Bowstring and Steel: Ep. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Raelina smiled. "There is nothing to forgive, and I also offer apologies for not informing you of your father's death. I didn't know how you would react."

"Ma'am?" I asked, getting the Empress's attention. "I would also like to apologize for my behavior earlier. I love Hanelor, and would do anything to protect her."

"You have fought side by side through a hundred battles or more. It's only natural to protect her here as well. My daughter has a loyal friend in you, Ranger." Raelina smiled a motherly smile at me.

"Mother, you don't understand. When he said he loves me, he loves me as a man loves a woman. Not just as a friend. I feel the same for him, and I will be resigning my Commission in the Paladins of Harsk tomorrow after the ceremony. Paladin Jalin has already agreed to hear my Final Confession and take my Resignation of Commission." Hanelor took my hand and our fingers intertwined.

Raelina's eyes widened at that news. "Ranger Hawke, is this true?"

"Yes, ma'am. I love Hanelor, and I have since before I found out she was your daughter." I admitted. "I make no apology for that."

"Nor should you, Ranger." Raelina smiled warmly and looked at her daughter. "Hannie, I wish you both the best, and I pray you find the love together that I never could with your father."

"We have already, mother. Thank you." Hanelor rose and embraced her mother for the first time in twenty years.

Raelina gently broke the hug and stepped back. "I wish you both goodnight, and the ceremony begins at high noon tomorrow. But for tonight, I will leave you to your preparations." She nodded to each of us and left, closing the door behind her.

Hanelor crossed to the door and threw the bolt. She then ran to me and into my waiting arms. Her body shuddered as she cried in relief while I held her close.

I took her hand and led her to the bed. We undressed slowly and I kissed her lovingly. "I need you tonight, Hanelor. I love you." I wanted her more now than earlier that day.

"I need you too, Jon. I love you so much." She moved onto the bed and I moved with her.

Once again I was kissing the woman I love deeply and passionately. Our moans and sighs escaping our lips as I moved on top of her. I kissed her neck and down across her throat, licking little circles on her skin as I went. I looked up into her eyes. "I am going to make love to you with my tongue, shirila."

She shuddered at that and smiled at me lovingly. "Yes, my love. I want you to!"

I smiled back at her and continued licking and kissing her breasts, spending a lot of time sucking her hard nipples and licking around them. She gasped as my tongue and lips brought her beautiful breasts more pleasure than she had ever experienced before. I licked down across her tight stomach and down to where her thighs met. She spread her legs and I inhaled the scent of her arousal. As I lowered my face further, I could see how wet she was already, and I spread her petals open with my fingers to taste her. My tongue licked slowly up between her lips, and her flavor was a perfect blend of sweetness with just a hint of salt. She gasped as my tongue touched her clit, and moaned loudly as I sucked it between my lips while flicking it rapidly with my tongue.

She cried out wordlessly and her fingers entwined themselves in my short hair as best they could. I could taste her wetness growing as I licked and sucked her sweet pussy, and I stiffened my tongue and thrust it into her opening. I twisted and swirled my tongue inside her, licking all around inside her pussy as she writhed and bucked her hips.

"Oh Gods, Jon! I'm going to come!" She shouted when I opened my mouth and kissed her hot pussy as I would her mouth. My tongue darted into her as I moved my lips over her petals and clit. She screamed in passion, her juices filling my mouth and sliding down my throat as I swallowed. As she started to come down from her peak, I kept licking and sucking her. I loved how wet she was and how I was able to bring her so much pleasure. Her pussy was like tasting the ambrosia of the Twin Goddesses. Janeltha and Jalensa, the Goddesses of Lust and Love had both blessed Hanelor, and I was the one to reap their rewards.

I lifted my face from her sex and moved up over her body. "How was that, Hanelor?" I asked with a smile.

It took her a moment to catch her breath. "That was the most wonderful thing I have ever felt, my love! I need you in me now, Jon. Give it to me hard!"

