Breaking the Ice Ch. 03

Story Info
The Trip.
5.8k words
4.79
16.8k
22
1

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/21/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Swig
Swig
431 Followers

When Shane's mom said they were up early for breakfast she wasn't kidding around. Six A.M. on the dot we were chowing down on a massive feast: eggs, bacon, grits, sausage, biscuits with gravy, and coffee. Shane's older sister, Shawna, her husband and teenage daughter joined us; his youngest sister working until the afternoon. His family alternated between poking fun at Shane and feeding me stories of him terrorizing the neighborhood when he was young. He grew increasingly irritated with each passing anecdote, while my sides ached from laughing so much. They were all sweet and welcoming, with the exception of the sullen teen Georgia, who sat and picked at her food silently.

All the heavy food so early in the morning made me sleepy, so after I helped his mom clean up I excused myself to lapse into a food coma upstairs. I had passed out fully for an hour and a half when the sound of the door slamming jolted me awake. "God!" Georgia whirled around and paused when she saw me lying on the bed. "Oh. Sorry, I forgot you were up here."

"No worries. What's wrong?"

She crossed her arms, blowing her bangs out of her face. "My mom is seriously so annoying. It's like she hates everythin' about my life. She hates my friends, and my boyfriend, and my clothes. And I have cramps and my hair is frizzy and dumb looking and everythin' just sucks today."

I blinked at her, still trying to wake up and not having the foggiest idea what to do. "Um...well, I can fix the frizzy hair thing. Hand me that bag over there." She looked toward my suitcase and picked up the black make-up bag, sitting on the bed next to me. "It took me years to find something to control my hair." I sat up as I pulled out my seaberry hair serum, combing it through her strands with my fingers. I grabbed my brush off the nightstand and began running it through her hair.

"Does your mom ever get on your nerves?" she asked randomly.

"She did, right up until she died." I continued brushing her shoulder-length strawberry blonde locks. "I'm sorry she died," she responded faintly.

"Don't be, she was a horrible woman. Not that I'm glad she's dead, but I'm not really sad about it either." Whether that was true or not I hadn't quite figured out yet, but it wasn't something I wanted to discuss with a fifteen year old girl.

"I'd be sad if my mom died. She's kinda mean, but sometimes she'll let me skip school and we'll go to the mall or get our nails done or somethin'. Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, Georgia, go for it."

"Do you and Uncle Shane have sex, like, all the time?"

I froze, suddenly realizing how Shane felt when I asked him a personally invasive question. "Uh...I guess, sometimes...why?"

She shrugged, and I started twisting her hair into a braid. "My boyfriend wants to have sex, and I've never...I'm, like, the only one in my group of friends who hasn't done it yet. Some of them have done it with three or four guys. How many guys have you had sex with?"

Jesus Christ. "Just the one. Look, the only person who can decide when you're ready to...go all the way, is you. As long as you use protection. It also helps if you love the person, too. I waited until I fell in love, and though it was much, much later than most people, I'm glad it happened when it did."

She rolled my advice around her head for a moment. "I think I love him, and he says he loves me too...I don't know. Maybe I'll wait a little while longer." Oh, thank God I didn't just traumatize this girl. "Y'know, we met a couple of Uncle Shane's girlfriends before, but I like you the best."

"I like her the best, too." Shane appeared, thankfully coming in at the tail end of our conversation. "Your mama is lookin' for you, squirt."

Georgia exhaled heavily. "She's always looking for me." She turned around and gave me a brief hug. "Thanks, Aunt Tess."

I handed her the rest of the hair product to keep. She bounded out of the room as Shane closed the door, giving me a crooked smile. "Aunt Tess, huh? What were you two talkin' about?"

"Girl stuff." He held out his hand to help me off the bed, pulling me into his arms as I stood. "Being a teenage girl is hard. Though, being a twenty two year old girl isn't always a picnic, either."

"That's why I'm happy to be a guy. Do you maybe want to go somewhere for a while? I haven't had you to myself since we got here." He held me tightly, as if he were afraid I was going to leave.

"I thought that was the point of visiting, so I could hang out with your family."

He snorted. "It was, but they've done nothin' but talk shit since we got here. I gotta spend some time convincin' you that marrying me wasn't a complete mistake."

