Blood of the Clans Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Garreth wrapped his arms around Therese and pulled her to him. She took his face in her palms and soon their lips were sealing the bond of love their hearts were in ache of sharing. When their passions subsided enough for them to break apart, it was Garreth who made mention of what was to happen now.

"Ye say yer leaving t'morrow? How long will ye be away? I can'ne stand the thought that yer leaving, now that I've found ye."

Therese could see the frantic state he was getting into and carefully unhooked the small gold cross from around her neck. She slipped the ends under his hair and clasped the ends together again behind his neck. She looked at it sitting on his chest and gently placed her hand over it, before looking up and into his eyes once more.

"Garreth, please wear this and remember me. It was given to me by my father, when I was six years old and I have always worn it since. It is all I have left in this world of him and my mother. Touch it and you will know my love for you."

Garreth's face turned to one of joy and brightened with a smile. He placed his hand over hers and held it to him tightly, as he looked deeply into her eyes.

"I shall Therese. I shall touch it often. I'll always keep it close tae my heart, where it belongs."

Garreth held the cross in his fingers and kissed it lovingly, before tucking it under his tunic and hiding it. He slid his fingers through her silky hair and pulled her to him, showing her the love in his heart through his kiss.

It seemed like a lifetime passed, before they rose and walked hand in hand through the grass, back to where they started. The lifeless bodies were abuzz with flies, as they neared and Garreth shielded Therese's vision from seeing it. They walked to where Garreth had laid his sword down and he retrieved it, before calling for his horse with a shrill whistle and a short whoop.

The dark, brown stallion came at a canter, upon hearing the call from Garreth. Therese marvelled at the act and Garreth smiled happily at his feat. He slung his leg over its back and as Therese held the front of her garment to her in modesty, Garreth leaned over the side and kissed her once more, before riding off to look for the mare. He found her grazing a short distance ahead, the tender shoots of new grasses keeping her attentive and happy. He collected her reins and trotted back to Therese with her.

She looked at her horse and then to Garreth and without a word between them, he knew what she preferred. He leaned over far, so Therese could put her hands around his neck, while he wrapped his hand around her waist and pulled her onto his lap. She took a moment to look in his eyes, before she kissed him quickly and then laid her head on his shoulder.

Garreth rode off slowly, the reins of his horse and the mare's in one hand, the delicate waist of Therese in the other. She kept hold of him tightly, as they made their way back along the road towards the castle, coming to the spot where Garreth had crossed. He stopped his horse and Therese looked to him.

"The castle is just o'er there. I wanted one last chance tae kiss ye, before ye leave fer France. We'll no get another chance."

Therese knew the truth in his words. Once past this point, her life would take on yet another twist and add to the addled state Fate had made of her life. She would have to play out the remaining hours of the day and once aboard ship, she would be sailing away from a misery she once dreaded and on towards the start of her new life. One she believed to be as the wife of Laird Garreth MacLeod, as Lady Therese de Mornay de Trecesson. Her heart bloomed with happy bursts of joy at each knowing thought she imagined, realizing that they would be the reality of her life.

Without a word to him, Therese shared all that she was feeling in the way she kissed him. Garreth was stunned by the outward display of emotion, but soon accepted it and returned his own feelings to her. They held each other tightly, their lips finding as much purchase in their touch as they could, as they shared a final moment together. In reluctance, they broke apart, the love still sparking in their eyes, as they looked at each other.

In a dawning realization, Garreth thought of something and reached into his small satchel around his waist. Digging in with his fingers, he pulled out a rounded piece of stone, rough on one side and smooth on the other, an intricately carved bull's head etched into it, the Luck of Dunvegan. He held Therese's hand and placed it in her palm, so she could look at the carving. She held it in her fingers and brought it closer to see the crafting in it.

"I wish ye tae keep this stone in remembrance of me, Therese and my love fer ye. It was a piece of the cornerstone of Dunvegan Castle carved wi' our clan symbol, by my great elder, Malcolm, when he had the keep built around two hundred and fifty years ago. It's been handed down tae each Chief fer good luck tae follow him and protect him from harm. Keep this close tae yer heart Therese and I will be wi' ye."