As if to lay claim to me, she reached down and grabbed me, pulling me to her pussy as her legs slipped up and around my ass. Once she had the head at her entrance, she pulled with her feet and I thrust into her hard. "As you command, Lady Paladin." I whispered to her before withdrawing and thrusting back in hard. I moved my hips quickly in and out, giving my lady what she wanted now.

Her hands went to my back, pulling me down her mouth. She kissed me with a hungry passion, her tongue duelling with mine for supremacy. I kept thrusting hard and fast, going as deep as possible into her with every inward stroke of my hips. She felt wonderful around me, hot, tight, and wetter than I had ever felt before. We broke the kiss and stared deep into each other's eyes as we fucked. We weren't making love now. This was an animal urge that needed to be sated in both of us. Her hips thrusted against mine as I gave her the hard fucking we both wanted and needed.

She snarled low and lustily in her throat and bit my lip when she started screaming my name. I felt her convulsing under me and around me when her orgasm thundered through her. Her inner walls gripped me tight, and the sweet convulsions of her pussy were too much for me. I groaned and shouted as I erupted into her like a volcano, firing molten cum deep inside her pussy. There were no words that could be said. Our bodies spoke for us in our intimate moments as we came down from the pinnacle together.

Where the hellcat had been below me, now there was the woman with whom I had fallen in love. Our kisses were now tender and loving, where before we had been hungry and passionate. Our lust and love both sated for the moment, I collapsed to the side of her, and she snuggled up to me. Her arm and leg went possessively over me, and I could feel our cum drip warmly onto my thigh from her pussy.

"By the Gods, Jon!" Hanelor exclaimed breathlessly. Her arm across my chest was shaking slightly in the aftermath of our coupling.

"I was about to say the same for you, Hanelor." I laughed softly as my body twitched in remembered ecstasy. My legs were shaking.

We laid there talking for a while after we had finished. "When I resign after the awards ceremony tomorrow, I will be keeping the Oath of Justice, Jon. Will you keep it with me?"

"Yes, my shirila." I smiled at her. I knew what she meant. The Paladin's Oath to Defend and Avenge. To defend the righteous against evil, or if she should not arrive in time, to avenge them and visit the holy fire of Justice upon those who had killed them.

"Then in our travels, we will help those we can, and avenge those we cannot." Hanelor said and kissed me. Her tall body, nearly as tall as my own, lay molded to mine under the comforter.

"Definitely, Hanelor. I might be resigning my commission as a Ranger, but I will not compromise the ideals that I have come to love, either." I told her. We held each other in silence as sleep took us that night.

We awoke the next morning to birds singing outside our window. The sun was rising, the light streaming into our window. I rose as normal and dropped to the stone floor in the front leaning rest position. Hanelor was still sleeping as I pushed out one hundred push-ups. I rose again, bringing my feet forward and standing to recover.

I looked at her. She was peaceful in sleep. I sat crosslegged and recited the Creed of the Ranger quietly as to not awaken her.

"R: Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

A: Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land or by sea, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

N: Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong

and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be,

one-hundred-percent and then some.

G: Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

E: Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

R: Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.

Rangers Lead The Way."

I finished and raised my head to see Hanelor looking at me in wonder. "Did the Battlemaster teach that when he came here centuries ago?" She asked.

"He did. He said it was the Creed of the Rangers on his world. He might be dead, but his teachings live on." I explained. "Every Ranger is taught to be STRAC, which stands for Strong, Tough, & Ready Around the Clock."

"I have seen you fight around the clock, my love. Remember?" She smiled and leaned down to kiss me.

I kissed her lips tenderly. "I remember fighting from sunrise to sundown and through the night at the Battle of Heretic Mountain. We lost a lot of good men and women that day, Hanelor. You were always at my side, though."

It had been a horrific battle. Fighting at the base of the mountain and up the sloping trails to its peak. The Ogres holding the mountain had made us bleed for every inch of ground we won that day. The Rangers and Paladins had finally fought our way up to the top after a brutal day and night of unrelenting combat. When the last Ogre fell, we were dead on our feet. I could barely draw my bow, and Hanelor could barely lift her sword. None of our surviving unit could do much but sit down, drink our canteens dry. We found the Ogres' water barrels and drank those dry as well. It had been the toughest battle of the war.

"That was when we found the perfect harmony in combat, Jon. Our actions were as if we had the same mind." Hanelor said.

We had truly bonded during that fight. We had sat down together leaning against the Ogres' command tent, and had passed out side by side. We had awakened to find her arms around my chest and her head on my shoulder, still with her helm on. I had looked up at Denna and Jalin standing there looking at us, and I had laughed at the expressions on their faces. Hanelor had woken up and immediately withdrew from me, standing and straightening her armor and weapons. We had been unconscious for nearly twelve hours, completely exhausted. After that battle was when we would flirt lightly with each other, mostly for stress relief before or after a battle.

"I think we should probably get dressed, Hanelor." I smiled ruefully and got to my feet. I moved to my ruck and pulled out fresh socks, underwear, and my dress boots. Hanelor did the same with her Paladin's Dress Tunic and Trousers. The dark gray with silver trim looked good on her. I dressed in the black with gold trim of my Dress Blacks. The half-moon shaped patch with the word Ranger sewn on the left shoulder of my tunic. I retrieved my medals from the bottom pocket of my ruck, and put them on in the correct order. I looked in the full length mirror to make sure I was good to go, and Hanelor came up beside me in her uniform.

"You look good, my love." She said as she looked at us standing side by side. She was only two inches shorter than me.

"You look better, shirila." I smiled at her. Her tunic fit her well, accentuating her breasts, hips, and shoulders.

"Flattery will get you everywhere, Ranger." She slipped her arms up around my neck and kissed me tenderly. I returned her kiss just as lovingly, my arms going around her waist.

We heard a knock on the door and I went to answer it. I threw the bolt back and opened the door.

Denna and Jalin were standing there smiling knowingly when they saw us in our dress uniforms. They were dressed as we were, but with more medals in Jalin's case. Denna and I had the same amount of medals on our chests.

"Are you two lovebirds ready?" Denna asked.

"STRAC, Captain." I said in response. We weren't in the field anymore, so Rank was back in effect.

"Good job, Sergeant. Now get out here and let's go get your medals and resignations out of the way." She smiled and broke garrison protocol as well as several other regulations by hugging me. "Jon, I may not get another chance to say this. All joking aside, I am glad you found someone special, and Hanelor is a good woman and a hell of a soldier."

"Thanks, Denna." Hanelor said with a smile.

"She's right, son," said Jalin. "While I have no problem with your relationship, and will be more than happy to hear her final confession and accept her resignation, there are some Paladins who won't see it like we do."

"What do you mean, First Marshal?" Hanelor asked.

"Cut the 'First Marshal' stuff, Hanelor. We've been friends for too long." Jalin laughed. He held the highest rank in the Paladins of Harsk simply because of his experience as a battle commander. "But in answer to your question, you shouldn't expect much help from any Paladins of Harsk you meet in your travels. In fact, some may even challenge you."

"But why, Jalin? I am leaving the Order of my own accord! I'm not being forced out!" Hanelor was shocked.

"Hanelor, what you are doing is not unheard of, but it is also very frowned upon by some. I will never judge you, though." He smiled, and Hanelor nodded.

"Then if it happens, it happens. We will be careful." She replied and hugged our old friend.

"Thanks for the warning, Jalin." I said as I shook his hand. "Remind me to buy a few dozen bundles of arrows before we leave."

"Buy a few dozen bundles of arrows before you leave," he replied in a completely deadpan voice.

I smirked wryly. "Thanks, Brother."

I walked back to our table and fastened my equipment belt on over my tunic, then loaded my quiver with fifty arrows before strapping it over my shoulders and to my belt. I attached my sheaths to my thighs and up to my belt as well, and I was ready. My leather belt and straps were polished to a shine, as were my boots. If my blades should be called upon for inspection, the grips were polished as were the blades. I removed my bow from the holster on the back of my belt and hit the catch to extend it. The slipknot in the bowstring unravelled it as it tightened. Smooth as silk. I collapsed it again and retied the knot before replacing it in its holster.

