Blood of the Clans Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yer the filth of Lucifer and it gi'es me pleasure tae send ye's back tae him. Ye'll stand and watch what yer fate is. Know that in Hell, ye've committed sins tae warrant this." Sorley's words bringing a sickened look of pure fear to William's eyes.

Two men stood on either side of John, razor-sharp battle axes, at the ready. They looked to Sorley for the order to carry out the punishment and Sorley once again raised his hand, but made the Sign of the Cross on himself, instead of John.

"Time tae feed the fish of Jesus, men. Begin the Judgement." Sorley told the two men.

The axes were raised above the men's heads together and in unison they came down and chopped the feet off of John. The ringing of steel on stone was barely heard, as John's horrific screams almost drowned it out. Again they came down and John felt the slicing through his knees. Blood gushed forth from the severed limbs, John's crying out in pain, gut-wrenching, until once again, the blades came down and removed the rest of his legs. William stood in stock horror at seeing John being dismembered. The axes fell again and both arms came away cleanly, leaving only the torso and head left. Before the massive blood loss and shock could take him, the blades came down together and John's head was rendered from his body.

The men picked up his pieces and tossed them as far out into the water as they could, turning the waters red. As weakened by the sight as he was, William struggled to avoid meeting his fate. He was roughly picked up and dropped to the Rock of Judgement, then bound the same as John was.

"No, please I beg of ye, don't do this tae me." William pled through his tears.

No one paid any attention to him, as they looked at Sorley for the command. Sorley signed himself again and nodded his head. Once again the blending screams of man with the ringing steel, rang out, as they began severing William's lower limbs. When only his head was left, Sorley looked into the near-lifeless eyes of William. He drew his Claymore and by his own hand, severed William's head. He poked the end of it into the neck opening and held it up for all to see.

"This is what we fight against, men. The evils of men like this and those bastard English."

With that, Sorley drew back his arm and then let the head fly from his sword, as it arched a trail of blood from it. The pieces of William were then thrown out to join those of John. The men stood for a moment and looked at the bloodied waters, signing themselves, before turning to go up to the castle. Once the tide came back in, the rock would be washed clean, of the traces of judgement carried out on it.

Therese was afforded every courtesy and priviledge and a woman sent to bathe her. A young woman named, Moira, knocked at the door and asked Therese to follow her. She led her to another room, where a large tub of hot water sat in front of the fireplace. Moira assisted Therese in undressing and admired her, as she stood naked in the warm firelight.

Therese closed her eyes and held her hair in abundance on her head, as she enjoyed the feeling of the sweat and dirt being cleaned from her. Therese felt the sensations race through her body, as Moira ran the cloth over her body, her hand caressing her skin, as she washed. Therese's pale, pink crowns, swelled from her breasts in response to the stimulating feelings, as Moira carefully and gently cleaned every inch of Therese, leaving a measure of attention with her touch. As Therese felt the cloth run through the fine, black hairs between her legs, she parted her feet and allowed Moira to clean her intimately.

At that moment, Therese understood what Arabella was feeling that day, so long ago. She felt the shudders race through her in waves, as they emanated from Moira's touch. Moira saw the reaction to her touch and the flushing on Therese's skin. With a slight shift of her body and a sighing moan, Therese offered herself for Moira to continue, with a breathy whispered "Yes." Moira soaked the cloth in the warm water again and allowed her fingers to press against her more firmly.

In the swirling ecstasy of her thoughts, Garreth burst into view before her and she felt the heat build in her core. Moira softly stroked her fingers back and forth along the swelling lips and caught wind of Therese's scent. Soft whimpers came from Therese every time she reached a certain point, so she paid a greater frequency to it and Therese's moans grew in intensity. Moira became frightened and stopped, but Therese quickly motioned for her to continue, pressing her hand against Moira's to spur the feelings coming from her. In moments, Therese shuddered and twitched, as she was consumed by the glorious feelings of bliss.

Moira watched, as Therese writhed sensuously, a low throaty groan accompanying it. She smiled in embarrassment at what she had done, as Therese turned her head and through half-opened eyes, smiled back at her. Moira quickly went back to washing and moved down Therese's legs. Therese remembered her imprint and stopped her. She took the cloth and carefully washed around the faint outline on her calf, then once again, kissed her fingertips and placed them gently on it.

Moira looked at the faint impression on Therese's calf and had to ask her what it was.

"Bring me my purse, Moira." Moira went to the table and brought it back.

Therese opened it and took out the amulet. "See the head of the bull?" she showed her and put it against her thigh. She pressed it against the outline and then took it away, defining it more. Moira looked at Therese with wonder as to why she did it.

"It is the Luck of Dunvegan and the love of my Garreth that imprints my skin. Before I left Scotland, I traced the outline with ink, but it is fading now." Therese said, as she held the amulet to her breast.

Moira delicately touched it and felt the slight impression of it, then looked up at Therese and smiled. She too liked the idea of something so personal being a part of her. Moira dried off Therese and re-dressed her, then combed out her waist-length hair, before wrapping it up on her head and pinning it again, while Therese held the stone and felt Garreth filling her heart. She left the chambers and Moira led her to the kitchen, where hot food and refreshing drink was ready for her. She thanked her for her courtesies, giving a small kiss to her cheek, then sat and hungrily ate and drank to fill the emptiness in her stomach, the lack of manners and graces in eating, being taken over by her forced starvation.

