Boston to Birmingham Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,984 Followers

Vincente exploded.

"You arrogant bastard! How dare you threaten and harm my family. I'm going to take pleasure in watching you die slow."

Hardy waited his tirade out. When he finally wound down Hardy simply said "beer bottle". It exploded into small pieces, without the sound of a shot. He looked into the shocked faces around him before smiling.

"Suppressors are wonderful, aren't they? And these ear buds, you'd be amazed at the range they have. Look at your chests."

Vincente looked down, three red dots were centered on his chest. He looked round.

"They're in the tree line."

"That's over four hundred yards!" he exclaimed.

Hardy grinned.

"Yes, three of the people in the trees are ex military, snipers. One holds the record for the third most distant kill, almost nine hundred yards. The rest are just good ol' boys who cut their eyeteeth hunting deer. You can't see them, but there are another three a lot closer. Don't worry, all I want to do is talk, I just wanted to get your attention. Tell your guys to be calm, nobody has to die today. What say you and I sit down in the shade and have a beer? But first, send Grandpa across the field. You don't need him anymore, you've got me. I give you my word, unless you start it, there will be no violence here today."

Vincente said something in Spanish. One of his men opened a door, and Joshua and Ronnie got out.

"Damn, Ronnie, they got you too? Well. Do me a favor and help him across the field."

Hardy had heard his grandpa cuss before, but never like this.

"He's in on it, boy! He's the one got me, the one that gave me this lump! He's the lowest kind of snake. You don't expect this shit from family."

"That true, Ronnie?"

It was said softly, but Ronnie looked in his eyes and saw death.

"Well, not exactly, I......."

Joshua blew up.

"Yes, fucking exactly. Ask him!"

He pointed at Vincente. He nodded.

"You know how it is. Use whatever tools available to get the job done."

Hardy looked Ronnie over.

"When this is over, me and you are gonna talk."

Ronnie felt the hair rise on the back of his neck. Old people said that happened when somebody stepped on your grave.

"Enough family chit chat. Don Vincente, if you would."

They walked to the picnic table and watched Joshua walk into the trees.

Hardy flipped open a laptop.

"Look at this."

It was a video of his villa, with his family on the beach. They seemed to be looking for something. They started pointing and laughing.

A large, remote control boat was crashing through the waves, shooting fireworks out of the smokestacks. There were three packages on the deck.

When it beached, the bodyguards pulled it in, laughing. The women and two children tore into the packages. He watched in horror.

"Relax, Mr. Escobar. You just surprised your family with a loving gift. They were told it was coming, but not what it was. There's a note in you wifes' present, telling them how sorry you are for being away from home so much lately.

The girls, aren't they lovely? They got a gold locket each and a brand new, state of the art smart phone with international capabilities, so you can tell them goodnight no matter where you are in the world. Your wife got the same phone, and you know how much she likes emeralds, she got a nice, really nice necklace. I won't embarrass us by telling you what it costs, but you said in your note she was the moon and stars to you, and it was just a small token. You're gonna get some good loving when you get home. And if you're wondering, the note is in your handwriting, even using the pet name you have for your wife while you make love."

"Here, this one is yours, and I know you'll check them out, but they're all clean. She should be calling in about thirty seconds."

The phone rang before he stopped talking. He held it like a snake before putting it to his ear. It was his wife, crying, telling how wonderful he was, how much she loved him, when was he coming home? And yes, she did tell him he would get a very special welcome home gift. As soon as he hung up his children called, one after the other.

Hardy smiled.

"Family is wonderful, isn't it? I don't know what I would do without mine. Now down to business."

"Those presents could just as easily been bombs. I don't have your money, but I've got some, and part of it is in a fund that can only be accessed by me or two designated agents. If I and anyone in my family comes to harm, your family dies. You get to live, I want you to carry the memory for a long time."

Vincente looked into his eyes.

"You're a monster!"

Hardy replied in kind.

"We're both monsters, Mr. Escobar. What you and I are capable of goes far beyond the understanding of most people, yet we can do it and sleep at night. If we continue, people are going to start dying, people who don't have anything to do with this, on both sides. Let's stop it now."

"What do you suggest?"

