BloodBorne Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers

Small pops of energy began to form around the entranced pair, increasing and decreasing volume in waves. Caleb's hands shook from obvious strain while Xan continued to jerk. The pops of energy swelled until finally, Caleb stepped back, panting for breath. Xan slumped forward, asleep from the strain of his work.

"What did you do to her?" Liam demanded as he rushed toward Xan. She was so pale; if not for her steady breath, he would have surely thought she was dead.

"Good news; she wasn't possessed," Caleb panted. He walked to the sink to splash cold water on his face and to hide the effects of his work from his brothers. "Sherlaine used some pretty crafty magic to hijack a part of her subconscious. I was able to sever the link." He looked over at Lindsay and stared at him for a moment before saying, "Seriously? You've got a virtually unkillable demon to deal with and the only thing you can seem to think about is your wife's mouth on your pecker?"

"What's the bad news?" Andrae asked to keep Lindsay from answering the question

"Through their link I was able to get a glimpse of what goes on in that fucked up head of his." Caleb leaned against the sink as he crossed his arms over his chest. He glanced over at Alexis and frowned before saying, "How many times must I tell you that just because I can hear the thoughts of others that I am not cosmically one with them?" A disgusted wince and a groan of protest directed at Lindsay made him say "Quit it, would you? Great, now I know what your wife's vagina looks like. Thanks. Thanks a lot, dirtbag." He looked at the twins, who laughed uproariously and murmured, "You'd think Slade was here."

"What's the bad news?" Andrae repeated in exasperation. Xan was slowly awakening and he wanted the information relayed before she was cognizant enough to retain it.

"There was an army. Too much for us to take down on our own."

"Formed or forming?" Alexis asked.

"I couldn't tell you. But it's epic."

"Why in the fuck can't I move?"

"There's our girl," Draco announced with a smile. "You good?" he asked her.

"Just peachy." Her head swam unpleasantly and she felt as if she would get sick at any moment. The feel of Liam's fingers in her hair did nothing to make her feel better, but that didn't mean she wanted him to stop. "What happened?"

"Sherlaine connected his mind to yours and used that connection to try to get you to leave the manor."

Xan glared daggers at Andrae at the information. "Thank you so much, cuz. Please let me repay you by bashing your head in with a baseball bat."

"I like her," Caleb, said with a smile. He walked to Xan and crouched in front of her, smiling at her mental images of beating Andrae. "You know, you aren't the first person to take her sweet time thinking about doing D. serious harm."

"And she won't be the last," Liam grumbled. He glared at his brother before shifting his attention to Roman. "I think you can free her now."

Xan sighed happily when she was able to move once more. She looked into Caleb's kind but mischievous eyes as she asked, "So you were the one doing all that mumbo-jumbo in my head?"

"Part of it. A friend of mine gave me the chant to use in situations like yours. You'll experience memories you've never had before. It's a side effect of the connection."

"Oh well then maybe this friend of yours has an idea on how to kill Sherlaine because none of your brothers seem to."

"Xan..." Alexis warned.

"What? You're seriously going to stand there and catch feelings off me telling the truth?" She paused for a moment as a random image came to her. "Did you see the man?" When Caleb only stared at her curiously, she continued, "I don't know. Maybe this is that memory thing you were telling me about. There's a room filled with a shit-load of demons."

"The army," Caleb said with a nod.

"Then you saw him."

"Saw who?" Liam asked.

"The man," Xan insisted. "Blonde hair, kind of like his," she said as she looked at Caleb, "tall, walks like a stick-up-the-butt-aristocrat." She stopped to focus on the image of the man in her head, trying to find any distinguishing marks to identify him, closing her eyes to get a better picture. "He's... He's got scary eyes. Black, with flecks of red in them." She opened her eyes when Andrae cursed angrily. "What is it? Do you know who he is?"

"Yes, we know who he is," Roman said quietly.

Xan expected further information, but somehow wasn't surprised when everyone remained silent. "Well? Who the fuck is he?"

"Zaide," the men all said at once.

She looked at Alexis, who seemed to be waiting for her to make eye contact. "So you were right. Sherlaine wants to use me to set Zaide free." No one answered her and it seemed that the confirmation of their earlier suspicions only made the situation graver. "Ok so we try a transfusion. Somebody go out and get some O neg. and sick it in my arm. We'll drain my blood from my body and then get rid of it. Problem solved."

"It's not that easy," Andrae said.

"Why the fuck not?" Xan demanded.

"Your blood is so powerful that it has the potential to convert any other blood that comes into contact with it. Essentially we'd be bleeding you for nothing."

"Ok fine. Take a vial of my blood and send it to Sherliane with a note and a Christmas card. We'll deal with anything else that comes out of it later."

"You really want the weight of what happens once he opens portals on your head?" Liam asked. He understood her urgency and the irrationality that came along with it. They still had to think practically however; the only real way out of the situation was to kill Sherliane.

"Maybe you should think about beating the crap out of D. some more," Caleb suggested. As he reached out to take hold of her hand he said, "After all, this is all-"

Liam shouted as a swell of energy burst between Xan and his brother, propelling them both backward several feet. He was knocked backward as well, and hit the wall. He quickly gained his feet and bypassed Xan, who'd been caught by Andrae to check on Caleb, who lay unmoving near the stove. He checked for a pulse and breathed a sigh of relief at finding one. "He's alive." Liam placed his hands on his brother, allowing his ability to surge through his hands and into Caleb's body. While the heat in his hands indicated the strength of his power, Caleb did not wake. He stopped and slapped Caleb hard across the face. Still there was no movement. "He's in a coma."

"Move him upstairs," Alexis said as he glared at Andrae. He followed the twins and Liam after they lifted his limp body off the floor and simply barked one order at Andrae and Lindsay. "Make sure she's all right."

purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers