Book, Cover

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But..." Dave murmured.

Evie looked at him, seeming to only just see him. "Simon had... We went to bed, I woke up, left him sleeping, I thought. He'd had an aneurysm sometime during the night."

Dave put his hands over hers, squeezed gently. He watched as tears ran freely down her face, her struggle to finish the story.

"The funeral wasn't that hard to arrange. We'd already made preparations - our wills, insurance, all kinds of things, as easily for both of us as just for me - and we cremated him. Our daughter and son went with me out to the coast, we scattered him out there, by Cannon Beach. He loved it there."

She pulled her hands from under Dave's, then clasped his firmly in her own.

"I'm sorry to be telling you all of this - " she began but Dave cut her off.

"You needed to tell me. I understand. Come here," he said, standing up, pulling her up with him, taking her into a hug. She folded herself against him, her body hot with emotion and tears warm on his chest.

"It's okay." He clasped her tightly to him, feeling her shudder. "It doesn't mean you love him less. It doesn't mean you've forgotten him. You told me because you'll never forget him, you'll never stop loving him.

"That doesn't mean that you can't keep moving on. You had made plans together." He let her go, gently and firmly took her by the shoulders and held her in front of him, looking into her eyes as she stared into his. "You can do whatever you want - stay here with your books, buy your RV and travel." He smiled. "Because you love him and remember him."

Dave leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

"Do what I want," she murmured.

"Yes," said Dave.

Evie took a deep breath, gripped Dave's arm with one hand and wiped at her tears with her other. "Then, if you don't mind," she said, "I think I'll go to bed."

Dave nodded, smiling. "I'll get the lights. You go up. Good night."

"Good night, Dave." Evie stepped to the lounge room door and stopped before she left Dave's field of view.

"Thank you."

* * * * *

Dave finished his glass of wine, finished Evie's, then searched through the drawers in the kitchen for some kind of cork-replacement for the wine bottle - until he realised it had a screw-top. He closed the bottle and put it into the refrigerator, then rinsed out the glasses at the sink and set them to one side, unsure as to whether they should go into the dishwasher or not.

He wrapped up the chocolate and put that into the fridge as well, then turned off the lights as he made his way to the stairs. Evie had left a light on at the landing above, so Dave turned off the light in the entry and headed up the stairs.

When he reached the top he looked for the switch, expecting some kind of toggle, and when he found it he noted where it was to come back to when he made his bed ready. He took his carry-on bag off the bed and set it on the floor, turned down the comforter and sheet, and stepped out to turn off the light. When he did, he could still see a soft glow from the other end of the landing, near Evie's door.

In the dim light, Dave could see clearly his way back to the guest room, as clearly as he could see that Evie's door was ajar by a few inches. A few gentle exploratory steps yielded no squeaking floorboards and Dave peeked cautiously into the room.

Evie seemed to have walked straight into the room and thrown the door closed behind her, expecting that it would close completely and did not check to see that it had. She had thrown back the comforter and sheet on the bed and left her shift on the floor.

The dim bedside lights cast a warm orange glow, illuminating her tan skin and giving it a sheen like burnished bronze. Dave watched, rapt, as she was clearly caught up in her pleasure, some mix of past memories and present release.

Her breasts had yielded somewhat to the gravity of time but not much, her thighs still looked strong, her belly heaved with barely quietened breaths. Dave watched her reaching up to clasp one breast, then the other, chewing on her lip as she threw her head back on the pillow in her ecstasy. Her other hand slithered down over her belly, across thick hair that in the light still seemed lush and dark, although Dave felt sure it must be as salt-and-peppery as the hair on her head.

She drew her knees up level with her hips and as her fingers found their way into the soft folds of flesh between her splayed legs, she gasped softly. She reached deeply into herself, thrusting hard against the pressure of her hand, then closing her legs tight over her wrist and locking her hand between them with the fantasies playing out in her head.

Dave felt breathless and yet as hard as iron. He slipped his fingers through the flies of his pyjama pants and ran their tips along the underside of his cock. He knew he couldn't stay and watch but he didn't want to turn away. With a supreme effort of will, he backed up softly and went into the guest room, closing the door with as soft a click as he could manage.

He turned on the light and opened his bag, pulling out the socks he had worn that day. He turned one inside out, then took off both T-shirt and pyjamas and stretched out on the bed. It yielded gently beneath him but again did not squeak.

"Ahhhh," he sighed through gritted teeth as he slipped the sock over his cock and gripped himself firmly through the slightly sweat-damp cotton.

He closed his eyes and imagined the scene again, Evie's head thrown back, her hands on her breasts, digging between her legs, her skin like bronze.

His arousal was quick, and potent. He bent his legs, squeezing the muscles tight to prolong the pleasure that threatened to erupt at any moment. His breath became short, hard, and he grunted softly, confident in the closed door's ability to muffle his quiet ecstasy.

He grunted again and squeezed his belly muscles as tight as he dared, finally letting a snarl pass his lips before feeling the boiling mess of his orgasm spew from the end of his cock. His vision blurred for a moment and then his orgasm overtook him and he felt his cock continue to leap in his hand, heat and cotton and sweat making his hand slick with sex.

