Blood Relations Ch. 05

Story Info
A very long night.
10.1k words
4.7
15.5k
30

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/10/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Out of all the ways Serena expected Adam to react, trying to kill Lance was not one of them. If Adam was just using her to get back at Malcolm why in the world did he care so much? Before she could ask Lance there was a tightness around her waist. The world took of spinning, flashes of color and a million different aromas over took Serena's senses.

As soon as the sensation began it was over. Serena fell over, but Lance was at her side.

"Find someone you know," Lance said. "I will be right back."

The support Serena was feeling disappeared and she bent her knees, putting her hands on them before she fell over. She tried her hardest to focus on breathing, sure she was going to throw up, pass out, or both. Then there was a hand on her back.

"Serena are you alright?" Piper asked. "Thomas can you pick her up?"

The words of protest couldn't make their way to Serena's lips as she was scooped up. She managed to turn her head before expelling the contents of her stomach onto what she assumed was Thomas' shoes. There was a parade of ewws that followed.

"You can put me down," Serena said. "I feel much better now."

Thomas wasted no time setting her back on her feet. Serena looked up to see she was back in the wolf part of town, there was a huge festival going on, she was on the sidewalk only slightly removed from the activity.

"How did I get here?" Serena asked.

"You're not here with Adam?" Piper asked. "Did you have too much to drink?"

"I'm so sorry about your shoes Thomas," Serena said.

"Maybe you should control your liquor a little better next time," Thomas said with a smile. "I'm going to run and find somewhere to wash them off."

Piper nodded at Thomas and he disappeared.

"Sit down," Piper said. "I will get you some water."

"Wait," Serena said. "I was with Lance, like a second ago. Then everything went spinny and when it stopped I was here. We have to find him."

"Why were you with Lance?" Piper asked.

"I know everything," Serena said. "He told me last night and Malcolm filled me in on the rest today. We have to help him."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Piper said.

"Werewolves, vampires, everything," Serena said.

She looked at Piper. The dark haired girl bit her lip, unsure how to move forward.

"Adam came after Lance," Serena said. "I don't know how I ended up here, but I have a feeling Lance is going back to Adam. We have to protect him."

"Wait," Piper said. "Adam did what?"

"He broke a pool cue and put it to Lance's chest. We have to stop him."

"Idiot," Piper said. "I don't think its Lance that needs our help. Where were they?"

"In the vampire area," Serena said. "The first bar on the west side of the street."

Piper took off running. Serena tried to keep up with her, but her head was still spinning too much. She didn't think she made it ten steps before collapsing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Do you want to tell me what's going on?" Lance asked.

Adam didn't even notice him appear. He was on his way to the woods, needing a moonlight run.

"Get out of my way before I end you," Adam said.

"You're just full of threats tonight," Lance said.

Adam continued walking, Lance stepped in front of him. Adam tried to push Lance out of the way, but he knew it wasn't possible. Truthfully he didn't know what he was thinking, threatening a vampire was never a smart thing and Lance was too old for Adam to even have a real chance.

"Did you fuck her?" Adam asked.

"No," Lance said. "I haven't laid a hand on her."

"You're supposed to be my friend," Adam said. "I asked you to make sure Serena got home last night for her safety, not so you could parade her all over town."

"She didn't want to go home," Lance said. "What was I supposed to do, drag her to her apartment? Sit and wait outside to make sure she didn't leave?"

Adam wanted to point out the flaws in Lance's explanation, but he was struggling to find even one.

"Just stay away from her," Adam said. "She's mine."

Adam tried his best to hold his ground. He kept eye contact with Lance, but the vampire did not look like he was about to back down, instead intrigue filled his face.

"You're obsessed with her," Lance said. "If you really cared about her you wouldn't have said such horrible things."

"No," Adam said. "I want to protect her."

"From me?" Lance asked. "Your best friend?"

It felt like all the air was sucked out of the world for a second. Adam didn't have a response. He let out a loud scream instead and started pacing.

"I don't understand what is happening," Adam said.

"I hate to ask this," Lance said. "But are you using?"

An uncontrollable growl came from Adam. He didn't understand how his friend could even think of asking that.

