Born Into Darkness Ch. 15

Story Info
No more chances.
9k words
4.74
8k
13

Part 15 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/16/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her stomach churned in the most awful way; as if there were very agitated butterflies in her stomach and not in a cute way either.

Bile began to rise from her stomach, making its way up Sophie's throat. Quickly covering her mouth, she sprinted to the closest tree and threw up the contents in her stomach.

Groaning Sophie wiped her mouth with the back of her shaky hand. "Ugh, and here I thought I was going to have a miracle baby with none of the symptoms."

Her sweaty curly hair plastered its self onto her forehead; hands clammy and unsteady. Sophie was ready to head back, until she noticed a pair of green almond shaped eyes staring at her in amusement.

She placed a clammy hand over her heart. "Holy nugget in a biscuit, you scared the life out of me Prygomache."

The Amazonian woman just stood there. Her short blonde hair was slightly damp, her clothes were clean and new, while Sophie had yet to shower and change.

Prygomache gaze went from Sophie's eyes to her stomach causing her to squirm.

"That child will be strong." Prygomache flashed in front of Sophie and placed her rather large hand onto Sophie's lower abdomen. "But if he's raised to hate he'll be the root of all evil, but if taught the ways of love and empathy he will not only harmonize the world, but become the most powerful god in all Olympus. One of the greats."

The Amazonian flashed out of sight leaving Sophie confused and happy. She was happy in the fact that she knew she was having a baby, but confused as to how Prygomache prophesied about the future. Was she related to the three sisters? She sure didn't look like them.

What the flip is going on? Sophie should be without a doubt comfortable with the supernatural world, but having someone predict her child's future was the icing on beignet.

Was her baby really going to be all powerful?

She was going to have to raise this baby herself. Dean wasn't here and neither were her parents. Never has she felt so lost and vulnerable.

Tears ran down her cheeks as she slid down to the floor using the tree as support.

"Oh mom, I wish you were here, you'd know what to do. I'm all alone and I'm scared that this baby might end up evil and unloved. I'm so scared." Sophie pulled her knees up, rested her forehead against them and used her arms to over her face and unleashed more tears.

She felt as if she were again alone in the world, like when her parents died and she entered into the foster care system. None of the girls would play with her and none her family members came to claim her. Sophie was again that scared little girl.

Pathetic and alone.

Maybe there was something wrong with her. Like she was cursed to never be happy, or was the universe's designated rag doll. Sophie always got the short end of the stick.

Why her? What did she ever do to deserve such a crappy life? She always made sure to be kind, to smile and look at the bright side in anything and everything. Always helped the less fortunate and gave more than originally asked; opened her heart once more after Danny only to get hurt and now pregnant.

Where's the bright side in that? She was tired of staying positive it was time to sulk a little; some time to herself.

She deserves to be selfish for once.

But as she looked down at her little bump, Sophie saw that she couldn't afford to be selfish she had to take care of the baby growing inside her.

Her precious baby.

Pride and joy made her heart swell; Sophie was going to raise the world's sweetest baby. He will be another addition to the Valentine family; he'll be so handsome and a gentleman. Mama's little boy.

Show him what's right and wrong. The world is too cruel; innocence is easily corrupted by evil.

She isn't going to allow anything happen to her baby. Over her dead body.

The last thing Sophie wants is for her baby to become the next demon spawn. She would never allow that. She would pinch her son's earlobe so hard and drag him out of hell and spank him no matter how old he was.

Who was she kidding she would never spank her baby; she didn't have the heart to. But she sure can threaten to, who's going to call her bluff. Certainly not her baby, he wouldn't dare to back talk to her.

Smiling, Sophie realized her mother's words were correct once again; looking at the bright side was the key to happiness.

"I'll make you proud mom and dad; you'll have the world's greatest grandchild." Slowly getting up, Sophie brushed herself off and took a big breath and felt the tension leave her body.

Exhaling she began making her way back to the house to freshen up and find something to eat, for her and her little guppy.

Looking down Sophie rubbed her lower stomach and smiled. "You have all my love to yourself now my little guppy. Let's got get clean and eat, mommy is very hungry."

*

Dean roared in anguish and rage. He was ready to kill; he never craved blood so badly until now.

His Sophie was pregnant with his child! And he struck her! He wasn't worthy to even be the same realm as her. He lost all control.