I hugged him back, the worry in his voice apparent. "Marrying you is the best decision I've ever made. Let's go."

"You gotta change first, though."

I looked down at my clothes, a pink ribbed tank top and jean cutoff shorts was all I could stand to wear in the balmy 75 degree weather. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"Your tits are hangin' out," he tried to pull the collar of the tank up to no avail, "and those shorts are way too short. I don't want to have to hurt someone for starin' at my wife."

"Shane, you're a crazy person, and it's hot outside, so I'm not changing."

He raised an eyebrow in response to my defiant comment. "Sweetheart, we can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way."

Licking my full lips slowly, I cupped his growing erection over his jeans. "Tell me, how hard is the hard way?"

His head dropped to my shoulder as he palmed a handful of my ass, pressing himself against my hand. "You keep it up, Contessa, and I don't care if there's a house full of people. I will bend you over this bed and fuck you so hard they'll hear you scream my name the next county over."

I snaked my tongue out to lick the shell of his ear before I released my hold on him and ran to the door, flinging it open and sprinting down the hall. "Damnit woman, get back here!" I heard him following chase as I flew down the stairs. I made it to the foyer and almost crossed the threshold of the front door when he yanked me back by the waist, turning me around and hoisting me over his shoulder. "Bad girl. You're gonna pay for that."

He smacked my ass and I yelped, carrying me past his father as Eli shook his head and went back to reading his newspaper. "Newlyweds." When we reached the kitchen Shane lowered me to the ground and gave me a kiss that parlayed the promise of what he was going to do to me later.

"Oh, gross." A sneering voice interrupted our passionate assault on each other's faces. Shane grinned and went over to hug the tall, lanky young girl with freckles and waist-long red hair.

"Tess, this is my wonderfully annoying little sister, Ellie."

I gave her a small wave. "Hi. I've heard a lot about you, it's nice to finally meet you."

She looked me up and down with a firm stare before turning back to her brother. "C'mon Shane, I wanna take you to the stables and show you the new horse."

"Maybe tomorrow, Bug, I'm gonna take Tess out for a while."

"But she gets to see you every day, and I haven't seen you in months. Pleeeease?" Shane looked over to me and I waved him off.

"You sure, sweetheart?" Ellie rolled her eyes, still ignoring me. "Oh my God, I'm sure she's fine, now let's go." She dragged him out of the kitchen door by his shirt as I blew him a kiss. I was pondering how to spend my afternoon when Shawna came in, a towel in one hand and a pitcher in the other. "Good, he's gone. I was afraid we'd never get to spend any time together. My brother is really possessive of you."

"I'm noticing. Hey, this may be a weird question, but does Ellie not like me or something?"

She pulled ice and a large bottle of tequila from the freezer. "Oh, well. She kind of...hates you, a little bit. Or a lot."

"Oh, good, it's not just my imagination then."

She laughed heartily as she handed me a bowl of limes and a knife, wordlessly requesting me to chop them for her margaritas. "Don't take it personally. When Shane moved away a few years ago she was heartbroken. He kept tellin' her it was just temporary, but...now that you two are hitched, looks like he's there to stay. I think she blames you."

Guilt prickled in my chest as I cut the limes in half. "I'm not trying to keep him in Connecticut. If he wanted to move back here, or anywhere else in the world, I'd do it in a heartbeat."

She squeezed the fresh lime juice into the oversized container, stirring vigorously with the other hand. "Oh honey, don't worry about her. She's a twenty year old brat, but who wasn't at that age? Now go get your bathin' suit on, it's time to go get drunk by the pool. We gotta welcome you into this family the right way."

***

After two tall margaritas Shawna tapped out to take a nap before dinner. I took a quick swim in their oval-shaped pool to cool off, then called Sydney to catch up. I told her all about Shane's family and a few of his hellraising tales, and she thought Ellie disliking me was the funniest thing in the world. "Hahaha! She just straight-up hates your ass, huh?"

"Apparently so." I leaned back in the lounge chair, crossing my freshly shaven legs and shaking my foot nervously. "Do you think I should talk to her?"

"Man, hell no. That'll probably make her hate you more. She'll either come around or she won't; besides, his parents like you. That's all that really matters."

I took another sip of my drink, setting it down on the ground next to me. "I guess. Changing the subject, are you still seeing that guy Jeremy?"

