Blood Relations Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I want a VIP table with bottle service for me and my friends, with you as our personal server," John said.

"Done," Adam replied.

He couldn't believe he agreed to that so quickly. John and his friends hated Adam. Working for them would be a long night.

"She went to lunch with your sister," John said.

"Piper left the apartment?" Adam asked. "Why didn't she tell me she was going to see Serena?"

Adam hadn't meant to say his thoughts out loud.

"I don't know," John said. "But she looked good. I was a little jealous of her. I'm ready for that step."

There was no way Adam wanted to listen to John whine about finding a mate.

"And where was she last night?" Adam asked.

"We had dinner at Malcolm's house," John said.

"What is his obsession with her?" Adam asked.

"He asked me the same thing about you last night," John said. "I'm going to give you the same answer I did him. I. Don't. Know."

"How mad is she at me?" Adam asked.

"How much information are you expecting for this trade?" John asked.

"Just answer the question," Adam said.

"I don't know," John said. "Maybe like a three? Not much. Women are hard to read and she really doesn't like talking about you."

Adam was happy she wasn't that angry, but the not talking about him gave him some worry.

"Malcolm thinks the only reason you're into her is to piss him off," John said.

"That would imply that he does have some strange interest in her," Adam replied.

"He claims he just feels bad for her," John said. "You heard about her family?"

"They died," Adam said. "She told me."

"What a terrible way to go," John said. "You know it happened right in front of her?"

Adam nodded.

"I can't imagine seeing that," John said. "I bet she has some major issues."

"I've never known Malcolm to be interested in charity cases," Adam said. "There has to be something more."

"If you care about his reason then he must be right," John said. "You are only after her to piss him off."

Adam felt his eyes flash with anger. John gave him a smug smile.

"We want our table Friday," John said. "Start it at 10."

"Nobody is in there Fridays at 10," Adam said. "Wait until midnight."

"Nope," John said. "I want to get the night started early. See you then."

Adam rolled his eyes and left the shop. That was a dumb deal he had made. No new information was gathered. If any good could come of today, he hoped Piper was speaking his praises to Serena.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

"Kay is nice, but she is a little out there," Piper said.

Serena spent most of the lunch hearing details about Thomas. He was a firefighter a few states over, here for a month long vacation. Every time he spoke Piper looked at him with wonderment. Serena was interested in his stories, but when the conversation switched to her week she jumped on the topic.

"But , asking me to move in with them," Serena said. "That's strange right? Is Malcolm always so involved with the interns?"

"You're the first one I've had," Piper said. "Did you know Malcolm before this?"

"Nope," Serena said. "I'd never even heard of Juliet Indiana. About three weeks ago I got an e-mail advertising the job. I applied, got hired the next day."

"Malcolm is a decent guy," Piper said. "At least most of the time."

"He doesn't hide the fact he hates Adam," Serena said.

It had been over twenty-four hours since Piper's brother had burst into the shop, acting possessive and jealous over John. After Serena's initial anger had settled she realized she sort of missed him.

"I have to admit, there is an ulterior motive for me inviting you to lunch," Piper said.

Serena felt her heart drop, not Piper too.

"If you're going to warn me to stay away from your brother," Serena said. "That he's a player, selfish, will break my heart, you can save it. I've heard the speech a few times now."

"Actually I was going to say the opposite," Piper said.

"You're going to give him a plug?" Serena asked.

"Not exactly," Piper said. "We didn't have the easiest childhood, and then Adam got in all that trouble with Josephine."

"He told me," Serena said.

"Ever since then he has changed," Piper said. "But he doesn't want to admit it to himself. He used to be a player, but you're the first girl he's taken an interest in since her. I think the feelings he has for you are...confusing."

"What are you saying?" Serena asked.

"I can't betray his confidence," Piper said. "But I can say that I believe, 100% that he actually cares a lot about you, even if sometimes he is in denial about it."

"He seems pretty eager to admit to me that he cares," Serena said.

"Yes," Piper said. "But I don't know if he is as eager to admit that to himself. I know it sounds bizarre, but I guess all I am trying to say is don't hurt him."

Serena was shocked. She never expected to hear that.

"If you don't like him then walk away now," Thomas said. "No harm done. We can all keep being friends."

