BOOK 3 - Myth Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, you are definitely not a child."

Her moment of bravado over, Myth felt self-conscious and resisted the urge to cross her arms over her chest. She wondered what she smelled like now when Norrix took a deep breath. He pushed on her back and after a moment of resistance she bent forward.

Norrix kissed her nose, eyes, checks, lips, and trailed more kisses down her neck. Her heart beat fast and she hoped he didn't stop. That achey, needy feeling was back and getting stronger. She shifted, brushing his erection with her leg and he groaned.

His kisses went lower, over her collar bones, across the tops of her breasts, then he licked her nipple. Myth jolted like she'd been stung, the sensation making her whole body tense. He sucked, soft at first, but harder when she pushed her chest at him. He'd awakened nerves that seemed to run from her nipple to her core, and she felt wetness between her legs.

He released her breast and switched to the other one, sliding his fangs across the taut peak and nipping her.

Electricity sparked across her new nerves and she squirmed against him. "What's happening?"

"I'm starting my apology," Norrix murmured against her skin. His mouth went back to her breast, tongue licking the underside. He cupped her other breast in his hand and drew his nails up her thigh.

Then he was touching her there, but now she could feel it. No one but Iqiohr had ever touched her there before, and he always used the gel as a punishment. Norrix's fingers slipped over her, spreading the slickness he found. "How do I smell now?"

Norrix inhaled and blew out his breath across her nipples. "Good enough to eat." He found a new place that made her body jump and drew lazy circles with the rough pad of his finger. The achey feeling intensified and coiled tight.

Myth dug her nails into Norrix's shoulders to keep herself upright.

"How's my apology now?" He sounded amused.

Why did he think now was a time for talking? "Um."

"Wow. I better keep apologizing, but for that I need you to lay back and close your eyes. Will you trust me and do that?"

"Yes?"

"You don't sound sure."

Pushing off his chest she laid down on the sofa and closed her eyes. Norrix shifted around, lifted her leg and kissed her foot. He put her ankle on his shoulder and kissed the back of her knee. His fangs nipped and she jumped.

Norrix licked between her legs.

Myth shrieked and her eyes flew open. No prince ever did that to his princess in the stories her mother told her. She sat halfway up. "What—"

Norrix's black eyes watched her. "Relax and lay back down. You're close, the first one won't take long."

Myth did as he asked, hoping if she did he'd make this ache go away. He was making it so much worse. "First what?"

"You'll see."

He put his mouth back on her and Myth tried to hold still for him, but her hips kept moving by themselves.

He put his mouth back on her and Myth tried to hold still for him, but her hips moved by themselves. He pushed his finger inside her, waking up more nerves. His fingers stretched and twisted, then he was rubbing and sucking. Her body tingled all over, then everything rushed to her core. Her back arched and her fingers dug into the cushions beneath her. She forgot to breathe as waves of pleasure washed over her. Her body went limp and she relaxed, opening her eyes to see Norrix smiling at her from between her thighs. This was so naughty.

"How am I doing now?"

Why did Norrix want to ask her questions now? "Better?"

"Wow, sounds like I need to try again."

"Again?"

He chuckled into her thigh. "Yes, Myth. You can do that again."

"Well, thank fuck for that." If this was how a vampire apologized, their Dragas probably got mad at them a lot.

<><><><><>

NORRIX

Thank fuck was right. She turned his new favorite shade of red when she said fuck. It was a turn on to watch Myth discover this side of herself. So shy and brave at the same time. She pushed him back as she sat up.

"I want to feel the rest. I want to feel everything." Myth untucked his towel and before he could say something to stop her she straddled him, wiggling in his lap until she felt him press into her.

She sank onto him slow. He had his hands on her hips, but didn't push, letting her move at her speed. When she'd taken all of him into her wet heat she froze. Her heart beat wildly, but her scent was still hot apples, no bitter or sour tinge to it.

Norrix guided her in and up and down motions and she braced herself against his shoulders for balance, picking up her pace as she got used to the motion. She let her head fall back, exposing her entire throat to him. He drew her close, running his tongue along her neck.

As his Draga found her pleasure, Norrix slid his tongue over the pulse beating in her neck. She caught her breath as he sank his fangs in. Her hot blood filled his mouth, coating his tongue. Her scent was hot and strong, like a bakery full of fresh apple pies was in the room. She moaned and tightened around him, his venom in her blood heightening the sensation of her orgasm. He stopped holding himself back, thrust into to match her rhythm, and came with her, emptying himself into her as he sucked on her neck.

