Book 02: A Match Made Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, and I hated it." The two sneaks were standing side by side smiling. Shade and I got up and kissed the women we love, moving then to hug the other. I made sure to give Kara an extra kiss and a long, close hug. She purred contentedly.

The four of us sat and talked for a while. Kara and Destiny were both very animated as they spoke of their day. I was relieved to see Kara back to her old self. That's not really a great way to put it but I hope my meaning is clear.

***

Dinner was wonderful. Grilled rib eye steaks, princess cut, with roasted rosemary potatoes and a small tossed salad. The potatoes were wonderfully crispy; the steaks were perfect at medium rare. Shade said Connie offered 3 kinds of dressing. I laughed and put 4 on the table. Destiny asked for water; the rest of us had a very nice Louis Martini Cabernet.

The conversation was light and wonderfully giggly. Even a normally subdued Shade told an old but always funny joke.

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"Apple."

"Apple who?"

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"Apple."

"Apple who?"

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"Orange."

"Orange who?"

"Orange ya glad I didn't say apple?" (I only did 'apple' twice... she did it several more times. You're welcome!)

No one said a word for a moment. I wanted to laugh; I'd heard the joke many years ago at my family's dining room table. Kara looked at Shade, looked at me, as if wanting permission to laugh. Destiny turned bright red holding her laughter in. Shade looked crestfallen that no one laughed -- which made everyone laugh even harder once it started. It was one of the funniest things that have happened in my 56 years; partly because of who told the joke and partly because of the reaction.

"Oh my god that was priceless," Destiny said when we had all stopped. Each of us needed to dry our eyes we'd laughed so hard. "Lover, I thought you might cry for a second." Shade stuck out her tongue. "Kara, you thought you were supposed to laugh and when no one did you had the funniest look on your face. God it was funny!"

Kara looked at me and said, "No Christmas kiss for that one!" That started the laughter again.

We left the dishes on the table and went back to the family room. Kara and I sat on one couch, Destiny and Shade on the other. Kara sat sorta half-on, half-off of me, her legs draped over mine and her right arm around my waist. The other two sat side by side. And we talked. Eventually the conversation shifted to the events of the day.

"I thought Kara did wonderfully. It took her a while to warm up to me and more time to get to some of the tough stuff -- but she did! I was very proud of her. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and continuing what we've started."

Kara looked at me with questions in her eyes. I blushed. "Lover, with all that's gone on these last few days I may not have mentioned what Shade and I talked about Saturday. I'm sorry about that. I was going to take tomorrow off but changed my mind. I am taking Thursday and Friday off." Kara stopped me with a wave of her hand.

"You did tell me about Thursday and Friday, baby. And I'm glad you changed your mind about tomorrow. Destiny is right; it wasn't always tons of fun today but I'm glad she was here." She sat up a bit and looked around the room, then smiled. "Lissy usually leaves around 8. With Destiny here, we can get down to it then." She looked at me. "They'll probably close early for the day, right?" I nodded.

"Officially we close at 3 but I've heard they've left it up to the department heads. I'm hearing maybe noon, probably 1."

Kara nodded, turned to Destiny and said, "So, we should have 6, maybe 7 hours to talk. What do you think?"

I'd been watching Shade and Destiny as this went down. There was a ton of unspoken communication going on.

"I think it's a marvelous idea. We can have breakfast around 7." I got up and sat next to Shade, who laughed.

"Why don't we talk to each other? These two have cut us out of the conversation."

"You get back here right now, ya big baby." I stuck my tongue out at blondie. The other two laughed. Kara stood, put her hands on her hips and said to our guests, "Do you see what I have to put up with every day?"

I had a brilliant thought. "Hey, why don't the two of you come for Christmas dinner?" The room fell silent.

Shade and Destiny looked at each other. "We'd love to, but Kim and Honey are coming."

Without a moment's hesitation, Kara said, "Bring them too." We all looked at her. "What? Rachel and June will be thrilled. We only met Kim and Honey that one time and only for a few seconds." Everyone nodded and was smiling.

"Um, there's the little matter of Andi!" Kara's face fell. "Mm hmm." I turned to our guests. "My daughter in law is not the biggest fan of gay people. There have been some uncomfortable moments this year." I looked at Kara and said, "What you don't know is she kind of reached out to me at Thanksgiving."

"What! Really?" I nodded.