"I've been so concerned with him hurting me I never thought about it the other way," Serena said.

"He is far from perfect," Piper said. "And I can't predict what he will do, but..."

"The boy has it bad," Thomas finished with a smirk.

Piper gave him a playful punch. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gave her a kiss on her head.

"When you said we were driving for lunch I didn't think it would be this far," Serena said.

The Chinese restaurant was about an hour away. Serena had a feeling the rest of her afternoon at work was blown.

"Juliet is a little hidden away from every other city," Piper said. "Sometimes it's nice to get out of town."

"What are your plans this weekend?" Serena asked.

Piper dove right in and Serena listened intently, but in the back of her mind she kept repeating the new information. Maybe Adam was more vulnerable than he wanted to let on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The rest of the day was uneventful. Serena thought about going to the club to visit Adam once she got off, but had no idea what time he started working. Ever since his little temper tantrum yesterday she hadn't heard from him. She decided it was best to let him cool off.

The cooler May nights were starting to disappear. Serena dragged a stool out on her balcony along with one of the few books she brought with her for the summer. She tried her hardest to focus on the plot, but her eyes kept looking down towards the club. She couldn't put her finger on it, but ever since her first night here she was drawn to that place. There was something there for her, but she had no idea what, not wanting to admit to herself it might be Adam.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"It's almost five," Lance said. "I have to head back before the sunrise."

"I don't think I need to crash at your place any longer," Adam said.

"I see," Lance said. "Did you accept the fact your sister has a mate?"

"No," Adam said. "I don't believe in mates, but Piper's boyfriend doesn't seem so bad. They even put in a good word for me with Serena today."

"You've barely mentioned the baby doll," Lance said, his voice heavy with sarcasm.

"Tonight I'm picking up where I left off," Adam said. "Piper said she told Serena I really like her."

"So your sister told her the truth?" Lance asked.

Adam moved his head back and dropped the rag he was using to wipe down the bar.

"You know that little miss means nothing to me," Adam said.

"Say that enough times and it might come true," Lance said. "Miracles do happen."

"Get out of here before you turn to dust," Adam said.

"Ouch," Lance said. "Someone is sensitive."

"I meant from the sun rising," Adam said.

He gave his friend a look. There was no way Lance could think Adam would ever do anything to hurt him. After all, he was one of the few who stuck by him over the past year. Adam was about to tell him that, but the vampire put his drink down and vanished. Adam laughed and shook his head. He hated the way the man could just disappear like that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There was a pounding on Serena's door. She shot up in bed, scared she had over slept. She grabbed her phone, it was barely six. The pounding continued and Serena ran to the door, pulling it open without thinking. Standing in the frame was Adam. There was sweat on his brow and his green eyes were more intense than ever.

"What are you doing here?"

"I needed to see you," Adam said.

Serena started backing into the loft. He followed her inside. She suddenly became very self-conscious of how she was dressed, in only a skimpy tank top and her hipster cut panties. If she turned around Adam would get more than enough view of her body.

"Let me grab a robe," Serena said.

She knew she didn't have one and wasn't sure why that slipped out. Adam brought his hands up to her shoulders, gripping them lightly but enough to let her know she wasn't going anywhere.

"I'm a jealous guy," Adam said. "I can work on it, but I won't change over night. If you don't want to date me, because of something I've done or some personality defect I have, or my past I understand. Let me know and I will be out of your life. But if you don't want to date me because of something internal to you it's not fair to date other people. I am more than willing to wait. I want to be the man you want, no the man you need."

Serena broke away from his glare. Was he still thinking something was going on with her and John?

"I'm not dating anyone," Serena said. "Guy or girl."

"Why not me?" Adam asked.

"We've been over this," Serena said.

She looked back up at him ready to state her case again when his lips came crashing down on hers. His hands moved up to her face and he started to move his lips, begging hers to part. She froze, but one of his hands slid down her side slowly, sending sparks through her. She let out a small moan and his tongue entered her mouth. Serena gave in and started kissing him back. She brought her hands up to his shoulders and he scooped her down, wrapping her legs around his waist and grabbing on to her ass.