She slumped against him in a contented heap. Norrix closed his arms around her and licked over his bite to heal it.

Her even breathing and slowing heartbeat told him she was drifting off to sleep. The bed would be more comfortable, but he didn't want to move her, afraid if she woke up she'd leave him. The urge to glut himself on her threatened to sweep him away. He fought the urge back.

While she'd given her body to him, he didn't think he'd convinced her to stay. She'd go back to that Mage, and Norrix wouldn't leave her weakened to face that.

But now he'd had her blood. He'd follow her home and find out why she was so driven to return to a life of servitude and slavery. When he found out what forced her back, he'd deal with it and bring her home.

<><><><><>

MYTH

She showered and waited for Norrix to clean up. The Book of Thoth lay on a table next to the black knife. Myth reached for the book, but hesitated, hand hovering in the air. If Norrix could figure it out he would be able to see gods and talk to animals. What would it be like to talk to animals? If she could talk to the lake monsters maybe they would help her escape.

"You can read it if you want to." Norrix's voice slid over her like a caress as he came out of the bathroom. He'd exchanged his towel for a robe.

She stared at the carpet. "Oh, no. I can't...couldn't. It's your book."

"I've read it before."

"You can see gods and talk to animals?"

"I've always been able to see gods, at least as far as I can tell with my jumbled memories. Talking to animals, well, maybe I should read the book again."

"Why are your memories jumbled?"

"I've been alive for a very long time. All the things I had to remember were too much and things get a little scrambled sometimes when I try to piece them together." He held the book out. "But I don't mind if you read it."

Shame flushed her cheeks. Iqiohr had laughed at her when she asked for a book, saying her only job was to please him. Even at seven years old, long before she knew what pleasing him would entail, it had stung.

"You were never taught to read?"

Myth shook her head.

"There's no shame in that." Norrix curled a finger under her chin and tilted her head up. "I didn't know how to read at one time. Nabu had to invent writing first. It was painful to try to read his chicken scratch cuneiform. Even he couldn't after a while. Humans say cuneiform went through several 'developmental stages' but the truth is Nabu couldn't read his own writing and changed it."

"Before she disappeared my mother used to tell me stories. There are so many books in... Where I'm from. I always wished I could have one, but reading wasn't a necessary skill for an... For me."

Norrix sat next to her. "This book is written in hieroglyphs, it's an ancient language from Kemet. Here." He took her hand in his, opened the book and placed their intertwined fingers over the hieroglyphs on the first page. He moved them over each depiction as he translated. "This says 'Thoth, God of wisdom, time, writing, magic, and the moon offers these words to one who is worthy'."

Myth snuggled into him as he read to her, wishing this could be her life.

"I like your scent now. You smell like warm apples. When you ran from me in the hall yesterday, your scent was rotting apples."

"I had to leave. There were men watching me like the Mage makes me watch him. The see everything I do here, except when I'm in my room. One of them likes to hurt witches. If I'd stayed they would have told the Mage you were touching me."

"Well, now there's one less of them."

"What?"

"He chased you. There's no aggression allowed here. The defenses killed him."

"Oh no." Myth's heart pounded and her vision grayed out the room. She'd be blamed for that. Iqiohr would hurt Fable, give her to Tizoc. "He's going to blame me."

Norrix sighed. "I really, really hate Mages, and I hate that you're returning to one. He makes you watch him?"

"All the time."

"Stay with me, Myth. I can keep you safe. You never have to see a Mage again."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I—" She couldn't bring herself to tell him about Fable. Every man she knew used them against each other. Norrix seemed different, but he still wanted her to be his. Myth couldn't take the chance. After she freed Fable, maybe she could think about Norrix. He couldn't help her now. Iqiohr had an army.

"I have to go." Myth pulled her hands from his, stood and straightened her dress."I thought I could have this, with you, but I can't do it. Now it's going to be too hard and everything is ruined!"

"I don't understand why you're going back to him! I wish you'd tell me why and let me help you." Norrix sounded defeated, and she hated knowing she'd caused that in him. "I won't stop you from leaving if that's what you want to do."

Myth picked up the knife and and backed away from him. Tears filled her eyes as she opened the door to leave. She stepped through, closing the door to Norrix's room and her happy memories at the same time, and fled.