His head swayed in Kell's direction; seething rage coursed through his body.

Kell! He planted his fucking knee on Sophie's back! Squishing her and the baby!

Sprinting towards Kell head on Dean was ready to rip him to shreds; stopped by a strong force, it pushed him down onto his back. Dean tried to break free, but it was useless.

Vulnerable.

Something Sophie must've felt at the time.

His Primary was seething with rage, pacing back and forth ready to pounce at the opportunity of being released to look for their mate.

Looking around the room he saw Kanati with his hand out and eyes glowing.

The god was one sly son of a bitch. He was next to die, after Kell. "You're next you dipshit." Dean growled as he kicked his foot against the still present shield.

"Get a grip, this isn't you Ky." the god said.

Ask who entered the room next whistled, making them look in his direction. "Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on?" He shouted.

Dean's eyes flashed gold. "Sophie's pregnant." He tried to blast has way through the shield only to it rebound, striking him on the chest.

It hurt like a bitch, but he was too pissed to care.

Ask and Kanati inhaled sharply, while Kell cursed and raked a hand through his hair.

"Fucking hell!" Kell bellowed as he punched the wall closets to him. His fist went right through the wall, as if it were flimsy cardboard. "I fucking had my knee on her back!"

Abruptly Ajax walks through the door bloodied, holding a katana in one hand while wiping the blood off his nose with the back of his hand. Bruise adorned his face, neck and body; clothes were torn his breathing was ragged and his eyes wild with uncertainty. "We have company."

Without a second thought Dean went to his closet and under a pile of clothes were a set of dual pistols. Cocking them back he saw the men already fighting a mob of creatures. The same slime thing that attacked Sophie.

His primary begged to be released ready to kill, but Dean craved the need to rip something in half. And using his anger at an advantage he felt his powers creep its way throughout his body.

"This is for Sophie, you dirty fucks."

***

Sophie moaned in delight as soon as she walked into the kitchen. The women were cooking breakfast and a nice steamy pot of coffee was calling her name.

Making a bee line towards the dark liquidy goodness only to be stopped by Roxana, she snatched the pot of coffee and went to grab a mug.

Pouting at the goddess Sophie tried to give her the best puppy dog look she could conjure only making the rest of the woman laugh.

"Sophie, Prygomache told us the news. Congrats, but it also means no more coffee. You of all people should know that that's bad for the baby, especially at such an early stage." Gina said as she fed Junior another spoonful of what looked like mashed bananas.

Looking down at her bump that was beginning to look noticeable, especially now that she wore a white t-shirt that clung to her body; she was going to look like a swollen flea by the time nine months come around.

An arm was placed on her shoulders and guided her to a seat in the kitchen. A plate of pancakes with eggs and bacon were placed in from of her along with a cup of apple juice.

Sophie pouted once again. "I don't like applejuice."

"Ay pro dios! Actua como nena." [Jesus, you act just like a little girl] Neith said walking in Sophie's direction with a cup of what looked like orange juice, but when Sophie took a sip, she knew right away it was passion fruit. "Happy now?"

Eagerly nodding Sophie began to eat, almost devouring her food in seconds.

When she was done eating the last bit of bacon and eggs she looked up and saw the girls stare at her with awe.

Rain giggled behind her hand while Gina and Neith smiled. Roxana on the other hand had a mouthful of coffee and her eyes widened like two tea cup plates.

Heat rushed straight to Sophie's cheeks. "I'm sorry I was so hungry and it looked so good."

"It's the child's doing." Spoke a voice making them all jump.

Phoebe laughed as she grabbed an apple off the counter and bit into it.

Sophie liked this sister; Phoebe was always in her own world, always happy. "What about my baby?"

The Amazonian smiled. "Since the child continues to grow inside you, you will become hungrier, moodier and all sorts of things. There was one this woman who took shelter here too, not that long ago, she shared a case similar to yours, anytime she felt threated anyone who would be even three feet from her would fall asleep."

The women gasped and took three steps away from Sophie.

Gina raised her hand. "Uhm, that won't happen to Sophie will it?"

"That's crazy!" Roxana commented as she shoved a powdered doughnut into her mouth.

Phoebe shrugged. "I don't know. But I do know these types of pregnancies last for a couple months, not the like humans who usually have to wait nine. Sophie, you might have a good six months maybe five."

