Broken Hearts & Busted Stereos Ch. 06

Story Info
Digging your way out.
1.3k words
4.43
15.3k
3
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 27 of the 30 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/06/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bleedout
bleedout
47 Followers

Ted sighed restlessly, eyeing the clock. 7:30 am and his bedroom was flooded with light. He had barely slept a wink. Mika had been too drunk to realize, but he had seen the movement in the yard, recognized a tall slender shadow and a far short, curvier one beside him. Why couldn't he just be happy for them? And how could he set things right without ever admitting to what made him upset in the first place? He could make up another reason.. but no, how could you lie while apologizing? He growled, pushing himself off the mattress to wander down the stairs and start a pot of coffee, unfortunately, his mother had already beaten him to it.

"You're up early." He ran his hand through the strawberry blonde mess atop his head before letting the same hand fall to scratch at his chest.

"Couldn't fall back asleep." She sighed. Ever since Ted had seen Janey the other night he had been visibly bothered. Even if he didn't tell anyone else, she knew what shook him to the core. She had seen the way Matt and Janey looked at each other across the room, the things they thought they kept secret from everyone else. And whether or not Ted would admit it, he had always been absolutely smitten with that girl.

"Are you coming with us to the Fabrizi's brunch?" How to sidestep this question? Every year the entire family went to the Fabrizi brunch, but he knew Janey was going. Mika had told him, before she knew he was 'Teddy.' Mika... the thought of he made him feel only slightly better. He only wish he had met her in San Diego, he wouldn't have found out she knew Janey for months. She was a good excuse.

"Actually, I was going to go hang out with this girl from the bar." He heard his mother sigh as she stepped away from the coffee pot, now making that popping sound that could only mean that everything was percolating.

"I'm sure Andrea and Anthony will be upset not to see you."

"I'm going to stop by there tomorrow afternoon, they're so busy at the brunch every year, anyway. I think I'm gunna go change and go for a run." She shrugged and yawned.

"Okay, sweetheart. We're leaving at 11. I'm going to hop in the shower now before I have to deal with the troops." Ted just laughed to himself. Their entire household had to be up and dressed and ready a full hour and a half before they had to be anyplace to go wake up his sister and her family. Sometimes he wondered why they didn't just move in next door.

He made his way up the stairs behind his mother, turning into his room to pull on a pair of shorts and t-shirt and grab his walkman off his desk. He stooped to pick up a piece of paper that had slid off along with it before shaking his head. His name was written on the front in Janey's funny hand, mostly capitals, with only i's as lowercase, occasionally descending into a half-assed cursive scrawl. It never ceased to amaze him just how well it fit her. He flipped it, the piece of tape holding it closed had never been broken. He thought he had thrown them all out.

Ted didn't know why but he sat then, slowly opening and unfolding it. The note was two pages long. He couldn't help but read it.

"Teddy- Look. You've made it apparent you want nothing to do with me. And that's fine. But I only wish you would tell me why. Our friendship kept me going through a lot of hard times, and to know that I don't have that support system anymore, well, it's breaking my heart here, Teddy. There's only one thing I can think of that could make you do this sudden 180, to just one morning wake up and not be my friend. And it's me and Matt. I know it's probably weird that two people who you had kept as separate friendships for so long have created a friendship of their own. But it doesn't mean either of us are any less close to you. Someone tried to tell me that you were jealous of Matt and I told them they were being ridiculous. I mean, we've been friends for 4 years, if anything was meant to happen, it would have by now. Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I would have given anything for you to do something, say something, just give me a sign that maybe there was something more. But I grew past it, and I was so glad I did. Because you're a wonderful person and I love you. But I don't think I could ever be IN love with you. So please, if you read this, just know, I'm not mad with you. I just miss you. I really wish we could, ya know, be okay again. Maybe smoke a blunt for old times sake? I don't plan on changing my number anytime soon, and besides, if I did, your brothers or your mom would have my number anyway. So, if you ever change your mind, I'll be okay with that. Always a friend, Janey."

He stared at the words on the page. She knew him so well. She had known it all along. He sunk his teeth into her lower lip. She was right. They weren't right. She needed somebody practical and combatitive... and... Matt. and he needed someone who was organized and always joyful who would avoid confrontation... not Janey. Not that it didn't still sting.

Maybe it was time to move on. He sighed. A run would help him think. He could clear his head and come back different. He rose once more, placing on his headsets, he bit his lip and stopped, turning and grabbing a CD off a tack in the wall. "Mix of Awesomeness. Last summer. I <3 you! Janey!" He chuckled, sliding it in and moving down the stairs and out the door. * * * * * Matt had never seen Janey quite like this. Silently staring out a window, hands folded in her lap. Long chocolate curls were hanging down her back, a form fitting t-shirt in a seafoam that matched her eyes topping off a skirt that looked like a china pattern with a white backdrop and the silhouettes of flowers in the same color as her shirt.

She turned when a song came on the radio, manicured fingers gently pressing the volume up just a few notches and smiling to herself. Since she let him drive her car, he thought it only appropriate that she be allowed to choose the radio station. The soul and blues mix she had chosen had impressed him. She sang along quietly to a female covering an old Al Green tune...

"If I gave you my love...I tell you what I'd do-oo-oo.. I'd expect a whole lotta love from you..." He grinned as she let the music carry her away a bit, her face changing with what she sang as head moved along with the rhythm, fingertips patting against her thigh in time.

"Who is this?" She blushed. She had forgotten he was there. She was bad that way with the music she loved.

"Guess."

"I have no idea."

"Queen Latifah" She giggled as he looked at her.

"Really?"

"Yeah." She smoothed her hair behind her ear as he turned forward once more, turning into the parking lot and finding a space. She smiled at him sheepishly, a bit out of character for her.

She didn't know how to explain this nervousness, nor could she seem to get past it. It wasn't that she had never met Matt's family before. She knew his parents, his sisters, a few of his cousins. It was different this time, somehow. They were walking in together. And they had to leave together, as Matt had left his car at her house.

"Ready?" He turned to look at her as he unbuckled and stepped out. She nodded, getting out her own side of the car and taking a deep breath. She followed him, trying to calm the nerves that made her stomach seem to do flip flops.

bleedout
bleedout
47 Followers