<><><><><>

NORRIX

The door slammed behind Myth as she ran. From him. Ran back to the bastard Mage who had brainwashed her into thinking she was nothing more than a vessel. The Mage who raped her. His Draga. A woman he could see settling with, starting a family.

Why, when she was free and offered safe passage, had she chosen the Mage?

It took everything in him to let her leave. Every instinct urged him to lock her up, to keep her away from the Mage, but that was exactly how the Mage treated her. Norrix would never make her feel like she was less than everything to him.

Plus, letting her go was the only way he could follow her straight to that bastard's lair and kill him.

He'd had her blood. He could track her across the world.

Crossing the hall, he pounded on Stryx and Ember's door. "I gave Myth the knife. She wouldn't stay though. She's leaving to go back to that Mage!"

"She must have a reason, Norrix." Ember rubbed reddened eyes. "No one would go back to that without a good reason."

"Whatever Mage she's going to doesn't want that knife for anything good, either," Stryx said. "You had her blood?"

Norrix nodded. "I can track her, but following her will be faster."

"I have to go back to Port Storm." Ember held up her phone. "Viktoria found out Musette's magic is poisoned. The Spider-Mage did it so he could kill other mages when they tried to take her magic. I have to get these possible antidotes to Musette as soon as possible. I want to go with you to save Myth, but if Musette got worse while I was gone, or..."

It wasn't bad enough mages tortured and drained witches, now they were using them as booby traps? Had the Mage Myth was running back to done something like that to her? Norrix shook his head. "It's all right. You need to be with your sister. I'll go after Myth. The only thing is the keys. They can open any portal you've already been through, but in your case that leaves you a few miles above the ocean."

"Oh. Even with my wings I don't think I can fly that far. Or carry someone."

"Surely there is a way to barter passage or open a different portal. Do you think Clio will know of another way we can get home?" Stryx asked.

"You could ask Baba Yaga to take you." Norrix grinned. "I saw her transportation in the hangar. She might want to go with you to see Selene about her ballerina. Ask Clio, she can send the pixies to Baba Yaga or Koschei with a message."

"Too bad we didn't meet Santa. Musette would have loved to hear about a ride on his sleigh."

Stryx clapped Norrix on the shoulder. "When you find out where your Draga is going, call us and we'll send backup. Jael, Melchior, even Drake if you need him. He'll help with this."

"I love Plan D."

<><><><><>

"Clio, I need to know where she goes, please."

Clio wore a crestfallen expression. "But we don't track where our guests go when they leave. I don't have a way to see where they go."

Norrix slammed his fist on the counter. "She chose to go back to a Mage!"

"Wait, Mr. N. She's still here. We don't track where they go when they leave, but I can tell you where the gateway formed when she arrived. She might have a key that opens multiple portals, but if she returns to the same place..."

The Mage had let Myth come here, but it was unlikely he would let her out of his sight for long. She would probably go back the most direct way, now that she had what she wanted, even if the key could open more portals. "Yes, please. Anything you can tell me."

"Her gate opened on the lake shore. Go get your girl, Mr. N." She waggled her fingers. "Adieu, bon voyage, ciao, don't die, excellent egress, farewell, goodbye-"

Norrix stopped her with a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you."

"I expect the wedding to be here!"

Norris waved an arm over his head in a vague acknowledgement of her words as he sprinted through the lobby to the elevator.

Myth's gate opened on a lake shore here, that meant a lake shore wherever she was going. It would have to be isolated for the gate to be big enough to open on the ground.

Norrix unlocked the door to his room and threw the closet door wide. He filled a waterproof pouch with keys, his phone, money, identification, and two guns. Ashana was neutral territory, but it didn't have a problem with guests carrying weapons, only if they were used. Changing into cargo pants and a hooded long sleeved shirt made of dark, heavy UV blocking material, he tucked gloves into a pocket. That would protect him from sunlight, but the water made him nervous. He had nothing to restore the strength he'd lose in or over water. He slipped knives into sheaths, a collapsible staff into loops on his thigh, and strapped on empty holsters for the firearms.

With no more plan than to follow his Draga, he ran for the lake. She'd only been here for the knife, which he'd given her. There was no reason for her to stay.

By the lake he chose a boulder to conceal himself and dug out his phone to call Ciaran. "Are you at the compound?"