She made an exasperated noise. "We're not seeing each other. We have sex and occasionally share a meal together."

"Syd, I'm pretty sure that's the definition of dating."

"Ah, damnit." She was thoughtful for a moment. "I think I really like him, you know? I haven't really dated anyone in a long time, he's got me all tingly in my lady bits."

I laughed loudly, louder than I meant to when the patio door opened. Shane stepped out onto the deck and started making his way over to me. "Shane's back, I got to go. Can we have dinner or something when we get back? I need to meet this young man who's been courting you."

"Sure thing, Mom."

I hung up just as Shane made it to my chair on the other side of the pool. I peered at him through my sunglasses as he sat shirtless on the lounge chair his oldest sister previously occupied, curling a side of my lips flirtingly. "Hello there, handsome. Did you have fun with your sister?"

"I don't want to talk about my sister right now, I want to talk about what you have on. When I told you to change I meant put on more clothes, not less."

I was wearing a jet black bikini with gold trim and ties at the sides and neck. It had been stowed away at the back of my closet for years, waiting for the day I finally felt good enough about my curvy physique to wear it...the more toned muscles I'd acquired at the gym didn't hurt, either. "You don't like it?"

"The problem is I like it too damn much, and there's too many people around for me to do anything about it."

I brought my arm behind my head and stretched my back, pushing my breasts upward into the thin material. "Sorry Tex, you have about five more days of not doing anything about it."

"Oh no, fuck that." He pulled out his phone and started tapping furiously. I rose and leaned in front of him, my shadow eliminating the glare on the screen. "What are you doing?"

"I'm finding us a hotel room so I can take that thing off, with my teeth. Now get your tits out of my face so I can focus, woman." I snatched the phone out of his hand and held it behind my back as he pouted, gripping the back of my thighs to keep me still. "I'm goin' crazy not being' inside of you, Tess."

"I know. I miss you too." And the truth was, I really did. I was still mad about the whole secret Vegas marriage thing, but I had gotten used to touching and kissing and just being physically glued to him. It was like an itch that I couldn't scratch, and I really needed a good scratching. "If it'll help distract you, Ellie hates me."

He didn't bother looking up at me. "No...she doesn't."

The guffaw that escaped my mouth was unintentional. "You're a terrible liar."

He stood, his strong hands moving up to my back, steadying me as the sudden movement caused me to sway a bit. "I think she's just sore about the whole eloping thing, she'll come around."

"You know...if you wanted to move back to Texas, we should. I could apply late to a school here, and work until then. I don't want you to feel like we have to stay in Connecticut."

He kissed me innocently, making me desperate for some prolonged contact. "Not now. We'll talk about it when we start havin' kids, okay? It might be good to have family around to help."

I gave him a tipsy smile and tugged on the belt loop of his jeans. "What if I want to start practicing for kids right now?"

Drawing my body into his, he nibbled on his favorite place on the side of my neck. "Don't tease me, lil' girl, I will have you knocked up in two point five seconds. And no more of my sister's margaritas for you, you on tequila is worse than the whiskey."

"Jesus, can't you two stop groping each other for five minutes?" Ellie's disapproving voice sobered me up a little. I tried to pull away but Shane's hold on me tightened. "Bug, you're being' rude as hell, what do you want?"

"I want to walk into a room without you two mauling each other. Mom says go wash up for dinner."

I heard the patio door slam shut and sighed. "I'm going to go shower, I'll be down in a few minutes."

"Want some company?" Shane asked with a seductive grin.

"Do you want your family hearing us fuck in the shower? You're not so quiet either, Mr. Thomas." He reluctantly let me go, and I made sure I put some extra sashay in my walk just for him.

***

I came downstairs just as everyone was sitting down at the dining room table. I took my place between Georgia and my husband, who immediately grabbed my hand underneath the table. Georgia told me all about high school and teenage girl things that I knew nothing about as we passed around bowls and plates of mashed potatoes, pot roast and vegetables. The conversation was light until Shawna's husband, Rob, inquired about my post-graduate plans. "I'm still in the process of choosing which grad school to go to, but I'm leaning towards staying in Connecticut."

"What! No!" Ellie wailed suddenly, all eyes turned in her direction. "That's not fair, you were supposed to move back here, and now you're stayin' up there 'cause of her?"