I walked back to where my love and our friends were waiting. "Ready."

We marched side by side down the hallway and out into the courtyard, where we were met with thunderous applause. Our surviving unit members were in the front row of the audience, cheering us on. Per protocol, we kept our faces neutral as we climbed the steps of the stage and marched to our spot behind the Empress where she stood behind her podium.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Empress Raelina said in a clear commanding voice, "We are here to honor two of our number who, working together, did what was once thought impossible. The Frost Giant commander, Vel'shorek led a final charge over the Bridge at Stone's Throw, and was slain by Master Sergeant Jonathan Hawke and Storm Justice Hanelor of Harsk." She used Hanelor's rank and name as a Paladin. "For their gallantry above and beyond the call of duty, it is my great pleasure to bestow upon them the Order of Imperial Light."

I was caught offguard, but didn't let it show on my face. Besides a slight gasp from Hanelor, I knew she had kept her face neutral as well. The Order of Imperial Light was Arethor's highest honor.

Empress Raelina turned to an aide who presented her with the first box containing the medal which would be hung around our necks. She opened the box as she stepped in front of me. "Sergeant Hawke, The Empire thanks you for your service, as do I." She smiled and removed the medal and lifted it. I bowed my head as she slipped it on and set it dead center in my chest. The eight pointed starburst on the medal was shined to a brilliant gold.

"Thank you, ma'am." I saluted crisply, and she returned my salute.

She turned and moved three steps to my right and turned to stand in front of Hanelor. She took the medal for her from the box. "Storm Justice Hanelor, the Empire thanks you for your service, as do I." Hanelor leaned forward as her mother placed the medal's ribbon around her neck.

Something drew my attention to the parapet over the courtyard. A flash of light off an arrowhead that an archer was aiming directly at the Empress! I drew my bow from behind my back and extended it as I drew an arrow from my quiver. I nocked, drew, and shot within the space of a second, and my arrow flew straight into the assassin's left eye. He leaned back before he fell forward to drape over the wall, and his arrow shot harmlessly over our heads to clatter on the roof behind us. "Hanelor, get the Empress to safety!" I shouted as I loosed my arrow. "Lock this place down!" I shouted to Jalin.

Hanelor grabbed her mother and shielded her as she ushered our Empress inside the throne room as I continued to scan the walls with an arrow nocked and drawn. Jalin ordered our unit to lock everything down and nobody gets in or out until we give the all clear. I glanced at Denna who was also scanning her field of fire, and other Rangers who had taken up defensive fields of fire all over the walls with some watching the crowd.

"Someone get up there and search the body!" I shouted and pointed to where the archer was slumped over the wall.

"I should be giving the orders here, Ranger," Denna chuckled. "I'll check the body, though."

"Sorry about that, Captain." I said with a smile.

She was sprinting for the door with the stairs up to the parapet, and Jalin called for his Paladins to fall back to the throne room to protect the Empress.

"Rangers, report!" I shouted to my squad. They all reported all clear, so I finally let the tension out of my bowstring and slipped the arrow back into the quiver on my back.

Denna was up top and searching the body as the Palace Guard sent a detachment to help her. Once she had searched the assassin and taken all she could, she ordered the guards to take care of the body. She then came back down to ground level, where I met her at the door.

"Anything, ma'am?" I asked, and she handed me a folded sheet of paper. I took it as we walked towards the throne room together and read it.

'The Empress must die today. You must be the Hand of the Gods in this, as no one else can succeed.

signed, G.'

"Who the fuck is G?" I asked.

"I don't know, but whoever he or she is, we need to tell the Empress." Denna was shaking her head with a concerned look on her face.

"Agreed," I replied as we moved into the throne room where Raelina was being protected by the Paladins, and was flanked by her sons Lann and Gennol.

We approached the Empress. "Your Majesty, Captain la Cyr found this on the corpse of the would-be-assassin. Does it mean anything to you?" I handed Raelina the paper, which she read.

Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open as she looked at her eldest son. "Gennol! How could you?" She stood and drew her sword.