Brad's Road Trip Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She's at the table, on the phone with her ex-boyfriend, cussing up a storm and more than just a little pissed off. I had to pee, and when I came out, that bouncer told me you were over here, so I went the long way."

"Nice," I said, sliding over to let her sit down next to Travis at the only part of the table Beth wouldn't be able to see from her side of the bar. "That's some company you keep."

She laughed. "Yeah, I'm really sorry about that," she said, immediately getting closer with Travis than they'd been in her booth. "She's a good friend, but very, very protective."

"Yeah, well, she might be a good friend," I said. "I'm better."

Travis reached out and bumped fists with me. We split off into several side conversations, and I picked up on one Travis was having with Christine.

"So what's her deal, anyway?" Travis asked. "I understand wanting a girls' night out, but that was pretty damn brutal."

"She's not usually like this," Christine answered, finishing the third sex on the beach we'd bought for her. I turned around and signaled for another. "Honestly, she used to be the best friend to take to a bar, because she knew how to have fun, she loved to party, and she flirted with every hot guy in the place."

I was momentarily stunned. "Really?"

"Yeah," she said. "I saw a little bit of the old Beth back in her eyes earlier, when you kissed her."

I considered that for a moment. Before I could answer, Travis jumped back in.

"So what happened to turn the old Beth into the man-hating cockblocker we just dealt with?" he asked. It was a wise choice of words - if he'd used the words I was thinking, he might have offended her.

"The loser she's on the phone with now," Christine said. "First guy she ever loved. She jumped into that relationship like she used to do everything; completely, totally and without much logical thought. He never really seemed interested in a real relationship with her, but she didn't care. She trusted him 100 percent, and one day he decided he couldn't do it anymore and told her to move out of his apartment by the end of the week."

I glanced over at Tim, who was sitting to Christine's right. He'd been listening to everything, and I saw his face fall a little bit. I signaled the bartender to bring him another beer, too.

"So what's there to talk about, then?" Travis asked.

Christine laughed ruefully. "He doesn't want her anymore, but he doesn't want her to be with anyone else, either. He actually thinks she's out here tonight trying to pick up guys! That's the Beth he knows."

Travis and I joined in the laughter. "That's irony for you," I said. "Why does he even care?"

"The same reason he was willing to pretend like he was into their relationship, when he really wasn't," she answered. "The same reason most men do anything. Sex. I've always heard she was great in bed, even back in high school. He might not want her anymore, but he still wants her body."

I grinned as I considered that. Christine picked up on it and playfully threw a napkin at me.

"You pervert," she said. "You really were into her over there, weren't you?"

"I told you I was," I answered. "I was only mean to her because she was being rude."

Christine nodded, and Travis started asking her questions about herself. I turned over Beth's plight in my head as they chatted. She'd been burned pretty badly, and in addition to explaining why she was so standoffish toward me, it also helped me understand why she was protective of Christine.

A few more minutes went by. It was approaching 11:30 now and talk turned back to moving the party, an idea I was on board with now that Travis had Christine. She wanted to come with us, and we'd started talking about where to go next when the inevitable happened. Just as we were getting ready to settle the tabs and leave, Beth snaked around the corner.

"I thought I made myself very clear," Beth said. I couldn't tell whether she was talking to me or Christine or Travis. "Christine, let's go."

"I don't think she wants to," Sheila said, and Beth glared at her.

"I didn't ask for your opinion, bitch," she answered, and Sheila's face flushed immediately. J.T. put a hand on her leg, but that was just to restrain her. J.T. stood up from his chair, and Beth just glared at him, too.

Woman scorned or not, I wasn't gonna let her treat my friends this way.

"Come on, Christine," she beckoned again.

"Oh, she's leaving in just a second," I said, standing up as Sheila tugged J.T. back into his seat. "But she's leaving with us."

"The hell she is," Beth said.

I ignored her. "Now, since Christine seems to think pretty highly of you as a friend -- though I can't possibly imagine why -- you can come with us to the next spot, but only if you promise to be nice and be quiet."

She looked at me with her jaw wide open.

"I cannot believe you just said that to me! Where's that bouncer?!"

"I don't know. Stay right here, and let me go get him."