Therese looked about her for a place to keep the precious stone. With her dress torn away, the only place she could think to put it safety, was inside the calf of her riding boot. Hiking up her hem, she bared her leg to Garreth, who took in a gasp at seeing her flesh. Therese carefully pushed the stone down the inside, until it was resting well down in her boot. She saw the look in Garreth's eyes, upon seeing her leg and decided in all of the moment, to raise it a slight bit more, and showed him a good bit of her thigh.

She let out a giggle at seeing the flush come over him, happy his lustful desires for her were so plain to see on him. She tossed the hem down and continued the motion slowly to wrap her hands around his neck and kiss him with all her love and happiness. Garreth returned his with fervour, sparked now with passionate heat stirring in him. In great reluctance, they finally parted, their eyes still locked in rapture.

With a saddening at stopping the joining of their love, Garreth urged his horse forward and they proceeded to the castle. Riding through the gate, he shouted out to the soldiers to run and get the Earl, to inform him Lady Therese was attacked. One soldier turned and ran with all haste into the main building. In moments, Douglas was out and looking for where Therese was, as Garreth was letting her down gently, into the arms of a soldier, as he strided up quickly.

"My Lady, are you in need of aid? Are you hurt? I'll send for the surgeon right away."

His concern almost made Therese laugh, knowing in her heart, it was more for show than actual caring. One thing she had come to know about the Earl in her stay, was that he was selfish and arrogant. He cared little, or not at all, for others and she had witnessed first-hand how he was.

"I am well My Lord, save for a few scratches that will take a while to heal. I owe my life to Laird Garreth for coming to my rescue. If it were not for his brave deeds, I fear I would not be here before you. I was attacked by two men, as you said might happen and was nearly taken of my chastity."

Therese explained it all with a high degree of emotion, allowing the dire situation to set into his mind. Douglas looked at Garreth with suspicion.

"Is this true, Laird MacLeod? Did you defend Lady Therese from these attackers she mentions?"

Garreth looked directly into Douglas' eyes and related what he did.

"Ha'e yer men go along the south road of the river, three miles from the crossing. They'll find one man wi' half his head and another wi'out a heart. I heard the screams of Lady Therese, while I was riding in the foothills. I saw the men attacking her and rode down tae take them off her."

Douglas took the suspicion from his eyes and looked back at Therese, still clutching the tatters to her modesty.

"My Dear, we must get you inside and tend to you. Come along and you can get a change of clothes and have the surgeon look at those scratches."

The crimson streaks stood out in sharp contrast against her milky-white skin, a couple seeping droplets of blood. Therese followed Douglas towards the main house then stopped and turned back.

"Laird Garreth, I wish to see you later and thank you properly, for your honourable deeds. Let me tend to these scratches and re-dress, then I will come to you and thank you."

Garreth put his hand on his heart, holding the cross to him and bowed to her, then rose again, seeing the smile on her face and the look in her eyes. He stayed himself from smiling too much and giving more away than need be. Therese turned and re-joined Douglas, taking his offered hand, as they walked into the house.

Grayson came running from the main house, where he had been eating, his face worried for his friend. He saw Douglas and Therese coming towards him and bowed, before passing them and reaching Garreth.

"What's happened, Garreth?" his concern lessening, as he looked him over and saw no wounds to him.

"Two men attacked Lady Therese while she was out riding. I heard her screams from higher up in the hills and rescued her. They were nearly ready tae violate her chastity, they were. I rode up and jumped off my horse's back and I was fairly near flying, as I came at the first one. I swung and thought I missed, but I caught the back of his head and took it off. His brain fell out as he hit the groond, so it did. I was up and at the other one, before he e'en had a chance tae move. I ran my sword threw him and took out his heart. Did'ne take but a couple of minutes and it was o'er."

Grayson stood spellbound listening to the description of the skirmish. Once Garreth finished, he had to ask him the question.

"Did they hurt Lady Therese?" Grayson's face in dire need of the right answer

"No more than the scratches ye seen on her, but they very nearly had her. It was luck that I was there. Looking at the type of men they were, they'd of killed her, after they were finished defiling her."