He fought to control his breathing, bring it back down to something approaching regular. His hand felt like a mess, but only where he'd been gripping his penis - a glance down showed that his plan with the sock, a makeshift condom at best, had worked. He slipped it off his penis, gripping and cleaning with the cotton as he went, then slipped it gingerly into its companion and dropped it onto the carry-on bag.

The entire operation had left one hand utterly useless for anything besides being cleaned and he weighed up in his head the likelihood of Evie being distracted by any quiet noise he might make going into the bathroom. He stood up and stepped gently to the door, stooping to hook his pyjamas onto his pinky finger and with his good hand switched off the guest room light.

He opened the door as quietly as he could and stepped through. He saw Evie's door standing open wide before he realised she was standing in front of him where she must have been listening to him doing the very same thing he'd watched her doing.

He dropped his pyjamas from his finger and stepped to her just as she stepped to him, gripping his neck with one hand and snaking the other behind his back. He instantaneously did the same and felt the sweat on her back even as he felt her mouth on his and her tongue urgently seeking out his own. They kissed hard, fiercely, as if each sought to devour the other in their embrace.

He released her and stepped back, then scooped her up into his arms and strode like a giant into her room. At the foot of the bed he spun around and collapsed backwards, pulling her down on top of him. Again they found one another's lips, even as their hands sought to map one another's bodies, instinctively seeking to match what they now experienced to what they has surreptitiously observed earlier.

Evie pushed herself up on outstretched arms and stared into Dave's face, her hazel eyes filled with sparks like molten metal in the lamplight. She bent her head and kissed her way down his neck, his chest, alternately kissing and licking at the sweat that now poured freely from them both. As she reached his belly, she gripped his knees with firm hands and with no warning at all took his prick in her mouth and sucked him into her throat until her nose was buried in the hair at his pubic bone.

Dave gasped in shock and pleasure and she slurped noisily on his cock, one moment licking it like it was some piece of brighton rock candy, the next sucking it seep into her throat as if she would swallow him whole. He felt his penis, semi-hard before turn now to iron and it began to pulse in time with his heartbeat.

When next Evie lifted her head to lick at his cock, he gently took hold of her shoulders and pulled her up to him, kissing her hard on the mouth, the salty, sweaty, slightly semeny taste of his cock on her tongue. He rolled to one side, feeling her hand grip his cock hard but stroking it gently, keeping it as erect as she could. For his part, he traced the shape of her breasts with his fingers, her rib cage, her navel and down to the wiry hair at the cleft of her legs.

He slipped his hand between them and his fingers met no resistance at all as they plunged into the hot warmth of her cunt. As two fingers curled inside her, his thumb brushed backwards and forwards over her clit, already standing proud from its hood with the strength of her desire only moments before. He felt her shudder under his ministrations and she gripped his cock even harder in return.

He looked at her face and she was staring hard at his until under his fingertips something inside her pushed back and her eyes rolled up and she hissed hard between gritted teeth. She let go of his cock and gripped his skull in both hands.

"Now," she gasped, her breath ragged. "Do it now."

Dave pulled his hand from her sex, licking the juices from his fingertips even as he stood over the foot of the bed, his other hand slipping behind the knee of one leg. He reached under the other, pushing them back to almost the position he'd seen her in before, as he'd stared rapt at her own desperate pleasure.

Evie's hands searched blindly above her head, grasping for anything, pillows, sheets, as her body began to contort in animalistic pleasure. Dave glanced down and in a single thrust pushed his penis deep into her vagina. Evie's back arched as if it would break, then she began to move her hips against him, spastically seeking a rhythm that would bring them both to that crisis they so eagerly sought.

Dave began thrusting back, by degrees meeting her own until eventually his down thrust met her upward one and he could feel the head of his cock dragging along the upper interior of her pussy. As their hips met, Evie's ground from side to side and Dave pressed hard to meet her. At first she shuddered and lost her rhythm but her eyes flashed wide open and with a grunt she redoubled her efforts to find what they'd had -

Until eventually the rhythm itself crumbled and they were simply hurling themselves into one another; until he felt himself pouring out through the head of his prick, fiery and draining; until he felt her under him tense up and freeze, a soft and piercing keening forcing its way out through her lips and shuddering through her body; until her felt her muscles grip him inside her as if they would tear his penis out by its roots...

Until they were spent, and Evie collapsed back on the bed, Dave by her side, his face buried in the sweat soaked sheet, her arm draped insensible over his shoulders.

Neither of them seemed to know how long they lay like that but Dave inched his way up the bed beside her and as he enfolded her in his arms she yielded to him and they found themselves waking in the morning glued together, her spine to his chest, with dried salt and spent desire.

Sunshine was trying to find its way through thick curtains. Evie turned, her hair a tangled knot behind her, and looked intently at Dave. His eyes were black in the shadow of the curtains and her own glowed more like the banked embers of a fire than the roaring conflagration of hours earlier.

She leaned up and kissed him tenderly on the lips.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"Thank you," he mouthed in return, and softly enfolded her again in his arms. They fell asleep, uncaring of the new day's world beginning outside.

12