He carried her to the bed, but instead of lying her down he sat on the edge, so they were sitting up with her in control. Serena felt his hands rub up and down her back, pulling her closer without ever breaking their liplock. His kiss deepened, as his tongue caressed hers. She felt the air leave her body and she needed to break away to take a breath. Adam kissed his way down her chin, stopping when he reached her neck.

"I'm not ready for this," Serena said.

"Relax," Adam said. "This is as far as I'm letting you get today."

Before she could respond he pressed his tongue against her neck and ran it back up just below her ear, sending chills down her spine. He nipped at her lobe and she felt herself grow damper as his mouth worked on sensitive areas she didn't even know she had.

Suddenly a loud beep went off. Serena let out a groan. She left her phone in the kitchen, setting it on the counter when she had let Adam inside. He stopped his assault on her ear and brought his hand up to the back of her neck, forcing her to lock eyes with her.

"I mean it," Adam said. "I plan on making you wait, until you are begging me to take you, and then I am only going to make you wait longer."

Everything he was saying and doing was making Serena's head spin. She didn't know how to respond. He pulled her in for one more deep kiss. When he broke away her forehead was pressed against his.

"Why don't you go get the alarm," Adam said.

"I can't do this all morning," Serena said. "I have to take a shower, get ready for work."

Adam nodded. Serena stood up, and walked towards the kitchen.

"Just looking at your ass makes me want to cum," Adam said.

She smiled and grabbed the phone. As she silenced the alarm Adam's hands were around her waist and he was kissing her neck again. She leaned into him, before spinning around hoping he would take her back to the bed.

"I can sense your desire for me growing already," Adam said. "But I told you, you have to wait like a good girl."

Serena let out a laugh while Adam grinned at her, his eyes still looking so intense.

"Go get in that shower," Adam said.

"Are you leaving?" Serena asked.

"Do you want me to stay?" Adam asked.

"Well...if you just got off work, I mean there won't be anyone here if you need to crash for the day."

Adam looked down at her and bit his lip nodding his head. Serena had to fight the urge to grab his head and kiss him again. She wanted to be the one biting that lip.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Work was long. Serena couldn't stop picturing Adam, remembering flashes of his lips on hers. She wanted to go see him on her lunch break, but remembered he was only asleep for a few hours and had to work tonight. She was almost relieved when John strolled in around noon with some food for them.

It was almost six when Serena decided to call it a day. She wondered if Adam was still in her apartment. He hadn't stopped in the office to say goodbye and she was giddy to see him again.

"Dinner tonight Smiley?" John asked.

"Huh?" Serena asked.

"You've been nothing but smiles all day," John said. "Do you want to do dinner tonight?"

"I think I'm just staying in," Serena said.

"Perfect," John said. "I can cook for you. Remember that chicken recipe I was telling you about on Tuesday? I'll run to the store and be at your place in an hour."

"Umm," Serena started to say.

"Just as friends," John said. "Keep your mind out of the gutter."

Serena wanted to say no, but couldn't think of a reason why. There was nothing for her to do tonight.

"Sure," she said. "I'll see you in an hour."

She locked up the office and raced up the stairs, hoping to see Adam before he left for work. Her smile dropped when she walked into an empty apartment. She took off her shoes, disappointed that John was coming up and she couldn't head over to the club.

Before she could get too sad there was a note on the counter.

Little Miss,

How hard was it to go the whole day without coming up here and jumping on me? I am proud of you for waiting like a good girl. If you want me to come back when I get off, leave the door unlocked.

Adam

Serena felt the smile return to her lips. If he had requested she would have left the door swinging wide open.

The hour went by fast. Serena spent most of it on the balcony, trying to read her book but staring at the nightclub. The sun set and she almost felt like there was a pang in her heart watching the building.

"Is the door open?" John yelled.

Serena stood up from her chair and looked over at him. He lifted up the two bags filled with groceries.

"Come on up," she said.

Instead of going inside Serena continued to stare at the building. It was strange though, the ache in her chest wasn't causing the image of Adam to pop before her eyes. She shook her head, everything was so confusing right now, but she knew she had enjoyed their morning kisses. Serena told herself there was nothing wrong with a little summer fling.

"Wow," John said. "Did Adam spend the night or something?"