Garreth's face set the tone for the truth in his words. Grayson looked at him and shook his head.

"What were ye doin' out riding, anyway?"

Garreth's smile grew wide and very happy, as he put his arm over Grayson's shoulders and walked back to their rooms, telling of what happened afterwards and what was now in play between them. Grayson stopped dead on the staircase and looked at Garreth with stunned shock at what he heard. He pulled Garreth's arm back, turning him towards him.

"Yer no serious, Garreth? Ye did'ne go and fall in love wi' that Lass? Tell me ye ha'e more sense than that." Grayson asked, but saw for himself that everything Garreth had said was true.

The smile on Garreth's face was as sure as the feelings in his heart. He looked about for signs of others, as they stood between floors and pulled out the cross Therese had given him. He told her he had given her his lucky talisman and Grayson looked at him incredulously.

"No, ye did'ne gi' her that? Yer father handed that tae ye, no long before he died. It's no supposed tae leave yer possession, till ye hand it tae the next MacLeod Chieftain. Are ye looking tae ha'e bad tidings happen tae ye?"

Grayson's words made an impact on Garreth, reminding him how his own father had left it behind the day he went into battle and came back mortally wounded, before handing it to him and warning him to keep it with him always for protection. In his mind, he could still see his father lying there, putting the stone in his hand and telling him of it, before his eyes closed, his hand still wrapped around Garreth's, his last breath issuing from his lungs.

"I understand yer worries, Grayson. I know what that stone means tae me and my Clan. I've no forgotten what happened tae my father, but I wear the luck of Therese's cross around my neck now and she has the luck of my Clan talisman. We'll gi' them back, once we see each other again, so stop yer worryin', ye sound more like yer sister everyday, I swear tae Christ Almighty, ye do."

Garreth slung his arm over Grayson's shoulder and laughed, pulling him up the rest of the stairs towards their rooms. Grayson remained more stoic and less jubilant about the news. He had bad feelings about the whole affair from the beginning and this was just making matters worse.

After the surgeon checked Therese out and made sure she was okay, applying a tinctured ointment to the scratches, she set about finishing what needed to be done before her departure the following day. Sitting at her writing desk, she wrote two letters and folded them, sealing them with her blue wax seal, addressing them, and holding them in each of her hands.

In the left, a letter to Douglas, stating her intentions to leave and remain in France to see to her Chateau and estate. She regretted any inconvenience that this may cause him, but wished him well in his position and future prospects, signing it now with her new title, Lady Therese de Mornay de Trecesson.

In her right, a letter to her love, Garreth. A collection of every heart-felt word she imagined, expressing her love for him. She gave directions to her chateau and an invitation to join her there. She gave her word and heart, that she was his alone and would wait for him. She took the opportunity to ask the question that had burned in her since their arrival. Did he know Arabella MacDonald of Tioram? If he did, could he please get word to her of what has happened and to write to her.

She dropped the letter in her left hand on the desk, its address completing anything more she had to do with it. She looked at the name on the one in her right and felt her heart swoon with passion, knowing her words inside would soon find a heart such as hers and adore them.

She got up and locked the door to her room, before unlacing her boots and retrieving the stone pressed tightly against her calf. She slid the boots off and rubbed her calf where the stone had been, noticing the impression of a bull's head imprinted in the skin. She smiled at the thought of being imprinted with Garreth's love and with great care, used her pen to carefully trace the outline on her skin. She fanned the ink dry and then took her hand mirror and looked at it sitting on her leg, the same leg Garreth had gazed upon earlier. The passion bloomed in her loins at how he made her feel, wanting to do nothing more, than be with him always.

Therese re-dressed and set about packing everything left in the trunk for her journey, the rest already stowed aboard ship. She picked up the letter to Garreth and opened the top buttons on her high-collared bodice, sliding the letter between the satiny material and the silkiness of her skin over her heart, before closing them again. She took the other one for Douglas and put it in a small bag she carried, before calling for the servants to collect the rest of her things and have them taken aboard ship. She had planned on seeing Garreth before she left, in some way getting him alone and giving him the letter and a final kiss farewell, one that left a burning in his heart, as she felt for him. Once aboard ship, she would send the other letter before they sailed, so the Earl would read it long after she was gone, hoping he would let her go in peace.

