Bri's Summer

Story Info
Bri has a romantic and exciting summer as a lifeguard.
2.2k words
4.22
28k
5
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers

It was the beginning of the summer and things were going from bad to worse for Bri. She had assumed that summer between high school and university would be filled with tanning, going to the gym, and partying every night. That was what her two older sisters had done and now she was sitting in a cold damp room waiting to be trained for her summer job. It was completely unfair but Bri was going to put on a fake smile and pretend that this was the best thing in the world.

Bri squirmed a bit in the hard orange plastic chair. Looking around she saw signatures from past year's staff covering the walls. It was cute and she could imagine herself signing the wall herself at the end of the summer. Right now she just needed to get through the training.

"Can I sit here?" Ryan asked.

Bri looked up and saw a tall muscular guy standing over her. Even if this had not been lifeguard training she would have assumed he was a lifeguard. He was tanned with blond hair and piercing blue eyes. Even though he was in board shorts and a t-shirt, she knew his chest was firm and bare. She was probably blushing but couldn't help it.

"O.k. I'm sitting here anyways cutie," Ryan blurted out.

Bri blinked and was returned to reality. Her mind had been racing with naughty thoughts and she didn't even realize that she hadn't answered him. She opened her mouth to say something but instead the manager stood in front of the room and began.

"Good morning and welcome to Summerside. I'm Kathleen the manager. We have a lot of new faces and only a few returning staff. I want to begin by sharing with you my first summer as a lifeguard."

Bri listened intently as her manager recounted the first summer when she dealt with an unconscious victim on her very first shift. She was a very good storyteller and Bri could tell that those that had heard the story before were equally interested as those who hadn't.

When the story was over they were broken into groups and Bri spent the next two hours reviewing resuscitation standards, how to teach preschoolers, and how to use the defibrillator. The time went by quickly because Ryan was in her group and he was an encouraging and patient partner.

"You're Angie's sister right?" Ryan asked innocently.

Bri bit her bottom lip hard, trying hard to refrain from her normal response. Her sisters were the bane of her existence in so many ways. Her parents loved all their children, but for some reason her sisters could get away with murder whereas she had to work for everything she got. Angie had sailed through high school barely passing but had surprisingly gotten into the prestigious university in town.

"Yeah." Bri blurted out.

"I hope you're nothing like her." Ryan smirked and walked away.

***

The next few weeks were a complete blur as Bri was immersed in her job as a lifeguard. Her shifts were always the same as Ryan and soon she was comfortable enough around him to start flirting. Each time she said or did something around him she got nervous and it wasn't until he pointed it out that she realized what she was doing.

"You know you bite your lip when you're nervous and that happens every time you chat with me? You know that right?" Ryan stated, as they were putting away the pool equipment at the end of the night.

"Um. I guess," Bri blurted out. "You make me nervous."

Ryan grinned and then continued. "There's a new movie coming out that's supposed to be scary and gory and simply gross. You seem the type to not be grossed out and act all girly, do you want to go?"

Bri processed what he had said and then stopped. Was he really asking her out? Clearly she had waited too long to respond because Ryan got nervous himself.

"Or not. It's fine."

"No! Wait. Sorry. I'm just thinking of way too many things." Bri stumbled on her words as she tried to explain.

"Yes. We work until eight on Friday right?"

Ryan grinned. That was the answer that both of them wanted.

***

The rest of the week went by quickly and Bri was so excited when finally the pool was cleared at the end of the evening. Ryan let her go and get changed, going on about how a girl needed hours to get ready whereas he just needed to change. The teasing that went on between them was increasing and both of them knew that others had slowly begun to notice.

Bri showered and put on a pair of tight black jeans and a cute top. The top was a little tight but she liked how it accentuated her breasts. Leaning over the sink in the staff room she put on a bit of lipstick and decided to let her hair down.

She smiled as Ryan walked past her. He was in black jeans and a similar colored shirt.

"Ready to go?" Ryan asked.

Bri smiled and soon they were in his car driving to the movie theatre. The movie was gross and Bri spent most of the time with her head buried in his shoulder. They shared a drink and popcorn and when the movie was over she didn't even realize that his arm had been around her the whole time.

"Totally gross. I'm sorry," Ryan apologized.

"No that's fine. I guess as lifeguards we need to be prepared for blood and gore, right?"

"Yeah I guess."

Bri and Ryan walked to his car in silence. The summer air was warm and Bri's hands were sweaty from both nervousness and the heat. Ryan's hands were equally sweaty and Bri realized that guys had the same emotions as girls. As they got to his car Ryan moved her against the car and looked down into her eyes.

"You have no idea how nervous I am. Like really nervous."

Ryan leaned in and kissed Bri. Bri reacted quickly and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him in tight. It was a moment she had wanted for a month and she had played out this scene in her head so many times she knew exactly what she wanted.

Ryan's hands were tight around her body and soon the kiss intensified as he opened his mouth and let the tip of his tongue flick gently against the roof of her mouth. They kissed harder as Ryan pushed her up against his car. When he finally pulled back both of them were breathing hard.