"Yes, but—"

"Will you find Xenos? I need you two to help me with some things and I don't have much time to explain."

He peered around the rock. Myth walked towards the lake like her feet weighed two tons each. Why was she going back when she so clearly didn't want to? There was only one way to find out.

"Norrix? Ciaran's voice came to him. "I found Xenos. What can we do for you?"

Norrix explained what he needed from each of them and hung up before they had a chance to ask questions. Stuffing his phone back into the waterproof pouch he skulked around rocks and trees to come up behind Myth.

She stood on the lake shore, extending her key and turned it. Norrix picked up his pace as the telltale click opened the gateway.

Knife in hand, Myth walked into the portal. It was dark on the other side, night. At least he wouldn't turn to ash the moment he crossed. He waited until the last possible moment and dove through the rift after Myth, rolling to the side as he landed. It was indeed night, and the area was obscured by dense fog.

Myth trudged away from the gate without a backward glance. She plodded along the lake with slow steps, stopping when a wooden barge appeared out of the gloom.

"Hurry up, witch. You're late. Iqiohr is waiting for his Esne."

Her shoulders slumped as her entire being diminished before his eyes. The creature before him resembled nothing of the spirited woman who'd asked him for a story book kiss. Norrix clenched his fists, wanting to murder the mocking man who shackled his Draga so thoroughly with only a few words.

Two men leapt from the boat into waist-deep water and used ropes to haul the boat closer to shore. A wide plank extended from the barge to the beach. They herded Myth onto the barge with poles. She moved like it was the steps to a gallows and her execution.

Two men pushed away from the bank. The three men and Myth remained standing, facing the lake. Norrix hurried to the edge of the water's edge and dove for the raft. Fighting panic and the urge to flail, he stretched his arms out, fingers brushing the edge of the barge. Using all his strength Norrix pulled his body under the raft and clung, thankful he didn't need to breathe.

"What was that?" one of the men asked.

"Probably one of those damned dogs," another man said.

Dogs in the lake? Ahuizotls? It would have taken a lot of power to separate one from its pack. There's no way even two mages could have broken multiple Ahuizotls apart. If they were here, that meant this was Lake Texcoco, and Myth lived in the home of the magic of the Scorpion Mage. Aztlan. Norrix fought to order his memories. An enormous island in the middle of the lake. Seen from above, it was shaped like a tree with seven boughs, each connected to a cave. Seven tribes, each originating from one of the caves.

The center of the trunk was where the Scorpion-Mage made his home. A pyramid of white stone, so tall it could be seen from the banks of the lake. Steep steps on four sides led to a platform that looked to be constructed from red bricks, but were white stained with blood from sacrifices of still beating hearts.

A palace built from gold. Norrix resisted the urge to snort underwater. Nothing was too good for the Scorpion-Mage magic. While none of the Mages trusted or liked each other, it had always thought itself better than everyone else, even its Mage brothers.

Ember said the knife and the book didn't belong together, and seen together they hadn't sparked any fragmented memories. But here in Aztlan... Something about Aztlan and the black knife ate at his memories. Had he seen that knife before? Witnessed it do something? Damn Nebu.

The inky water around him had zero visibility. Stuck face up, he had no way of knowing what lay below him. Ahuizotls weren't likely to be as friendly as the one Ember and Stryx brought back from the island. Norrix couldn't drown, but they could dissolve his bones.

Away from the bank the barge picked up speed, skimming across the surface so quickly Norrix only maintained his tenuous grip by digging his fingernails into the wood as his body felt heavier by the second.

"My son has been spending a lot of time with the little witch." One of the men's voices carried to Norrix.

"No. He won't let you have her. I did as he asked." Myth's voice trembled. "She's only four years old."

"It is already wearing the totem of our family. Four is young, but not too young to show it what a witch is for, right? How old were you when Iqiohr started your training?"

Myth had a daughter. A daughter. A vampire could only sire children with his Draga, and Norrix had long ago put thoughts of a family out of his mind. Zax's words came back to him now - the end begins when he saw through the eyes of a child again. His own child? His Draga's? And the end of what? He'd always thought Zax meant the end of the world- She'd beaten back the blackness that swallowed worlds more than once, but she didn't always win - and a final death for himself. He'd wished for that more than once. But the idea of a family, fathering children, made his past crumble. It felt like the last ten thousand years were nothing, his life started now, and forever wouldn't be long enough.