Breadwinner

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She stopped at the door and he wondered what she was waiting for, because everything that had ever been between them had ended.

Finally she turned back to look at him and he couldn't believe the tears that ran down her face.

"Why couldn't you grow up, Bobby? Why couldn't you become a man? I loved you, but I couldn't keep loving a man I didn't respect and I haven't respected you in a long time."

He found himself smiling sadly at her.

"I guess the old folks were smarter than we thought, Gail. You remember, my grandfather, your grandfather, all your friends. Everybody told us we'd never last, that we just came from two different worlds. We knew better though, didn't we? What do kids know?"

He tried to hold onto the smile as he felt his vision blur.

"But I'm not sorry we tried, Gail, you hear me. Even now, I'm not sorry we tried to make it work."

Then she was gone.

12