"She shocked me, Jenna too. She said... I'm trying to remember. It was something like -- you look so sad, Mom. I wish you and Kara would find a way to get back together."

A shocked Kara said, "I don't believe it. Uh, well, there's the little matter of two gay couples who happen to be family. JR and Andi won't know Destiny or any of the four."

Shade piped in. "Kim and Honey are not exactly shrinking violets either." I had heard enough.

"This isn't about forcing Andi to change her mind. It never has been. But I'm not going to change our plans just on her account. That's not fair to her or to any of us."

"I completely agree, Lissy," Destiny said emphatically, "I'm one hundred per cent with you on that. We have every right to be who we are without attracting a lot of attention, let alone a bunch of... other stuff." She turned to her honey. "I think it would be fun. I'm sure Kim and Honey will have a blast with the girls. I say we have a great Christmas with our friends." Shade nodded.

"Yup, let's do it." She looked at me. "Would you object if I stayed overnight as well?" Oh! "I'm going to go in to the office for a while but there's not much to do. The office staff will be there till noon. I doubt the sales staff will be busy if they work at all." She looked at Destiny. "You wouldn't mind having company would you?" We all laughed.

Kara pretended to pout when she looked at me and said, "Well, fine, I guess that means I have to sleep with you." I almost fainted. You bitch!

Destiny giggled as she said, "I'm sure when Shade mentioned company she meant you, Kara." Shade paled for a second, then realized it was a joke and laughed. We all did.

"That got awkward for a minute, huh?" We were all still laughing; heads nodded at my comment. I kissed blondie and said, "You were kidding, right?" She stared at me. Not a word was said. Then she laughed.

"There's a blonde in there somewhere, Stone." I smacked her shoulder. She laughed. "Pretty much!" Oh my god!

** December 24th **

We agreed with Shade and Destiny to set the alarms for 6:30. I had made coffee and set the timer for 6:45.

"If we have to get up that early we need coffee!" Kara had said it; we all agreed.

"Morning! Why the hell did I open my big mouth about getting up this early?" I laughed. All this was done in between the usual morning kisses as we lay twisted like pretzels with each other, barely allowing air between our bodies.

"I have no clue. We better get going."

"Ugh! Do you think they're doing what we are?"

"Mm hmm."

"Me too; I think we should have a quickie before we go downstairs." I pulled back a bit and stared. "What? I can see it in the other bedroom. 'Maybe we should make a quickie; I bet they are.'" After a few more kisses and giggles we got up.

The shower thing we do was done quickly and efficiently this morning. That doesn't mean we didn't take our time with certain parts of our lover's anatomy. There was even time for me to taste test whether Kara's kitty was clean and soap free. It was!! If not before, it was after. Pretty much! la la la

I dressed business casual, which included no bra, per Kara. Eyeroll.

She nodded her approval as she sat in her robe.

"You're not getting dressed?"

"Nah; I have slippers and a robe. That'll do. If I get cold I can wrap myself in a blanket like you did yesterday." Okay.

We headed downstairs; we both noticed the extra bedroom door was closed. I smiled; Kara winked.

Kara poured coffee for both of us while I got ham, eggs and milk out of the fridge. I was going to make scrambled eggs with ham. 6 eggs ought to do it for 4 women; toast and/or bagels were available. Our guests came downstairs a bit later, smiling, hand in hand, looking languid and satisfied the way only lovers can. Kara and I looked at each other.

"Good morning, lovers!" Leave it to blondie. They smiled and headed for coffee. Smart!

"We weren't doing anything the two of you weren't, Kara." She glared at me; I giggled.

"Make toast, bagels, or English muffins. Margarine and jelly are next to the toaster. The eggs should be ready in a few."

"Lover, this is better than our usual morning breakfast service. We should stay in bed longer more often." No answer.

The air was pregnant (shush!) with giggles waiting to explode into full blown laughter.

In an odd twist, it started with Shade, who took her finger, ran it through the grape jelly on her bagel, and dabbed it on Destiny's nose. Try to imagine what happened next. It was hardly John Belushi's famous 'Food fight!' Things wound up on both of the women who wore robes to breakfast. Mm hmm. Kara and Destiny -- which did not go unnoticed by yours truly!!

As the silliness and giggles died down I said, "Any particular reason two of you are dressed in robes and two of us are going to work?" Co-conspirators looked at each other and giggled.

