Born Into Darkness Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On the far right there was a big kitchen, identical to the one at his house. And to his left was a hallway that led to the bedrooms, bathrooms, gym and tech room. Heck, there was even an indoor swimming pool.

Dean cursed under his breath.

He almost forgot about Munchy. He snapped his fingers and Munchy appeared in front of them confused. Munchy turned his head and when he saw Dean, he sprang into his arms making him laugh at his dog's childish act.

"Dean, this place is amazing." Sophie said.

"Deuces." Roxana ran down the hall. A door slammed closed.

Dean laughed and shook his head. Typical Roxana.

Kell yawned then looked at the both of them. "I'm going to sleep. I had enough excitement to last me about... when I wake up. Holler if someone needs to have their throats ripped out."

With that, Kell walked in the same direction Roxanna ran.

Dean turned to his mate and winked, making her blush. Cute.

"So Ms. Valentine, what do you want to do?" He asked as he set Munchy down, only hear a whine in protest.

His mate scrunched her nose then smiled, making his heart speed up.

"Breakfast sounds good right about now." Sophie placed Big Bertha on a bean bag chair and walked to the kitchen. He chuckled and followed her.

***

Eris

"You. You. Fucking. Bitches!" Eris pointed a finger at the smirking sisters. "You're on their side! How could you? I'm your friend. You're my friends!"

These fucking hags helped that human bitch, Sophie! They gave her a pinch of powers. That's why Sophie was able to punch her!

Lachesis smiled. "We don't like you. We just tolerate you because your dad told us to be nice to you."

Eris blushed. "He did not! And what are you talking about? Everyone loves me. And all men drool for me."

Atropos laughed, bending over with an arm around her stomach. "Oh, you're hilarious. You vapid bitch; no one likes you, yes you're hot I'll give that but you're a cunt. Sophie on the other hand... that's a woman."

The three sisters froze solid and all three of their eyes turned white.

Eris walked over to her throne and sighed in annoyance. She's fucked, now she had to find someone else to tell who has the same powers as the sisters. Maybe a seer? But she didn't know any... she could go to Hecate, but that bitch is close friends with Nyx...

When Thanatos erased Erebus and Nyx's memories it didn't work so well. They both know they're missing something; Nyx feels it the most for some odd reason. The other day she visited the underworld; she overheard Nyx talking with the boat boy, Charon.

She said she heard a voice. It was vague, but it could always lead to Kyros.

Man, if Thanatos were to find out, she would be dead meat.

"Klotho, you saw that right? Oh I really hope it's true!" Lachesis said clapping her hands while she jumped up and down.

Eris sat up. "You hope what comes true?"

The sisters look at her with their still white eyes, making Eris wince. Whenever they went into that stage they were practically untouchable, rumor has it the last person to ever touch one of them went blind; it was either that or the person died.

Whatever it was they were a no no.

Klotho smiled. That was a bad sign... For her at least.

"Nothing at all, friend." Klotho shimmered from her sight.

Eris had to blink a couple times. She didn't know Klotho could actually shimmer like that. It was so graceful; white stars sparkled around her body and then she was gone. She wished she could do that.

Maybe if she asked her dad to give her that power. Daddy would do anything for his little 'innocent' girl.

"This is going to be fun... don't you think so, sis?" Lachesis gleefully said clasping her hands together.

Atropos nodded in agreement. She reached behind her back and pulled out her shears and wickedly smiled. "It's time to end some lives. Come, dear sister." She held her hand out and Lachesis took it hesitantly.

Lachesis sighed and a small tear escaped from the corner of her eye. "I don't like what we're about to do. Do we really have to kill-"

Atropos covered her mouth and with that both vanished from Eris' sight.

"Who's going to die?" She asked out loud.

A rough hand clasped around her throat. A deadly growl rang throughout the throne room.

Eris gulped. "What-who-"

The hand on her throat tightened, making it real hard to breath. "Where's Roxanna?"

A squeak escaped from her lips. Who set him free? Why are rouges appearing left and right?

"H-Hey... what are you doing in these neck of the woods?" Eris said, trying to stall.

"Roxana went missing after she and I broke free of that wretched place. How could you just stand there like a mute while your -"

"That bitch has to relation no me, even if she's Ares' kid!" Eris screamed. She was glad they were put away along with the other rogues. Daddy was right, they are unstable.

"It doesn't fucking matter! You better hope she's alive." He said through clenched teeth.

"Ajax, you're poor of excuse of a mate is fine." She said nonchalant, just to piss him off.

"Where is she!?" Ajax yelled.

Eris was yanked roughly from Ajax's grasp and fell to the floor. She placed a hand on her head trying to focus, trying to stop the sudden rush of dizziness.

"I thought I jailed your rank ass in Tartarus?" Thanatos said, crossing his arms over is chest.

"Oh honey, didn't you hear. Precious Roxana is his mate." Eris said innocently.

Thanatos laughed again. Eris' core creamed at the sound of his laughter. She would totally fucked him right here, right now. He's just so damn hot.

"Is that so? Finally someone to tame the she-beast." He said leaning against a marble column.

Eris got up and brushed herself off. "She can finally get laid too."

Ajax growled menacingly. "Shut your fucking mouth."

The sound of Ajax growling made her hot and bothered all over, even though he was half beast; she would fuck him too if he weren't already Roxana's. But even if he did belong to Roxana; after she finds a way to break Dean's bond with that low life slut, Ajax will be her next mission.

***

Ajax

"Oh testy are we?" Thanatos spoke next.

Ajax wanted to shift so badly and rip his throat out. But he needed to know where his mate was, she came first before anything.

She looked so scared when he first saw her; yet she held up her guard and fought against those fucking demons, so called 'titans'.

Now he understood why they were put there in the first place. Fucking bastards.

But when Ajax got a good whiff of her, she smelt like red apples it was so intoxicating. He was so happy he found his mate after all these centuries.

He had no idea how to approach her when he found out, but it was Roxanna who approached him first. She kissed his cheek and ran away blushing.

Ajax thought it was adorable. Right then and there, his scarred heart belonged to Roxana's. They have yet to mate; they vowed once they escaped from Tartarus they would mate and have the millions of kids she's been dying to have.

His heart screamed for his mate. He will find her again.

Ajax turned his attention back to Thanatos. "Where's my mate?"

***

Roxana

Curled into a ball, Roxana silently cried. She was finally free. Free. But she was mate-less.

But it was her dumbass fault because she needed to find the guys and tell them that one, war was coming, two, rouges are escaping one by one and three, she was still alive.

Dean and Kell don't even know that most rouge gods were captured and sent into Tartarus. When Dean left after Kell magically fell from the face of all Olympus, more and more gods turned rouge. For the reason being, after the Titans were capture and put way, the council thought they could now rule all of Olympus, making all the 'others' their subjects.

How was she going to tell them? That's the only reason she left Ajax; that had to be the hardest thing to do.

Well, that and acting normal and not like a complete lunatic. She has to find the right time to tell them. Dean has Sophie and Kell isn't in the best shape. She'll most likely tell them in a bit so that they can prepare to do something and she can go back to Ajax.

"Oh this day is getting better and better." Roxana sarcastically said to herself.

She thought about Ajax and her stomach did somersaults and loops. She found her mate, but the funny thing was, she's half nymph and half Amazonian. She's an outcast and he was a Shifter like Dean, yet some way, somehow the fates decided to pair them together.

A mate. She doesn't know if she should be happy, pissed, or scared. All she knew was that when she first met Ajax, she was head over heels in love and shy as fuck.

Not only was he smoking hot, but he was funny and charming. He always made sure she was laughing or smiling while they were both down there.

Ajax was her missing piece. She could tell him anything and she did. She told him all the stories of her, Dean and Kell. How they formed their own little family. But it wilted when Kell went his own separate way. She was still pissed about that because if Kell would have never left Dean wouldn't have either and rouges wouldn't have been captured and war would never happen.

"Everything is so fucked up!" Roxana said yelling into her pillow.

"What's so fucked up?"

Roxana gasped, pulled a knife from her sleeve. She was disarmed in a split second by Kell.

"Zeus' ass cheeks, what the fuck?!" Roxana yelled in aggravation.

Kell chuckled. Classic Kell, never taking anything serious.

Actually now that she thinks of it, he's actually more serious now than he was back then. She wondered why though.

"What's so fucked up?" Kell asked once more, sitting down on the edge of her bed.

"I thought you were going to bed?" Roxana said annoyed.

Kell shrugged.

Guess the fates decided now was right time to tell him. "You might want to sit back. It's a long story."

