Blood or Love Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Chamey returned, he breathed a sigh of relief to see Jack in the same spot. But he had a look on his face like the end of the world had come.

"What's wrong? You didn't eat someone, did you? That was a joke, by the way."

"Dr. Kitcher left a message on my cell. They couldn't pick me up. Some emergency."

"What? Oh, man. I hope it's not the League."

Jack rubbed the corner of one bleary eye. "When I called back, the lab was already closed for the day."

"Man, that sucks."

"I couldn't get hold of Kim or my sister either. This is a fucking disaster."

"Don't panic. Let's just figure out plan B. So what are we gonna do?"

"You aren't gonna do anything. The doctor wants me to meet them at Forsyth Park at six in the morning. They'll give me the injection and take me on to the lab. It's just a little more time than I thought it would be."

Chamey shook his head. "A whole night. Man, that's not good."

"No, it's not."

Chamey stared at the passing crowds, trying to think. He checked his watch. "Then I'm definitely gonna stick with you and protect people from you. We have the whole night together. Cool."

"Not cool. I could lose my mind and kill you."

"Someone has to look out for you, and for everyone else in town. Besides, I'm not as helpless as you think."

Jack gave him a look that said he thought differently. "No, I should probably be alone."

"That's the worst thing you could do, is be alone tonight. I'm staying with you." Chamey motioned to Jack. "Come on. Let's get out of here."

"I don't know-"

"Man, just zip it already. I'm staying with you 'til you get in that truck tomorrow morning."

Jack stood slowly. "I feel like I should make you sign a waiver or something. It's dangerous, do you understand that? I'll do my best, but..."

"It's just twelve hours. I can survive that long."

Jack picked up his luggage and started for the car rental counter. "I hope you're right."

12