BOOK 3 - Myth Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SofBlack
SofBlack
401 Followers

Viktoria crossed her legs and sat back in her chair. "Ember was going to tell us how she and Stryx came back from Ashana. Jael and I flew from Pohjola on a swan through the soul paths. We're seeing who had the most unusual transportation."

Ember pointed a finger at Myth. "I'll be having words with Norrix. We almost died! I traded the gifts Memory and Dream gave me to use in Ashana to Baba Yaga in exchange for a ride. When Norrix parked the plane, there were all these chariots, a UFO, a sleigh-"

"A sleigh!" Musette sat up straight, eyes fixed on her sister.

Ember held up a palm towards Musette. "Just a sleigh. I did not see a jolly, fat man in a red suit."

"We did. And the reindeer," Myth said. "One of them had fallen in love with a fire breathing horse and didn't want to leave."

Musette laughed, leapt to her feet, and did a shimmying dance in front of Ember. "I knew Santa was real!"

Fable giggled. Myth decided at that moment that Musette's laugh was contagious, but Fable's laughter was the sound she craved to hear.

Ember groaned. "How many times are you going to throw that in my face?" She leaned to one side to see around her gyrating twin. "Anyway, there was also a throne and some broomsticks, but it turns out Baba Yaga flies around in a mortar and uses the pestle to steer it. Norrix might have mentioned that. The only problem was her dream started before we landed, and the mortar spun like a top. I thought we were going to get thrown out and I was going to have to see if I could poof in midair!"

"Baba Yaga's dreams can be prophetic." Selene said. "I would have liked to see her again but perhaps the dream and memory settled her enough for her powers to assert themselves. If she dreamed about her ballerina she might well know where to find her now."

"Koschei seemed very protective over her."

"He's her brother."

Fable yawned.

"Norrix can show you a place you can get some sleep. He's waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs."

"Make sure you are well rested, darlings. We'll have to go shopping tomorrow to buy a thing or two for you."

As Fable hugged Selene the woman whispered something to her daughter. Fable looked startled, then grinned. "Are you sure?" Selene nodded.

Myth leaned down to pick Fable up. Selene touched her arm and Myth paused.

You are alone, do you understand? Selene spoke in her mind. That didn't seem right. She was with the other strygoi. She had Norrix and Fable. Her hand flew to her abdomen.

Selene nodded.

Myth felt a weight she hadn't realized she was carrying lift free.

<><><><><>

NORRIX

Norrix could do nothing as Ember and Viktoria vanished with his girls. Nothing but happiness and amazement came through their bond though, easing his anxiety. "Four strygoi in a week after a thousand years of none. I never thought I'd Witness that."

"When I went to see Drake he mentioned strygoi don't like to be alone," Jael said. "We should start a betting pool for the next vampire to fall."

"I bet on Alaric," Norrix said. "I can't wait to see him tamed."

"The Mage?" Stryx asked. "Is he contained?"

Norrix shook his head. "Ītzpāpālōtl tore his heart out, ate it, and ripped off his leg to use for a club. I wasn't going to tell a goddess she couldn't have the heart."

"Fuck."

Norrix couldn't tell if Stryx was pissed the mage had escaped or impressed with Ītzpāpālōtl's work. It was probably both. "She and her demon women took care of Iqiohr's men. There's a pack of Ahuizotl in Aztlan, but even with their help I'm not sure I could have gotten Myth and Fable out of Aztlan without Ītzpāpālōtl and her Tzitzimimeh. The Scorpion-Mage magic is out there somewhere looking for a new body, but Myth and Fable will always be my priority."

"Any of us would have chosen to do the same thing," Jael said. "Of all of us you deserved to meet your Draga."

"Yes." Stryx put a hand on Norrix's shoulder. "I am happy for you. I didn't mean to imply blame."

Norrix shook his head and grinned. "It's odd to hear you say you're happy, but I like hearing it."

Stryx smirked. "Emotions are exhausting."

"We have the Eel-Mage and the Spider-Mage in the dungeon," Jael said. "That's no small thing. Their magic won't be going anywhere. I'll keep breaking their spells and getting what information I can from them."

"We need the Spider-Mage to tell us what he did to Musette's magic soon. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep Ember from asking him herself if we can't get her an answer."

The silver medallions in Jael's black swords gleamed, giving Norrix a chill. The assassin's swords were untrustworthy before, now they seemed worse. "New swords?"

Jael nodded. "A gift from Viktoria. I should pack."

"Going somewhere?" Norrix asked.

"To Viktoria's house. She refuses to live somewhere smaller than her closet. Since she can bring us back here in a second with her magic we won't be far away."

They entered the compound. "We have some pretty big rooms here," Norrix said.

Jael shook his head. "You haven't seen the size of her closet."

Norrix laughed. It felt odd but good to be speaking of closets and happiness, like they were humans. "I need to get a room set up for Myth and Fable. Fable was almost murdered and Myth had a busy day turning strygoi and bringing hundreds of Tzitzimimeh into the world. They'll be tired."