Brianna

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Elenia26
Elenia26
223 Followers

Hawk nodded. "You're still not allowed to return home?"

Prince Gwydion...He had been banished from the castle ten years ago at the age of seventeen. The reason had been disobedience of orders. Which was true enough.

When the kingdom of Sosaria had been significantly weaker, a more powerful warlord had descended upon the king with a large army. He had threatened to raze Sosaria to the ground and destroy everyone in it unless one condition was met.

The condition was that king Amantos give up his infant daughter, the Princess Anya, to be raised as a slave to the opposing king. The Princess had come late in the king's life, and was the adored progeny of a second marriage. His Majesty had had one night to think it over. In the end, he had to weigh the lives of many innocent villagers and peasants against his love for his precious daughter. He chose to act like a king, not a father, and ordered his daughter to be sent with the opposing king.

His son, Gwydion, left the castle shortly after. Against his father's direct orders he retrieved his baby sister. His father was forced to excommunicate him and banish him in order to save face. But all knew what a difficult choice had been laid before the father and the king.

It was a second before Hawk realized Gwydion was speaking. "I told my father the king that he could lay all blame on me, and saved his daughter. The other king accepted it, and Father began repairing the relationship. However, I was banished."

"That was ten years ago."

Hawk looked at him. "How long...?"

"All my life." Gwydion sheathed the sword and hung it back at his side. "Princess Anya will rule next."

Hawk smiled. "So this is why you did not tell Brianna."

"Why are you smiling?"

Hawk hesitated. "Allow me to speak like a friend." Gwydion nodded.

"You're an idiot." Gwydion's eyes narrowed, but other than that he showed no signs of temper.

"You think she won't love you because of who you are and what you did? She's not like that, our Brianna. She has a good heart."

"How could I condemn her to the life I lead? There are people who still don't know the reasons for what I did. I never show myself, and I only tell my friends who I am."

"And do you think she cares about any of that?"

"I-I don't know."

"Have you ever asked her?"

Gwydion looked at his hands. "No. Never."

"Will you ever?"

"Should I?"

"I can't answer that for you, Gwydion. All I can tell you is—nothing ventured, nothing gained. Do you care for her?"

"I'm not sure. I don't know her anymore. She's changed, grown up. She was barely a child when I met her last."

"So get to know the woman."

Gwydion leaned back in his chair. "Why are you telling me all this?"

"Hmm?"

"I mean, I thought you two were..."

Hawk waited.

"...Involved?"

Hawk hesitated for a long moment...then shook his head. "We're not involved. We're very good friends, best of friends, but not involved."

Gwydion cheered up. "Maybe I'll go talk to her today. I think I will...thank you my friend. You've helped greatly." He extended his hand, and Hawk shook it. He hurried out the door.

Hawk watched him go. He realized there was a pang in his heart. He should have moved further with Brianna, should have said something. But he'd been so afraid she'd tie him down. She did have a child, after all. And now she might just slip out of his hands.

He signaled the waitress for another drink.

Brianna was walking through the town. She smiled at the vendors, and absently bought the few purchases she needed. As she began to head back, Gwydion stepped out of an alley in front of her.

"Gwydion! You startled me."

He smiled. "I'm sorry, Brianna."

She smiled prettily up at him and he realized what he had missed all these years. "What is it, Gwydion?"

"Can we walk?" She nodded, and he proffered his arm. She took it, and walked at his side.

"There are many things I want to tell you, Brianna. Many things I want to say to you. But I don't know how to put them into words."

"What do you mean, Gwydion? Just say what you like."

He hesitated. "I'm afraid it's not that easy, Brianna." She looked concerned. "Gwydion?" She turned, and lay a hand on his arm, looking up into his face. Her face was sweet-looking and her eyes looked worried. He examined her face closely. It hadn't changed as much as he had thought.

"Brianna?

"Yes?"

He started to say something, then broke off. Started to say it again...and then he sighed. "Forgive me."

And he leaned down and kissed her on the lips.

They were both surprised at how intense the kiss was. One minute they were distant, the next moment it was as though four years had never happened. He enfolded her in his arms and held her tight, and her small fingers curled into his shirt, the packages tumbling to the ground.

From a block away Hawk watched them kiss, oblivious to anyone around them. People pointed at them admiringly, and couldn't help smiling as they kissed deeply. He was holding her as though he'd never let her go.

Hawk sighed. He turned, and headed down the street. As he walked, the sun set and the beautiful colors illuminated the town.

Elenia26
Elenia26
223 Followers
  • COMMENTS
1 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
WOW!

Loved the story and would like to have more!!!

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Sacrifice A voluntary sacrifice meets an unexpected end.in NonHuman
Hunted She is captured by a Bosnian sniper.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Rescued Yankee officer saves virginal southernbelle.in Romance
The Beast Goblins kidnap a princess, no good deed goes unpunished.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
In Plain Sight Love proves elusive for Kylie. Until she looks closer...in Romance
More Stories