Broken Ch. 13

Story Info
Friday night found Dimitri at the bar.
1.9k words
4.68
19.5k
5
5

Part 13 of the 30 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/06/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bleedout
bleedout
47 Followers

Friday night found Dimitri at the bar and absolutely miserable. He stared through the amber in his glass down to the marred surface of the bar. It had seen better days, hell, he had seen better days. He lifted the glass taking a long gulp, sighing as it provided no relief. Ryan had drug him out, despite all his protests. He just wanted to be alone. And he swore, if one more twig with stick straight hair and enough make up to choke on made another suggestion he might just lose it.

Just then, something familiar came into the edge of Dimitri's sight. He turned and sighed. Madi. She seemed happy as ever, wild curls ends bouncing just below the middle of her back, body wrapped up in jeans with wide flares below the knee and a wifebeater, her standard. She pounded one shot and then another before nodding to the tender and stumbling back towards the pool table. She was... wasted. Absolutely obliterated. He watched as she bumped her way through the crowd, arriving at the jukebox to make her selection.

It happened so quickly Dimitri could barely believe it was real. One hand yanked Madi from the other man's grasp as the other pushed him away. He pulled her close, his lips dropping to her ear. "Are you alright?" She simply nodded. He knew the look in her eyes, the jerking movement had shaken up all that alcohol in her. For the first time, she was realizing just how drunk she was. "Let's get you home." Another nod. He held her hand tightly as he led her out of the bar into the fresh air. Just the smell of the crisp spring air made the greenness in her cheeks fade a bit.

Her head was swimming, she was horribly drunk and, and he was still holding her hand. She stumbled, zig-zagging across the pavement. Oh G-d, there was no way she was making it the 8 blocks to her own house. She stopped, looking up at Dimitri and stumbling backward a bit as she tilted her head upward. She was such a dumb ass. That was the only conclusion she could come to right now. She wanted to be selfish. She wanted to lock him up and keep him as her own forever, even if she wasn't good for him. He turned to look down at her.

"You okay, Lady?" She smiled. It was pretty tonight. An almost full moon made a white halo of light that reflected off his hair, the buzzing of the orange streetlights and the muffled sound of music from a house party. She swallowed hard, trying to a take a step forward and instead nearly falling into Dimitri. He chuckled, wrapping his arms around her to steady her, his head canting to look into her face. Being so close was all she could take, arms encircled his neck, tugging his face to her own as she kissed him.

Dimitri groaned, squeezing her closer still as he found her mouth again. She tasted like red bull and vodka, and maybe some jaeger? Slowly he broke the kiss and looked into her face. "Madi..." his hand rose to cup her cheek, his thumb beginning to move against her temple as she leaned into his touch, forcing a sigh from his throat. "I can't do that, not now. You're too drunk." She bit her lip and looked at the ground, unsure whether to be insulted or flattered. "Madi?" Her eyes rose to his face once more. She was being awful, wasn't she? "Do you wanna crash on my couch and I'll help you out with your hang over in the morning?" He chuckled, his arm still around her back, his free hand smoothing her hair, eyes locked on hers. Lips fell to brush against hers gently. He felt like total scum, taking advantage of her when she was vulnerable like this. Things would probably be the same, or maybe even worse than before, in the morning.

"Dimitri?" He looked at her, waiting for her answer. "Could I... could I sleep with you instead of the couch? I.. I just haven't been sleeping right all week." Despite the slurring and the drop off at the end, he thought he heard her correctly.

"You can sleep where ever you want."

"Okay." As she spoke he reluctantly loosened his grip on her, his fingertips sliding across her lower back and over her forearm until his hand found hers once more. From there the walk was relatively quiet, except for when Madi stumbled on bits of uneven sidewalk. How he managed to get her up the front stairs without lifting her was a mystery, and he smiled when she immeadiately moved to collapse on the crappy swing sweat he and Ryan had invested in on a trip to the local Walmart. She patted the seat next to herself in a sloppy movement. "Come sit? It's pretty out." He smiled, he couldn't say no to that voice, sleepy and childlike. He settled his weight gently, wrapping an arm around her shoulder out of habit. Before he could realize his action and correct it her head on his shoulder. "Dimitri?"

"Yes, Ms. Madi?" His head fell to rest against hers as eyes gazed out from beneath the roof out into the inky black sky, punctuated by the glitter of white blue stars.

"Would you want me if I were crazy?" He blinked, lifting his head to look down at her.

"What do you mean? Haven't you always been crazy?" The words were playful, a chuckle bubbling from his chest. She lifted her head, the tone of her eyes more serious than he had expected.