"Yep. Thought so." Ryan winked and opened the passenger door for Bri to get in. Bri was confused but didn't say anything. It wasn't until he drove out of the parking lot that he explained.

"Awesome kisser. Something I definitely want to do again, soon."

Ryan giggled and that made Bri laugh. Bri was about to say something when lights shone directly in front of them. Ryan swerved and missed a car that drove straight down the wrong way of the road. Bri gripped Ryan's arm and gasped as Ryan slammed on his brakes. Dust from the shoulder of the road shone through the headlights.

Bri and Ryan only had time to glance at each other before they heard the loud bang of two cars hitting. They turned around and saw a hundred meters down the road two cars crushed.

Instinct took over and both got out and began to run to the cars. Ryan grabbed the first aid kit from the trunk while Bri called 911. Ryan ran faster and got there first, calling out the injuries to Bri.

Bri stood back and answered the dispatcher's questions. She felt helpless as she watched Ryan check on both drivers.

"Bri get over here now."

Bri blurted out something to the dispatcher then stuck her phone in her pocket. She remembered being told not to hang up on 911 and she already had the phone on speakerphone so hopefully everything going on could be heard.

Bri watched as Ryan lifted an unconscious woman from the car and laid her down on the ground. Bri went into automatic and began to check for vital signs. She spoke aloud and knew that Ryan was close.

"The other driver is gone," Ryan blurted out.

He rushed over to Bri's side. She was doing C.P.R. effectively, much better and much calmer then he could ever do. He took over the compressions and soon they were in a rhythm.

Although it was only a few minutes, it felt like a lifetime before the sounds of sirens flooded the area. A paramedic arrived and took over for both of them. Bri was shaking and Ryan was trying his hardest to be strong for both of them. They watched from the side of the road as the woman was placed in the ambulance. Four police cars blocked the road.

"We'll need statements from both of you. I'm assuming you saw the crash." The police officer was older and quite abrupt. Ryan nodded and soon they were being asked a million questions as they sat in the back of the cruiser. By the time they were told they could go it was almost two in the morning.

"You should call your parents. I'll do the same. My house is closer you can stay over."

Bri nodded and called her parents. The moment her dad picked up the phone she knew she was in trouble.

"Dad ... listen please. There was a car accident. I'm staying at Ryan's. Fine."

Bri wiped away tears and was glad that Ryan didn't notice. He did notice but knew it was best not to say anything. When they arrived at Ryan's house his mom was waiting. The look of worry filled her face and Bri knew that it was a good choice to come here.

"We have a guest bedroom in the basement. Next to Ryan's room. You can have whatever bed you want."

Bri nodded and followed Ryan downstairs. He grabbed her hand and led her into his bedroom, shutting the door. Not a word was said as he undressed down to his boxers and she took off her jeans and bra. The moment they slipped into bed together they fell asleep from exhaustion.

***

The next morning Bri woke up to sun shining in her eyes. She blinked and then felt Ryan's body next to hers. In the middle of the night he had cuddled up against her and then he felt the crustiness of dried tears on her face. Her whole body hurt and she figured doing C.P.R. for almost three minutes was probably the cause.

"Hey," Ryan said quietly. "Are you O.K.?"

"Yeah," Bri answered with a confused look. "You burst into tears in the middle of the night. Took a while to calm you down but it gave me a good excuse to grope you."

Bri looked shocked but then laughed.

"I don't remember doing that but I kept dreaming of the car accident over and over again."

"I know. You did great."

Bri and Ryan got dressed then made their way upstairs. Ryan's mom was sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper. She trusted Ryan enough not to ask about the sleeping arrangements. He was twenty-five and could made his own decisions. She looked up and held up the front page.

"You guys are in the paper. It's a big story considering the driver who almost hit you guys and then ran into that woman was drunk and ran off into the bushes. They found him finally. Kathleen called and wants to talk to you."

Ryan hugged Bri and nodded. As he picked up the phone he kissed Bri on the top of the head.

"Hi Kathleen, it's Ryan. Yeah I know. We're fine. Shifts covered? Yeah that makes sense."

Ryan hung up the phone and was about to explain to Bri what had been said. He didn't have to. She already knew.

***

The rest of the summer was a blur as Ryan and Bri were interviewed many times as they recounted their adventures. Throughout the ordeal they explained that as lifeguards they had been trained to help others and even though it wasn't at the pool they weren't going to ignore an emergency.

As the last day of the summer came to an end Ryan and Bri put away the toys for the last time.

"I heard you changed universities?" Ryan asked quietly.

"How did you know?"

"Your mom mentioned to me how hopefully dating the new pool manager would help you get more hours since you'd be paying your own way." Ryan smirked. News of his promotion had spread quickly through town.

"I was going to mention that when I filled out my availability request. I don't want special treatment but yeah, I'm not going away."

Bri put the last flutter board away and looked at Ryan. He had been preparing for weeks the eventual departure of Bri and his reaction was quieter then she expected.

"Good."

Ryan stepped closer and kissed Bri softly. As he ran his hands through her hair he smiled and pulled back. "I had a good summer."

Bri giggled and held on tighter. "Yeah me too."

PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers