Blood Relations Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wow," John said. "I think that's the first I've seen you smile all day."

Serena looked down at him and was about to speak when the door to the office opened. They both looked towards their guest.

"What the fuck is this?" Adam asked.

Serena straightened up, unsure how to respond. Anger flared through her body at Adam's words.

"Mr. Parrish," John said. "A pleasure as always."

"What the hell is he doing here?" Adam asked. "And why were you all over him?"

"I think the real question is what are you doing here," Serena said.

She crossed her arms willing to match Adam's unjustified anger.

"I wanted to take you to lunch," Adam said. "But I can see you already have company."

The way he spit the words out Serena could almost hear pain in his voice. He went for the door and Serena stepped forward, but then felt John reach up and grab her wrist.

"Let him go," John said.

Serena looked down at John as if there were no way he could possibly be serious. She pulled her arm away from him without breaking eye contact.

"Don't ever grab me," she said.

She made her way to the door and walked outside, expecting to see Adam walking down the street, but she looked both ways and didn't see him in either direction. Serena went to the back of the building, but he still wasn't anywhere in eye sight. Either he ran away at the speed of lightning or vanished into thin air. It didn't make any sense.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Adam walked back into his apartment he slammed the door behind him, shaking the frame. He went straight into his room and slammed that door too. He didn't understand what was getting into him. He was not the jealous type. A light tap came on his door.

"What?" Adam yelled with a growl.

"Just want to make sure everything is OK," Piper said.

"Fine," Adam said. "You can come in."

He stopped in front of his dresser and leaned forward, rubbing his hands through his hair. He heard his sister walk in and sit down on his bed, but another pair of feet followed her. Adam spun around to see Thomas sitting next to her, holding her hand.

"What are you doing here?" Adam asked.

"Yesterday you called me a coward for hiding," Thomas said. "So I took that as an invitation to actually meet you."

"I have problems of my own," Adam said. "I don't have time to deal with whatever you two think this is."

Adam pointed at the both of them and moved his finger.

"Well forget that your sister is my ma-," Thomas paused. "Partner, and just talk to us like we're both your friends."

Adam thought that was a dumb idea, but Thomas looked so pleased with himself. His large smile made him look like an over grown kid. Piper seemed to appreciate his idea and gave him a rub on his back. Adam groaned and looked away.

"Fine," Adam said. "Malcolm got to Serena. I was certain she was going to stop in and see me yesterday and she didn't. Then I went to take her to lunch and she was practically sitting in John's lap."

"John Bishop?" Piper asked.

"Who is John Bishop?" Thomas asked.

"Member of our pack, about our age, super tall and gangly guy but very sweet," Piper said.

"He's an asshole," Adam said. "And Malcolm's errand boy. There is no way he is actually into Serena, he was probably just there because Malcolm ordered him to keep her distracted from me."

"Wait," Piper said. "Do you like Serena now?"

"What?" Adam asked. "No!"

"Then why does it matter to you if John is into her or not?" Thomas asked. "Seems like Malcolm just found someone to play the exact same game you are for his team."

Adam looked at Thomas wide eyed.

"What?" Thomas asked. "These are thin walls, I've heard your and Piper's talks and she has filled me in on the rest."

"What did you do when you saw John there?" Piper asked.

"The usual," Adam said. "Flipped out and ran away."

"That's not the usual," Piper said. "You've never minded a little competition before."

"After seeing the look on Malcolm's face yesterday when I was holding Serena's hand I realized I will never get another opportunity to screw him over this good," Adam said. "I can't pass it up. Getting my revenge is so close."

"What is your end game here?" Thomas asked.

"Ideally flaunt my relationship with Serena in front of Malcolm for a while, then get in her pants and break her heart. Leaving Malcolm to deal with the wrecked human he is so interested in."

"That's harsh," Thomas said.

"She's only here for ten weeks," Adam said, ignoring Thomas' comment. "And I would like to get this done quickly. Breaking her heart right before she moves away won't me as much satisfaction, but every time I make progress something sets me back."

"Well yelling at her like a jealous freak and then running away probably wasn't a good idea," Piper said. "Look I think this whole plan is a terrible idea, because the one who is going to end up getting hurt it Serena, and she hasn't done anything, but I know you well enough to know that you're going to go through with this no matter what."

"Very true," Adam said. "But what's my next step?"

"Apologize," Thomas said. "Then tell her you wouldn't be so jealous if you knew she wasn't dating anyone else. Say something like I know you're not ready or a relationship, but I need to know you're not thinking about pursuing anything with anyone else, because once you are ready it will be me who is going to stand beside you."

Adam stared at Thomas with an open mouth.

"Wow baby," Piper said. "That was really good."

The tall blond guy turned towards Piper and she put her hands around his neck. They were about to kiss.

"Eww," Adam said. "Not in my room. Get out of here!"

They stood up from the bed and Thomas grabbed Piper's hand, pulling her to the door.

"Good luck man," Thomas said.

Thomas didn't wait for a response and Piper gave a little wave with a giddy smile plastered on her face. Adam closed the door behind him and turned on some music, trying not to think about what his little sister was doing across the hall. Even though it had only been for five minutes talking to Thomas wasn't all that bad. He didn't believe in mates, but maybe Thomas could be a good boyfriend to his sister. Maybe.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Look I really am sorry," John said for the umpteenth time.

"It's fine," Serena said. "Just don't do it again."

She glared at him over her monitor. She wasn't sure it was fine, but people were being so vague about how long Piper was going to be gone for that she might get stuck with John and didn't want to work in silence.

"Parrish can be such a hot head," John said. "I know we just met, but you seem like a really nice person. I would hate to see him hurt you."

"Why would you think that?"

"He's your stereotypical bartender, only cares about himself, plows his way through woman, shows no respect to anyone," John said.

"Why do I get the vibe you've been told to coach me against him?" Serena asked.

Based on Adam's past and demeanor she could see some of these things being true, but thinking back to their night on the balcony she had a hard time believing that was his current lifestyle. Then Serena remembered him punching the wall outside the club and screaming at her this afternoon. Maybe he did have some anger management to work out.

"I..uh...I don't know...who...why," John was stumbling with his words.

He was saved when the phone started to ring. The noise surprised Serena since it was the first time she had heard it go off in her short tenure here. She picked it up.

"Hawkins accounting," Serena said. "How can I help you?"

"Serena, it's Malcolm," he said. "I was just calling to see how John was working out?"

"He has been a help," Serena said. "Very hands on."

Serena gave John a smirk and his cheeks turned red.

"Good to hear," Malcolm said. "I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house for dinner this evening?"

"I would hate to impose," Serena said. In all reality she thought it was strange her boss wanted her over to his house.

"I insist," Malcolm said. "My wife looks for any reason to entertain. I will send a car for you at 6:30."

Serena didn't realize Malcolm was married, if his wife was going to be there it would be a little less awkward.

"Sure," Serena said.

"Wonderful," Malcolm said. "Tell John to come too."

Before Serena could respond the line went dead. She shook her head, Malcolm needed to learn some subtleties.

"I am so sorry about grabbing you," John said. "Please stop punishing me."

"Don't worry," Serena said. "Now you're being rewarded. Dinner at Malcolm's house. A car is coming to pick us up at 6:30."

"It's already five," John said.

He started to clean up his desk and turn off the computer.

"Where's the fire?" Serena asked.

"I have to go home, shower, change," John said. "I recommend you do the same."

Serena looked down at her peach dress. She thought it was more than appropriate for dinner at someone's home.

"Malcolm's wife drips elegance," John said. "I would dress like you're going to a wedding. Trust me. Without your hair perfect and whatever you ladies put on your faces done to a T you will feel underdressed. See you at 6:30."

John sprinted to the door and Serena stood in shock as he made his way down the street. Was he serious? Either way, Serena had enough work for the day. She shut down her computer and thought getting a little fancier couldn't hurt.