Book 03: A Match Made - Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So we danced. Every once in a while we'd head back to the table. Early September doesn't guarantee cooler weather, and the crowd in the smallish room meant the air conditioning system was trying valiantly to keep things cool. And failing, for the most part.

Naturally, my wine did nothing to help me keep cool. But I'm an adult, so I simply cut back on how much wine I was consuming.

"You're on your third bottle, goofyhead. Don't you think you could ease up some? We still have all night tonight. And whoa momma do I have plans for you." A full body shiver followed.

"Second bottle, slut. Knock it off. And maybe, just maybe, I have my own plans for you. Ever think about that?"

An evil Cheshire cat grin followed, then this: "Mm hmm. And I'm counting on it."

How on earth does she do it? We've been together long enough that I know just about every little trick in her playbook. And still she knocks me for a loop when she does or says something like that. Maybe it's in her eyes. Or the eyes and that feral little smirk she throws my way. Either way, my panties were wet beyond belief. Kitty was humming in anticipation, and, slut that she is, begging for attention. Of the up close and personal kind.

Kara was a hot item on the dance floor. She was asked to dance several times and always said yes. I loved watching her flirtatious little self on the floor. Destiny came by. We kissed, she sat down, and asked, "Do you get jealous of blondie when you see her out there, flaunting her sexy lil self like she does?"

I laughed. "If I got jealous of that one I'd have to collar her and keep her on a short leash."

Destiny's eyes widened. She coughed, took another sip of Kara's wine, and said, "My, my, is that so? Her eyes twinkled as she said, "You'll have to speak to Shade about that."

My cheeks burned as I bowed my head. Destiny giggled.

"Honestly, lover, I was mostly joking. But I also wasn't sure you were kidding." Lover? Yikers!

"She's got me in a tizzy is all, Destiny. My little blonde minx isn't wearing panties. And I just know she did it on purpose. To get me in this state." My eyes met hers as I said, "It might be sunrise tomorrow before we sleep."

With a laugh, she replied, "Ditto, kiddo. Ditto!!"

With that, she stood, took my hand, pulled me to my feet, and out to the dance floor we went.

A little later I noticed Kara had a new dance partner. Pretty, with longish, jet black hair, a royal blue one piece dress with spaghetti straps. and low, slingback heels in a deep red.

The song ended and I could see Kara try to break from the woman's grasp. Presumably to get back to me. The woman smiled, took Kara's hand, and the two of them headed to the bar. Whatever. It's a wedding reception. If Kara's met a new friend, one who likes to dance, I could see no harm in whatever might happen. There were too many people who knew us for whoever she was to cause trouble.

About twenty minutes later Kara hadn't returned. My eyes scanned the bar. Nope. She was back on the dance floor, slow dancing with her new friend. Her arms were around Kara, holding her close, her head on Kara's shoulder. Hmm.

The song ended, and 'Blackie,' as I'd nicknamed her, shocked me half to death. She leaned up, put her hand on the back of Kara's head, and kissed her. Deeply. As in, clearly open mouth with, I was sure, lots of tongue. I shot to my feet, astonished and outraged. What has seemed harmless enough had turned ugly and majorly inappropriate.

And then Shade was there. She roughly pulled Kara from 'Blackie's' grasp and spoke to her. The band made it impossible for me to hear whatever Shade said. But I knew by her face she was furious. Kara turned and looked for me. Her eyes showed a combination of astonishment and apoplexy. But she let Shade do all the talking.

While this was going on, I made my way to my honey. I held out my arms and Kara hurried into them, shaking like a leaf. I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back with my right hand. Eventually, the shivers stopped and she sank into my arms.

"What the hell was that all about, lover?"

Kara shook her head and said, "Andrea. That's her name. She's a client it seems. Or maybe the wife of a client. She's stronger than she looks, baby. She's a really good dancer and fun to be with on the floor. But she got grabby and, after a little while, it got old... and then I began to get mad. But she wouldn't turn me loose, insisting on one more dance." She looked up at me, as if pleading for understanding. I tried my best to smile through my still smoldering anger and nodded.

"Not to worry, babe. No way you could have predicted what happened. It all seemed like good fun at a great reception."

"Yeah! That's it exactly."

"Did she ask if you were with somebody?" It might have been a mistake to ask, but I just felt like I had to know.

"She did, actually, but didn't seem bothered by it, so I sort of put it out of my mind."

Destiny appeared at our sides, clearly upset.

"I'm absolutely mortified this happened at our wedding reception. Kara," she said, shaking her head, "I hope you'll forgive us. That jackass had no business doing what she did."

I pulled my honey to my side and held her close.

"Destiny, you and Shade made a guest list like everyone does for a wedding. You invite who you invite and assume that people will behave. Liquor or no liquor. Dancing is to be expected at a celebration like this one. There's absolutely no reason for you or Shade, or Connie, to feel badly about this." With a smirk I added, "And I'm sure Shade will mete out whatever it is she deems suitable."

A tiny smirk creased her still painted lips.

And then Shade strode up. A tightly wound, still furious Shade, just about shimmering with but slightly repressed fury.

"Kara, Lissy, if I may, I'd like to offer my apology for the shocking behavior of one of my boorish business clients. They'll be looking for a new representative come Monday morning. Andrea and her wife have been escorted from the building. I'm furious, and I'm positive Destiny is as well. Is there anything either of us can do to try and make some kind of amends?"

"Pay our mortgage for a year?" Three sets of eyes stared in disbelief. I can't help it; it just popped into my head. Remember the Stay Puff thingy from "Ghostbusters"? Just like that.

Destiny tittered. Kara followed suit with a barely stifled smirk. And even Shade let loose with the giggles. Soon enough, the giggles turned into all out laughter. And I joined in. Pretty much had to, right?

Mood lightened. Score one for Lissy.

** December 29, 2014 **

Lissy

Please bear with me. This has all the earmarks of being a toughie to write. Moreso, I'm guessing, to tell you about. But it will be good for me, for us, and so I'm giving it a go.

It's been a year since I came back from Minnesota to what was supposed to be a big party, a celebration, to being another year. Instead, I found my honey a complete goddamn mess. Shocked, I allowed Destiny to take me away from my Kara so she could fill me in on the goings on. You may remember the details, but I want to make sure to bring those who are picking up our story after the fact up to speed.

Kara's stay in rehab seemed to be going well. She wrote often and I was finally able to see her toward the end of her stay there. And then it was time for her to leave. And that was not without trepidation on my part. If Kara wants to write something about her side of it, fine. But this is going to be about me. And her. And how we began to start all over again. Though we were still madly in love with each other.

Kara's rehab people strongly suggested we not spend too much time together right after she was released, which did not sit well with me, let me tell ya!!! She had a job to go back to, as you now know, but there were stipulations. She had to go to N.A. meetings, which I thought was brilliant.

Here's the major stumbling block I had with the "don't spend time with each other" thing. Could Kara live a sober life so soon after being released? Even if she was going to two or three meetings a day, which she was, would she fall back into the darkness. I had absolutely no benchmark or understanding of the disease of addiction. None. Hee hee... well, other the me for my honey. But anyways!!

Yeah, okay, and she for me. So there!

But you get the point. This stage of her recovery was critical, even to someone who was a complete amateur like me. And the end game for me was simple: I wanted my Kara back. Healthy, fully recovered, and living the life, together, like we had before the darkness befell her.

And, even if it wasn't verbalized by her sponsor, Britta, I knew that I was not to bring some things up. Leave them be. Let that be hers; hers and her sponsor and her N.A. crowd.

I did have a few dalliances with women as a much younger woman, but Kara rolled over me like a damn tsunami. I'm not easy, but she... okay, so things sucked majorly with Dylan and I by the time I met her. But, that aside, I was married and our youngest was still in our home. And there was zero chance I was going to rock the boat with some blonde who was so much my junior.

She didn't give up. She pursued me. Wooed me. Took my virtue, my panties, and, eventually, my heart. LOL And I may have been an easy mark for her, given where my life was, but I never fathomed I'd give my heart to a woman. NEVER.

But she won me over. Dylan died, and I grieved. My children needed me most of all. He was a jerk, but he was their Father, and I had an obligation to keep the candle burning so my kids could revere?? I don't know. So the image they had of their Dad wasn't tarnished... too, too badly.

Kara, out of rehab, wasn't easy either. I could see in her eyes that she wanted to take me to bed. And I had needs too. My body was used to her loving, and I missed it terribly. After all those years of masturbation while married, and then getting used to sex with a woman, to be cut off from our intimacy was a shock. To my body. And mind. And soul. I love her.

Again, I can only speak for myself, as close as we have been/are. The warm body of the woman I love in my bed every night would have soothed my spirit, even if my body desperately craved more. But, it was clear that it was best for Kara for us to be apart and keep our intimacy at bay... at least for the immediate future.

Easy? Oh my god, NO!! A tremillion times no! But for us to be a couple again, and move forward, with marriage, oft talked about and still out on the horizon, she and I had to do what was best for her. Even if the short term wasn't so peachy.

I joke about Kara being a workout freak. And I'll tell ya, I spent long hours in the gym working my ass off to soothe my frustration. And then there are all the pretty young things, prancing around in their "uniforms." I won't lie. I ogled. But I didn't touch. Nor sample. And more than one pretty young thing caught me staring and smiled fetchingly.

I don't hold myself out as anything special, but my relationship with Kara had gone off the tracks, and I owed it both of us to keep things... what? on an even keel? until she got better. It wasn't easy; I won't lie. But it sure as hell was worth it!!!

She's worth it. And hells bells, so am I. And I'll let ya in on a little secret... I'm damn proud of myself for keeping my promise. To me. To my Kara.

Thank you for listening. I do appreciate it. Kisses for you all.

Copyright 2016 by A Vixen Literally©