Shane looked at her strangely. "Bug, what the hell is your problem today?"

Ellie threw her silverware at her plate angrily. "My problem is her. First you call us crying' because she dumped you -"

"I was not crying."

"Then all of a sudden you guys get married in secret, and now we're never going to see you because she's selfish and clearly wants to keep you all to herself."

Shane's jaw clenched sharply as he tried to keep his cool. "Bug, you don't know what you're talkin' about, and you need to chill the fuck out. Right now."

She crossed her arms and threw me a hateful look. "No, you shouldn't have gotten married. What is it, is she pregnant? She found out you have money?"

"Ellie, shut the hell up!"

"Why?! We're all thinkin' it anyway."

"Eleanor Elizabeth Thomas, you knock it off right this second!" MaryAnne scolded her daughter, but it didn't seem to stop the insults from coming.

"She's nothing more than a selfish, gold-digging whore."

"That is enough!" Eli shouted as slammed his fist on the table, making the plates and glasses jump. "Get out of my house."

Ellie's eyes widened, not expecting to elicit that reaction. "Are you serious?"

"As a damned heart attack. You are out of line, and I will not tolerate disrespect to anyone, especially family. Now get out before I throw you out." He returned to cutting up his roast, discussion closed. Ellie stood angrily, knocking her chair backwards onto the floor before storming out of the room.

Everyone was silent, and I kept my eyes downcast because I knew they were all staring at me. "Excuse me." I placed my napkin on my plate and stood, wrenching my hand from Shane's to follow the sullen teenager. I grabbed our rental car keys and my purse by the front door and headed out, where Ellie was smoking a cigarette at the bottom of the steps. "I am not going' back in there," she stated bluntly.

I shut the door behind me, in case she decided to start yelling again. "Oh trust me, no one is asking you to. So, come on, let me have it."

She narrowed her eyes at me and blew out a cloud of white smoke. "You broke his heart, then you got married without us there. You're selfish, and you're not good enough for him."

"You know what? You're right, I'm not good enough for him. I'm sorry you weren't there to see us get married. I'm not trying to disconnect him from his family, we can make more of an effort to come down here more often, and you're always welcome to visit us in our home. But here's the thing," I tapped the keys against my palm impatiently. "You may not like the way we got married, but we are married, and as long as he wants me around that's not going to change. If you keep throwing hissy fits every time I'm here, you're going to damage your relationship with him. You know Shane better than I do...do you really think he's going to sit back and allow you be rude to his wife?"

She took a long drag off her cigarette, mulling it over. "I still don't like you."

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing. "I'm not exactly a fan of yours either, but we both love your brother, so maybe no more meltdowns at the dinner table."

"If you hurt him again I will kick your ass." She turned her attention opposite direction as she smoked, a tentative truce having been made.

"Duly noted." I walked past her to our car, sliding into the driver's seat while I typed out a quick text to Shane. Not running, just going out for a while. I backed out of the driveway and started driving to nowhere. After half an hour I ended up at a quaint little coffee shop, sipping a giant mug of chai tea and staring out of the oversized pane window. For the first time in months my mind was blank, after being bombarded with so many new events in the past week and a half, my brain had finally had enough and was quiet. I'd had a panic attack late in the night, retreating to the bathroom so I wouldn't wake Shane. I was debating whether or not to tell him about it when I felt a tap on my shoulder, ending my daydreaming.

"Hey there, I'm sorry to disturb you, but your name wouldn't happen to be Tess, would it?"

"It is..." I was confused, as no one else knew me here, then it clicked. The honey blonde hair, big baby blue eyes...that smile...

I was in the presence of the very first Mrs. Shane Thomas.

***

After my brain allowed me to form words again I invited her to sit, my curiosity getting the best of me. She regarded me for a moment while she chewed her bottom lip nervously. "I'm sorry for surprising you. Shane sent me the picture of y'all getting married, and said ya'll were comin' down here for Christmas...I had kinda hoped to run into you. Congrats, by the way."

"Thank you." I took a sip of my tea, trying hard as hell not to be awkward and failing miserably. "Do you guys talk a lot?"

"Oh my god, no. We text back and forth every so often, and it's mostly me sendin' him pictures of my kids. Since you came into his life you're all he talks about, he's crazy about you."

Swig
Swig
431 Followers
12