"I will take that as a no," Lance said. "You have to admit, that is how you are acting. Are you sure she's not your mate?"

Another growl came out of Adam.

"I was sure," Adam yelled. "But now I have no clue. I can't seem to think about anything else but her! It doesn't feel like love though...not the way it felt with Josephine."

"I'm not trying to take anyone," Lance said. "Believe it or not I want to protect her too. She's interesting, and there is something hanging over her. I can't quite figure it out."

Adam did not want to hear Lance sing Serena's praises. He ran his hands through his hair before letting out a loud sigh.

"I need to go for a run," Adam said. "Clear my head. If I can't keep her safe than I guess I would rather you do it."

Not wanting to hear a response Adam took off and didn't stop running. He shifted instantly and dashed into the woods, needing to try and get a handle on the situation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Serena was sitting on the ground, leaning against a building. She held the bag of ice against her forehead, wincing when she pulled it away.

"Take another drink," Piper said.

Serena offered no objection and sipped the water. Thomas and Piper both leaned over her.

"I have to go find my brother," Piper said. "Can you stay with her?"

"That won't be necessary," Lance said.

He appeared out of nowhere. Serena let out a groan.

"What did you do to him?" Piper asked, her voice was concerned not accusatory.

"I tried to talk with him," Lance said. "But I didn't get many answers before he shifted. I'm assuming he went for a run since he was headed nowhere in particular."

"He's never behaved like this before," Piper said. "I can't believe he threatened to stake you."

"I don't think he can control himself," Lance said.

"Is he doing drugs again?" Piper asked.

"The thought crossed my mind," Lance said. "I asked and he said no."

He bent down to Serena's eye level.

"What happened to you?" Lance asked.

"Someone traveled with me at a supersonic speed then vanished," Serena said.

"She threw up and then fell," Piper said.

Lance gave a little laugh.

"If you're going to do that again at least give me some warning," Serena said.

"I really want to go find Adam," Piper said.

"Go," Lance said. "I'll stay with Serena."

Piper nodded and took off with Thomas. Lance took a seat next to Serena, leaning against the building.

"Do you really think Adam is on drugs again?" Serena asked.

"It's the logical explanation," Lance said. "Are you scared?"

"I'm scared for him, not of him," Serena said. She let out a frustrated groan.

"What is happening?" Serena asked.

"Your guess is as good as mine," Lance said. "Do you want me to take you home?"

"The last place I want to go is home," Serena said.

"Can you stand up?"

Serena didn't answer him and instead started hoisting herself up. Lance reached down and grabbed her arm, helping her up.

"I'm all yours for the rest of the evening," Lance said. "What would you like to do then?"

The center of town was filled with people laughing and dancing, the music carried over to them, but crowds weren't a very pleasing idea at the moment. Serena pulled the bag of ice off her head. She felt Lance's hand on her forehead examining her and leaned in to him.

"Nasty fall," Lance said.

"Apparently there is a reason humans can't travel at semi-sonic speeds."

Serena gave him a smirk and he laughed.

"Let's walk," Lance said.

He offered Serena his arm and she gladly accepted it. Something about him gave her comfort.

"Will Adam be alright?" Serena asked.

"I don't know what's gotten into him," Lance said.

"Maybe it is a relapse," Serena said.

"I don't think so," Lance said. "He seems a little crazy, not high."

"Crazy is an understatement," Serena said. "He tried to kill you."

"Threatened."

"Huh?"

"He threatened to kill me," Lance said. "Adam knows how strong I am. He should have just used words. I bet by tomorrow the pool tables will be moved out."

"So wooden stakes do work?"

"Careful," Lance said. "I thought I made it clear that topic is off limits."

They were nearing the river. Serena saw the amusements to her left. Even though the town center was filled with people there was still a huge crowd down here.

"So everyone here is a supernatural?" Serena asked.

"With a few humans intermixed," Lance replied.

"How does Hawkins make sure?" Serena asked. "I could see an unsuspecting human accidentally booking a vacation here."

"There are protections in place," Lance said.

They made it to the riverbank and Lance headed North. The music from the town was now faint.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Serena asked.

"That's a phrase that I don't hear a lot anymore," Lance said.

