Boneshaker

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kerion sighed. "Well, as long as she's on her way. Has she sensed anything?"

"Yes. As did I, though miss Harding was considerably faster at tracking it down. It's moving, most likely toward her keepers. She took off down the hall just a moment ago."

"Oh no. She's going to get herself killed!"

"Yes, the poor thing. She should have known better." He turned to leave.

"You're not going to do anything, sir?" Kerions's voice was tinged with confusion and bewilderment.

Lucifer sighed. "Why should I. It's not like she'd thank me for saving her."

"Sire, you can't let old worries and frustrations hinder your duty. We must save Claire or we're all doomed from that damn cloud...Besides, Kara hasforgiven you. Why you're holding such a grudge, I don't know."

He rolled his eyes and seethed to himself. If there was one thing about Kerion he disliked, it was that the old spider was too wise for his own good. Time after time, he brought up valid arguments that rendered Lucifer's rantings pointless, leaving the demon king frustrated and feeling supremely ignorant.

His mentioning of Kara didn't help. That damned half-breed with her bright eyes and dark hair and that you're-an-asshole attitude. He hated and desired her eternally. The sound of her name was enough to drive him mad. His wings twitched, the memory of her drawing out a need to crush the solid rock he stood on.

Still, this girl was just as intriguing. Superbly loyal and strong for her size, she would make for an excellent lover if given the chance. Her only issue was how she treated her lovers. She was terrified of hurting them, even going as far as biting his tongue to push him off for fear of having an affair on them. Damn human and their useless morals. He'd have to find a way to convince her that sharing his bead wasn't against the rules, though he doubted she'd listen.

Of course, since I rule this realm, she wouldn't technically be betraying anyone if she and I did...

"Fine, then," he snapped. "We'll help the girl."

Spinning on his toes, Lucifer started on his way down. Kerion followed closely at his side, watching him cautiously.

"Do you think we'll actually have a chance to save the girl?"

Lucifer shrugged. "Don't know. I suppose we'll have to wait and see."

"I just hope she'll be able to handle herself until we get there. Claire's strong, but her heart is far too tender to do anything if one of her lovers is put in danger."

"Yes, soft hearts have a habit of failing in times of distress. Though, I doubt she'll crumble so easily. If she was able to push me off, I think she can stand her ground for a while."

Kerion nodded, a smile in his eyes. "Yes, I suppose that's true."

Lucifer smiled down at the old spider, reaching down to place a warm hand of his furry back. "Come, my friend. Let's watch the fireworks."

***

And there you go - chapter 9. Congratulations, my people. You've just met Lucifer (kind of an ass, but I love him anyway). For those of you who know of my 'Date with Destiny' series, yes, I planned that. But no, Kara's not going to make a surprise appearance. That would just be too confusing (as if it's not already, right?).

Final chapter...Gravedancer