"Let the kid take a plea deal. He's a punk, you know it as well as I. He's traded on your name to the point he believes himself untouchable. I'm sure this morning gave him a wake up call. He's twenty, he could be out in eight years. Maybe it'll make a man of him. Or he might end up with a bitch tag, but I'm sure you'll make sure he's protected."

"This little war has cost you what, thirty million? And it's going to get worse. Your California lawyer is no doubt singing like a bird.

Heard from Diego in San Diego lately? You won't.

Cut your losses, mend your fences, rebuild your business before it's too late. Give me your word, and all of this grief will go away, or at least my part of it."

Vincente was still shocked about the depth of his information. He made a decision.

"If I give you my word, would you trust it?"

"Yes I would, in all my research, your word apparently means something to you. I'll give you my hand on it."

He held out his hand, and Don Vincente Escobar, feared by millions, took it. He knew there was no fear in this man, and he would honor his word.

Rising he told Hardy to have Gwen write up the agreement, he would make sure it was signed. They walked back to the vehicles.

Ronnie stood there in shock as they loaded up.

"No," he screamed, "He's supposed to die!"

He raised his shotgun, to have it knocked out of his hands by a man with a cane. He had his leg in a cast and his arm in a sling.

Hardy thanked him.

Pulling his shirt off,the men could see the fresh scar of the cut, and a smaller one on his neck no one had seen before. The group also saw all the old scars and bullet holes. Their eyes widened at the sight.

"Tell him he's a malo hombre, and he almost got me."

Another translated, and the man grinned. They shook.

Vincente looked at Ronnie.

"Do you want him?"

"Not now, too many witnesses. Ronnie, run. You stay and I'll kill you slow, you understand?"

He nodded, crawling into a vehicle.

"One last word of advice. Leave now, don't even go back to your place. DEA is closing in, soon. Don't use your jet, they're watching it. Make other travel arrangements, now. Good bye, I honestly hope I never see you again."

Vincente thanked him, and drove away, south. Hardy did indeed never see him again.

Vincente looked back as they drove away, seeing men in gillie suits rising out of the fields, and what looked like a skirmish line coming out of the woods. He was very grateful no one had done anything foolish. He literally pushed Ronnie out of the car on the edge of town, and he watched on hands and knees as they sped away.

................................................

Gwen was stunned when the Escobar lawyers wanted to talk. She was even more shocked when they agreed to a deal, He got a lengthy sentence but could get out as early as seven years. All the tension, all the drama, and suddenly it all went away. Somehow, she knew Hardy was behind it.

Her year was up. Paul and Karen were begging her to stay, Paul even hinting she would make a fine district attorney when he retired in two years.

She was tired. the last twenty months had been at the least, interesting. She was exposed to a totally different world, and for the most part liked it immensely.

She promised Paul she would think about it, but was going to take some time off to 'recharge'.

The counseling had ups and downs. She didn't realize it at first, but the chairs were gradually moved closer, and one day they were gone, replaced by a large sofa. They were closer than they had been in a while, even if it was strained. The next session saw the sofa replaced by a small loveseat.

She often wondered about what he did for sex. She made good use of the internet, buying enough toys to have a little variety. Two sessions ago she brought it up, with Bill's encouragement. He wondered too. She had told him about her toys in the individual session when he asked if she was seeing other men.

"Until I'm divorced, I'll never touch another man.

I promised myself."

She delicately brought sex up, explaining to Hardy she was never going to stray again. He shocked them both by laughing.

"You love sex, Gwen. Do you seriously think I believe you're doing without?"

He laughed even harder when she told him about her toys. Finally she said in anger she could last as long as he could.

That started a fresh round of laughter.

"You've already lasted almost a year longer than I have, then. You destroyed the marriage covenant in my mind when you cheated. I've had a steady lover for the last ten months. I held out for awhile, then figured you were doing it, what difference did it make if I did it too."

"Before you ask, it isn't Crystal. You don't know her, she doesn't even live in this area. I'm not in love, neither is she, but we're good together, she's a fun person. Intelligent, and definitely sexy."

Gwen almost went into shock. He Hardy with another woman! How could he! She lashed out.