***

Dean

He held the pan with two hands and swirled the pancake, he then flicked his wrists sending the pancake in air.

One second it was flipping and the next it landed on his head.

Sophie laughed while clutching her stomach. "Oh my poor baby, are you ok? You did a good job, you almost got it baby. Go sit, let me finish so you can eat."

Dean smiled at the endearments. It was so foreign to hear her call him baby, babycakes and sometimes pookie bear, which was his favorite. He walked over to the black marble island and sat on a stool, while he watched her cook.

"Hey honey, by any chance do you have a dock so I can plug in my iPod?" Sophie asked as she whisked the pancake batter.

Nodding, he walked out to the main room, fished for her iPod from her bag and brought over the small dock and connected it to an outlet in the kitchen.

"Put on my cooking playlist, please." Sophie said.

Complying, he selected the playlist and music blasted throughout the kitchen.

Sophie started singing and swaying her hips. It was so alluring, he sat back down and looked at her sing and dance around his kitchen as she prepared breakfast.

"Eh...lagrimas dulces, la noche sin besos queda de mi solead. Yo no me llore, no me llore que no me lore na' mamá..." [Hector Lavoe 'Un Amor De La Calle'] Sophie sang as she poured the batter on the pan making large circles.

Curiously Dean asked. "Sophie, what is this music?"

His mate froze and her jaw dropped.

"You've never heard of Hector Lavoe, the most amazing salsa singer?" Sophie said with a hand over her heart.

He quirked an eyebrow up, "Baby, this is all new to me."

Sophie smiled making his heart race. "Do you know how to dance?"

Dean shook his head. He may not know how to dance but he did know how to two step. That was pretty much it.

"Oh this is going to be fun." Sophie flipped the pancakes, the eggs, bacon and pulled out the four pieces of toast from the toaster and turned to face him.

She reached out and pulled him up from his seat. Sophie took his hands and placed one on her lower back, and with the other hand, she intertwined her fingers with his. She explained what to do and in minutes, after a couple trial and errors, he got the hang of it and was dancing salsa with his mate.

Never in his life had he felt like this. In peace and relaxed; Sophie brought out the good in him, even on his worst days.

"So... you're my mate." Dean said. Man, Kell was right, he was whipped. But he loves every minute of it.

"Dean. We have a situation-" Kell's sentence was cut off with an evil smirk on his face, which meant bad news for him. Kell is going to annoy the living crap out of him, just for seeing him do something as silly as dancing with Sophie or Eskimo kissing her.

Dean released Sophie; honestly he had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from whimpering. He already misses Sophie's warmth and body in his arms. It was like hugging a warm porcelain china doll. She was so small, warm and fragile, he's been dying to take her into his room and just cuddle and bask in her sweet pea scent.

He'd be willing to go to the far extent as to crouching behind her and pulling her sweater over his head, like a kid hiding behind his mother's skirt. Only it'd be Sophie.

Now, that he thinks of it, he'll actually do that. Hopefully Sophie won't take it the wrong way and slap him silly.

Sensing that someone was poking his head, he snapped out of his thoughts; it was Kell poking his temple and giggling like a school girl.

Whacking his hand away, Dean glared at Kell ready to choke him. "What the fuck is so important you just had to interrupt us?"

Whatever it was he had to tell, it be better be about someone dying or someone who needed to be killed. Fuck it, it just better be damn important because he seriously wanted to go hold Sophie again.

This mate bond is growing stronger and stronger. Maybe it was just him that was feeling all emotional and attached, but then again, Sophie did punch Roxana a moment ago... so it can't just be him.

He's been trying to think of how he can approach her and talk to her about this mate thing and get to know her even more. Damn, why are his emotions everywhere today, he's acting like a hormonal teenage girl on her period.

"Someone's a little grouchy ouchy..." Kell said in a baby voice.

Sophie's sing song laughter made him look in her direction and winked at her causing her to blush and quickly busy herself with breakfast.

"Kel,l you idiot, I said tell him when he's alone- is that bacon I smell?" Roxana said, walking into the kitchen wearing black sweats and a red tank top, with red fuzzy slippers on her feet.

"Yes it is. Sit down guys." Sophie said as she placed the last plate on the marble table.

He didn't need to be told twice. Everything his woman cooks comes out tasting amazing.