Her face was all shock as I walked away. I found the bouncer standing near the door and asked him to come back to the table for a second. He just grinned and followed me over.

"What's the problem?" he asked.

"This girl," I said, putting a hand on Beth's shoulder, "is demanding that her friend over there leave with her right now."

"And?" he asked me.

"Christine," I asked, and the drunk redhead looked at me. She was even more curled into Travis now. "Do you want to leave with Beth now? Or do you want to stay with Travis?"

She hesitated, but Travis whispered something in her ear that made her giggle. A few seconds later, she said, "I want to stay here."

I smiled at her and looked back at the security guard. "Damnit," I said. "Beth here wanted you to come over here and force her friend to leave, but it looks like she's just wasting your time. Again. Sorry to bother you."

He grinned at me again and took a few steps back. Still, he recognized the potential for the situation to get out of hand, and he didn't go too far. Beth tossed a glare at Christine, and then me, and then everyone else.

"The offer still stands," I said to her, "but only if you don't try to sic the security staff on me again." I took another pull on my beer, acting as if nothing was out of the ordinary. I didn't take my eyes off her, though, so I saw the explosion coming long before it did.

"You think you can get away with this?" she asked, very loudly. She was slurring her speech and wobbling. I was hoping she'd fall over and pass out, but it didn't happen. Instead, she started punching me on the shoulder.

"You and your big military buddies coming in here and taking my friend from me? I see you all, with your high-and-tight haircuts, and big muscles, and big old sticks stuck up your ass, thinking you're better than all of us. You're not from here, but you come to my town, interrupt my girls' night out and make me look like a fool like that? Huh?"

She'd kept punching me, after every sentence and sometimes more than once per sentence. She wasn't doing any damage, but it started to get on my nerves. The last punch landed on the side of my neck, and I grabbed her wrist as she launched it at my face this time.

"Hit me again, bitch." The bouncer closed half the distance to our table in a split second. This was getting out of control in a hurry. There were so many ways this could end badly, and I really wanted to avoid them all. Still, no one at the table had made any moves to stop me.

"Or what?" she shouted. "Are you going to hit me? Is that what they teach you in the military now? To make up for your lack of balls by hitting women?"

I chugged the rest of my beer and slammed it down on the table, hard enough for everyone in this bar and the one across the street to hear it. Even Beth flinched at the impact. My napkin was in my lap, and I threw it on the table as I stood up and stared her down. I still had a tight grip on her wrist.

"First of all, you're not a woman. You're a self-centered little wanna-be princess. It's an insult to the rest of the ladies at my table and in this bar when you call yourself a woman, so shut up."

She looked up into my eyes, and her expression changed. She was on fire a second ago, but now I saw genuine fear in her eyes. I dropped her wrist, but her face didn't change. Her cheeks flushed as she glanced around for any sign of help. I wondered if that was the alcohol, or if her fear and my anger were getting to her.

"Here's what I think," I growled. "You're a loud mouth prissy little GIRL who is pitching a kindergarten temper tantrum because you didn't get your way. I think your friend Christine has a lot better taste in men than she does in friends. And most of all, I think you're a really heinous bitch who's never been put in her place ONLY because you're mildly attractive."

I can't say the place was completely quiet, but I didn't hear anything else. I noticed several dozen people looking at me, but really, I was just focused on the one standing right in front of me.

"Lucky for you, I had a double helping of way fucking better than mild last night. Sorry, sister, but you don't intimidate me. Go outside and cool off."

"Have you lost your--"

"Did I stutter, Beth? GO! NOW!"

No way everyone in the bar didn't hear that one.

She was about to reply, but I sharpened my glare. She matched it for a fleeting second, but then her eyes dropped to the ground. I was so sick and tired of her shit, of her trying to impose her will on her friend and everybody else, and of her being a spoiled little brat. Whatever she'd been through, it still didn't give her that right. And she knew it. She slowly turned around and walked toward the door. She looked back at me twice, but I never stopped glaring at her until she was gone.

Half the bar applauded and cheered me as she left, and there was a full round of fist bumps at my table. I shouted "Newcastle!" in the general direction of the bartender, knowing I wouldn't have to buy this one.

"Holy shit, Brad," J.T. said. "You were always a pain in my ass for speaking your mind, but, that's going above and beyond."

My beer showed up, and I chugged the first third of it before responding. "Any one of you guys would have done the same thing if you didn't have your girls here with you."

"The first part, sure," Billy said. "But you just ordered that chick to go outside, and she fucking did it."

"I'm sure she'll still be out there when we leave," I said. "And I'm sure she'll give me an earful. Just gonna walk past her and ignore her, and hopefully her batteries will die soon thereafter."

"That was pretty harsh," Christine said.

"You saying she didn't deserve it?" I asked, and she just shook her head. "Then there you go."

I polished off the rest of my fresh beer in quick order. About five minutes after telling her to go outside, I stood up.

"Time to go," I said.

"She's definitely still outside waiting on us," Sheila said.

"Good," I replied. "If she tries to punch me again, you and Julia can do whatever you want to her."

The two girls laughed, and the eight of us slowly made our way to the door. The steamy, humid air was like a damp slap in the face, but it had nothing on the blonde fireplug sitting on the hood of a red sports car parked on the street. As soon as I stepped outside, she charged full speed toward me.

"You are such an asshole!" she shouted, getting right up into my face. Even when the rest of the crowd spilled onto the sidewalk, I noticed she stayed focused on me instead of attempting to change Christine's mind or chastising Travis for stealing her attention.

"There are some people who would agree, yes," I said, shrugging her off and striding toward Ocean Boulevard, despite having no clue where we were headed. She wasn't through, though. She tugged on my right arm, spinning me back around to face her.

"Where the hell were you raised, huh?" she shouted. "Didn't your mama ever teach you how to treat a lady?"

"Sure she did," I replied, tossing her an amused grin. "There are only three ladies out here right now, though," I said, nodding toward the pack standing behind me. "Any of you guys need any help taking care of your ladies?"

There was a muffled rumble of "No" from the group, and Beth's face flushed again. I had to admit, seeing her pissed off like this was getting to me.

"I swear to God, if you insult me one more time--" she exclaimed, and I'm sure she'd have followed by leveling some empty threat at me. But as her face inched closer and closer to mine, I noticed something, and I put a hand up to quiet her.

"Why, Beth," I said, my amusement climbing with each word. I waited for her to exhale one more time to confirm my suspicions, and then turned back to my group with a smile. "Is that a breath mint you have in your mouth, or are you chewing gum?"

She blushed an even deeper red as her eyes vapor-locked onto the gravel. A couple of the guys were laughing, and I heard at least two distinct female giggles.

"Oh, what do you care?" Beth asked, turning her glare toward my friends. "I'm not some redneck chick that likes her breath smelling like tequila, unlike your friends--"

I really didn't feel like hearing her insult my friends again. So, I quickly pulled her face up to mine and planted a long kiss, right on her babbling lips.

If the kiss in the bar hadn't been electric, this one certainly was. Even thoroughly pissed off like she was, Beth's face was glowing, and there was a strange energy buzzing around her. She put up a token fight for appearances sake, but by the time my tongue made its way into her mouth, she'd abandoned the struggle.

When I finished kissing her, I pulled away and took a step back. Her eyes were still closed as she drew shallow breaths.

"Holy shit," Tim said behind me, sounding as close to hammered as I'd ever heard. "You found a way to shut her up."

"Way to take another one for the team, man!" That was Billy.

"Eh, it's only taking one for the team if you don't enjoy it," I replied, just loud enough for them to hear. "She might have plenty of other flaws, but she's a pretty damn good kisser."

Beth's eyes flew open and a half-smile slowly crept onto her face.

"Did you really mean that?" she asked, just loudly enough for me to hear.

"That you have plenty of flaws?" I replied. "Damn straight I meant it."

"Oh, you fucking jackass!" she cried out, and flailed an open palm against my shoulder. When she cleared it and started aiming at my face, I grabbed her wrist and twisted it behind her back, pulling her body in and pinning it to mine. This time, I just had to graze her lips with mine. Her eyes snapped shut, and her breathing turned shallow.

"Brad, we're heading to the next bar down the street," someone said behind me. I just waved a hand behind me, and I heard them shuffle off down the street. When the noises subsided, Beth opened her eyes.