"It's totally a coincidence." No Sale!

"Ow!" Destiny yelped in pain.

Shade smiled innocently. "I'm sure the two of you will be all business today, Destiny."

She pouted gloriously. "I am your betrothed, your intended, lover. I can not believe you are calling me out like this."

My antennae perked up. "Wait just a minute here. Betrothed? Intended? Are you two getting married?" Shade glared at a chastened Destiny.

"Holy crap, you are!" Kara bounded from her chair and hugged her new best friend. "I'm so excited for you both." Destiny looked like she wanted to crawl under the table, the poor thing.

It all happened so fast I barely had time to process it. I looked at Shade who was looking at me. We smiled and held each other's hand. Here we were congratulating two women we really only barely knew. But we owed them so much.

"Congratulations, Shade. I'm so happy for the two of you. I can assure you we'll keep your secret until the two of you are ready to share it." She smiled. Destiny looked over her shoulder and did the same.

"Well, we were going to announce it tomorrow with my sister and Honey. It seems we'll be announcing it to a much larger crowd." She looked at Destiny. "You okay with that, Destiny?" Green eyes smiled; a black head of hair nodded.

"If not here, where?" We all laughed. "The two of you need to get a move on. Kara and I have work to do." She said it in such a stern tone we had no option but to comply. Yeah right!

The three of us descended on Destiny, kissing, hugging, and groping -- uh, Shade did that - for the record! There was plenty of her for the rest of us. After the giggles subsided both of us said our goodbyes to our honeys and headed to work.

** Kara and Destiny **

The morning had me giddy. This rollercoaster that has been my life has taken some wild turns the past week. I went from imprisoned and jailed to being reunited with my love and finding two wonderful new friends. Apart from my demons that lie lurking, things seem back to normal. Okay, the demons part is kind of a big deal.

After the goodbyes to our honeys, I excuse myself. "Destiny, make yourself comfortable hon. I'm going to take a few minutes and I'll join you." Her smile turns to concern but she nods and walks towards the kitchen. I just need to get my thoughts together. Walking up the stairs, I run my fingers along the collage of family pictures Lissy has hanging along the wall. They range from her kids as babies through graduations and marriages. It's beautiful and makes my heart flutter every time I look at them.

I never let myself think of having a kids, it just wasn't going to be in the cards for me. I accepted it, but being with Lissy and hers; well I have some regrets. Reaching the top step, I freeze, noticing a new picture. It's of her and her kids... and me. Tears flood my eyes; I don't even remember this picture being taken. Maybe Memorial Day weekend? I blink away the tears and head to our bedroom. They're my family.

I sit on the edge of the bed and look out the window. I'm not really noticing anything, just relaxing my mind and inviting whatever to flow in and out. Yesterday I laid bare memories I'd been too scared to face myself to someone I barely knew. Beyond the wonder of that notion is a sinking sensation. Why can't I tell Lissy? I know the answer. I'm afraid she'll think I'm too broken and she'll know the truth. Truth? I take pleasure in inducing pain, feeling pain. No! That's not me!

Maybe it is... was it there all along? Alexis recognized it, tried to wrench it up from deep inside of me, but I fled before she could. Then, years later, she just happens to be Lissy's therapist. I definitely have my suspicions on that front. Was she trying to get revenge and found an opportunity to get to me through Lissy? She nearly destroyed us.

Then there's Veronica; she is a whole other level of wicked. Alexis' lover, her pawn. I can't let them win. Lissy and I hang in the balance. I have to claw my way back; back to Kara. Today I need to tunnel even deeper, purge the darkness from me. I worry if I leave it trapped inside, it will take control. I don't want to; I can't ever hurt my Lissy again.

I close my eyes and think about the time since that day in the elevator. It comes back as a flood of random images in no particular order. I try to calm and focus, but they only come faster. Frustrated, I push myself up from the bed and turn to leave. I flinch and screech, "Destiny! You scared me to death!" I startle her with my outburst but she's quick to laugh.

"I'm so sorry." Her giggling could have fooled me. "I came to check on you and didn't want to interrupt your thoughts. I didn't expect you to fly to your feet so quickly or I would have..." Now I'm giggling, can't resist.

"Oh hush you. Let's get to work, shall we?" I hook my arm in hers and we go back down to the living room.

