Broken Ch. 09

Story Info
Ben discovers that Linda has escaped.
6.5k words
4.19
20.8k
18

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/16/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This chapter goes back to Linda's escape. Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I hope you like it.

*****

Ben was enjoying the evening and the company as he finally settled down at the outdoor table with a beer. It seemed that everyone was in a partying mood and peals of laughter came one after another. He was glad that this event had come together; it was exactly what he needed to relax and enjoy himself. In between the sounds of merriment, He thought that he heard something out front of the house. He walked closer to the fence and thought he heard the sounds of a truck on the driveway.

"Do you hear that?" he asked his guests. "Listen."

Everyone became quiet as they listened. Something was making some noises, and then it could be heard getting a little louder and more distant as they listened. His first thought was that someone had just arrived. Ben took off running through the gate and around the house just in time to see the tail lights of a truck heading in a south-westerly direction away from the house. He then noticed the empty space on the driveway where he had parked and knew exactly what was happening.

"What the fuck?" he exclaimed as his first emotions were panic and then rage.

He began to formulate a plan immediately without alarming his guests. He needed his cell phone with the tracking app. To follow her. That was back near the barbeque grill. The Mustang wouldn't be too good for following her if she decided to drive cross-country through the desert. Maybe Mike would lend him his truck. What would he tell his friends? Think, think! Mike, Cathy and Stacy had come around to the front of the house too.

"Hey Ben, What's the deal with your truck?" asked Mike.

The two women stared and waited for his answer.

"Um, it looks like somebody just stole it," Ben replied hoping that would satisfy their curiosity.

"Out here?" Mike questioned the improbable explanation.

Ben ignored the question. "Mike, can I borrow your truck to go after her?"

"Her? What makes you think it's a her?" Mike persisted.

The statement of the possible involvement of a woman piqued the interest of Stacy and Cathy who gathered closer to hear every word.

"Long story, Mike. Can I please borrow your truck? I have to go get my phone from the back yard first."

"Sure, I guess," he said, "Hey, I'll come with you. Get your phone and I'll get it turned around and ready to chase her. The ladies can finish their supper while we retrieve your truck. Got any idea where she might be headed? Hey, maybe we should call the sheriff."

"If you're dealing with a psycho bitch you never know what she might do," interjected Stacy with her expert opinion. My god, she probably was checking all of us out too. I feel almost violated. Is she violent too?"

"No, no," Ben said with new alarm. "No cops. I don't want to get her in trouble at this point. It's probably just a simple thing that we can fix once we catch her. I doubt that she's dangerous, Stacy."

"Okay, man, but I think the sheriff could cut her off somewhere before she loses us," suggested Mike. "Maybe even arrest her for grand theft auto."

"No worries, Mike, I'll explain later but we gotta get going. I'll be right back after I get my phone. I can track my truck with an app. I have."

Ben ran to get his regular phone while he thought of other things he should bring along. He went through his bedroom where he grabbed the burner phone that was given to him by Mr. Smith too. He looked for the special app. That Mr. Smith had given him for his regular phone and started it. He had just played with it a little so far so he wasn't exactly sure of its capabilities. A map of the area appeared on the screen with his position and a flashing icon where Linda was. He could see that she was traveling south but couldn't see what road she was driving on.

This was still going to be hard to explain to his friends without causing more questions for himself. He wondered whether he should call Mr. Smith for advice. He'd do that once they were on their way. Damn, his car phone charger was in his truck. He hoped that Mike had one that would work because this could be a long evening. Ben was in a complete panic by the time he jumped into Mike's truck.

"Where to?" Mike asked.

"Just a minute, Mike. I have to figure out what road my truck is on. Let's just head out to the county road and head south. We can try to cut her off once we see where my truck is headed.

"Okay Ben, he said as he took off in a hurry with sand and gravel flying, seemingly enjoying the chase.

He knew the way well enough to get out to the road at which point Ben had determined how Linda was proceeding. Mike was having the time of his life with the chase. Mike turned on the set of four rally lights on top of his roll bar and practically turned the night into day.