"I figure you're used to old-timey sayings," Serena said.

Lance laughed and nodded.

"What was your favorite period? I always thought the 60s looked like a lot of fun."

"Everything blends together," Lance said. "You don't notice that things have changed until it's too late."

"What was your human life like?" Serena asked.

"Why so interested?"

"Because I can tell you have a lot of heavy stuff on your mind, hell I am trying not to collapse, so I want to distract you."

"I don't remember much," Lance said. "I don't want to."

"Were you married?" Serena asked.

Lance laughed and shook his head.

"What? Didn't people get married at fourteen back then?"

"Not that young," Lance said. "My family didn't have much money, so I wasn't considered a desirable match for most daughters. That and I was bordering on being a radical patriot, which didn't sit well with most."

"I can't picture you being radical about anything," Serena said.

"Well there is a lot you don't know about me yet," Lance said.

He looked down at her with a raised eyebrow. Yet. She liked the sound of that. They walked in silence for a little longer. It started to feel deafening. Serena's mind was going a mile a minute and she needed to talk about something.

"My father killed my mother," Serena said. "Then he was shot by the police because he wouldn't stop stabbing her."

"That's rough," Lance said.

"He wasn't well," Serena said. "But he was getting so much better. The hospital would let him have day passes. He was visiting us for my birthday. They walked outside to talk, nobody had noticed he grabbed one of the kitchen knives. I watched the whole thing."

"What did you do?" Lance asked.

"I stood in the window, frozen for a while," Serena said. "Once I realized what was happening I went for the door, but I was too late. A neighbor had come running over and wouldn't let me out of the house. It felt like everything was in slow motion. Then when the police showed up and I heard the gun fire I felt like I was the one who got shot."

"I'm sorry," Lance said.

"You're the first person I've told," Serena said. "Most knew, because it was in the papers. Thank God it didn't make national news."

"And you went back to school?"

"I didn't have anywhere else to go. The house we were living in was a rental," Serena said. "My mom had a small life insurance policy but most of that went to the funerals. I'm eligible to receive some of her military benefits, but it feels wrong to take money that I didn't earn."

"Maybe you shouldn't be so hard on Malcolm," Lance said. "He could be a chance for you to have family in your life."

"I thought you weren't a fan of his?" Serena asked.

"I'm a fan of everybody," Lance said. He looked at Serena with a smile and she felt like a weight was lifted off her chest. "Besides, I'm not a wolf. I like to watch the drama. Not participate."

They went back to silence. Serena didn't want to talk about Malcolm. She knew some of her anger was misdirected, but still, he could have done something. Really anything.

"So with everything that's happened, are you going to continue working at an accounting firm in a supernatural town?" Lance asked.

"I don't have anywhere else to be," Serena said. "I don't want to head back to New Mexico."

"If you want to travel I could give you..."

"If I didn't accept Malcolm's money what makes you think I will take yours?" Serena asked.

Lance stopped walking. He dropped his arm and grabbed Serena's hand turning her around to face him. The music hummed in the background.

"Something bad will happen to you if you stay here," Lance said.

"Bad things happen everywhere," Serena replied.

"Not like this," Lance said.

He brought his hand up and brushed a piece of her hair away from her face. She tried to stare at the middle of his forehead, certain even in the dark he could somehow hypnotize her.

"I don't want to leave you," Serena said. "You don't know me," Lance said.

"I feel like I do," Serena said.

"We're not an option," Lance said.

"Because of Adam..."

Lance nodded. Serena let out a sigh. The music still added a faint background noise. She brought her arms up around Lance's neck and started swaying back and forth.

"What are you doing?" Lance asked.

"Dancing with a friend," Serena said.

She felt him bring his hands up to her waist and moved in closer towards him, wanting to put their bodies as close together as possible. He started swaying with her. There was nothing friendly about this dance. Since she lost her parents these last two nights with Lance were the first time she felt like a person again. The song ended in the background, but neither of them made an effort to unhook. She placed her head on his chest and they continued their swaying.

The time went by so fast. Serena wasn't sure how long they stayed like that, but once there was no more noise in the background Lance dropped his hands from her body.

"It's getting late," he said. "Let me walk you home."