Have I mentioned what a sweetheart Destiny is? I stop as we reach the couch and pull her into a huge hug. On the coffee table she's laid out coffee, water, juice, bagels, chips and even an assortment of fruit. I release her and look into her green eyes, my blues are smiling. She gets a sheepish grin and says, "Is it too much?" She's shy? Can she get any cuter?

I giggle and give her hand a squeeze. "Much? No, not at all." She perks up and beams. "When is everyone else getting here?" I was born a smart ass. Ouch! Destiny laughs, slaps my shoulder and plops down on the couch.

"We'll see who's laughing when they get hungry or thirsty." Her smirk says she was born much the same. We both laugh ourselves nearly to tears and settle into our 'let's get serious' positions. Cross-legged, pillows on our laps, facing each other. That, of course, led to a few more giggles. There is something seriously wrong with us and I love it.

We finally get quiet and just sit for a few minutes. It might be awkward for some, the silence, but it was nice. When I decide to speak, my voice isn't ready and it's just a whisper. "I don't know where to start." I clear my throat. Destiny just sits and waits. Deep breath. "That's not true; I know what I need to talk about. It's just... it's something I'm not sure about. I mean, I don't know what's real and what's not." I look up to see if I can tell by her face if I'm making any kind of sense.

She grins and says softly, "It doesn't have to make sense, Kara. Just start talking and let it flow. I don't have to understand it. This is for you to get it out." I nod, half convinced. She reaches over and grasps my hand. "Close your eyes." I do. "Now let yourself go, give yourself permission to speak of whatever is haunting you. I won't judge you Kara; you're in a safe place."

Her words wash over me, bringing peace to my anxious mind. I let myself drift through the flashes that I saw earlier. Not afraid, just observing. I'm waiting until I see it, the one I want. When it comes, goose bumps flood my body. I can feel the hair standing up on the back of my neck. Don't run.

I begin, "We're lying on my bed. I've missed her so much. Her smell, her touch, she's right here beside me. I move on top of her and kiss those lips I've hungered for. Our bodies take over. Legs intertwine, fingers desperate to feel, and tongues eager to taste. It's her, really her. Then it happens..." I can't stop the tears. They push through my closed lids and stream down my cheeks. "Her voice is so clear, 'Take me Kara'. I try and focus but my vision is a blur.

"It's her, Alexis. I would know that voice anywhere. I try to get away but she holds me tighter, kissing me, grinding against me. I bite her but she still doesn't stop. Please stop, I don't want you. She holds me, I have to get away. I swing my arms, slapping and clawing. Let me go! 'Kara! Kara' NO! My eyes clear, it's Lissy. She's so afraid. I try to hold her but she's fighting back. Her fist catches me on my collarbone, my body rolls off and the stinging pain shoots through me." I pause; the next part is too disturbing.

Destiny's hand lies on top of mine, which now I realize is rubbing the bruise. My eyes slowly open and I keep my head down. I can't look at her. "The look in Lissy's eyes as she cowered, afraid, is burned into my mind. I don't want to see another person look at me with the truth in their eyes. That I'm broken." Destiny's hand gently cups my chin and urges me to look at her. I close my eyes as my head rises.

"Kara, look at me." I want to but I'm afraid. "It's okay. I promise. You are not a bad or evil person." I shake my head, eyes tightening. "If you were, do you think Lissy would still be by your side? Do you think I would be trying to help? Would Shade? You are a good person who bad things happened to, Kara. They just don't go away. You have to fight through it, face them." I know I didn't tell my eyes to open, but they do anyways. Destiny's eyes are sincere. Her thumb strokes my cheek, wiping away some of the tears. Holding my chin firmly, she commands my attention. "You are so brave. You are fighting. Trust me when I say, there was a time not too long ago I was fighting my own demons. I was afraid to face who I really am. You will get through this, just keep being brave."

Her words reach me. I may not know what she went through but I felt her pain and I believe what she's saying. I am strong, brave. That me in the dungeon who hurt Alexis, who hurt... Lissy; I won't let her win. The rest of my thought is spoken, "I can't, not after I have Lissy back." Surprised I actually said that last, I blush. Even though what Destiny heard should have made no sense, she understands.

Her hand drops down to her lap; she smiles softly and says, "Welcome back, Kara." Those three words, they grab and hold me tight. Every ounce of me feeling overjoyed. Those three words, as crazy as it sounds, they set me free. I throw my arms around her, afraid I'll float away if I don't.