Instinctively Sophie placed a hand over her bump. "Hm, I don't know how I feel about that. Isn't that too soon? Are you positive?"

From the corner of her eye Sophie saw Roxana about to shove another doughnut in her mouth. "Rox, you better finish chewing that doughnut you have in your mouth and have an actual breakfast or else you'll be the first to fall asleep." Sophie said narrowing her eyes.

She heard nervously laugh and slowly lowered the treat and reached for something else.

The Amazonian snickered behind her apple then nodded.

Wow. She'll only experience her pregnancy for only a couple of months. It was a relief yet it sucked knowing she wasn't going to get the full experience of carrying a baby.

"Oh, don't make that face; I carried Junior for six almost seven. Trust me when I say this, five to six months is going to feel like a life time. You'll want him or her out by the third." Gina said smiling.

Sophie could only nod at her friend's words before she felt the same sensation she felt earlier. Covering her mouth she ran to the bathroom and once again puked out all the contents from her stomach.

"Oh did I mention the symptoms such as morning sickness actually last about a week or so, you should be good after that. I made sure there was an abundant supply of crackers and ginger ale." Phoebe said and flashed out.

Sophie felt hands rub her back, she wished for once that they were Dean's only to have Neith's hand, snake down to her stomach.

"You're going to have a handful there. Don't worry, I'll be you're coach and be there to help you through the birth, I'm doing the same with Gina, she's about to pop any second." Neith said flipping her hair away from her face.

Sophie took the wet wipe that was handed to her and wiped her mouth and looked up and gave the girls a watery smile. "Thanks guys."

*

"I'm so bored. I want to go back to work." Sophie pouted when she failed to scratch her cheek, only to be impossible while being wound up in Gina's knitting yarn.

Neith jerked her head in her direction. "Ew going back to that dinky place and helping sick people?" the goddess' nose wrinkled in disgust.

How can she say that? That place was literally her second home. Sophie would sleep in the extra rooms when she needed a place to crash. No one knew except Mandy and a couple of the staff members. They offered her their place, but she didn't want to impose.

"Yes, the hospital. It's my job, I have nothing to do. No offence Gina I love sitting here and helping out with knitting, but it's not my thing." Gina shrugged and went back to knitting.

Roxana was tapped the flat end of her pocket knife against her chin as her eerie eyes looked up at the sunny sky. "How about working here? There's an infirmary here."

Sophie sighed. "Yes, for animals. Last time I checked I was a nurse for people, not a vet assistant."

"Oh, someone is getting a little cranky. Why don't you go take a nap?" Rain suggested as she played with Junior's hair; giving him little pigtails all over his head using tiny hair bands.

Junior didn't complain at all; the child was too busy eating a slice of watermelon.

A nap did sound good, but she didn't want to be those lazy pregnant women who sits and does nothing. It was also not good to be inactive while pregnant, it makes birthing the baby more difficult and painful.

A sudden shriek caused Sophie jerk up at attention.

Rain grabbed Junior and ran behind Neith, who didn't look happy over the fact that baby drool was now running down her shirt.

"Ay que te pasa?" [Hey, what's your problem?] She used her powers to change her shirt into a cleaner one.

Without a word Rain pointed to the floor.

All of them looked to where she pointed to and saw a small mouse innocently sniffing around.

Sophie laughed at Rain and the others joined, all except Rain.

"It's just a mouse. Now move before I drown in Junior's spit." Neith waved Rain away with her rhinestone nail file.

Bright sparkles appeared in front of them and next thing they knew the three sisters were in front of them.

Lachesis spotted Sophie and squealed in delight. Two sisters winced at their sister's action.

"Lachesis, please behave." Klotho said in her usual monotone voice. Her sea blue eyes locked onto Sophie and actually smiled.

"Sister, we saw the news. Sorry we're a bit late." She said gracefully walking towards Sophie and cupped her cheek.

Atropos peered over her sister's shoulder and stared at Sophie's belly as if it were an alien then her eyes shifted to Gina's huge belly. The Goddess actually paled, she gripped her scissor tight as if it were a teddy.

"Stare a little harder, you'll see it move." Gina said without looking up from her knitting.

Atropos' eyes widened. "Really?"

Lachesis gasped and smacked her on the arm and walked over to Sophie and dropped to her knees.

