Breathless Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Evil Alpaca
Evil Alpaca
3,665 Followers

"Dazza doesn't take a dump without permission from Frost, so yeah." Sadie was angry. She glanced at Vlad when his radio screeched and he had to step away to take a call. "Think about that," she said coolly. "Melissa is your friend, or at least she was. And Frost would have her killed just because he didn't want us to find out who all he was Turning."

Devlin looked angry. "I never would've had anything to do with this if I thought he'd hurt anyone. All I want . . . all I want is what she has," he said, pointing at Mel. "What you wouldn't give me."

Vlad walked over, his face even darker than before. "Sadie, they just found Terrence McDermott. He's dead. His body washed up down river about three miles."

Sadie screamed in deep, rich anger. She jumped to Devlin and lifted him up by his shirt with just one hand. "Imagine that! The guy who clued us into Frost's plans is suddenly dead. A fucking coincidence?" She dumped Devlin into the open grave.

Devlin looked shocked. "No, that's not possible," he muttered. "He was my friend. He was so cool to me."

Sadie was fighting back tears. A friend had been murdered, and another friend had almost met the same fate. The law she had represented would soon close in around her neck, and she would be unable to stop whatever scheme Frost had cooked up. "Why is he doing this?" she asked to the cool night wind.

Devlin stood up and looked around him. Being in the grave humbled him beyond anything he could comprehend. "I'm sorry Sadie. I'm so sorry."

"Sadie, there's one other thing," Melissa said, looking at Devlin. "The second row of initials were the people being Turned, but the first row were the vamps doing the Turning. My computer kept spitting back the same name for the person chosen to Turn Devlin." The girl's eyes were wide open.

Sadie felt an unnatural chill in her skin and bones. "Who?"

"Solomon, the Blood Saint."

Sadie stepped back, every nerve ending in her body going dead. She fell to her knees. Solomon was the most revered vampire in the world, and had walked the Earth for seven thousand years. And to Sadie, everything began to make sense. She knew what was happening.

"No," she whispered, fear and hatred seeping into every part of her body. "Not again." Then she lifted her voice to an uncaring heaven and screamed . . . and screamed . . . and screamed.

------------- -----------------------

To be continued . . .

Evil Alpaca
Evil Alpaca
3,665 Followers