Brother Love Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,952 Followers

She just held on tighter.

"No! I'm not letting go until you agree to talk to me. Please."

I relented, promised I would talk, helped her up, and bought her a double expresso. We sat in a booth near the back, and everyone in the place made sure we were left alone.

She was crying softly. I sat, looking at her, missing her terribly, wanting to take her in my arms. Instead I just waited.

It took her a few minutes to speak. If she hadn't been holding my hand so tightly her knuckles were white I may have gotten up to leave. It was almost a whisper when she found her voice.

"I'm sorry?"

"All right."

She looked up at me, apparently it was not the answer she expected.

"Huh?"

"I said all right. I accept your apology. But let me ask you, what are you apologizing for, exactly?"

She sighed in frustration.

"Everything. I'm a true bitch, all right? I deserve to be miserable."

I gave her a little smile.

"Drop the drama, honey. Let me tell you what I think. I love you. Deeply. Truly. The thought of being married to you, having children together, fills me with great joy."

"That being said, I want to marry a woman, not a child with a sense of entitlement. You have to grow up, soon, or you never will. Yes, you deserve good things in life, everything you desire. Whether you get them is up to both of us, but no one is going to hand it to us just because we deserve it. We'll have to work for it. Am I getting through to you? I want a partner, not a princess. Do you understand? Are you willing to grow up? Be truthful here."

We talked for an hour. Two days later she was in my apartment again. Two months later we were living in another state. She was looking of a job that could use her skill set while I settled into my new job. I hadn't brought up marriage and she was smart enough not to push it.

.................................................

I did a blurt for our next show.

"The next subject will be education, more pointedly the decline of our educational system. If you have something specific you want us to ask, email us. I already have my guests lined up, so I won't be taking volunteers. See you soon."

................................................

Mesclun mix. Browning Goldring. Beets, onions, carrots. Fingerling potatoes. Spinach and Swiss Chard.

These are some of the things that have kept me away from the keyboard. I think I mentioned it before, but I farm, part time, and this is my busiest season. I have a little breathing room right now, and have a few things almost ready to post, so I hope you'll hear from me again soon.

As always, thanks for reading. Vote if you think it deserves it, comments always appreciated.

qhml1
qhml1
8,952 Followers