"Since you called Sheila a bitch, your invitation to hang out with us has been revoked," I said. "I promise Travis will take care of Christine. You should go home now."

I spun around and headed off toward the rest of the group, fully intending to join them and leave Beth standing by herself in front of the bar.

"Good, because I don't want to hang out with them anyway!" she shouted at my back. I was hoping that would be it, but she wouldn't let it go. She followed me, tugging on my arm again, and I spun to face her.

"Beth, seriously," I said. "My job was to help Travis hook up with Christine. I've done that. I don't want any more trouble with you."

That wasn't completely true. Our kissing was seriously turning me on, and the fact that she looked down in fear or submission every time I scolded her wasn't helping that. Neither was my drunkenness. If I hadn't spent the past hour fighting with this woman, I'd have already had her back at my hotel room.

"So..." she said, trailing off. I thought that was it, but she found the courage to complete the sentence. "You weren't really interested in me?"

She was fighting herself, big time. As I looked into her eyes, though, I could see what Christine had called "the old Beth" in there, right below the surface, trying desperately to claw her way up. She still had her guard up, but it was starting to give way. I couldn't help but chuckle. "Don't put words in my mouth. I never said--"

This time she cut me off by pulling me into a kiss. This one didn't last very long, either, but when our tongues untangled, I was hard as a rock.

"Please?" she asked, almost begging me. I could feel myself giving into it, though I had no idea what I was giving into. A few seconds later, she made it more than clear when the back of her hand brushed against my cock. My hands moved over her shoulders and across her chest, and I felt her nipples poking out against her black halter-top.

"Come on," I said, and headed toward the hotel, in the opposite direction from the bar everyone else had gone to. I took a few steps before I realized she wasn't with me.

"No," she said, though there was little heat behind it. "I don't want to go with you."

Something was swimming around in my Newcastle-soaked brain, but I couldn't place it.

"What the hell, Beth?" I tersely asked, reversing course and walking toward my friends. "Make up your fucking mind."

As I passed her, she reached out and grabbed my wrist. "I already did," she said, making eye contact with me briefly. "I want to go, but..."

Her eyes flicked rapidly between my eyes and the pavement, and finally, I got the picture.

"Well, then, come the fuck on!" I shouted, and pulled her by the arm, half-dragging her down the street. The Palms was already in view, just a half-block up the road. Once we crossed the street, she started playing her role.

"You're really going to fucking do this?"

I said nothing.

"You're going to force me to come up to your hotel room and have sex with you?"

Still nothing.

"God, I said you were an ugly, disgusting bastard at the bar, but even I didn't think you were the kind of guy who had to force himself on a girl."

I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and yanked her head back by her hair. I kissed her hard enough to bruise her lips, then looked into her eyes.

"Force?" I asked. "Am I going to be forcing you to do anything?"

I got no response so I pulled a little harder. She moaned again, and I raised my voice as I repeated myself.

"Am I forcing you to do anything?!"

"No."

"You want this, don't you?"

She nodded.

"Say it, bitch!" I lightly spanked her ass. My lips curled into the slightest of grins -- enough to let her know I was still playing, but I meant business nonetheless. She returned it and looked at the pavement.

"Yes, I want it."

"What do you want?"

"You."

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

"I want you to fuck me."

"Louder."

"I WANT YOU TO FUCK ME!"

It wasn't as loud as I could have shouted it, but I imagine it gave some of the late-night partiers on the Isle of Palms some food for thought, anyway.

I pulled her on toward the hotel without another word. When we got to the lobby, Frank just smiled at me and said, "Have a good night, Mr. Carver." We probably looked like a happy couple to him.

Once we got in the elevator, the act was over. She pushed me against the wall and smothered me with kisses, forcing her tongue in and out of my mouth. She was trying to be the aggressor, which, after the night we'd had, just wasn't going to fly.

The elevator stopped, and I roughly shoved her off of me, laughing as she slammed into the opposite wall. She glared back at me defiantly, but before she could mouth off or fall down, I grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the elevator and down the corridor. She fought against my grip on her hand, but I just laughed as she tried to pry my fingers apart.

"I already told you I was coming," she said. "You don't have to break my hand."