"I mean, Dimitri, I'm. Dimitri, I'm bad for you. I make you worry and eventually I'll make you angry and you'll see that I'm not what you thought I was and you'll—" The words were coming so fast he could barely make sense of them, and in truth, even once he figured out what she was saying, he couldn't really understand the meaning. He silenced her by pressing his lips against hers, hands cradling her face as he tried to control the urge to grab her and not let go.

She lost her train of thought, then, lost in the feeling of his mouth. Wet heat and the rough scratching of his stubble against her chin. She pulled away reluctantly, eyes slowing opening to look up into his. Her voice was soft and serious, though her pronounciation made it difficult not to laugh. "Dimitri, I only left because... I love you, and you deserve to be happy." She bit her lip, bowing her head as she realized that she had just let it all out. His mind raced for a moment, processing the nonsense.

"Madi," he lifted her chin with a finger, forcing her to look at him as he spoke. "What do you mean? I'm happy when I'm with you." She sighed, he couldn't understand.

"Dimitri, I ruin good boys. Something about me. I'm just bad and I guess it's contagious. Everything I touch turns to shit. I don't want that for you. I want you to be happy and healthy, I want you—" He silenced her with yet another kiss, this one more insistent, his tongue playing against hers.

"Madi, look at me." She looked at his request, her eyes on his. "I don't know if this is Karl or someone else speaking here, but it most certainly isn't you. You are smart, and beautiful, and funny, and passionate, and, and fucking amazing in the sack." She giggled and blushed. "I love you. You haven't turned anything to shit, Madi. You've just been there by some unfortunate accident." She shook her head, tears stinging her eyes.

"Dimitri, if I do this, I don't know what will happen if I lose you again. I don't know if my heart can break again and survive." He sighed. He remembered words like those. Hands pulled Madi close, rubbing her back as she cried into his shoulder. It was Natalie who had said them. The thought of his cousin made tears sting his own eyes. It had been around this time four years ago when they had found her dead in her apartment, beaten to death by a man she was too afraid to live without. Suddenly he gripped Madi tighter. He would protect her. She would be alright.

"Stay, Madi. Not just tonight." She looked up into his eyes, unbelieving. The words that had come out of her mouth sounded crazy, even to her. It was pathetic and... and he didn't care. She nodded, squeezing him tight. It would be a long talk in the morning, the talk to figure out what all this mess had really meant. But for now, it would be difficult to concentrate on behaving until the morning. He tugged her to her feet, a hand on her back as the disappeared into his room and beneath the sheets.

* * * * * *

Madi groaned as she strained to open her eyes. The world was a blur of light, her head was pounding. Why did she have to drink so much? She replayed the night, trying to remember. Shots, more shots, vodka and redbull, vodka and redbull, jukebox, boy, Dimitri. Dimitri! Eyes flew open, she really was here. She yawned, rolling over lazily in the queen-sized bed. On the chair beside the nightstand sat her clothes from the night before. She smiled to herself for a moment. And the realization. He had seen her without pants on, he had seen... she felt her lip begin to quiver, she needed to get out of here, now. She stumbled out of bed, nearly falling back over into it. Great, and she was still half-drunk.

Madi had managed to tug on her jeans and was in the process of sliding into her shirt when Dimitri walked in the bedroom door. He sighed as she scrambled. "Madi." She ignored him, looking for her shoes. "Madi. Stop. Sit. Talk." She sighed, sitting up Indian-style.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done this, I don't know what I was thinking." He was almost hurt. Did she remember what she had told him last night? "Dimitri, I don't want to lead you on or anything, I was really drunk and things got out of hand." She thought they had had sex.

"Madi, we didn't... we didn't sleep together last night. Well, we slept together be we didn't SLEEP together." She looked a bit confused. He sat down beside her. "I just changed you because you didn't look very comfortable in what you were wearing. But what's more important, we talked last night." She bit her lip. Madi was notorious for her inability to lie when drunk.

"Oh."

"Madi?"

"Yes?"

"I love you." She looked over at him, unsure of how to react, eyes were wide. He sighed. "I, I'd really like to try things again. I promise, you can't ruin me. Not unless you're not with me." She swallowed hard. This wasn't a really moment. This was a cheesy dream sequence. She would wake up at any moment. But as long as she was asleep, she might as well be honest.

"I love you." He smiled from ear to ear, his lips pressing against hers. The heat of them drew her closer. She broke it for only a moment, "Dimitri, I'm sorry." He smiled, kissing her once more.

"I'm not" He chuckled, kissing her again. "Not as long as I'm kissing you."

bleedout
bleedout
47 Followers