"She doesn't seem to be going very fast, Ben remarked. "I think that if you take a left here and we head to county road eight we can get to where she's headed in time to stop her."

"Okay Ben. Just who exactly is this woman?" She sounds kinda psycho to come to your place and steal your truck in the middle of the night. How do you suppose she got to your place on foot?"

"Yes, she's been stalking me for a while," Ben started to improvise with a fictional story. "Maybe she has a friend who brought her out to my ranch. I sure don't know yet."

"Oh, man, I knew we should call the cops."

"Oh wait a minute. There is an agent with whom I've spoken on this stalking matter. I need to call him," Ben remembered as he really wanted the advice of someone who would know what to do.

"FBI or local police?" Mike asked.

"I think this is just a local matter for now," Ben answered trying to keep things as simple and innocent-sounding as possible.

He pulled out the burner phone that Mr. Smith had given to him for emergencies. He hit the single contact on the list and hoped that Smith would be there. He didn't want to say any more than he had to in front of Mike.

"Hello," Mr. Smith said cautiously.

"This is Ben. I'm afraid she got my truck and is heading south right now. Any suggestions?"

"Your truck? Are you kidding me? Are you chasing her now?" Smith asked.

"Yes we are," Ben said curtly.

"Is she far off?"

"Not yet and it looks like she's traveling at a pretty slow pace. I think we can intercept in less than twenty minutes."

"Can you talk freely?" asked Smith.

"No." he replied as briefly as possible.

"Listen, my boy," Smith said. You really have to capture her again. Do you think you can get that done on your own?"

"I think so," Ben said with as little emotion as he could express for the sake of Mike.

"It will be best if you can do this and get it done quickly, say within the next hour or two. Can you do that?"

"That's right." Ben answered.

"Okay Ben. Now listen very carefully. If you mess up and she gets away from you make sure to call me bask ASAP. Call me when you do get her back under control and just say, "It is done." Do you have that?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good luck then. Destroy that phone after tonight and get another. Text me the new number and I'll have to get a new one too. Oh and Ben, don't fuck this up. Click"

The advice from Mr. Smith somehow wasn't as reassuring as he had hoped. In fact it wasn't reassuring at all. Ben felt pensive as Mike was still being Mike and chasing down the dark dirt road at scary speeds for the conditions. They both saw the sign for the number eight and braced themselves for a hard right-hand turn with little reduction in speed. Mike had the truck in a four-wheel slide as he rounded the corner and headed west to cut Linda off. He was in his element and shouted out he was enjoying the chase so much.

***

Linda wasn't sure that she'd ever come across a major road. She had found an old dirt path through the wilderness that gave her pretty straight route to the south. She wished she had some sort of navigation equipment to find her way. It was really dark in the middle of the plains with no light other than the two headlights. She knew she needed to hurry but she felt uncomfortable at speeds much over forty with the rough terrain and limited visibility.

Eventually, about half an hour after she had absconded with the truck she came upon a fenced area with lights surrounding the compound. She headed in that direction and could see that the fence surrounded a lot of equipment and some large sheds and fuel tanks. She figured that there must be a major road nearby. .As she drove past the east side of the compound she saw a paved road ahead. There were no markings on it where she drove but it looked like a good road. She decided to turn right and head west.

After about a mile she saw that she was on county road eight west. That sounded promising since it was well marked with stripes and sounded like a major road. She increased her speed to sixty and kept driving. Hopefully there would be a gas station or food place where she could stop for help. Linda eased the accelerator up to seventy because she was anxious and in a hurry to find someone; anyone. She saw that the fuel tank was still one quarter full. Surely there would be a place along here soon.

***

Mike and Ben were moving at nearly eighty miles per hour as they headed west on county road eight. The road ran as straight as an arrow and Ben could see from the map on his phone that Linda appeared to now be on the same road a few miles ahead of them. They were catching up with her rapidly.

"I think we got her Mike," Ben said as he started to feel a little relief. "We just need to close in for a few more miles."