She divided the eggs into four and then the bacon. Sophie went to the far extent and made a large amount of pancakes. Kell took seven pancakes and shoved two in his mouth using his hands.

Dean smacked him behind the head. "You fucking animal."

Kell stuck his middle finger up and grabbed more pancakes. Roxana had more class and helped Sophie by taking out the condiments and juices.

Again, Kell opened the carton of orange juice and chugged it all in one shot. And his plate was spotless, yet he grabbed a couple more pancakes and toast.

He was about to hit Kell again, but Sophie beat him to the punch. She pinched his ear causing him to cringe. "Behave. I swear Kell Bear, it's like you were raised by bears. You're worse than Joey and Ricky."

Roxana took a sip of her juice. "Who are they?"

His mate smiled the most beautiful smile that made his heart skip a beat. "They're my neighbors' sons. Jose, the eldest, and Ricardo is the youngest, they're like the brothers I've always wanted."

"You don't have any siblings?" Roxana asked as she stabbed a piece of pancake with her fork.

Sophie sadly smiled and shook her head.

"Your parents didn't want any other kids?" Roxana questioned Sophie once more.

Dean saw Sophie look down at her feet, then walk back to the coffee maker and poured a cup of coffee, added sugar. She walked over to him and placed the mug in front of him.

He sighed in appreciation and kissed Sophie's hand; with the same hand, she it ran from the top of his head to his neck creating chills.

She cleared her throat before she answered. "When my mom had me something happened to her with the end result of her having to remove both ovaries. I'm the first and the last."

"Sorry to hear about that. I'd love to meet her one day, as well as your dad." Roxana said as she smiled at Sophie.

Dean wrapped his arms around Sophie's waist and pulled her into his lap; for once she didn't protest. He took her hand and intertwined their fingers together while he used the other hand to drink his coffee.

Looking up, he saw Roxana who had this sudden look of longing as she looked at their interlocking hands.

"My folks died in a car accident when I was thirteen." Sophie said quietly.

Both Kell and Roxana looked at her with pity. It was nice that they cared for his mate. He was glad they approved of her.

Sophie waved her hand. "Guys, enough it the looks; eso fue hace mucho tiempo- that was a long time ago. It was nice while it lasted. Now, what did you guys have to say to Dean?"

Dean had totally forgotten about that. "Yeah, what did you have to say?"

Kell pointed to Roxana with his syrup covered fingers. She glared at him then took a shaky breath.

His stomach was feeling funny, heavy as if he swallowed a rock and it sunk into his stomach.

Roxana looked straight at him. "Rouges are at war."

No one moved.

What did she mean rouges? He thought he and Kell were the only rouges.

"Roxana, explain, from beginning to end." Dean said pinching the bridge of his nose.

***

Sophie

War? How is there a war? There's nothing on the news that talked about an ongoing war... wait. Did they mean a 'god' war? Sophie mentally said to herself.

"Ok." Roxana sighed. "When you and Kell disappeared, leaving me behind, thank you very much by the way; I'm still pissed about that."

Kell scoffed. "We had our reasons."

Roxana's eyes turned purple. "Leaving me behind to go prance around with the humans isn't a good enough reason-"

"Roxana, stop sidetracking." Dean said. His deep voice caused his chest to vibrate, which made her whole body vibrate too, from head to toe.

"Right, right." She whispered. Her eyes morphed back to their normal color. "You remember when we helped imprison the titans?"

"Yeah," Dean said sipping his coffee.

"Zeus and his other kiss ass followers thought it was their divine right to control all other gods; trying to make them submit like dogs; this happened after you guys left. It got really ugly really fast, the 'rouges' who are gods against the council, either stayed to fight, went into hiding some are here, on Earth and others went as far as unionizing with other gods, non-Greek."

"Anyways, a good number of us stayed to fight, but we lost. We were sent to Tartarus and were held captive. That was until we found a way to escape; there are still a large amount of us being held captive." Roxana said shaking her head.

Kell cleared his throat while looking at Roxana.

"That's not all. We need you and Kell to join us so we can convince the council to set the others free and stop with the whole 'ruling other gods, nonsense'. If they don't comply, war will break out." When Roxana said the last sentence the whole room went quite, Sophie was able to hear Dean's heart beating from behind her.

Guess it was her turn to speak. "So... Zeus is the one in charge of the council?"

Roxana nodded.

"Who else makes up the council?" Sophie asked curiously.