Bound to My Mate Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,666 Followers

The driver from earlier was suddenly standing at our table and I started a little.

"The car is ready, sir, as you requested, please pardon the interruption." He then stood back looking expectantly at his boss.

I jumped out of the booth, "Oh no, am I late?" I fumbled through my pockets looking for my cell phone and cursed my inability to remember to wear a watch.

Joel seemed to find my sudden movements humorous and slid out beside me. "Not late, love. I wouldn't let you do that."

I rolled my eyes at the patronizing tone he seemed to slide into so quickly. He was definitely used to being in charge.

As we walked toward the exit I pondered this recent and strange meeting. I felt more comfortable with Joel Latro than I had any reason to. By my count he had assaulted me in a bathroom, had me followed, broken into my house, and stalked me at work. Despite my gut instinct of really liking the guy, I felt a little nervous about what was happening to me.

As we rode back to the clinic he sat holding my hand, smiling slightly, and looking overall pleased.

"Worried about something?" he asked casually.

"Just wondering how you should endear anything other than fear," I blurted out.

Joel just laughed as did our riding companions.

"So, do you fear me?" he asked as he leveled serious eyes on me.

"No," I replied looking right back at him.

"So you don't fear me, even though you think you should?" he asked. "Hopefully it will all be clear soon."

I shook my head and looked at him again. I couldn't disagree really. I felt at ease with him, like he belonged in my life. I certainly couldn't disagree I felt attracted to him. As we pulled into the lot I was still working through the problems in my mind.

"Just drop me here, I'll walk in," I suggested absently as we ringed the building.

"Fat chance," came the surprise commentary from Nate. The front seat had been so quiet I'd forgotten we were not alone.

Oh, how I wished they had just left me in the back of the lot. Being dropped off was the height of embarrassing.

Not only did I get out of the SUV, Joel also got out to walk into my little clinic. He slipped his arm around my waist possessively and escorted me inside. The man seemed intent on me showing him every room in the clinic and introducing him to every member of the staff. All in all, I felt he took extraordinarily too long examining my office before placing a chaste kiss on my forehead and leaving.

After he left, there was a riot to cram into my tiny office and get the dirt. It was uncomfortable to say the least. I stumbled around a little on how we met and who he was, being that I felt like I barely knew.

As the afternoon dragged on very little else was spoken of in the clinic. As it turned out, several of the front office staff was familiar with his name. Apparently his family owned large tracts of land around town. They also owned a large hotel, the restaurant I met him in, The Club, and a ship yard farther south.

The more I learned, the more comfortable I got with my experience with Joel Latro. By description his family was rich and eccentric. They tended to do things the most direct way and according to the gossip, legal was only issue if they made it one.

Just before closing, as I walked through the mostly empty clinic, I was suddenly in the middle of a group of very concerned women. Ryana, the lab tech, and by far the most vocal of the group stepped up.

"Dr. Grant, we need to talk to you about your new boyfriend."

I still cringed a little at the word, I'd known the man all of a day.

"How much do you know about him?" she asked.

"Not much," I answered truthfully. "We only just met."

"How much do you know about werewolves?" she asked dropping her voice to a whisper.

Having seen the recent barrage of movies on the subject I nodded understanding.

The group of women she was with herded me quietly into a room at the back of the clinic.

"What's the relation?" I asked.

"The Latro family are all lycans, werewolves," said Ryana. "My grandmother's been cooking spells for them for years. She doesn't think I know, but I saw her talking to one of them one day, all right. He was in her living room and then changed into a giant wolf. She cut some of his hair and used it in a spell."

To be fair, this conversation is well within ordinary for the clinic. It's ethnically diverse. I'd heard my fair share of hoo-doo stories. More than once someone had come in that wouldn't get well and staff would insist it was due to a curse. It was also well known that Ryana's grandmother was a 'good' witch. I wondered if my patients often ended up under her care whether I liked it or not.

I tried to keep a straight face and it was really hard. I'd become accustomed to the talk of witches and magic, but only as it pertained to people I didn't know that well. This was different. Now I had three women staring daggers into me and telling me my new 'boyfriend' wasn't human.

"Wow," I said. "You saw him change in front of you."

"Well, not really in front of me. I was watching around the corner, you know. I saw his shadow on the wall change. It was real."

A mumble of appreciation passed through the group.

"My grandmother won't even walk on their land," said Bea in her lilting accent. She was from Haiti and was usually very level headed. "We've never been to their restaurants. Grandmother thinks they use their businesses to lure in people. They kidnap the ones they want to keep."

"Mostly beautiful women," agreed Sheneka nodding.

The group continued to look at me solemnly as though expecting me to say something.

"That's really weird," I started slowly. "I'll have to pay attention."

"No," Ryana interrupted. "He is a wolf. You need to run, okay. You need to get out of here before something terrible happens to you. Or has it already?"

The group took a collective step backwards and eyed me.

"Nothing has happened," I stated putting my hands up. "I can't just run away," I told them, "I owe a lot in student loans and I have a contract here, I can't just disappear. Frankly if he's planning to hurt me I can't imagine what his motivation would have been for coming in here and meeting everyone. He's really put himself in a position where he'd be implicated if something happened to me." I continued to plead silently with my eyes. Hoping the rest of this weird conversation would be quick.

"He's a wolf," Ryana repeated. "He came here today to make his presence known. He was here to mark his territory, you."

I shifted closer to the door and my escape.

"Listen I appreciate the warning and if anything weird happens I'll come to you all, but seriously everything is really okay."

As I made my way back to my office I was glad to be leaving. The craziness of today had worn me down, I needed to get home and relax. I groaned inwardly when I looked up at my tack board; tonight was that drug rep dinner I swore I'd go to a week ago. My phone buzzing in my pocket broke me out of my reverie.

The display said JOEL; I assumed I knew which Joel it was on the other end.

"Hey again," I said as I hit the send button. 'What exactly do you say to your stalker?' I wondered.

"I would love to have you come to dinner with me tonight, are you available?" Joel asked.

"I have to go to a drug rep sponsored dinner; I promised I would go a week ago. I'll have to catch up with you tomorrow," I held my breath as I finished my statement. I wondered if he would wait until tomorrow. He didn't seem to have any issues about invading my life whenever he wanted to.

"Of course, love. Enjoy your dinner, I'll see you later," he said.

Quickly gathering my things I used a brush from the back of my desk to smooth out my hair and made sure I had my lip gloss in my purse. I couldn't help but think I was doing it in case Joel showed up after my dinner.

Past the usual junkies and loungers outside the clinic everything looked normal enough. No dark tinted SUV's were hovering around and I didn't see anyone out of the ordinary.

I walked to my truck and got in, cranking the tunes up to full blast. Smiling, I thought maybe I'd call him after the dinner. It had been way too long since a guy was this interested in me.

DoctorWolf
DoctorWolf
5,666 Followers
12