That was all the encouragement Mike needed to bump their speed up to ninety. The truck felt nearly airborne as they crested a hill and Mike shouted out, "Yeah!" The roadside was completely void of buildings and therefore there was no other traffic visible at this time of night - nearing 11:00. When they were at the top of another large hill they could see the taillights of another truck ahead.

"That's her!" Ben exclaimed. "Let's come up behind her, pass on the left and then pull in front of my truck so we can slow her down."

Mike exercised a little caution as he moved in to maneuver around her. Linda saw the truck with its blaze of lights. She thought of stopping to hail them down for help. She slowed and Mike pulled up alongside her. When she looked over she saw Ben string at her with looks that could kill. .She panicked and floored the accelerator. Ben's truck was no match for Mike's tricked out vehicle and he easily kept pace with her from behind. Linda didn't dare slow down and Ben and Mike were not sure what to do to stop her without creating a wreck. Finally Ben in desperation came up with a plan.

"Mike, can you come up alongside her and slowly ease her off the road?" "Try to not make any contact. I think she will back down if you squeeze her toward the shoulder."

"Okay buddy, but if there's any damage you're paying for repairs."

"Agreed," Ben said, glad that his friend was on board.

The roar of the big exhaust pipes filled the air as Mike opened the throttle and pulled alongside Linda. She looked scared but determined as Ben looked at her face. Her eyes were focused straight ahead with an intense concentration. She glanced back at him and felt queasy. Just as Mike was beginning to squeeze her to the shoulder they all saw bright lights ahead on the right-hand side of the road. A huge billboard sign read "Easy Stop" in bright neon letters with some of their specials in bright lights below that on the sign. Linda pulled into the exit lane while Mike jerked his truck over and dropped back behind her.

She drove past the refueling pumps and went straight to the parking area directly in front of the entrance. There were about ten vehicles parked at the pumps and in front of the convenience store. She opened the truck door and starting screaming as she jumped down and headed for the store. Mike was right behind her and pulled into the parking space beside the driver's side. Ben got out as he opened the truck door and began to pretend that they had had an argument for which he was terribly sorry.

"C'mon back home with me, baby," he implored. We can go on that vacation just like you wanted. Just please come back home with me."

She looked at him like he was from another planet as she started to pull the door open. Ben blocked the door with his knee and put his arms around her naked body to cover her and hopefully defuse any strangers getting involved. He saw his key in her hand and quickly took it from her as he continued his act. He lifted her and carried her back toward his truck as she struggled, kicked and hit him. Mike, Ben's loyal friend no matter what opened the passenger side door as Ben carried and dragged Linda back to the truck. She was sobbing now uncontrollably.

Just then a big man, well over six feet tall with muscles showing where his sleeves had been removed came out of the store. His baseball cap read, "Coors." He looked at the spectacle of a naked woman being held by a man that seemed to know her but she was hysterical and calling for help.

"Can I help you, Miss?" he asked.

Ben interrupted and spoke for her. "We had a little...well big argument this evening about going on one of those cruises to the Caribbean and she's really mad at me that I don't think now is a good time to leave the ranch."

"Please help, Sir," Linda implored from the passenger seat. He is not my husband and I just want to go home. Have you seen my picture on the news? I was kidnapped."

"Linda, honey; you know that's not true. Please don't mislead this gentleman" Ben turned to the stranger. We're having some trouble with the new meds right now too," Ben offered as he sweated whether the man had seen anything on TV or in the papers. "Now honey, you know that we have to get you home so you can take that medicine that Dr. Jones prescribed for you."

"Please sir, call the police," Linda said through the tears.

The man looked at them both trying to determine who to believe. Ben had to think fast. A crowd was beginning to form and it would get harder to convince a larger group of people. He opened the glove box and took out Linda's fake driver's license. See, it says right here that she's from California. I don't know whether there were any recent abductions on the news from there but my wife and I have been together for five years. He flashed her identification just to prove his point that he was telling the truth even though his story was full of holes. Right now he desperately needed Mr. Coors to believe him. He ignored the others as he put the seat belt on her and closed the door to the truck. Even to Ben's surprise, no one persisted. They probably were all in the middle of their Saturday night activities too.

