and Arabella MacDonald were ruling the Clan MacDonald from Castle Tioram and Castle Camus, after their father, John, was killed in a battle helping Arabella's husband and his clan, the MacLean's. We were trading partners fer hundreds of years prior to this and

peace reigned among the clans, after a Treaty was signed in 1406, by the Lord of the Isles ruling the surrounding lands. It was yer ancestors, James MacRae to be exact, who started all the trouble again...."