Born Into Darkness Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sighing he crawled out his tent with Kanati following. "What the hell is going on?"

Kell came out of his next last and crossed his arms over his chest. "Kanati gave me some nasty bark shit and it was making my stomach hurt so I went to take a nap-"

Ajax groaned. "He farted so bad he impaired my vision. My eyes won't stop watering. Damn Kanati did you do that on purpose?"

The native god bellowed out in laughter, Dean chuckled. "I didn't do anything, Kell's fat ass found my snacks, I didn't give him shit he was the one helping himself. Serves him right, sorry you had to experience that kid."

A sudden war cry made all go into serious mode.

"What the hell was that?" Ajax asked as he got up pulling out the dual swords attached to his back.

It was hard to see with the falling snow in the way. But there was a lot of commotion going on a few yards from them.

"Could it be more of those things your brother sent after us?" Kell asked.

It couldn't be because they were silent creatures with a particular scent. Whatever was in front of them had to be people.

Slowly pulling out his sword Dean singled the others to do the same and waited.

The noise was growing louder. Metal against metal was very distinct, so they had weapons with them. And apparently other animals, there was a lot of growling.

Finally shadows appeared in front of them and revealed people, but they were made out of ice. Their eyes glowed and the weapons they carried were surprisingly metal.

Why not ice? Maybe someone supplied them with the weapons. Whatever these things are is a threat.

Dean and the guys knew to wait for them to attack first, but they just stood there starting at them as if waiting for a signal of some sort.

"Come at me popsicle stick." Kell yelled at the man in front of him.

The ice man snarled and attacked first.

His blood warmed and slithered threw his body warming him up followed adrenaline. These ice soldiers proved to be hard opponents. They knew how to dish back a punch and did it well. Whenever Dean went to deliver the final blow, the ice solider would dodge and strike him back hard.

"You just had to open your mouth Kell; did you not realize that we're down on man?" Ajax grunted as he was punched in the gut with the blunt end of the ice soldier's sword.

Kanati was having a hard time keeping them back as well. They were doing everything in their power to maim him, but not severely injure him.

Dean noticed also and stopped fighting back and placed his sword back in its sheath. "What do you want?"

The ice soldier looked at him and pointed in the direction he and rest came from.

Looking at the guys he saw Ajax pinned to the floor with a bruised cheek and Kell was being chained up.

"Guys we follow them, they don't seem to want to hurt us." He said and Kanati agreed.

Not bothering in asking them to release Kell and Ajax. Dean began walking into the snow storm.

"For once I don't have a bad feeling about this. That's what worries me." Kanati whispered.

*

Gina's pained moans made Sophie cringe, good thing she was behind her giving her a lower back massage as Neith was checked on her dilation.

"Gina you're just beginning to dilate, relax and breathe. You had Junior I'm pretty sure you can handle this one." She states as she removes her gloves.

Gina grunted and threw herself back. Sophie's hands were caught in between the bed and Gina's back making her stand in an awkward position.

"When are they coming? It's been hours." Gina whined.

Lachesis giggled as she held a very pale Atropos who had her face buried in her sister's shoulder. "It's only been fifteen minutes, they're coming."

Just as the goddess finished her sentence Rain and Roxana came back with a sweaty Ask.

Sophie was a little sad that Dean wasn't with them, but it's best if he kept his distance for now. Trying to move her hands was futile so she just gave the god a wobbly smile.

He ran to Gina's side and kissed her making all the women in the room 'aw'.

"Ask climb on the bed behind her and let her lean on you, she'll feel better with you there." Neith pointed.

Once he helped Gina sit up slowly Sophie ran to Neith side and slipped on a pair of gloves. She too checked for anything abnormal and checked Gina's blood pressure, everything seemed good.

Looking up she saw Ask rub Gina's belly a whispered in her ear. It made her smile and turned away to give them privacy.

Neith placed her long hair into a ponytail and helped Sophie do the same with a finger snap.

A wicked smirked appeared on Sophie's lips as she looked at the goddess. Neith saw her and crossed her arms.

"Que me miras? [What are you looking at?]

Sophie's cheeks were hurting, but she didn't care. "You like this sort of stuff... don't lie you do." She said as she poked Neith.

Slapping her hands away she walked over to the other side and huffed in annoyance.

"Sophie." Hearing her name she saw Ask motioning for her.

Walking to him she scrunched her brows together. "Something wrong?"

The handsome god shakes his head. "You when you left with the girls Dean was devastated about his actions as well as Kell. They never meant to hurt you."

Sophie looked down at her feet. "I believe him, but it doesn't excuse what they both did to me. Both promised to protect me no matter what I held them to that promise and now I can't trust them to protect me and the baby. Yes Dean is still the father, but he has to show me he won't lose control again. And sorry of I bring this up now, but Gina is scared of you as well, so don't make him look like the victim."

Ask held his head low and sighed. "I know what I did to Gina was wrong, but all I'm asking is to not shut Dean out completely."

Sophie nodded and went back to her corner.

It was nice of Ask to defend his friend, but she didn't like that everywhere she turns people are telling her to give Dean another chance. Of course she was going to give him another chance, it's just she needs to see that Dean wants this baby as bad as she does and is willing to protect her. She may be strong enough to defend herself, but not when in a couple months when she can't even see her own toes much less fight someone.

Mates are supposed to protect one another, what's the point of allowing Dean in if he might hurt her again?

She never knew what it felt like to have an enemy that wanted to actually kill her. Yes there was Danny, but he wanted to possess her not kill. Now there are Gods that have more power than her that want to her hurt. Eris wants to hurt her especially after humiliating her as a human.

It was all too much for her, but she's willing to look past that if Dean is willing to be at her side after she sees major improvement.

Hearing Gina curse her husband and the whole universe Sophie snapped into action. Slipping on a new pair of gloves she stood beside Neith and helped assist trying to make it easier for Gina and blue handed Ask who looked as if her was ready to cry himself.

"One more push Gina, the shoulders need to pass through and we're all done." Neith mumbled.

Gina screamed as Ask pushed her matted hair back trying to comfort her.

Neith passed her the baby girl and began to wipe her down. The baby was breathing normal and her lungs sounded clear and healthy.

Looking up she looked at Gina. "Do you want to cut the cord or should I?"

Gina held her hands out and Sophie passed her the scissors.

There was a thump behind her startling her and as Sophie turned she saw Atropos on the floor with her sister slapping her back awake.

Laughing Sophie checked the health status of the baby and handed the baby back to Gina and Ask and went to help Neith clean up.

In doing that she couldn't help but smile thinking of her own baby. She hoped that Dean will be as attentive if not more like Ask was with Gina. The windows were opened wider letting air enter and so was the door. Klotho walked in with a happy junior, she handed the baby to the couple and went to help her unconscious sister.

By the time they were done, everyone gathered about Gina and waited for her to announce her baby's name.

Sophie was clean wearing sweats and t-shirt along with her pink piggy slippers.

Gina smiled down looking down at her baby's face. "Her name is Aribelle Sophia."

Sophie's eyes began to water. No one named a baby after her. Yeah it wasn't the same, but still it was an honor. "You guys really didn't have to do that."

Neith hugged Sophie from the back. "Please chica, its prefect, plus I have too many girls named after me."

Rain giggled. "Conceded much?"

Neith scoffed. "And to think I missed you when you were gone."

Sophie laughed and looked around the room. Never in her life until now had she felt at home with the people around her.

There was commotion going on outside and next thing she knows the last person she ever expected to walk through the door was an annoyed Eris.

"I heard Dean's bitch is knocked up. Sophie dear let me get a good look at you."