Ben walked around the back and climbed into the driver's seat. He started the truck and slowly backed out of the parking spot. As he drove off he saw that no one wanted to get involved. Mike waited a few minutes then he left the service center too, following Ben's truck. Ben saw that he would probably need fuel to get home but he would stop somewhere else after he figured out how to get Linda subdues and under control.

Ben's phone rang and it was Mike. What was that all about, dude? She's buck naked for god's sakes!

"It's a long story, Mike. I'll tell you about it over a beer when we get her back to my place.

"But dude, why was she stealing your truck naked? That's some fucked up shit."

"She is a stalker and I really don't know what her mental and emotional issues are," replied Ben.

"Shouldn't we take her to the emergency room then to get medical attention?"

"That's a thought, Mike. I'll call ahead and drop her off at county hospital on the way back to my place. You go on back and let the women know that everything's all right and I'll do this with my contact in the sheriff's office."

"Okay Ben. Are you sure you don't still need my help?"

"I'll let you know what Mr. Smith says but I think this should be pretty straight forward. I'll be home when I can. Right now I need to call Mr. Smith and he'll tell me where to drop her."

Linda heard enough to really start to worry. She knew that Ben was not telling the truth. Her picture was out there as a kidnap victim. He couldn't take her anywhere. He wouldn't dump her someplace, would he? That was a scary thought too. What was he up to? After Mike turned off to head back to Ben's place Ben suddenly pulled over onto the shoulder of the road. He opened the driver's door to his truck and looked Linda in the eyes.

"Linda, I've decided that I need to hide you for a while until things blow over. Wait here or so help me I'll have to do something with you that neither one of us will like."

She remained in the back seat of his truck as he rolled back the cover over the bed. He came back with several bundles of heavy rope. Ben opened the back door and pulled her legs toward the door opening. With the skill of a rodeo calf roper he bound her legs near her ankles. He climbed in to roll her onto her stomach. Her arms and wrists were tied behind her back before he pulled her ankles up to her arms and bound them together. Opening the center console of his truck Ben pulled out a white cloth that was made for wiping glass. He stuffed it into her mouth and carefully poked every bit in.

He pulled her entire body from the cab of the truck and carried her to the tailgate where he gently laid her down. He rolled her in a blanket that was also setting in back of the truck. She was completely immobilized as he slid her body toward the front of the pickup bed. He rearranged a few boxes and a tire to hide her in front. He slid the bed cover back and snapped it in place around the entire perimeter of the bed. He'd check on her when he refueled a little ways up the road. She needed some air but also needed to remain completely unnoticed in the back of his truck. He climbed back into the seat, restarted the engine and headed to get some gasoline. He called Smith to give him the code words that all was well. He decided to destroy the phone at his place where he could make sure that every shred of the phone was gone.

Ben stopped to fill his tank and thankfully it was uneventful. He rolled the cover foreword to check on Linda. He uncovered her face. She was scared and wide-eyed but otherwise she seemed okay. He stroked her hair.

"You scared the shit out of me too," He admitted. "I am so glad to have you back here. I need you to remain quiet in here until we can get you back into your casita. You have no idea what the people who kidnapped you in the first place are like. Well maybe you do. Anyway, they take their business very seriously. If I hadn't been able to catch you tonight and you made it to freedom we'd both be in big trouble. Please don't make me have to make an example of you. I think we'll both be okay if nothing like this ever happens again."

Linda said nothing but his words got her thinking. He rolled her back in the blanket before securing the cover over the cargo area of his truck. He sped home where he parked the truck in the garage and then closed the garage door ahead of re-joining his friends. Before entering the house her opened the truck bed cover a little to make sure there was air getting in. He worried about the anticipated barrage of questions he was bound to face but his guests had been drinking and partying around the pool and were mostly just glad to see he and Mike return.

"I heard about that crazy bitch, "Stacy said. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, she's safe where she belongs," Ben answered. "They'll know what to do to help her there."

"Well I certainly hope they keep her so she can't come out here again," Stacy said. "I'd worry about you Benji," she said as she hung on him. "What if she comes back in the middle of the night to get you? Who knows what she's capable of?"

12