Brownwood: Hedge Funds Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I wonder where he got proof his cheating wife was sleeping with that asshole?" he asked making no attempt to look innocent.

I never talked about Mark Hughes in front of David again. I figured it was best to let sleeping dogs lie.

David doesn't travel to Atlanta and Phoenix and there are no more weekend seminars. I have access to all of our accounts and have been more active in monitoring them. His past 'investments' have taken a surprisingly profitable turn recently, at least on paper, and most of our financial losses have been recouped.

Anna Marie's boutique did better than even David dreamed. Her success though caused some problems. Having my husband still a part of her life was too painful, so he made it possible for her to buy out our investment at a very healthy return. So no more contact between the two of them.

We moved to Brownwood after Christmas for a fresh start. His business is taking off and since he's kept a few of his old Dallas clients, we're still financially well-off.

I accepted a project manager position with a company called Grymm Engineering Solutions. I seem to fit in perfectly there. GES was on the fast track to become a Fortune 100 company until a scandal derailed it several years ago. Since then, it's worked hard to become successful even though it'll never reach the level it once could've. Like I said, I'm a perfect match.

My supervisor is a guy named Zach Morgan. It looks like we're going to be a great team... professionally. David and I became friends with Zach and his wife. We grew close enough that we shared some of our past with them. I'd like to say it drew us closer but it didn't. Zach's wife watches me closer now. I guess I don't blame her but it still hurts.

While the adults may never be best friends, our children are another matter. Shelly and Shannon Morgan are both at Brownwood Junior High and became BFF's Shelly's first week of school. Shannon is a beautiful 14 year-old and it is obvious Ryan has a major crush on her.

And my marriage? Well, we're still working through it. Most days, things seem almost normal with us sharing gentle words, loving touches, and laughter. Then other days, the memories come flooding back along with all the hurt and pain. I know over time those dark days will get less and less. Truthfully, I can't wait for the day when this is only a bad memory.

We're still in counseling and will be for some time. David's still trying to get past my betrayal and the years of lying while I still struggle with the severity of his 'revenge.' Raymond was right, two wrongs didn't make it right, it just damaged it even more. But that was the only way to save our marriage, according to David. I either have to accept that or I need to move on without him. There are times when I'm not sure which I'll choose. I think the real question has been, is this damaged marriage worth saving? So far the answer has been 'yes' for both of us.

Our trust is being rebuilt, very slowly. I don't doubt we love each other but we both sometimes wonder whether it'll be enough for us to survive when the kids leave. Still, we have a little time. Shelly won't graduate for another five years.

I'd like to think we can pick up the pieces but only time will tell. I believe we have a good chance as long as neither of us decides to invest in any 'hedge funds.'

****