Once everything was removed, she took one last look around, quietly thanking herself it would be her last time. She closed the door and walked down the hall to where Garreth and Grayson had adjoining rooms. She rapped lightly on the door and hoped he was inside, granting her the private moment she desired with him. Garreth opened the door and felt his heart flutter at seeing Therese standing there. He felt dumbstruck for words at what to say, knowing Grayson was just behind him.

"Lady Therese. A pleasure tae see ye once again. How are ye feeling now?" he said, shifting his eyes to let her know he wasn't alone.

"A pleasure to see you too, M'Laird. I am much better, thank you. May I have a word with you?" A big smile came across her face, as she motioned for him to come into the hall.

Garreth looked back over his shoulder at Grayson sitting on the chair by the window, then turned back and led Therese out into the hall. Therese looked into his eyes and took his hands, quickly looking down the hallway.

"I wanted to see you once more before I left for the ship. I have something I wish to give to you."

Therese looked down at her bosom and started to undo the buttons, exposing the cleavage of her breasts. She could hear the gasp from Garreth and looked up at him smiling coyly. She reached in and retrieved the letter, handing it to him delicately, before closing the exposure to her femininity.

"Read this after I have left, dear Garreth. Mon coeur vous attend en Trecesson."

With that, Therese leaned forward, offering up her lips to him. Garreth took hold of her and met her lips with his, enjoying once more the joy in his heart and the stir in his loins. The sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, broke them apart, but still joined in passion with their eyes. Douglas rounded the corner and was upon the scene as it stood. He spoke as he walked the hall towards them.

"Lady Therese, I see you are packed and ready to sail at first light. Laird Garreth, thank you again for your help in rescuing her. My men have returned and described just what you have said. I commend you on your bravery." Douglas said, failing to mention the two men found, were members of the MacRae clan.

Both of them swallowed their lust and calmed themselves as quick as they could, as Douglas approached. Both put on smiles, brighter than need be, Garreth keeping the letter hidden at his side, as they watched the Earl walk up to them.

"It was my honour tae come tae her aid, M'Lord Earl."

Garreth looked back at Therese and smiled a more natural smile at her. Therese's softened as well, as their eyes flashed a spark of passion between them, before she looked back at Douglas.

"Yes my Lord. I have everything ready and I was just on my way to the village to purchase some things to take back with me. There are some foods I have grown fond of eating, that we don't have back in France. I also wanted to thank Laird Garreth once again as I said, for saving my life and my dignity. Now that I am over the shock, I can thank him properly."

Therese turned back to Garreth and looked into his eyes deeply one last time. Kissing her fingertips, she placed them on the cross over his heart, lightly touching him, a show of affection Douglas noticed with interest.

"Laird Garreth, I owe you my life and my eternal gratitude for what you have done for me. I can never thank you enough, or show you in any way, how much it means to me."

Garreth closed his eyes and bowed his head slowly to her.

"The honour is mine, M'Lady, tae know that ye are safe and well."

In a final moment of connection, Therese kissed Garreth's cheek and placed her palm over it afterwards, wanting the connection to last foever. Therese was hesitant in wanting to take her hand away, but did and held them to her sides. She bowed her head with a curtsey in return, then turned to join Douglas, an inquisitive look on his face and allowed him to escort her out. She ached once again, not being able to ask Garreth if he knew Arabella. It was her hope now that her letter would bring her news of her time in Scotland and her desire to see her.

Garreth watched her walk with Douglas and turn to go down the stairs, her head turning one last time to look at him, before vanishing from his life. The pain was as sharp as a dirk in his heart, feeling for the first time, the pains of love divided. He held the letter up and looked at the graceful calligraphy of Therese's writing, then smelled the essence of her on the paper.

Grayson opened the door, after hearing all the voices and saw Garreth standing awash in the glow of love, smelling the fragrance from the letter.