Brenda and Connie Ch. 16

Story Info
Linda's wedding.
7.7k words
4.71
11.4k
2

Part 16 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/13/2022
Created 07/20/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Brenda and Connie recovered from their injuries, they had a hard time coping and adjusting to the new circumstances of their lives. Connie especially was having a miserable time of it. This was the second untimely death of a true love and she was feeling that she was cursed. Although her first love, Travis Williamson was of such a short duration, having died virtually within minutes after their only date, so it could not be said it was a grand love. Still there was no concrete evidence that it might not have developed into one.

On the other hand there is no denying that the death of Bruce Fielding was devastating to her. He was the sun and moon to her existence. The fact that they were fucking within almost a minute of their initial meeting when he did not even know her name, to her mind was solid evidence of a unique relationship between them. She felt she was married to him and her grief could not be any more poignant if she had been officially married. The senselessness of Bruce's death weighed on her making it absolutely difficult if not almost impossible for her to move on.

It turned out that Connie's catharsis for her grief occurred when she appeared in court at Spencer's trial. About a month after Connie's recovery the DA's office contacted her for an interview. After reviewing

her recollection of the event, the prosecutor suggested that her testimony at trial should not be contentious. The remaining evidence was damning enough that Spencer would surely be convicted even without her evidence. The only real issue would be punishment. Michigan does not have the death penalty so it boiled down to whether he would be sentenced to life without any possibility of parole or a sentence with possibility of eventual parole.

Since that is the only real issue in his prosecution, the defense lawyer for Spencer would tend not to cross examine Connie too harshly. In fact the lawyer might not cross examine her at all, for fear of adducing extra sympathy for her, and thereby dooming Spencer to the harsher sentence.

In that light the prosecutor suggested that after conviction if Connie would appear to give a victim's impact statement. Depending on what she said, it might ensure the ultimate penalty would be imposed on Spencer. The prosecutor advised that she was not obliged to give an impact statement on sentencing so that it was up to her.

At first Connie was inclined not to have anything to do with Spencer's trial except what she had to do. She could not care less what would happen to Spencer as nothing would bring back Bruce. However as the trial date loomed closer the angrier she became that she had been deprived of the love of her life by this maggot known as Spencer Thorneburg.

Connie's appearance at trial was not dramatic. Her testimony was straight forward, and in essence confirmed that Spencer did kill Bruce and grievously wounded her. Those were facts that were also provable by other evidence so her testimony was not open to debate. As the prosecutor had predicted, Spencer's lawyer did a very perfunctory cross examination so Connie did not experience an anguished ordeal.

About a month after his conviction sometime during the January of her sophomore year at MSU, Spencer's sentencing hearing was scheduled. By this time her anger had reached the apex of her misery and she knew she had to say something. So she appeared at the sentencing to give a victim's impact statement, and this is what she said:

"I met you Spencer Thorneburg at the Harrison Roadhouse the September before last on the occasion when Michigan State played Western Michigan. As a result of that encounter I consented to going with you to your residence and we had sex. For me that was an unfortunate experience which I regretted to have participated in. Objectively any rational male would have easily concluded that this was just a one night stand not a relationship as of yet.

"I declined to provide my telephone number and although you forced your telephone number on me, I did not call you. Although I was at your residence I did not seek you out. As you provided lots of information about yourself that night, it is thus abundantly clear that had I wanted to contact you I could have easily done so. On the other hand I did not provide any information about myself so you could not so easily contact me. Again on an objective basis it was clear I was not encouraging the beginning of a relationship.

"So you can imagine my surprise when you accosted me last year about this time some four months after our only encounter. You demanded we resume our relationship despite the fact that I pointed out the obvious fact that we had not had a relationship. By every objective standard one date even where sex is involved does not constitute a relationship. To further dissuade you I advised I was officially engaged and displayed my engagement ring. So every rational person would have to conclude that between you and me, there was nothing there, there.

"However you intruded in my life most grievously last May. You entered my fiancé's apartment as we were engaged in sex, shouting incomprehensibly words I will never forget: "You fucking whore! You don't deserve to live..." Those words cannot be justified even by the delusional.

"Then you shot my fiancé, Bruce Fielding dead, a man who did no harm to you. You then shot me intending to kill me, but by the grace of God I survived. On many occasions during these past horrible eight months I harbored the morbid wish that you would have succeeded in killing me. At least I would have been spared the extreme anguish and overpowering grief I have since endured.

"We all die of course, but there is a life expectancy which suggests premature death is a tragedy. Certainly we all are aware young people can die. For example had Bruce been in the military and he died in combat I could move on. In fact I would be proud of such a death as the death would have incurred in service to our country. Also, we all know accidents can happen so had Bruce died in a motor vehicle accident like the fiancé of my sister-in-law, then I could move on. Car accidents are risks one takes when getting into a motor vehicle.

"But Bruce's death was not caused by any reasonable risk he was prepared to face. No he died because you knew me for only some eight hours of my life. I calculate that as of now I have lived roughly some 175,200 hours. So therefore your intrusion in my life represents .00456 of 1% of the time I have lived. Obviously it is a very infinitesimal time that you and I were together which should have meant you were just a hiccup in my life. Instead you have impacted the rest of my life to my detriment. Because of your action, I am deprived of potentially some 55 years of companionship according to contemporary actuarial tables with Bruce Fielding, the man I was destined to marry. Because of your action, I am deprived of the opportunity of becoming a mother to his children. These kinds of deprivations thwart the basic ambitions and desires of most females and certainly that is the case for me. I must confess I do not really care what punishment this court imposes on you since I no longer have Bruce Fielding in my life and no punishment against you can alter that reality. However I can say this much; you do not deserve to live amongst decent civilized persons since you obviously are not one. That is all I have to say and I thank this Court for the opportunity to speak on this matter."

The speech had quite an impact on the Judge. Spencer was duly sentenced to life imprisonment without any possibility of parole.

Brenda was likewise devastated by the death of Harry. What made her grief so poignant was that up to the moment of his death she was in a situation at almost nineteen years of age of realizing all her life dreams. This possible fulfillment of her ambitions was achieved despite her suffering a horrendous facial injury when she was only six years of age. In essence she was basking in happiness, glorifying in her successes and enjoying a wonderful week with the Quinns. But right at the height of the utmost happiness in her life fate cruelly intervened and all that joy was snatched away.

After she revived from her coma, her grief weighed her down and at times completely overwhelmed her. 'Why me?' was one of her uppermost thoughts. 'What horrendous evil did I ever do to deserve this outright misery?' 'Why just when I was about to be the happiest of all women did Harry have to die?' With such negative thoughts constantly on her mind, she cried herself to sleep every night for about a month. Then Brenda started recovering from her grief. She started by pushing away her devastating negative thoughts by concentrating on her blessings. First of all she marveled that Connie was still alive so she would be able to maintain her friendship.

It was indeed a miracle that Connie survived the bullet shot to her head. The location of where the bullet penetrated was literally less than a millimeter away from being instantly fatal. Connie arrived at the operating table in the hospital literally minutes before she would have died without the surgical intervention. As it was the doctors performed a delicate operation where chances of failure were better than the odds for success. Through it all Connie pulled through without any brain damage albeit she was in a coma for two weeks. The only physical evidence of her shooting was a slight permanent scar on her head easily hidden by her hair.

So if the fates took away Harry from her at least they spared Connie. With Connie alive and having endured a similar tragedy, the two of them were able to console each other and buck each other's spirits. At least they would have time for their grief and would be recovered sufficiently mentally to enable to successfully resume their education come that September. To that end in August they found an apartment to share. The apartment was practically adjacent to the campus making it very convenient to continue their studies at the University.

Brenda's accident also had a silver lining with regards to her physical appearance. Great technical strides in cosmetic surgery had been advanced during the past thirteen years. As her face again had to undergo some cosmetic surgery because of this new accident, this time the surgeons were able to improve on the results of the previous facial surgery. Brenda still had scars on her face marring her natural beauty so that she was not as pretty as her sister as she otherwise would have been had she not had any surgeries. Nevertheless with these new surgeries the scars were softened and the facial skin was pulled more naturally together to give her a more pleasing look.

Previously her face was so hideous that most people would always look away when they encountered her. Now her face had an intriguing appearance which would invite more contact. Brenda was certain then when she now entered a bar, guys would probably be willing to hit on her where previously they would avoid her like the plague. Of course in her present grief she was not so concerned, but still it was comforting to know that when she was ready to move on that she would likely be more successful in attracting decent male companionship.

The greatest and truly most unexpected blessing for both Brenda and Connie as a consequence of the death of their fiancés was that they suddenly found themselves to be relatively wealthy. The lawyer in the agent's office contacted them to advise the contents of the wills that the boys had executed during the Combines session as well as the life insurances. As Bruce was an orphan with no known family there would be no complaint from anyone that his fortune would be turned over to Connie. The lawyer had contacted the Quinns who declared they had no problems with their son's will. They intimated that this was the kind of will they would have expected their son would have had if he was married to Brenda. That week that Brenda visited them convinced them without a doubt that had their son stayed alive he would have married Brenda.

Mrs Quinn subsequently contacted Brenda by phone and reassured her that they were quite content with the provisions of Harry's will. They certainly did not need anything more beyond the $200K bequeath to them. Mrs Quinn further declared that she considered Brenda to be her daughter-in-law in fact and as such was welcome to visit at anytime in the future. And whenever Brenda did visit she would be happy to give away any mementos of Harry to Brenda that she might want.

Also Mrs Quinn advised Brenda that she was contaced by the Michigan State Police who investigated the accident and took custody of the property in the Hummer. That property included a mink fur coat that Harry had intended as Brenda's birthday gift. Apparently Harry had talked to Bruce during that last week wherein Bruce revealed that he was gifting a mink fur coat to Connie. Not to be outdone Harry instructed his father to purchase the coat when he and Brenda were at Niagara Falls.

Aside from appreciating the sudden wealth, what pleased both Brenda and Connie the most about the wills is the objective evidence that they were truly loved. Amazingly their love was so pure that their fiancés thought enough to provide for them in the highly unlikely possibility of their death. Likewise each girl cherished their mink fur coats not for its material value but for its romantic value signifying their great albeit short lived love. Such largess went a long way to soften the blow of their grief but of course each girl would have happily given up every cent of this newly acquired wealth if they could have their man back alive.

