Brown Eyes Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KarennaC
KarennaC
616 Followers

It wasn't Javier, but it was someone I wanted to talk to. My friend Tom. I sat down and typed, "Hi, how are you?"

"Good. You?"

"I've been better, but I'll be okay." I wanted to tell him about the argument with Javier, but I wasn't sure he'd want to hear about it.

"What's wrong?" Tom asked.

"Just stuff going on."

"How are things going with Javier?"

Okay, so maybe he wouldn't mind hearing about it. "We had an argument a little while ago. I'm not even sure what it was about, but I guess we aren't going to the meet and greet."

"That's too bad. You two make a good couple."

"We aren't a couple."

"You aren't?"

"We're just friends with benefits. That's what he said."

"That's bullshit. I've seen you two together, Adrienne. You definitely aren't just friends."

"He says we are."

"I saw how he looks at you. That says a lot more than his words. He cares a lot about you. Anyone can see it. I don't think you have to worry about the argument."

"I hope you're right."

"I'm pretty smart. I'm usually right."

Maybe he was right. I definitely hadn't felt like Javier and I were just friends, regardless of what Javier said. And Deirdre had said pretty much the same thing Tom was saying. If they'd seen it too, I might not be crazy. And if they were right about that, Tom might be right that Javier and I would make up from the argument.

Tom and I chatted for a while longer, and he showed me photos of his prize-winning Chevy Monte Carlo show car. When he finally said good night and signed off, I felt better. There were no messages from Javier, but the argument didn't weigh as heavily on my mind as it had before.

* * *

I was up early the next morning, for no other reason than that I wanted to be. Even though I wasn't getting paid, it was nice to have time to sit and do nothing.

After making a cup of coffee, I sat down at my computer. An IM from Javier popped up almost immediately. "How are you?" he asked.

"Better than yesterday."

"I'm sorry. When I get angry, I say things I don't mean. After I have some time to think about it, I calm down. What was wrong last night?"

I couldn't lie to him again, but I couldn't tell him the truth either. So I found a middle ground. "I'm nervous about going to the meet and greet. I keep thinking something's going to go wrong."

"There's nothing to be nervous about, carina. Why didn't you just tell me that last night?"

"I thought you'd think I didn't want to go, and I do."

"Then that's all you had to say. I have to get going; I have to go with Child Protective to a client's home this morning, but I wanted to make sure we were okay before I left. We are okay, right?"

"Yes."

"Good. Take care, carina."

"You too."

He signed out. I scrolled back and reread the short conversation. Even though I still felt like I shouldn't go to the meet and greet, the feeling wasn't as strong. And Tom had been right about the argument not lasting.

Was he right about how Javier felt about me, too?

KarennaC
KarennaC
616 Followers
12