"You need to stop this foolishness right now! I'm more than willing to give you all the sex you can handle, all you have to do is ask. The sooner you ask the better."

"Sorry, Gwen, stomp your foot all you want. I may have already broken it off. I may still be going hot and heavy, but you'll never know, will you?

How does it feel, wondering? Welcome to my world the last few months of our marriage."

It was too much for Gwen, she rushed out of the office. When she didn't come back in five minutes, Bill went looking. Her car was gone.

"She's gone. You really hurt her, you know that?"

"I"ll apologize when I see her next, but not for doing it. She broke the marriage, not me."

"You're not going to reconcile, are you?"

"I don't see it happening. Yes, she's grown up. Yes she's more mature. Yes, I still love her. But really Bill, how much has she changed? It's been almost two years, and she won't let go. As far as the marriage is concerned, she's still stamping her foot saying 'I want'. She should have realized by now I can't forgive her, not for the infidelity, but for the disrespect."

Bill sighed. He thought several times they were going to make it.

"All right then. Next session will be the last, but promise me you'll tell her what you told me as gently as possible."

"Are you still seeing the woman?."

"No, she broke it off with me, suddenly. She said she was starting to have feelings for me, but for some reason that didn't ring true, but it was fun while it lasted."

He really missed her.

...........................................

He was sitting at the bar, nursing a drink and minding his own business, when she approached him.

Short, red hair, cute, and very well built. The band was on break and you could actually hold a conversation.

"Why aren't you dancing? I've seen at least four girls ask, and you've turned them all down. What's the problem?"

He grinned.

"Maybe I can't dance. Maybe I'm gay. Maybe I like minding my own business."

She grinned back, no offense taken.

"I doubt all of that. I bet you're a good dancer, I don't get the least gay vibe at all, and maybe I like minding your business too."

She held out her hand.

"Anne Burnside. Actually Captain Anne Burnside, U. S. Army."

"Hardy Wilkes, Sergeant, U.S. Marines. Sorry about the Army thing, I bet you're still a nice person."

"That remark will cost you a dance, soldier. Come on, fall too."

"The band had started again.

She was right, he was a pretty decent dancer, surprising for his size. He was a full foot taller than her. She still fit pretty good against he when they danced slow.

They laughed, danced, drank. Both drank sparingly, the others seemed angry when he monopolized her time, but no one was brave enough to do anything about it. As for her, she seemed quite fine with his company.

During the last set he got up.

"I'm going to my room now."

He strode off without another word. She sat there, shocked. He didn't even say good night.

She got her purse and headed towards the door.

He was standing there.

"About time. I was about to give up on you. Come on."

He led her gently to the elevator. She stood passively while he opened the door. He waited for her to enter first, but she just stood there.

He took her arm gently.

"Maybe this was a bad idea. Let me see you safe to your car."

"No! I want you, but you make me nervous."

"Why? Have I behaved badly? Made you uncomfortable? Are you afraid of me?"

"Yes."

Hardy was surprised.

"Why do I scare you?"

"My job has turned me into a pretty good people watcher. I usually have them pegged within fifteen minutes. You, I can't place. You seem nice, you're well behaved, but something in you simmers, just beneath the surface. You could be a very bad man."

"Surprisingly, you're not the first to make that assessment. But I assure you, I've never hurt anyone who didn't try to hurt me first. And except for one time, I've never harmed a woman. Part of that was an accident. But I understand.

Give me a kiss goodnight, surely I've earned that, and I'll leave you to the rest of your evening."

She leaned forward as he bent his head, and for a fleeting second knew what the moth found attractive about the flame.

It was a slow, sensual kiss, with a hint of the power and passion she knew he possessed. Forgetting her reservations, she kissed him back, forcing her tongue into his mouth, surprised he would allow it, when she felt his tongue come alive, overpowering hers and driving it back. She was lost and knew it.

In his room, she found him forceful but surprisingly gentle. He was definite in what he wanted while not forcing her, and she responded in kind, pliable, willing to let him set the pace.

He undressed her leisurely, like she was a present he was unwrapping, taking time to taste and explore each new area before moving to the next. By the time he had her down to her panties she was almost ready to explode. Despite her best efforts he would not be rushed. Finally both nude, she marveled at his body, well toned and muscular. She also noted his maze of scars, validation that this was indeed a dangerous man. She counted at least four bullet wounds.