With respect to this newly acquired wealth, once all the legalities were attended to and the girls had actual possession of their wealth they both handed the same to Walter to manage. Although Walter's formal education was confined to accountancy his work experience of the past three years made him very savvy as an investment strategist. Accordingly, since the girls did not need to touch these monies while attending their undergraduate classes when they did graduate from MSU the girls found their personal worth almost doubled, thanks to the shrewd investments Walter had undertaken for them.

As to Linda and Walter's wedding, Linda was sensitive to the misery her sister and her putative sister-in-law were undergoing as a result of their respective tragic losses. So she approached each girl offering to postpone her wedding for up to a year to allow both girls to fully recover from their grief. Linda was willing to do this because she would not want anyone else as her attendants at her wedding. Both girls refused indignantly this kindness. As Brenda put it:

"No way Linda! I will not be responsible to postpone your happiness for one moment longer than necessary because of my grief. You have snagged a great man to marry and you are entitled to his love without any regard to my feelings. Yes I would have been happier at your wedding if Harry were still alive, but nevertheless I will be happy for you on your happiest day. I promise I will exhibit joy and not be a sourpuss on your wedding day. I would not ruin your wedding for the world."

As Connie was privy to Linda's determination of abstinence to enhance the momentous pleasure of a wedding night, Connie slyly offered this further rationale to resist postponement of the wedding:

"Oh no Linda I would not want to be the cause for you to lengthen your celibacy. I think you ought to be able to fuck my brother without any undue delay. Since you want a dozen children I would not want such desire be thwarted because of a later than planned start on this noble quest."

Linda smiled at these delightful refusals. She was grateful for their support of her despite the grief they were bearing. She felt most fortunate in having them as a sister and a sister-in-law. The wedding then proceeded without a hitch as Linda was married at her family's church in Grosse Pointe. Linda and Brenda's parents were not filthy rich but by the same token they were not exactly poor either. Thus the wedding was a rather lavish affair with approximately 200 guests.

The reception was held at the Marriott in Detroit's Renaissance Center. As Linda had no girlfriends and she refused to invite any of her numerous previous sex partners, her personal guests were confined to some of her co workers from Grand Rapids. Friends of her parents then filled up the bride's guest list.

Linda was radiant and as beautiful a bride as any other. Her bridal gown was gorgeous and suited Linda perfectly. Connie and Brenda were likewise stunning. Their gowns were a dark pink and cut provocatively low to highlight their cleavage. These gowns were as sexy as possible and yet be considered appropriate attire. The reception was a very joyous event and everyone had a wonderful time.

Walter and Linda left around 10:00 PM to get to the Westin, the only hotel located right in the metro Detroit airport. Walter had booked a room there for their wedding night since they were to catch an early flight to the Bahamas for their honeymoon. Once in their room Linda wrapped her arms around Walter kissing him ecstatically:

"Oh thank you, thank you Walter. I can't thank you enough for making me a decent woman"

"Stop that right now. I will not let you run yourself down. You are my wife now and you are to be revered."

"Well I am grateful for the fact you could overlook my past."

"You know Linda you were never really a slut or a whore. Yes you fucked virtually every guy who asked but you had issues that caused your previous promiscuity. But you do have a noble heart and as soon as one guy would have exhibited a regard for you then I am convinced you would have become virtuous. But none of your previous lovers had any interest in you as you were well aware. Now when I came along and you sensed my regard for you then you instantly turned into a one man woman. Why you even abstained from sex the past three months with me in order to ensure that tonight would truly be special. A slut or a whore would never contemplate never mind even carry through like that."

As Linda was hearing this, she blushed as she recalled her one relapse from exclusive sex with Walter. 'At least,' she mused to herself, 'I kept it in the family so to speak.

Walter continued, "You know who was a real slut and a whore was my first and only serious girlfriend. I dated her off and on again for two years and even contemplated marrying her. We broke up four times, each time after I discovered her cheating on me. We got together after each breakup as she assured me that she would never do it again and like a fool I believed her. I am still ashamed that I was so naïve about her true character and was so easily taken in. I guess I wanted to believe her as opposed to actually really believing her. The fourth time was the last straw.

"I actually intruded on her as she was in bed fucking a freshman when we were both seniors at MSU. What was amazing was that I went to her apartment as a result of a pre-arranged date. Either she forgot it or did not care. She did not feel ashamed but instead ordered me to leave since as she put it, 'I can see that she was busy.'This naturally cured me of my infatuation with her forever. Thinking she still had me under her finger, she kept pestering me to get together again and seemed to be actually shocked that I was steadfast in refusing her. Apparently she got wind of our engagement, and had the nerve to contact my mother to ask for an invitation."

Linda responded, "All I can say is that I am glad she was a slut and a whore or otherwise I might not have met you. But enough of our past history; it is time to consummate our marriage. It is time for me to reacquaint myself with your magnificent monstrous cock. Oh have I have missed it so!"