As she ate, Sorley came in and joined her at the table. A plate of fatty bacon, several apples, a large end of bread and a cup of warmed cider were brought to him. He looked at Therese eating joyfully, knowing she must be starved from her lack of food to eat on her journey.

"Is it tae yer liking, Lady Therese? Is there anything we can get fer ye?" Sorley asked her, addressing her now to befit her title.

"Oui, merci beaucoup. Pardon, monsieur, but I do not know your name." Therese asked, realizing that through all of the events, his name was never mentioned.

Sorley stood up and introduced himself properly to Therese. "I am Sorley Boy MacDonnell, the Chief of MacDonnell's of Antrim, M'Lady." Sorley bowed graciously to her and then sat again.

"I have heard this name, MacDonnell before. When I was with the Earl, I overheard that name being spoken." Therese told him with a look of slight puzzlement at the connection.

"MacDonnell? What did his Lordship ha'e tae say aboot us?" Sorley asked, unaware of the actual connection.

"There is a battle, a war, taking place near where the Earl resides. A man, a disgusting, vile man, James MacRae. He is at war with the MacDonnell's. He has attacked a castle called..." Therese sat and tried to think of the name of the castle in question.

"Eilean Donan? Is that it?" Sorley asked, knowing his other closer relations were at the seat of it.

"Oui, yes, that is the name." Therese confirmed to him.

Sorley looked at Therese for a moment longer and then to the men around him.

"Men, we must make fer Tioram wi' all haste, once Lady Therese is ready tae sail. We ha'e tae leave her wi' Lady Arabella and Laird Grayson MacDonald and then make fer Donan and gi'e them oor aid. Ha'e the men assemble and ready all birlinns fer battle."

Sorley's brothers and sons bowed and quickly left the kitchen, barking out the orders to everyone. The sounds of preparation filled the kitchen, as Therese and Sorley sat and ate.

"I know that the castle was re-taken by Laird Garreth and Laird Grayson. They came to the Earl with four men as prisoners. They were waiting for the Earl to conduct a trial for the crimes the MacRae men committed." Therese told Sorley, trying to remember anything that would be of help to him.

"Donan's been taken back by the MacDonnell's?" Sorley asked with hope in his eyes.

"Oui, I heard it being said to the Earl, by Laird Grayson, that they had. I do not know if it is still so, but before I left for France, Laird Garreth told me of what had happened." Therese confirmed as much as she could to him.

Sorely looked away and tried to think of the state of affairs his relative's clan was in. If the Earl was backing James MacRae, then the clans would be facing not only the MacRae's, but the King's army as well. Remembering that the two lieutenants were sailing an royal galley, meant that trained English soldiers and more could be heading to them, to take it back. He rose and bowed to Therese, excusing himself to join his men.

He went out and watched the men amassing weapons and siege equipment into their birlinns. He saw Colla and called him over, talking to him in seriousness of what he knew.

"Colla, Lady Therese has told me that the Earl of Huntly is backing this attack, along wi' support from his bastard brother, in England. They'll be ootnumbered by them and face being wiped oot by them. They'll ha'e cannons and better weapons than oor men, making it impossible tae beat them. Send word oot tae the clans on Kintyre and Islay and any of them here, that are willing tae help us. We'll need tae raise a force that can stand against their army. The need fer haste must be gi'en full measure, if we're tae help them in time. I'll sail wi' Lady Therese tae Tioram and talk wi' Laird Grayson and see what his plans are. Wi' God's grace, we may be able tae prevent a sacking and take o'er by them."

"I'll send oot riders noo, Sorley, while I sail o'er tae Kintyre and raise the alarm. If yer right, it'll be God's grace that we make it in time." Colla told his brother, with growing trepidations they wouldn't arrive in time to help.

Colla and Sorley hugged each other, then shook wrists with a strength of conviction in their eyes. Colla hurried down to his birlinn and had his men push it off and immediately set oars in the water, rowing as hard as they could to gain speed. The sail was raised and gathered the off-shore breezes, pushing the birlinn up to the full speed of the wind quickly. Sorley returned to the kitchen and saw Therese was finished eating.

"Lady Therese, I must ask that ye join me with all haste, so that we can reach Tioram and know of what is happening. I need tae let them know we are wi' them and set oot plans tae aid them."

"I am ready, Laird Sorley. Let us be off and I too wish for a hasty journey to Tioram as well."

Sorley took Therese's arm and assisted her, as fast as they could, over the steep rocks that led from the castle to the shore. He had his men help her into the boat, as he prepared to launch it with two others, once she was settled. In moments the scraping of the hull stopped as deeper waters floated the vessel. The oars were brought out and sixteen men pulled hard on the oars, as the pale, blue sail was raised once more. A loud pop took Therese by surprise and frightened her, as the sail gathered the winds and they too made top speed in short measure.

Therese's heart was a mix of emotions once more. The threat of the Earl gone once again. The deepest desire to see Arabella at once being realized, and in her heart, the love of Garreth coming into focus, that it would be shared with him again shortly. For all the wonderful joys she was imagining, her fears held them in check, with the threat of war possibly ending them, before she could see them all again.

12