Bromfield's Temptations Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What I'm saying is that although the theoretical risk is there, I don't think it's very likely to occur. But since you and Stick are now equal partners, this is something you have to know.

"One more thing. I still don't know where Carmine and Richard fit into the picture, but I have a feeling that Stick, here, may be tough enough to deal with them. If you can get Steve and Carol to clean up their act, it's just possible that you may have a gold mine on your hands."

Then, for the first time in my career, I solicited a client. "I'll be glad to represent you," I said.

Stick reached behind Su Lin and silently squeezed my shoulder. Su Lin turned and kissed my cheek.

I dropped Su Lin and Stick, and told Su Lin I'd pay for the car. Then, after I pulled Stick's wheelchair from the trunk, Su Lin gave me a quick kiss. "Thanks for everything, Jim. I'd be very grateful if you could stay involved in Satin Studios. Thanks for offering." She kissed me again. Stick and I shook hands, and I watched them cross the sidewalk to their apartment.

It was late. Not wanting to take chances, I avoided the garage, and parked on the street. Then I let myself in the apartment building and rode the elevator to my floor.

The apartment was empty. A note in Louise's handwriting was pinned to the back of my chair. Fearful what it would say, my hands began to tremble and even before I touched it, I went into the kitchen and poured three fingers of bourbon into a water glass. Then, sipping the whiskey, I read her note.

Dear Jim,

When you read this, you'll

probably know why I wanted to go to the studio

tonight. I thought I could get them to lay off

you because I know things about that movie that

they don't want spread around. The only problem

is, they know some stuff about Marta that I

don't want spread around, either. That's why

Rob called.

So I have decided to take Marta

away where we'll be safe, and nobody can find

us. I know Bette will take good care of you.

We had it good, and I'll always

love you.

Louise

I had a second blast of bourbon, and after checking the locks on the door, I tumbled into bed.

I slept until noon the next day. The next morning God, was it only Saturday? I prepared an omelet and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. Then I drove down to the office and spent a productive day catching up on work I had let slide.

The following morning, after my usual omelet, I read the Sunday paper. Then I watched a baseball game.

Monday, I drove the rental car to the office and called the company to arrange to keep it for an additional couple of days. In mid- afternoon, I suddenly needed to talk to someone. Besides, I needed someone to help retrieve my car. I flipped open my Rolodex, and found Wilma's number. Then, on second thought, I pulled Sandy's. I suppose I stared at those two telephone numbers for five minutes before I picked up the receiver and began to dial.

The End

I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I did writing it.

Denny (aka sealawyer)

12