Sophie shook her head. "No, you're going to get your dress dirty."

Ignoring her words Lachesis placed her hands over Sophie's belly and watched in wonder. "Oh, I feel it. He's going to be badass with the most charming smile, a cheeky little thing."

Klotho placed her hands above her sister's and smiled once again. This was a rare thing to see; when Sophie first met the sister's, especially Klotho, she thought that the goddess hated her. But that's just how she was until she warmed up to people.

"Oh boy he's going to be a handful, I wish you luck sister he's going to be a lot like his father." Once those words left her lips the air around them got tense.

Sophie's heart clenched. Dean may be the father, but she was not letting him back in; and even if she considers it he'll have to do a whole lot of begging and couch sleeping before she'll let him even hold her hand or even sleep in the same room.

Gina's hand found Sophie's and squeezed. "I know you don't want to hear it, but you should at least tell him that you're ok. I told Ask because of Junior and my baby girl, he has the right to know."

Tears blinded her. Gina was right, but what Dean did was so wrong and the same goes for Kell they both promised her that they were going to protect her. They were her family.

"He was supposed to protect me and keep me safe. What he did is inexcusable, I can't forgive him and even if I do I'll always have that in the back of my head. What if he does it again and hurts our baby?" She said looking down at her bump.

Neith lifted Sophie's face, making her look into her eyes. "Hermana [sister] Gina is right, Rain and Roxana did the same with their hubbies, and you should do the same. Just let him know you and the baby are ok. It'll do you some good."

Her heart clenched again. Her inner animals purred and mewled in agreement. She should give it a shot, just a few words and that's it, short and simple.

A sudden nervousness rumbled in her stomach. Sophie was all of a sudden scared and nervous. What if he was still in that demonic phase? What if he rejects us or if she melts all over again?

No she has to and will be strong; she has a baby to rise.

Sophie attempted to get up only to have Gina's yarn in the way. Everyone laughed while she struggled.

"I'm appalled, Sophie was able to take on my sisters, and here I am seeing her struggle all because of string?" Tecmessa smirked and slowly began to walk away, not before nodding her head in the sister's direction and they in return did same action.

Roxana flicked her wrist and Sophie was free.

Right as she was about to open her mouth she hiccupped; the unexpected happened. Bubbles and glitter escaped her mouth making her and the others gasp.

"Should I be worried?" She asked.

Rain squealed and ran with Junior in her arms to pop the bubbles.

"Mira nena [look girl] they're just bubbles." Neith said while glaring at Rain. "I don't think you have anything to worry about Sophie, I don't sense anything wrong, and it's just a new symptom."

Sophie nodded and rubbed her belly. "Ok, I'm going to go talk to him, please try not to kill each other." Hiccupping once more bubbles and glitter came out once again.

Rain bit her lip trying to suppress the urge, while Neith scolds her.

A whimper escapes the goddess' lips and once more Rain runs to pop them. Lachesis took Junior and gave him a raspberry on the cheek making the baby laugh.

"Ew its drooling and its stinky!" Atropos whined in disgust.

*

Dean wound his arm around the fucker's neck and ripped its head from its body, but it was still moving.

"Burn them!" Kanati shouted as he held his palm out and shot flames out of his hand.

From the corner of his eye he saw Kell struggle his way out of a mosh pit of those slime things.

His brother was becoming more and more creative by the eons; then again even while growing up Thanatos did like to mess with the evils of the underworld, not caring who he hurt.

Stretching out his arms he yelled. "Is that all you got brother?"

The Shifter was the first to complain. "Dean, now is not the time to pull an Odysseus please."

Ask laughed as he ripped the creature's limbs and watched it squirm on the floor. "I would ask for a new house or a lot of air fresheners because these things stink; or its Kell or Kanati who's farting up a storm. Remember the last time that happened it was Roxana's turn to cook and she made chilly that sent them both to the bathroom with the shits."

The god groaned. "Yeah I'll admit it. But that goes to show women who fight better than they cook should stay the fuck away from the kitchen. At least I didn't shit on myself."

"You guys just won't forget that oneeverit was one fucking time." Kell said slicing his way towards them.

Kanati scoffed. "You fucking liar, you're always farting I'm not sharing a tent with you when we go get Heim. I swear my eyebrows almost burnt off last time."