"Sorry, what?" Serena asked as she walked back inside.

"This place reeks of him," John said.

"You can smell Adam?" Serena asked. "What does he wear some rare cologne or something?"

John looked taken aback.

"How did you hear that?" John asked.

"You mean the sentences you just spoke out loud?" Serena asked.

"Nevermind," John said. "But yea, Parrish smells just like his club."

"He didn't spend the night," Serena said. "Not that it's any of your business, but I let him crash here while I was at work. Are you going to tell Malcolm?"

"Why would you ask that?"

"Because on some bizarre level I feel like he is this father figure, and you're my big brother sent to watch me," Serena said.

John looked hurt.

"I'm sorry," Serena said. "I shouldn't have said that. I'm just on edge. Malcolm hasn't conveniently checked in on me since the dinner, which makes me a little suspicious."

"That's good right?" John asked. "I mean you made it out like his phone calls and stop ins were bothering you."

Serena shook her head, but turned it into a nod and started laughing.

"Maybe, and I mean maybe," John said. "Malcolm asked me to let him know how you are doing occasionally. But in the interest of the brother-sister relationship we have budding, I won't tell him anything you don't want me to and I am willing to bet everything with Adam is off limits?"

"Thank you," Serena said. "I want to keep mine and Malcolm's relationship professional."

John nodded and started unloading his bags.

"Well you get to be my helper tonight," John said. "So lets pull out these pots and pans and get going."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Once Adam was let go from work he ran straight to Serena's loft. He put his hand on the knob and relief filled his body when the door opened wide. His comfort vanished when he was hit with John's body odor. A growl involuntarily forced its way out of him, but then he heard Serena let out a moan. She was alone in her bed, the balcony doors wide open let the moonlight reflect over her body. Adam felt himself stiffen, she looked like a goddess.

He walked over to her, she had flung the covers off and she was a little upset she chose to cover herself more tonight. She had on a cotton t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Then she rolled over on her back and he saw her nipples were hard and poking through the thin fabric of her shirt. He had the urge to wrap his mouth around the small pebbles and flick them with his tongue. Imagining bringing her to orgasm by only touching her breasts made him go harder. If his plan was going to work he had to be careful with his restraint.

Needing a distraction Adam headed back to the kitchen. He saw the empty bottle of wine and dishes in the sink. With her tiny frame he was certain she had enough booze in her that he could clean up without waking her. Doing the dishes gave him a chance to focus his mind.

The tears were pouring down Adam's cheeks. His stomach hurt, then it moved to his head, and then finally stung through his entire body. He felt like his skin was going to melt off.

"Why should we help this degenerate?" Malcolm yelled. "We gave him his chance already, and that was more than he deserved."

Adam was in too much to pain to open his eyes, but he recognized both voices.

"He is a member of this pack," Hawkins said. "And he deserves everything we can give him."

"He abandoned this pack last month," Malcolm said. "As far as we should be concerned he is a rouge."

"I was not here," Hawkins said. "Clearly leaving you in charge for the summer was a poor decision on my part. Had I been here none of this would have happened. You let one of our most promising members turn into a drug addict, then actually gave him a choice? You should have called me earlier. I would have never let it gotten this far and would have forced him into rehab."

"Can't you see when you're making a poor choice?" Malcolm asked. "This lousy excuse for a wolf is no better than his father. We should have gotten rid of him all those years ago, but you insisted on second and third chances."

Even through the pain Adam had heard enough. He forced his eyes open and ran at Malcolm, pushing the older man against the wall by the neck.

"Don't you EVER say anything negative about my father," Adam said.

The fear in Malcolm's eyes was prominent, but then Adam's strength vanished. He dropped the man and keeled over all in one motion. Then everything went black.

Serena was an attractive, sexy, human. But more importantly a means to an end. That was it. Adam needed to remember that.

*****

Author's note: I am hoping that this chapter generated some more questions for you than gave you answers. Still pretty early on in the story. I do feel I'm at the point where I should forewarn readers that the working title of this was "sad story" so there is a chance that things aren't going to go so smoothly for anyone. As always thank you for taking the time to check this out and please rate/comment/ give me some feedback! Always love to hear your thoughts and (constructive) criticisms!

12