"Combat?" she whispered, tracing one particularly long scar with her fingertips.

"Not that one. Most of these are from a youth lived badly."

She decided to kiss every scar, trying to erase some of the memories he held.

"From now on, every time you look at these, remember my lips on them. Change the memories to pleasant ones."

She gripped his erection.

"I think I need to check this for scars."

She slid down his stomach, kissing his scars on the way down.

Stoking his cock, she moved it back and forth, examining it.

"Humm. No visible signs of damage. Maybe I need to take a closer look."

He felt her tongue on the crown, so light he could have easily been imagining it. It took every ounce of control to keep from grabbing her head and forcing her down.

He didn't have to wait long. Her warm lips engulfed him, it felt like he had dipped it in warmed honey.

She was making little approving noises, varying the speed and depth of her assault. He felt the almost forgotten tingle of the approaching explosion, and tried to pull her up.

"Anne, Anne! I'm about to cum!"

She looked up into his eyes and plunged all the way down, burying her face in his pubic hair. Her throat seemed to be massaging him, and despite his efforts not to he gripped her head and poured months of frustration into her mouth. She never came off, even as her jaws bulged with the volume.

After he was soft and cleaned, she slipped her mouth off and snuggled.

"My God! That was fantastic! Thank you for that, but why didn't you let me pull off?"

She grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"Don't you know the Army always finishes what it starts. I must admit, I didn't expect the volume. How long has it been since you've bedded a woman?"

"Almost a year."

She couldn't keep the amazement out of her voice.

"A year? That's a story worth listening to, and it can only have two spins. Either you were in jail, or somebody you loved fucked you over. I want you to tell me about it later."

His lips had captured a nipple, while his hand massaged the other. She moaned.

"Much later works for me."

"Damn, he's almost as good as a woman." she thought as his tongue and fingers became familiar with her clit and pussy. He was in no hurry, pleasuring her through multiple orgasms.

When he finally mounted her, she lost complete control. He went from soft and gentle to rough and demanding several times. Finally she surrendered, determined to give him what he needed.

They loved, slept, and two hours later he would take her with fingers, tongue, or steel rod hardness.

The third time she taunted him, saying he had tried everything but her ass, maybe he should go for the full package. She thanked her stars she had lube in her purse. How could something that hurts so bad at the start feel so good at the finish?

She woke sore, bruised, and completely satisfied.

His morning wood was quickly taken care of orally, citing soreness and a need to recover.

They pretty much spent the whole weekend in bed, going out when they absolutely had to. In between lovemaking bouts he got the story of his marriage from him.

"The girl sounds like a spoiled brat, but she seems to be growing up. Gonna take her back?"

His look made her want to grab him and love the hurt away.

"I doubt it. I still love her but just can't get over it. Too much redneck in me, I guess."

"Not trying to cut my throat here, I'd love to see you again, but think about it hard. Maybe she is a better person now. You might want to give her a chance."

He just grunted before capturing her nipple again.

They agreed to meet when he came back in two weeks. Soon she couldn't wait until Friday. They became pretty much an item.

The days he didn't spend the night or weekend hurt her, but he made it a point to take her to dinner or a club every time. Sometimes they even got in a quickie.

The weekends were the best. They didn't spend ALL their time in bed. They did touristy things, went down to Florida, Amelia Island once, Jacksonville twice. They read with fascination about the local a.d.a. and his troubles with a drug cartel. The man seemed larger than life, and was constantly pictured, usually with a stunning woman on his arm.

Hardy looked at the latest story and mumbled something about being able to relate. Their conversation later took an odd turn.

They were lying in bed in post sexual bliss, snuggling. She felt him pull away and rise up on his arms. She opened her eyes to see him looking at her with an expression she had never seen.

"Anne, honey, in all the time we've been together, have I've ever asked about your work, or presumed to ask a favor?"

"No, we rarely talk about what we do. I thought you were in construction, you could have floored me with a feather when I found out you were a lawyer. What's on your mind?"

qhml1
qhml1
8,984 Followers