Serena nodded. She didn't look up at him as she backed away. This time Lance didn't offer her his arm as they headed back towards town.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Leaving her was going to be difficult. Standing there holding her had given Lance a feeling that was long dormant. He couldn't think like that. Lance already felt bad enough not chasing after Adam more. He justified it by saying Piper was with him. Besides, the wolf needed some time to clear his head. Lust was oozing off of Serena in crazy amounts and for the first time in decades Lance wanted something he couldn't have.

He was struggling between taking her home, forcing her to an airport, or taking her to his bed. Vampire or not, he had a code. Adam would not forgive him. A small part of his brain kept giving him justifications. Like Serena had pointed out the two of them were never intimate together, and Adam had only known her a week. But Lance had never seen any werewolf go this crazy over a human, unless they were mates of course, but Adam kept saying they weren't. If Adam were just confused though and Serena was actually his mate that meant the wolf would try to actually kill Lance and his death would be warranted.

They arrived back at the loft sooner than Lance would have liked. It was almost one, but he decided a long time ago that he wasn't going to stay the night at his apartment. In the event Adam did want to kill him he would be a sitting duck there.

"Do you want to come upstairs?" Serena asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Lance said.

"You just keep saying something bad will happen to me," Serena said. "But then you're just going to leave me here?"

She did have a point, but Lance couldn't watch her twenty-four hours a day. Still, she deserved some sort of protection. NO. Lance's conscious was eating away at him with what he was considering doing. He pushed the feeling down. It was the only way he could keep tabs on her.

"I'll come inside for a little bit," Lance said.

Serena smiled and pulled out her keys. She led the way up the steep staircase, with each step Lance felt his resolve weakening. He would do what he came up her to do and then leave. It was the best option for watching her. She opened the door they walked into the small loft.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Serena asked.

"Sit down," Lance said.

She didn't appear phased by his order. He expecting her to grab one of the stools in the kitchen but instead she headed over to the bed.

"Why did you invite me in here?" Lance asked.

"I didn't want to leave you," Serena said.

"There is nothing I can do to get you to leave town tomorrow?" Lance asked.

"If you come with me," she said.

That sent a jolt through Lance. He hadn't considered that as an option. But he couldn't do that to her. Life as a vampire's companion was no life at all. Other vampires would see her as his slave. He knew from past experiences if he tried to insert himself into a human existence he would turn deadly. Being around all that fresh blood was too much for him.

She readjusted herself on the bed and flipped her hair behind her shoulders. Lance's eyes immediately went to the vein pulsating on her neck.

"I'd ask what you're doing, but I think we both know," Lance said. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because you have your reservations about being with me," Serena said. "Which I don't agree with, but I respect. If I can lure you to take some part of me. I'm going to try. I heard you outside mumble about biting me"

She wanted him to bite her. Lance was thinking about doing it anyway, that way he could monitor her from a distance and know if she were ever in any real trouble. He hadn't realized he had spoken his thought out loud though. Serena was offering herself with no idea or concern about what his bite would bring.

"Please," she said. Her head tilted even further to the side.

Lance felt all his will to resist vanish. In less than a second he was biting down on her neck. The instant her blood touched his tongue a variety of images, feelings, and emotions took over.

He saw her as a little girl, happy with her parents. Than an awkward teenager struggling with the moves. Her first sexual encounter popped in his mind, lasting less than one minute. Lance saw Serena's mother being murdered. He felt her loss and fear. It was too overpowering. Lance broke away from her. His heart hurt, he swore for a second it was actually beating. Never had he felt a reaction like that from drinking blood. He was having a hard time seeing straight.

Serena was gasping for breath. He felt her hand on his arm and warmth spread from her touch. He looked down at her. Her blue eyes were as big as he'd ever seen them.

"You," she said.

Lance didn't wait for her to finish her sentence. He brought his hands behind her head and leaned into her. Roughly pushing his mouth onto hers. She brought her tiny hands up to the side of his head and returning his aggressive kiss. Never in his life had he felt a passion like this. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I can't believe you and Malcolm are working together," Piper said.

Once his sister found him Adam explained everything. He could hear the disappointment in her voice.